Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Rainbows

I was previously optimistic about our chances but the longer our current mess goes on the less likely.

The obvious attraction is Chelsea to play alongside CHO,Mount and Abraham under Lampard, with the bonus of being in London.

Now things change fast in football, so who know how it will look by summer but right now not looking good.
This transition could kill us. I don't want to think about how good Chelsea will be with Sancho and CHO on the wings.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
bit much!?!?!

It sounds like a lot which is why I assume that he did more than just show up a week late. But on the other hand it's probably around one week's wages for him and the club are supposedly very keen on discipline since they gave Aubameyang a lot of freedom and got burned for it.

DanClancy

I was previously optimistic about our chances but the longer our current mess goes on the less likely.

The obvious attraction is Chelsea to play alongside CHO,Mount and Abraham under Lampard, with the bonus of being in London.

Now things change fast in football, so who know how it will look by summer but right now not looking good.

I can't see Chelsea signing Sancho, they won't spend over £100m on a player especially in position where they've just spent £60m on a 19 year old.

Godfather

Should have gone all out on him this summer. It's only going to get worse. No way is he going to sign for us in the state we are in at the moment.

AFC NimbleThumb

Why? I’ve never understood the optimism on this guy, he’s a generational talent & we’re the worst United side in a generation [if not longer].

mav_9me

Why? I’ve never understood the optimism on this guy, he’s a generational talent & we’re the worst United side in a generation [if not longer].
I dont consider City and Liverpool as realistic options for him.

Leaves us and Chelsea who were arguably in worse position over the summer, with transfer ban, owner appearing not wanting to spend, their squad was felt to be inferior etc. And we had an obvious RW spot with No. 7 waiting.

But of course since then Lampard has steadied their ship while ours has continued to sink lower.

Infra-red

I dont consider City and Liverpool as realistic options for him.

Leaves us and Chelsea who were arguably in worse position over the summer, with transfer ban, owner appearing not wanting to spend, their squad was felt to be inferior etc. And we had an obvious RW spot with No. 7 waiting.

But of course since then Lampard has steadied their ship while ours has continued to sink lower.
We won't be in the running without CL football and that looks incredibly unlikely now.

Plenty of the big clubs in England, Italy, France and Spain will have a look - he'll have his pick of them.

mav_9me

We won't be in the running without CL football and that looks incredibly unlikely now.

Plenty of the big clubs in England, Italy, France and Spain will have a look - he'll have his pick of them.
Thats why I said I dont think we have much of a chance now.

However we did have a great chance as very few clubs can spend, and have the need and are willing to spend on one player the 100m+ needed.

Bwuk

Could see Chelsea offering Pulisic back to Dortmund to lower Sancho fee.

BlackShark_80

I can't see Chelsea signing Sancho, they won't spend over £100m on a player especially in position where they've just spent £60m on a 19 year old.
With Willian and Pedro probably gone next season and Pulisic is bang average, i can see them signing Sancho even if his price will be over £100m.

Treble

If Sancho is good enough this season and Sane goes to Bayern Sancho to City is a logical option. Sancho is not stupid and is seeing how Guardiola has transformed Sterling. The main stumbling block would be the transfer fee as City are happy to boast about having a relatively low transfer record - not even in the top 10 in Europe and only 5th in England. They have to double it to sign Sancho.

Chelsea might be a genuine option. They play excellent attacking football.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why would they take him back
They took back Sahin, Gotze, Kagawa and Hummels. It seems they have a habit of buying back their players and giving them a second chance.

Chelsea could happily have CHO, Sancho, Pulisic, Willian as their wide options. People are being very naive if they think Chelsea aren't in this.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
They took back Sahin, Gotze, Kagawa and Hummels. It seems they have a habit of buying back their players and giving them a second chance.

Chelsea could happily have CHO, Sancho, Pulisic, Willian as their wide options. People are being very naive if they think Chelsea aren't in this.
Chelsea will be involved no doubt. I think City is the most likely then Liverpool though. We'll smash our budget on Maddison.

Raw

Chelsea have spare funds from the transfer ban, have a young team playing attacking football, require some depth and quality on their right wing, are very likely to get into the top 4 and Sancho was allegedly a Chelsea fan. It makes a lot of sense for him to move there yet I've seen no links at all about Chelsea being interested.

Adam-Utd

Chelsea will be involved no doubt. I think City is the most likely then Liverpool though. We'll smash our budget on Maddison.
Won't be City if Pep is there.

Can't see him wanting to move to Liverpool either with Liverpools front 3 set in stone, and Klopp being non commital about his future also.

I think we will aim for both Sancho and Maddison personally, but if we don't end up playing some good football by the end of the season we can say goodbye to both.

AaronRedDevil

Thats why I said I dont think we have much of a chance now.

However we did have a great chance as very few clubs can spend, and have the need and are willing to spend on one player the 100m+ needed.
Only chance we have is to overpay about £120m+ and big wages. Could be worth it in the long run.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Wonder if any club fans are desperate to sign a player like Manutd fans are with Sancho. I know he is very good player with huge potential but the desperation is silly and we still have many months for this season to be over.

You never know which player will make the breakthrough next. Just 2-3 seasons ago people were posting as if there is no player except Dembele to sign, now his replacement at Dortmund is playing much better than Dembele.

Roboc7

Yep Chelsea, Liverpool and City are all much more likely destinations than us. All those teams will have the money and they will all be more attractive propositions.

We’re great for him and his agent as he can string us along and be used as bargaining tool for a new deal at Dortmund or a move elsewhere.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

All of those players were starters when they left. Pulisic was surplus to requirements

Bwuk

At City he'd be competing with Sterling, Sane and Mahrez. I'd imagine Bernardo will be a midfielder full time when David Silva leaves this summer.

Unless Sane left I don't see City buying him.

pocco

loco
Won't be City if Pep is there.

Can't see him wanting to move to Liverpool either with Liverpools front 3 set in stone, and Klopp being non commital about his future also.

I think we will aim for both Sancho and Maddison personally, but if we don't end up playing some good football by the end of the season we can say goodbye to both.
Why not if Pep is there? He's probably a selling point if anything. I know he let him leave but I don't think it means a lot other than he needed game time which City couldn't give at the time.

Apparently Liverpool have already had talks with Sancho's agent. I could see a bit of movement at Liverpool to make it happen.

At City he'd be competing with Sterling, Sane and Mahrez. I'd imagine Bernardo will be a midfielder full time when David Silva leaves this summer.

Unless Sane left I don't see City buying him.
I'm only guessing, but I could see Mahrez and/or Sane leave this summer. Sancho is/will soon be better than both so if they could make it happen then it would make sense. I think they'll fight tooth and nail to stop him going anywhere else in the PL.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Why not if Pep is there? He's probably a selling point if anything. I know he let him leave but I don't think it means a lot other than he needed game time which City couldn't give at the time.
Guardiola, though, does not see Sancho wanting to come back to City while he is still in charge.

The manager said: “I don’t know, in football you never say no, but I don’t know. I think when he decided to move on from here it is because he doesn’t want to be here.

“When he doesn’t want to be here I think he’s not looking forward to coming back here. That is what I think right now. Maybe in the future – new club, new managers – but I don’t know.

“We know what we have done with Jadon. We did absolutely everything and he decided to move on to Germany so all the best.

“He’s doing really well. He’s started his career and hopefully he can achieve what he was looking for.

“It’s a good sign for England that players are going there because it’s important for the future. I’m glad he’s playing well.”
Maybe the media concluded Pep won't sign Sancho with the 'new managers' comment.

DanClancy

With Willian and Pedro probably gone next season and Pulisic is bang average, i can see them signing Sancho even if his price will be over £100m.
You've got to consider the financial aspect of the deal, Chelsea have really changed the way they go about their business the last 5 years; Lampard does have a few players out on loan who'll generate a decent sum but the likes of William & Pedro won't given their ages. I'd imagine Lampard will want to buy 4 or 5 players next summer so just can't see them having the financial clout so spend over £100m on one player.

Adam-Utd

@pocco Sancho was very unhappy with the way Guardiola dealt with him, and Guardiola himself has publically said he doubts he would come back.

Obviously anything can happen, but it's not like City don't have big competition in wide areas also. It won't be easy for him to break the Silva/Sterling front line.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
You've got to consider the financial aspect of the deal, Chelsea have really changed the way they go about their business the last 5 years; Lampard does have a few players out on loan who'll generate a decent sum but the likes of William & Pedro won't given their ages. I'd imagine Lampard will want to buy 4 or 5 players next summer so just can't see them having the financial clout so spend over £100m on one player.
Hazard was sold for that much. Morata for 50 mil.
Willian and pedro if they leave will free up 2 lots of 100k plus a week wages.
Signing jadon sancho for a big fee will not be a problem.

pocco

loco
Maybe the media concluded Pep won't sign Sancho with the 'new managers' comment.
@pocco Sancho was very unhappy with the way Guardiola dealt with him, and Guardiola himself has publically said he doubts he would come back.

Obviously anything can happen, but it's not like City don't have big competition in wide areas also. It won't be easy for him to break the Silva/Sterling front line.
I didn't feel like that was Guardiola ruling it out, I just felt like it was a bit of the usual Pep bluster. Who knows, it's just guess work really. I just feel like they'll be in for him, whether Sancho would be interested, maybe not. But the way people are talking we have a clear run at him. We're talking about one of the best young players in the world and he's not at a top club, so he's attainable. I'll be gobsmacked, but over the moon, if that's how it turns out.

BlackShark_80

Chelsea have enough money to sign Sancho and other players.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Wonder if any club fans are desperate to sign a player like Manutd fans are with Sancho. I know he is very good player with huge potential but the desperation is silly and we still have many months for this season to be over.

You never know which player will make the breakthrough next. Just 2-3 seasons ago people were posting as if there is no player except Dembele to sign, now his replacement at Dortmund is playing much better than Dembele.
Us and Sancho is nothing compared to Liverpool fans and Mbappe.

Bwuk

Unless one of Liverpool’s front 3 left I can’t see Sancho going there. He’s too good to be a bench player.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Unless one of Liverpool’s front 3 left I can’t see Sancho going there. He’s too good to be a bench player.
Yeah given the fact that a club like Liverpool has to play 70 or more games a season, it seems *really* outlandish to think they might want to have 4 top flight players for 3 positions.
Also Klopp, *never* played a 4-2-3-1 on regular basis, except for the 7 or so years he's been coaching Dortmund.
If you ask me Liverpool is the most likely destination for Sancho.

Bwuk

Yeah given the fact that a club like Liverpool has to play 70 or more games a season, it seems *really* outlandish to think they might want to have 4 top flight players for 3 positions.
Also Klopp, *never* played a 4-2-3-1 on regular basis, except for the 7 or so years he's been coaching Dortmund.
If you ask me Liverpool is the most likely destination for Sancho.
Doesn't matter what he done at Dortmund, Liverpool have been pretty rigid with the 4-3-3. Why change what's working so well for them?

Origi is probably the 4th choice in the front 3 at the moment, and he's played 347 mins in 10 appearances this season. Do you think Sancho would be happy with that?

Or do you think Mane/Salah/Firmino would be happy being rotated, when they aren't at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.