Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

If you look at the underlying stats Sancho is better than him in nearly every department and that's when Sancho is struggling. Sancho is a completely different level of talent but it's concerning that these grumblings about his attitude might threaten to undermine him.
Sample size must be tiny though

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Beckham isn't in our team anymore.
The discussion is about whether players that can only do basics well, can't be considered elite.

Edit: But yeh. I see your point. And who would say no to Sancho anyway :D

Last edited:

OohAahMartial

Yeah. Frank has done nothing except do a better job than Ole has at United. I'd rather Frank be a world cup winning coach than out perform but that's what happening. He appears to be a better manager with true potential.
Compare his first games for Chelsea, against Ole's first games for United. No comparison.

pascell

Chelsea are going to have a problem with Hudson Odoi soon if he doesn't become a regular first choice player. Its what made him stall on a new deal
I'm pretty sure he'll have been given assurances over playing time etc to persuade him to sign the new deal. Everyone can see the talent he has, Chelsea will play him enough to bring him along in his development.

Zoo

With James and Greenwood our need there isn’t as great. Midfield is much more important.

mav_9me

So who sits on the bench? Hudson Odoi?
So if you assume Tammay Abraham as the striker, that leaves Hudson-Odoi/Pulisic/Mount and Sancho for the other 3 attacking places. That would actually be great no?

mav_9me

With James and Greenwood our need there isn’t as great. Midfield is much more important.
I agree that James has performed admirably and to his great credit has helped fill the RW void a bit but a) he is only 1 player and b) is he first team level for a team that aspires to win titles (I am not so sure he is, maybe he will cont to improve, time will tell)

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
So if you assume Tammay Abraham as the striker, that leaves Hudson-Odoi/Pulisic/Mount and Sancho for the other 3 attacking places. That would actually be great no?
Barkley and Loftus-Cheek also.

I think its going to be Chelsea, Liverpool or us.

Mcking

For all this talk of Ole being a rookie, Frank is barely an embryo in comparison. Ole has managed for around a decade, won a league, numerous trophies as our reserve manager, and broke records for consecutive wins in his first season with us. Frank has done nothing.
I had a good laugh there. Probably sounded funnier than it was meant to be.

Mcking

We are still light in attack. We have Rashford, Martial, James and Greenwood for three positions. We should be looking to add more and better attackers.

RedDevilRoshi

Barkley and Loftus-Cheek also.

I think its going to be Chelsea, Liverpool or us.
He will only go to Liverpool if one of Salah, Firminio or Mane get sold.

I can’t see him going there to become a bench warmer. The exact reason why he left City was to go somewhere where he would play regular 1st team football.

United & Chelsea look the best bets to offer him that. At Liverpool, it won’t be guaranteed if that front 3 is still there.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'm very worried we'll do the usual and think we're sorted in certain areas of the pitch after a few good performances from some players. I still think James is better on the left, but I think Ole will stick with Rashford, James and Martial over buying the likes of Sancho or Haaland. Then we'll inevitably hit the rocks again. Same with Fred and McTominay in midfield.

MetoTTT

I'm very worried we'll do the usual and think we're sorted in certain areas of the pitch after a few good performances from some players. I still think James is better on the left, but I think Ole will stick with Rashford, James and Martial over buying the likes of Sancho or Haaland. Then we'll inevitably hit the rocks again. Same with Fred and McTominay in midfield.
I agree. The usual "I'm happy with the squad" bs is coming and that's perfect for the Glazers.
I have the feeling OGS feels so grateful to be United's coach that he would be willing to do anything to please the Glazers even at the expense of what he thinks and would be willing to continue with these players.

Zoo

Greenwood isnt a winger
No but he’s going to be introduced to senior football as a wing forward and brings different qualities to James there which is a good thing.

I guess we’ll see next summer whether Sancho should be a priority.

Macedonian Red

Greenwood also is not a RW
Agree but I dont expect to sign 2 Rw's and with new striker in, Greenwood will be 3rd choice(maybe 4th if we count on Rashy at 9. Greenwood and James probably will get minutes at Rw, this is why I mention him at Rw.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Agree but I dont expect to sign 2 Rw's and with new striker in, Greenwood will be 3rd choice(maybe 4th if we count on Rashy at 9. Greenwood and James probably will get minutes at Rw, this is why I mention him at Rw.
I was speaking more to the point that we dont need to invest in a RW because we have James and Greenwood.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I agree. The usual "I'm happy with the squad" bs is coming and that's perfect for the Glazers.
I have the feeling OGS feels so grateful to be United's coach that he would be willing to do anything to please the Glazers even at the expense of what he thinks and would be willing to continue with these players.
:lol: but.. why?

BlueHaze

I honestly think we could sign him in january if we gave Dortmund an acceptable offer. Wether Sancho would want to come is an entire different story and maybe he doesn't but just saying, I don't see why Dortmund wouldn't let him go if big money was offered.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
No. The benefit of James is he can play left or right reasonably well. Ole is not a fool and understands the benefits of having multi dimensional players.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I was speaking more to the point that we dont need to invest in a RW because we have James and Greenwood.
I wouldn't like to see Greenwood shoehorned into RW, he is far better down/up the middle.

Suvvernmanc

I wouldn't like to see Greenwood shoehorned into RW, he is far better down/up the middle.
Me neither. Alot of young #9s have been deployed on the wings to learn the role of 'coming inside' from wide positions. Tierry Henry springs to mind.

Greenwood will be a good player for us and with his main attributes being his finishing, he will inevitably play thought the middle eventually. Theres no 'shoehorning' going on here.

Judas

Open to offers
Mad to think people are suddenly satisfied with our RW. Football is a squad game, we need to improve it further, and Sancho is better than James anyway. Greenwood can do a job out wide, but its not his best position either.

Cantonagotmehere

Mad to think people are suddenly satisfied with our RW. Football is a squad game, we need to improve it further, and Sancho is better than James anyway. Greenwood can do a job out wide, but its not his best position either.
Agreed. We need a lot more competition along with quality up front.

Crustanoid

The cnuts will not invest in the squad or future of the team and will be happy to exist on the bare bones. That is our owners in a nutshell

DBT85

Howson is pretty adamant from sources he claims are very nearly the horses mouth that the only reason this didn't happen in the summer was the amount dortmund wanted and that he was ready to sign.

Will be interesting to see where he goes.

SweetRightFoot

Howson is pretty adamant from sources he claims are very nearly the horses mouth that the only reason this didn't happen in the summer was the amount dortmund wanted and that he was ready to sign.

Somehow this makes me even more angry??

Infra-red

Liverpool and City surely the most likely destinations.

Player decided he wasn't keen on moving to us last summer when our season fell apart and Champions League football disappeared with it. Very difficult to see us getting back into the CL for next season, which probably wrecks our chances of signing the player, unless he has a very poor season.

Scholsey2004

Me neither. Alot of young #9s have been deployed on the wings to learn the role of 'coming inside' from wide positions. Tierry Henry springs to mind.

Greenwood will be a good player for us and with his main attributes being his finishing, he will inevitably play thought the middle eventually. Theres no 'shoehorning' going on here.
I'd agree with this. Some games up top perhaps but at this stage he's back up for Dan James in my book.

theklr

Seems his head isnt exactly where it should be atm, might be a warning sign.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Yeah he's said that a few times and I'm not sure I believe him. Dortmund have always said he wasn't for sale this past summer and have been pretty open that he essentially will be this

If Howson is right and we could of bought him but didn't want to pay the fee then we can probably forget about ever signing him tbh

enwhykiid

Liverpool and City surely the most likely destinations.

Player decided he wasn't keen on moving to us last summer when our season fell apart and Champions League football disappeared with it. Very difficult to see us getting back into the CL for next season, which probably wrecks our chances of signing the player, unless he has a very poor season.
If anyone other than us, it's surely chelsea. I can't see pool or city spending the amount it would take to sign him, it's not their way

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.