Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

3KDré

Reiss Nelson from Arsenal is reported to be his childhood friend, maybe he'll go to arsenal to chill with his boy?
That’s my point, he’s not going to choose where to go based on where his buddies are. He’s clearly an ambitious guy, considering it was him that set this trend of young English players going to Germany to get more game time.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That’s my point, he’s not going to choose where to go based on where his buddies are. He’s clearly an ambitious guy, considering it was him that set this trend of young English players going to Germany to get more game time.
Exactly.

It's gonna be between United and possibly the big two in Spain imo. And I have a strong suspicion we will get him. I don't see the the two Spanish clubs paying the amount we would for Sancho. I think we'll overpay on this potential transfer. The total outlay financially will seems astronomical to many.

beingshe7don

Exactly.

It's gonna be between United and possibly the big two in Spain imo. And I have a strong suspicion we will get him. I don't see the the two Spanish clubs paying the amount we would for Sancho. I think we'll overpay on this potential transfer. The total outlay financially will seems astronomical to many.
I see Chelsea entering the equation as well. They are looking for a Hazard kinda signing and doesn't get any better than Sancho whose young, proven at the highest level and more importantly is a Chelsea fan.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I see Chelsea entering the equation as well. They are looking for a Hazard kinda signing and doesn't get any better than Sancho whose young, proven at the highest level and more importantly is a Chelsea fan.
This is why it’s vital we get 4th and they don’t. I think that could swing it, between us two clubs anyway. He might still go elsewhere.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't think Sancho would want to play for Lampard in the Europa League. I also believe we're gonna price Chelsea out of this deal.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I don't think Sancho would want to play for Lampard in the Europa League. I also believe we're gonna price Chelsea out of this deal.
Whose to say we will be in the Europa league? I dont think Sancho would mind playing for one of his idols

MetoTTT

I don't think he would want to play for OGS in the EL either. Chelsea are playing some really pleasant football. What can we offer more than Chelsea to attract him (if it's between us ans the Blues)?

Jacob

I don't think he would want to play for OGS in the EL either. Chelsea are playing some really pleasant football. What can we offer more than Chelsea to attract him (if it's between us ans the Blues)?
Youth. Courage. Success.

All joking aside, a massive wage and a key role in a team that aspires to get back to the top. Chelsea only really have London as their draw relative to us.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
What can we offer more than Chelsea to attract him (if it's between us ans the Blues)?
Money.

If he is going to a club based on the style of football that would possible rule Chelsea out too, it’s not like they are that much better than us.

Brightonian

I reckon our attractions and Chelsea's are pretty equal at the moment. Whoever gets into the CL has landed the key punch.

Before one of the European giants nips in and casually scoops him up anyway, that is.

Sherry33

Youth. Courage. Success.

All joking aside, a massive wage and a key role in a team that aspires to get back to the top. Chelsea only really have London as their draw relative to us.
Yeah and I'm sure Chelsea can't offer a massive wage with Pedro, WIllian and Hazard already off the wage bill and a key role to get back to the top, some of the most hilarious comments ever :lol:

MetoTTT

Youth. Courage. Success.

I hope you're right but do we really look like a "team that aspires to get back to the top"?
There is incompetence at all levels in this club.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Sancho wouldn't mind playing for the biggest club in Britain either.
Or playing for the team he supports....under his idol, on big wages, in London, where he is from and all his family are. I mean I don't wana make out that they are what he will base his next move on but they'll be pretty high up his list

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think Solkskjaer has a very good chance of finishing above Lampard.

We can offer him a much bigger stage than Chelsea.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Or playing for the team he supports....under his idol, on big wages, in London, where he is from and all his family are. I mean I don't wana make out that they are what he will base his next move on but they'll be pretty high up his list
At 14 years old he moved to Manchester when he could've quite easily stayed in London and had his pick of clubs. He did that with the blessing of his family.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
It's all irrelevant right now anyway because he isn't going anywhere in January

Sky12

Supports
Chelsea
Text Speak
Sancho wouldn't mind playing for the biggest club in Britain either.
Its amazing that because of the fact that some people support successful clubs, they start to believe that they are superior beings. U do know that there is no qualifications required to become united fan dont you. Pretty much anyone can become a United fan if the so choose, so u are not spacial

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Its amazing that because of the fact that some people support successful clubs, they start to believe that they are superior beings. U do know that there is no qualifications required to become united fan dont you. Pretty much anyone can become a United fan if the so choose, so u are not spacial
And what has this got to do with what I said? Did I say, 'I was special'?

R'hllor

You know things are fecked when wages are the only things you can wave it, also what happened with players showing some real desire to play for certain club, ready even to drop X% of wages just to be there or similar, not sure i would like opposite type in the club.

On other side, wouldnt put much faith into EW vs anyone in open battle on same playing field.

redshaw

A lot can happen in 6 months. He could light up the CL or get subbed after 30 mins in an early exit. Perhaps no big bids come in from Spain and his relationship improves with Dortmund so stays another year, with United and Chelsea still looking out of sorts, Ole possibly gone and Leicester and Spurs holding on in top 4.

Right now I'd say we're the worst bet to be in a position to sign him. Seems a tad delusional to see this thread always up. I'd let it simmer down until the end of the season.

We might have to get top 4 a few times in a row to prove we're back as a club to attract some players. If we scrape it this season who is confident of the next, we're looking at 2/3 times in top 4 in 7 years. Chelsea beat that easily and have shown to always bounce back and be up there, they're run much better.

beingshe7don

What makes you so sure that Chelsea will miss on CL and we won't? We've strung together some results but with the transfer ban lifted, Chelsea will enter the market in Jan to strengthen themselves to make sure they make that 4th spot theirs. United performances have been unpredictable. No one knows what sort of performance the team will put up in front of any opposition. Also, if Chelsea make 4th spot and we win the Europa league, we would have both qualified for CL. And judging by how shitty/ inept our board is with finalizing transfers, I don't think we can guarantee Sancho.

We took over a month to finalize Wan Bassaka and Maguire transfers when we were pretty much the only club interested in both deals. I have no faith in Ed or the board when it comes to wrapping up transfers. I hope you can sense my apprehension considering the club has disappointed me and a number of fans over and over again.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What makes you so sure that Chelsea will miss on CL and we won't? We've strung together some results but with the transfer ban lifted, Chelsea will enter the market in Jan to strengthen themselves to make sure they make that 4th spot theirs. United performances have been unpredictable. No one knows what sort of performance the team will put up in front of any opposition. Also, if Chelsea make 4th spot and we win the Europa league, we would have both qualified for CL. And judging by how shitty/ inept our board is with finalizing transfers, I don't think we can guarantee Sancho.

We took over a month to finalize Wan Bassaka and Maguire transfers when we were pretty much the only club interested in both deals. I have no faith in Ed or the board when it comes to wrapping up transfers. I hope you can sense my apprehension considering the club has disappointed me and a number of fans over and over again.
Our defense and forward line is better than Chelsea's. The only question mark being the midfield, and I believe a fully fit Pogba gives us a significant boost in that department.

-Supreme-

I'm not sure if Sancho is what we need for our right forward position.

He looked far more comfortable on the left, with him being right footed this makes it even harder for him to succeed especially against the PL defenders.

Eric's Seagull

You know things are fecked when wages are the only things you can wave it, also what happened with players showing some real desire to play for certain club, ready even to drop X% of wages just to be there or similar, not sure i would like opposite type in the club.

On other side, wouldnt put much faith into EW vs anyone in open battle on same playing field.
I would like players who have the desire to come here not for just wages and would be willing to give their last drop of sweat just to step out on the field wearing the United shirt.

Offering a very high wage is not the only thing we have to offer. We can offer him the chance to come here and contribute significantly to getting us back to the top and having the chance of possibly becoming a legend in the process.

Sp00ks11

144 pages.. god I hope this thread isn’t full of people genuinely expecting Sancho to be a realistic signing for us?

zenith

I hope we have some alternative prospect in place. Can't rely on signing sancho while facing so much competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.