Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
we've actually got a decent right winger now for the first time in forever

those who expect us to sign Sancho for £100m as well are living in cloud cuckoo land
OK great, so we've got a good front 4.

What happens when 1 of those get injured? we're back to playing Pereira, Mata or Greenwood out wide. That isn't good enough to get back to the top 4 or even challenge for the title.

The front 4 lads need rest also, having Sancho isn't going to limit any of their time, they'll all play 40+ games a season.

Tarrou

OK great, so we've got a good front 4.

What happens when 1 of those get injured? we're back to playing Pereira, Mata or Greenwood out wide. That isn't good enough to get back to the top 4 or even challenge for the title.

The front 4 lads need rest also, having Sancho isn't going to limit any of their time, they'll all play 40+ games a season.
I agree. I think we should get Sancho, and preferably another striker too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I agree. I think we should get Sancho, and preferably another striker too.
Sancho + Haaland and we're really going places.

Add another CM workhorse like Soumare and an attacking midfielder like Maddison/Fernandes, everything looks much better.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not getting my hopes up.... but would love it

Hoof the ball

Ok, we can offer a lot of money. That is a consideration, however, I don't buy the argument (especially rose tinted ones from fellow United fans) that the "famed" no.7 shirt would be a draw for Sancho. That's an argument from romance and nostalgic tradition. Why should a kid born in 2000, not old enough to remember Cantona, nor Beckham, in a no.7 United shirt, and arguably still too young to remember much of Ronaldo in a no.7 shirt either, be enticed by the prospect of the famous no.7? By the time Sancho is old enough, the no.7 shirt is a matter of trivia and is held by Valencia, Michael Owen, etc.

Money? yes.
Potential CL? of course (IF we look like making it).
No.7 tradition? not buying it.

dev1l

If I m not wrong City have first right of refusal on Sancho. Even if they don't need him (which is not the case) I can see them hiking up the price for us
Also, if due to Brexit , restrictions are imposed on non British homegrown players, City will need to increase their quota of British homegrown players

Last edited:

Affirmation

:lol: This chancer now has people paying for subscriptions to see his 'news'? Mental.
I know :lol:

I'm not sure what he has to say though I wouldn't take him to serious but it is known he apparently gets information from someone at the club, to what level they are at though is another matter. I assume this post has something to do with where Jadon Sancho is looking to Transfer to. I have heard a lot of chatter that he is for sure looking to move clubs in January and some are claiming we have a deal in place.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I know :lol:

I'm not sure what he has to say though I wouldn't take him to serious but it is known he apparently gets information from someone at the club, to what level they are at though is another matter. I assume this post has something to do with where Jadon Sancho is looking to Transfer to. I have heard a lot of chatter that he is for sure looking to move clubs in January and some are claiming we have a deal in place.
What's it saying?

Bwuk

He apparently had something on there about Gomes too.

Beginning to think Sancho in January might happen.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Scored another today for what it’s worth, as he does.

PoTMS

Need to break the bank for him. But muppetry aside, if you think clearly for a second and hark back to Woody's last 13 windows in charge, you should know there is no way this is ever happening - definitely not in January anyway.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Need to break the bank for him. But muppetry aside, if you think clearly for a second and hark back to Woody's last 13 windows in charge, you should know there is no way this is ever happening - definitely not in January anyway.
It's Woody's love for a fancy galatico signing that gives me belief he'll get this done. Sancho is the most obvious United signed ever not just under the new regime but during Fergies time as well

prateik

People pay for posts from these "ITKs" ?

We are interested..
Sancho open to move
Others interested.
Likely to move in Jan.. might stay till the summer.
Dortmund wont sell for cheap.

made all that up.. now pay me some monies.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
I don’t see how he is moving January. It’s too big of deal to happen in January and Dortmund wil want a bidding war which can happen in the summer

Toad

Not sure if 100m would be worth it. But then when I picture these front 4 running havoc for the next 10 years
Rashford
Greenwood
James
Sancho

I think feck it and let's just pay it!
You forgot young Lingard.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Presumably play. They’re not far off the top of the league either, selling him in January seems crazy.
Well basically, they need him to play football for them, because he’s a footballer. They very likely will not come close to winning the CL.

Tbh, I’m not having a dig at you, it’s a common view, I just question the sentiment of it.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Nah, we're £40m up on player sales this season (having not bought in the summer) plus CL proceeds and everything else. We got the dough to buy if Klopp wants to make a move, without having to sell.

But he's a Londoner, Chelsea fan, family and friends are there and they seem pretty desperate for him. Dunno why with Pulisic, CHO and Willian already on the books. Would have thought they'd be better off buying a CF or some defenders
Willian and Pedro's contracts are both up in a few months so we'll need more than just Pulisic and CHO.

Dunkelheit

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Sancho won't transfer during winter, Dortmund would be absolutely dumb to sell him. Why would they? They can lean back, let him play an extraordinary Championship in summer and let the bids roll in, have his strength till summer, which will help to secure CL qualification and hopefully lead to some great games in CL.

The only scenario I could possibly imagine is that someone pays an outrageous amount of money now and they will lend Sancho to BVB till summer, following the BVB-Chelsea model with Pulisic.

Actually, the more I think about it, I should hide all this info behind a paywall, too. :cool:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Adrian Kajumba provided some details regarding the clause City have in the contract and it looks an absolutely pointless clause IMO. Below is the excerpt from the piece by Kajumba in the Daily Mail.

City don't, though, have any clause inserted in the deal they struck to sell Sancho that would give them an advantage in the race to sign him.

Dortmund only have to inform City if they accept an offer for Sancho giving them the chance to match the successful bid.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Adrian Kajumba provided some details regarding the clause City have in the contract and it looks an absolutely pointless clause IMO. Below is the excerpt from the piece by Kajumba in the Daily Mail.

City don't, though, have any clause inserted in the deal they struck to sell Sancho that would give them an advantage in the race to sign him.

Dortmund only have to inform City if they accept an offer for Sancho giving them the chance to match the successful bid.
Fair enough but it's confirmed that they are still in the race which makes things a lot more difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.