Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

PyroMan

Jadon Sancho will go to Chelsea or City. City have a major issue with homegrown quota right now and if/when Sane leaves, Sancho will be the easy replacement (considering they will be getting upwards of 50m for Sane).

ManRed

The whole saga reminds me of Hazard. I am not getting my hopes up and see how it unfolds.

VJ1762

These days it appears rare that City beat United in a race to sign anyone (Sanchez, Fred, Maguire). Almost like United have made it a thing to piss City off.
Think I read somwhere that City don't want to be seen as a 'spending' club. Ironic, when you think about how they bought their way to success.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
These days it appears rare that City beat United in a race to sign anyone (Sanchez, Fred, Maguire). Almost like United have made it a thing to piss City off.
Or almost as if United are a bigger club than City, and only United fans seem to be the ones assuming every player prefers them to us.

jackal&hyde

Or almost as if United are a bigger club than City, and only United fans seem to be the ones assuming every player prefers them to us.
This. Some of our fans seem to have lost sight of how big this club is and how atractive it is to most footballers.

Le Red

At the top level I believe they do. At the top level clubs are either winning trophies or they are failures unless the project is exceptional and led by good managers and ownership. Man City and Liverpool fitted that bill. Do the Glazers and a former Cardiff manager? I don't think so.

We only have to look at Barcelona and Real Madrid as an example to show us hardly any top players move to any teams outside of trophy winning clubs. Even Griezmann used Atletico as a stepping stone to Barcelona. We can be sure Felix will too. Top players there clearly haven't given a damn about 'projects' at clubs that don't win major trophies. We can't even attract Minamono. We haven't even they smarts to find out whether he has a release clause.
You just said what I said. The main problem lies in our unconvincing project.

MDFC Manager

Definitely need him. Wonder if we need another winger in addition to him as well. Because we get nothing offensively from both fullbacks, we need at least 3 good wingers.

LVGSdive

Think I read somwhere that City don't want to be seen as a 'spending' club. Ironic, when you think about how they bought their way to success.
Everyone buys success now. This isn't the NFL with a salary cap. It's usually the case of the club that spends the most money wins. Evidenced by the studies that have shown the correlation between; wage bill and league position.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Definitely need him. Wonder if we need another winger in addition to him as well. Because we get nothing offensively from both fullbacks, we need at least 3 good wingers.
Why not just get another full back rather than getting an extra winger because ‘we get nothing offensively from both fullbacks?’

Warlord

Supports
Liverpool
Everyone buys success now. This isn't the NFL with a salary cap. It's usually the case of the club that spends the most money wins. Evidenced by the studies that have shown the correlation between; wage bill and league position.
:nono: We have spent net 100 million in 5 years. So much for buying our way to success. It's sweeter this way....

He'sRaldo

Another Assist
Interesting how there are 5 players in the box looking for a goal there, leading to a 5v6 situation. If he comes here it'll be Rashford and Martial at most, with everyone else stood outside the area.

Things like that make me wonder if he'll be able to maintain his stats if he does come here. The fact that he does it for England gives hope, but of course it's not a sure thing.

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Interesting how there are 5 players in the box looking for a goal there, leading to a 5v6 situation. If he comes here it'll be Rashford and Martial at most, with everyone else stood outside the area.

Things like that make me wonder if he'll be able to maintain his stats if he does come here. The fact that he does it for England gives hope, but of course it's not a sure thing.
Well, the 2nd video there is only 1 player in the box which, leading to a 1 vs 4 situation. I agree that we didn't put enough players in the box sometime, but it's not always the case.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
7 games in a row now. One of the best forward players in the game at the moment.

LVGSdive

:nono: We have spent net 100 million in 5 years. So much for buying our way to success. It's sweeter this way....
Firstly, the studies are based on wage bill, not on net spend. English language comprehension.

Secondly, look around the top leagues in Europe. The league positions are (mostly) based on the highest wage bill to the lowest. Which is why the same clubs win the league practically every season; Juventus, Bayern Munich, Celtic, then 2 way battles between Real Madrid and Barcelona or Porto and Benfica etc...

Godfather

One of the monst infuriating things of our attacks. Noone joining them. Starting from our fullbacks

theklr

Fjørtoft on Sancho:

«Sancho has been told he MUST stay till summer at least. So NO January- move possible.

I understand Liverpool still on, but gone a bit colder after Dortmund has been let it known that they want 127 million pounds for the player»

Take it as you want, but sounds logical for the most part.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You might have a lower net spend but you still spent over £400m, flogging players like Coutinho for £140m helps balance the books but it doesn’t mean then that Van Dijk and Alisson cost £0. Liverpool spent as heavily as everyone else to get where they were.

Warlord

Supports
Liverpool
You might have a lower net spend but you still spent over £400m, flogging players like Coutinho for £140m helps balance the books but it doesn’t mean then that Van Dijk and Alisson cost £0. Liverpool spent as heavily as everyone else to get where they were.
Net spend is the common value used to determine team investment. We sold Cou for 150 million and bought Alisson and VVD.

Ace

I was in full support of the pursuit of Sancho at the start of the season, but I now am of the opinion that our attacking wide options are pretty strong compared to other positions where we are lacking in both depth and quality. That said, I'd still welcome the sight of him lining up at Old Trafford, but surely wide forwards are the area of least concern in this team.

Alabaster Codify7

Probably not, because we are not a particularly well coached attacking side.

reddevilchennai

I was in full support of the pursuit of Sancho at the start of the season, but I now am of the opinion that our attacking wide options are pretty strong compared to other positions where we are lacking in both depth and quality. That said, I'd still welcome the sight of him lining up at Old Trafford, but surely wide forwards are the area of least concern in this team.
Talents like Sancho comes once in a while. If we can't sign at the 2020 Winter or Summer window, other clubs will pounce at him.
Imagine him in our team, RW problem solved for years to come. AWB & Sancho will be absolutely dominating right side channel of ours.

He'sRaldo

Probably not, because we are not a particularly well coached attacking side.
Who knows. I think we've clearly improved from Mourinho's coaching, but whether we've improved enough is another matter. At least our players seem to be improving individually (finally) so he wouldn't stagnate if he comes here.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You have to think ahead with a player like him. He’s not a supporting cast type of player, he’s a player who will define a team. He’s a must get if we can .

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
7 games in a row now. One of the best forward players in the game at the moment.
Which is why I don't understand people who don't want him signed due to James. There's several miles between the two.

Jonno

Net spend is the common value used to determine team investment. We sold Cou for 150 million and bought Alisson and VVD.
Net spend is only a common value to use when it suits the person in the argument.

Klopp was fortunate enough to inherit an asset as valuable as Coutinho, but didn't want him in his team, so he flogged him and spent big money in other areas. Teams like Norwich would LOVE to be able to sell Coutinho for £140m and re-invest it all over the pitch, but they aren't fortunate enough.

Therefore Liverpool have spent big to get to where they are and fans that argue they didn't are in denial.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Which is why I don't understand people who don't want him signed due to James. There's several miles between the two.
In general, the construction of a team isn’t linear either, as everything is subject to availability. If the centrepiece becomes available before the goalkeeper you want, then so be it.

Stacks

Net spend is only a common value to use when it suits the person in the argument.

Klopp was fortunate enough to inherit an asset as valuable as Coutinho, but didn't want him in his team, so he flogged him and spent big money in other areas. Teams like Norwich would LOVE to be able to sell Coutinho for £140m and re-invest it all over the pitch, but they aren't fortunate enough.

Therefore Liverpool have spent big to get to where they are and fans that argue they didn't are in denial.
Coutinho was their best player. This argument is weird. He sold their most talented player. Other teams would Not get away with that. Imagine Barcelona sold Iniesta in 2015

Jonno

Coutinho was their best player. This argument is weird. He sold their most talented player. Other teams would Not get away with that. Imagine Barcelona sold Iniesta in 2015
Thats like Cantona retiring and then United winning the treble. Whats your point?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Firstly, the studies are based on wage bill, not on net spend. English language comprehension.

Secondly, look around the top leagues in Europe. The league positions are (mostly) based on the highest wage bill to the lowest. Which is why the same clubs win the league practically every season; Juventus, Bayern Munich, Celtic, then 2 way battles between Real Madrid and Barcelona or Porto and Benfica etc...
You’ve got that arse about face.

The best clubs attract the best players. The best players demand the highest wages. So the top clubs will always have the highest wages.

But offering higher wages would have zero impact on league position. You can’t just pay players more in order to move up the league. A high wage bill is a bi-product. Obvious correlation but not an indicator.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Coutinho was their most talented player but he wasn’t their most valuable. He remains more talented than everyone at the club, but he wasn’t essential to their team.

Martial is arguably our most talented player, but he’s not essential to our success. De Gea, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka, Pogba are.

Consistency and fit will always trump talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.