Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Doesn't matter what he done at Dortmund, Liverpool have been pretty rigid with the 4-3-3. Why change what's working so well for them?

Origi is probably the 4th choice in the front 3 at the moment, and he's played 347 mins in 10 appearances this season. Do you think Sancho would be happy with that?

Or do you think Mane/Salah/Firmino would be happy being rotated, when they aren't at the moment?
Origi isn't Sancho, to be fair. I reckon they'll cash in on Salah soon. I've heard quite a few Liveroool fans say they think they'll sell him and, surprisingly, they'd be happy to. I don't watch them often and assume he plays well often but those I've spoke to complain that he's greedy on Coutinho levels. They might be more than happy to swap Sancho for Salah and make money. Another thing I've heard floated is Salah moving up top as a Messi type false 9 with Sancho on the right.

None of this is that outlandish. It's crazier to think he'd come here imo.

He'sRaldo

Not to rush to conclusions but I have to ask, how strong is the Bundesliga currently?

Dortmund hasn't had the best results in the last few European matches, as well as a couple of other clubs from the league. Is it possible that the league is currently not as strong as we're estimating and thus his performances might not translate smoothly? It wouldn't be the first time we've experienced something like that.

pascell

Not to rush to conclusions but I have to ask, how strong is the Bundesliga currently?

Dortmund hasn't had the best results in the last few European matches, as well as a couple of other clubs from the league. Is it possible that the league is currently not as strong as we're estimating and thus his performances might not translate smoothly? It wouldn't be the first time we've experienced something like that.
Leipzig and Munich both won whilst Leverkusen have a really tough group. It's a bit harsh to say their league isn't as strong as we thought off the back off these results.

Regarding Sancho, he seems like he's having a dip in form, like every young player his age has. Dortmund rely on him but it's worth noting that their other attackers haven't been as efficient as last season neither, the likes of Reus and Alcacer should be coming up with the goods when their younger players like Sancho, Brandt and Hazard aren't in good form.

He'sRaldo

Leipzig and Munich both won whilst Leverkusen have a really tough group. It's a bit harsh to say their league isn't as strong as we thought off the back off these results.
If you look at the recent European record of a lot of the German clubs it doesn't look that great. I'm not talking about only the last game, but 4 or 5.

Regarding Sancho, he seems like he's having a dip in form, like every young player his age has. Dortmund rely on him but it's worth noting that their other attackers haven't been as efficient as last season neither, the likes of Reus and Alcacer should be coming up with the goods when their younger players like Sancho, Brandt and Hazard aren't in good form.
Hopefully that's the reason. I remember last season they were beaten by Tottenham home and away, so seeing them continue the poor results had me curious.

We've definitely seen it happen before with Bundesliga exports but, as I said, I don't want to jump to conclusions. Seeing that Dortmund are currently 4th with 4 wins out of 8, your explanation could very well be it.

redshaw

I wouldn't expect him to rip up the PL like he's done over there last season but he'd still be a hugely talented player to have. Even tonight he shown very good ball control and movement but a lot of Dortmund's play broke down.

marktan

There's still a lot of rawness to his game. Under someone like Pep or Klopp he'd improve, there were a couple of times against Inter should've been rushing to join attacks but was only jogging.

Likewise though Inter has 8 men behind the ball, 9/10 times he passed the ball back. He should be looking to make one twos with the striker, with the full back, or taking on the opposition, with his dribbling ability it's what you'd rather see, stretch the play.

His natural technique though is phenomenal, with the right coaching and experience he'll go up a couple of levels. I'd expect him to have a similar, if not quicker trajectory to Sterling.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/#/yr/2020

Pretty good coefficient this season.

He'sRaldo

Interesting, thanks.

Although it does show that for the seasons where Sancho was in the Bundesliga, it was the worst of the top 4 Leagues. And that's keeping in mind Bayern which would account for a decent amount of the coefficient.

Starting from 17/18: https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/#/yr/2018

So unfortunately not really that assuring.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I want Sancho here because he seems like a very good English talent & whilst we don't need the whole squad to be British - to have the best British players at United is always a good standard.

However I do have a slight worry that he isn't an inverted forward type winger and more a traditional one. Whilst it's not a major deal at all - it has been sometimes easier to deal with right wingers on the right foot, say compared to a left footed players (something I feel we lack throughout the squad to provide an attacking symmetry).

I wonder if he has actually found his best position yet? Maybe he will stay as a right winger, or be a left inside forward or could he even be a false 9 CF? I hope he gets to do that at Dortmund before moving on a big deal - it would be the best for him included.

fps

Sancho has Chelsea or Man City, probably the latter, written through him. Man Utd in current state is unviable for him, the top players who go there become worse once they’re there.

BigLebowski007

He would never get enough playing time at City. At Chelsea maybe now with Lampard as manager. And I could see potential swap with Pulisic as he seems unsettled at the moment as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Interesting, thanks.

Although it does show that for the seasons where Sancho was in the Bundesliga, it was the worst of the top 4 Leagues. And that's keeping in mind Bayern which would account for a decent amount of the coefficient.

Starting from 17/18: https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/#/yr/2018

So unfortunately not really that assuring.
He's regularly played well against Bayern in those matches also, so that would show individually he does have the talent.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Doesn't really seem a player that fits into our 'style', rather into the 'profile'. (young, English, overpriced)

Have only seen maybe a dozen matches of his, but he plays like a City player imo - liked to keep the ball using great technique, continually recycle it and then occasionally pounce. From what I've seen his first instincts aren't direct at all, which is the opposite of what we appear to be building towards.

Not saying he can't do it, as he definitely has a superb touch and his passing is really good, but if he weren't English I'm not sure he'd be the type of player we'd be looking at.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
One signing we WONT be making any time soon. Time to move on and look elsewhere.
How can you have a name like SaintMuppet, yet not go full muppet for Sancho to United?

A true muppet doesn't care about how realistic a transfer may be.

Last edited:

RedWat

Sancho has Chelsea or Man City, probably the latter, written through him. Man Utd in current state is unviable for him, the top players who go there become worse once they’re there.
Not sure he would return back to City, going to current United would be detrimental to his progress. I can see Sancho being an eventual successor to either Salah/Mane at Liverpool as they will eventually need to update their forward line

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
How can you have a name like SaintMuppet, yet not go full muppet for Sancho to United?

:devil:

SaintMuppet

The user name does not come from anything to do with transfers, it’s far older from my youth. Sorry but I’m living squarely in reality :)

Seb burrow

Might have already touched on this. But with Liverpool’s proposed new money Nike deal. Apparently they could be in for Sancho as the marquee signing to launch their new era with Nikey.

Interesting times ahead...

Jibbs

Perfect 4 signings for United would be...

Erling Haaland
Jadon Sancho
Martin Ødegaard
James Maddison

Won't mind if Paul Pogba leaves then...

Charles Miller

Might have already touched on this. But with Liverpool’s proposed new money Nike deal. Apparently they could be in for Sancho as the marquee signing to launch their new era with Nikey.

Bad move for him. He would not play ahead of Salah or Mane.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Erling Haaland
Jadon Sancho
Martin Ødegaard
James Maddison

That would be the only way we can improve.

cyberman

Thats not how transfers work.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster

Wait how much is Liverpool's deal with Nike?!

Handré1990

Erling Haaland
Jadon Sancho
Martin Ødegaard
James Maddison

All good players, but I’d pick one of Ødegaard or Maddison. Very similar type of players, but Ødegaard is better of course.

Jibbs

All good players, but I’d pick one of Ødegaard or Maddison. Very similar type of players, but Ødegaard is better of course.
We can set up Martin Ødegaard and James Maddison like City does David Silva and De Bruyne, with one defensive midfielder. This is what I want to see in 20/21 United

Rashford Haaland Sancho
....Maddison Odegaard ....
...McT / Partey / Zakaria...

Handré1990

We can set up Martin Ødegaard and James Maddison like City does David Silva and De Bruyne, with one defensive midfielder. This is what I want to see in 20/21 United

Rashford Haaland Sancho
....Maddison Odegaard ....
...McT / Partey / Zakaria...
Nah, I get the idea, but De Bruyne is a physical specimen, while none of Ødegaard or Maddison are. Imo you need the whole package for that formation to work. Also, Maddison loses the ball a lot, like a lot a lot. Which none of Silva or De Bruyne do. That’s why I’d prefer Ødegaard.

It’s all academic anyway at this point:(

Status
Not open for further replies.