Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
The negotiation between Dortmund and Liverpool somehow already has started... Dortmund clearly wants 150 Million €, and it looks like how well Sancho is doing right now, this will be the sum at least. This guy is only 19, showing effortful offensive skills and has already stats that are something else.
Liverpool saying something like "oh we have to look if we can afford this" is the first step of negotations and tactics going on. Of course they can afford him.
Real Madrid is always a candidate for steping in even at a late point in the progress, and Perez got Watzkes number when you know what i mean.
But i got a feeling that the better and less chaotic concept of Liverpool (combined with being a massive powerhouse in his home-country and he fact that you can rely on that Klopp will be there very long) in comparison to Real Madrid will give them the lead. Sancho and his family is clever. Something he seem to share with Haaland. These guys don't only follow the money or the shiny things, these dudes look after well run clubs with a concept for the future, that can provide some great attacking football.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
However way you look at , Sancho is a downgrade for Liverpool. He could be better than Salah or Mane tomorrow but they both are miles better now.

If the price is 150m, no one would touch him and that includes us as well. May be PSG but that's about it.

NoLogo

However way you look at , Sancho is a downgrade for Liverpool. He could be better than Salah or Mane tomorrow but they both are miles better now.

If the price is 150m, no one would touch him and that includes us as well. May be PSG but that's about it.
Here is the thing though. At the moment Liverpool has to play Mané and Salah every game because they don't have someone on a similar level. Sancho could provide exactly that. He can play on the right and the left and could be a rotation option for Salah and Mané and thus offer some relief in the area. The thing is I just don't see Liverpool pay 150M € for a player.

Baneofthegame

Here is the thing though. At the moment Liverpool has to play Mané and Salah every game because they don't have someone on a similar level. Sancho could provide exactly that. He can play on the right and the left and could be a rotation option for Salah and Mané and thus offer some relief in the area. The thing is I just don't see Liverpool pay 150M € for a player.
€150 million for a rotation player? Surely wherever he goes he will be starting.

bond19821982

150m for a rotation option and Sancho accepting a second fiddle role- Liverpool fans can do that in fifa career mode and that's about it.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
I wouldn't rule out Barcelona, they need to fresh up their aging squad and shiny flashy player would do well for their Presidents chance of re election.

Bondi77

Liverpool can have him for that price.
I look forward to seeing him in the Euros because going by his stats at club level he should be one of the stars and help us win our first trophy in a a very long time.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Liverpool would do well to sell Salah for anything north of €80m and get Sancho for €120m+.
He’d work instantly in the same role but perhaps be more of an all round player than Salah. I also think that maybe we’ve seen the peak of Salah in this side.

beingshe7don

Liverpool would do well to sell Salah for anything north of €80m and get Sancho for €120m+.
He’d work instantly in the same role but perhaps be more of an all round player than Salah. I also think that maybe we’ve seen the peak of Salah in this side.
Klopp likes to use inverted wingers. Sancho would be good but his contribution in terms of goals wouldn't match that of Salah. I think Dybala would suit their system a lot better and would be a cheaper than Sancho.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Klopp likes to use inverted wingers. Sancho would be good but his contribution in terms of goals wouldn't match that of Salah. I think Dybala would suit their system a lot better and would be a cheaper than Sancho.
This is why I only see them going for Sancho if Mane goes. I think it would nullify their attack a level if they didn't have inverted forwards especially when playing a false 9 like firmino.

beingshe7don

One way to get Sancho would be to include Martial in the deal. Martial is probably worth 65m in today's market. 55m + Martial wouldn't be a bad deal for Dortmund. The problem will be trying to convince Sancho to come to United. O Dembele has been having issues with injuries lately. If only we can resurrect his career, I think 70m could be worth a punt as Barca seem to be frustrated by him. Sancho and Dembele can play on either wing.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
One way to get Sancho would be to include Martial in the deal. Martial is probably worth 65m in today's market. 55m + Martial wouldn't be a bad deal for Dortmund. The problem will be trying to convince Sancho to come to United. O Dembele has been having issues with injuries lately. If only we can resurrect his career, I think 70m could be worth a punt as Barca seem to be frustrated by him. Sancho and Dembele can play on either wing.
Not to mention convincing Martial to go to Dortmund.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think putting all our eggs in this basket as we stutter around in the market and the league is more stupidity from the club. It’s completely blinkered. He’s not going to come here until we’ve sorted pogbas future and we look like we’ve turned some kind of corner and I feel we really need a RW, any good RW to give the team proper balance so we can challenge and appeal to players like sancho and show we aren’t blind to the current limitations of our squad. I really do hope if we can keep PP and get some proper competition in the centre, up front and on the RW then we will have a scary enough team who could beat anyone on our day and be able to ride our injuries to good players and still pick up plenty of points. Most of all we are still lacking creativity to break down teams who want to defend and counter at Old Trafford. We also don’t have enough to really punish teams away from home where the fear factor currently isn’t there anymore and they really want to get at us.

Bondi77

Worth a punt at 70mil?
Have we been taken over by the Saudi's and I have missed it?

bond19821982

And who exactly would buy Salah for 80+ ?

the chameleon

With our limited budgets we can't be going for players like Sancho. I just don't see it.

If we were to spend £150m, I would prefer spreading it on 3-4 players.

- My big punt would be to add another 10. Grealish would be top of my list. I think we could get him for £80m.
- Another center back to upgrade on Lindelof (my first choice would be Konate - he would be a cheaper but potentially better option than Koulibaly).
- A Sancho alternative. A cheaper option would be Tsyhankov.
- If there is extra cash. I would prefer we went all out on another striker. I think Luka Jovic at Madrid would be a risky but useful purchase. He would be cheaper and would be a sensible punt. I think he's not been used properly at Madrid and is young enough to recover.

There you have it, 4 players for the price of Sancho.

beingshe7don

Worth a punt at 70mil?
Have we been taken over by the Saudi's and I have missed it?
The guy has tremendous potential. He's as talented as Mbappe and has his issues with injuries but whenever he's played for Barca, he's been good in most of the games. He plays his best football on the RW which is occupied by Messi. 70m is definitely a lot of money but the risk to reward is pretty high. Klopp wanted him at Liverpool says a lot and he's only 22..... Barca will be willing to part with him.... Now before you say why would we want a Barca reject? Ibrahimovic, Coutinho, Yaya Toure were all Barca rejects to name a few but did well when they left Barca. We don't need Saudi money to buy him. We've so many deadwood players that could be sold.... The sale of Pereira, Lingard, Matic, Jones could definitely get you 70m

Bondi77

The guy has tremendous potential. He's as talented as Mbappe and has his issues with injuries but whenever he's played for Barca, he's been good in most of the games. He plays his best football on the RW which is occupied by Messi. 70m is definitely a lot of money but the risk to reward is pretty high. Klopp wanted him at Liverpool says a lot and he's only 22..... Barca will be willing to part with him.... Now before you say why would we want a Barca reject? Ibrahimovic, Coutinho, Yaya Toure were all Barca rejects to name a few but did well when they left Barca. We don't need Saudi money to buy him. We've so many deadwood players that could be sold.... The sale of Pereira, Lingard, Matic, Jones could definitely get you 70m
I would never knock back a player that played for Barcelona because they must be good but two things I would have to take into consideration would be age and injury history and his has not been good.
Just as a matter of interest; What are your individual valuations on those four mentioned players that you get to 70mil?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
And who exactly would buy Salah for 80+ ?
Madrid, Barca, PSG, I reckon even us if he was playing for someone else. Barca paid 140m for Coutinho and 150m for Dembele, they’d jump at the chance to sign a better player in Salah for nearly half that.

That’s the going rate for that bracket of player now. Even in their late 20s with their contract running down ala Hazard. 80m doesn’t even buy you the best centre back in England anymore.

Caesar2290

I wouldn't rule out Barcelona, they need to fresh up their aging squad and shiny flashy player would do well for their Presidents chance of re election.
I doubt it. They've already overspent in the past couple of seasons so they need to cut their wages as well as sell players or they're going to be in financial trouble, and I'm not referring to FFP.

The problem isn't the 70m, but our medical department. We can't even keep our healthy players fit, but imagine going for an inconsistent 22 year old with a bad fitness record. Too many red flags in this for me.

bond19821982

Madrid, Barca, PSG, I reckon even us if he was playing for someone else. Barca paid 140m for Coutinho and 150m for Dembele, they’d jump at the chance to sign a better player in Salah for nearly half that.

That’s the going rate for that bracket of player now. Even in their late 20s with their contract running down ala Hazard. 80m doesn’t even buy you the best centre back in England anymore.
Jesus, even id buy Salah for 80m euro.
Are you saying they won’t get that in todays market?
Sorry, I was not arguing about the price . He is 28 next year and the big clubs who actually has the money wouldnt need him.
City,PSG, RM, Barca - they dont need him at all.
Even if we argue Real 's case, they would spend money for Pogba first than Salah.

LVGSdive

With our limited budgets we can't be going for players like Sancho. I just don't see it.

If we were to spend £150m, I would prefer spreading it on 3-4 players.

- My big punt would be to add another 10. Grealish would be top of my list. I think we could get him for £80m.
- Another center back to upgrade on Lindelof (my first choice would be Konate - he would be a cheaper but potentially better option than Koulibaly).
- A Sancho alternative. A cheaper option would be Tsyhankov.
- If there is extra cash. I would prefer we went all out on another striker. I think Luka Jovic at Madrid would be a risky but useful purchase. He would be cheaper and would be a sensible punt. I think he's not been used properly at Madrid and is young enough to recover.

There you have it, 4 players for the price of Sancho.
According to Bleacher Report Grealish has a release clause of 45M.

beingshe7don

The problem isn't the 70m, but our medical department. We can't even keep our healthy players fit, but imagine going for an inconsistent 22 year old with a bad fitness record. Too many red flags in this for me.
I understand your concern and the reason behind all our injuries has to be attributed to the medical team as well as Ole and the coaching staff. Injuries to Rashford has been due to mismanagement. And before anyone tells me that what else Ole could have done with the shortage of strikers, then my response would be that it was his mismanagement to go in with a depleted squad this season. It's a huge risk to get Dembele but if he clicked, the guy has a huge ceiling. We lack directness in our attacking play. All our attacks come from the center and our wings don't create as many chances or assists as it should and I think O Dembele has what it takes. I mean we don't need to buy him. Getting him on loan with an option to buy would also be a great deal.

beingshe7don

I would never knock back a player that played for Barcelona because they must be good but two things I would have to take into consideration would be age and injury history and his has not been good.
Just as a matter of interest; What are your individual valuations on those four mentioned players that you get to 70mil?
Periera ~ 25m
Lingard ~ 25m
Jones ~ 15m
Matic ~ 5m (if we activate the one-year extension now and have him sold in the summer)

romufc

Periera ~ 25m
Lingard ~ 25m
Jones ~ 15m
Matic ~ 5m (if we activate the one-year extension now and have him sold in the summer)
This must be some kind of joke. We wont get £25m for all 4 put together let alone £25m each.

croadyman

He is the kind of signing that would make Pogba reconsider his plans to leave,however there is no chance of signing him unless Pogba is sold because we haven't got a bottomless pit.

Caesar2290

I understand your concern and the reason behind all our injuries has to be attributed to the medical team as well as Ole and the coaching staff. Injuries to Rashford has been due to mismanagement. And before anyone tells me that what else Ole could have done with the shortage of strikers, then my response would be that it was his mismanagement to go in with a depleted squad this season. It's a huge risk to get Dembele but if he clicked, the guy has a huge ceiling. We lack directness in our attacking play. All our attacks come from the center and our wings don't create as many chances or assists as it should and I think O Dembele has what it takes. I mean we don't need to buy him. Getting him on loan with an option to buy would also be a great deal.
I know here you are coming from. On his day and when he is in form, Dembele is one of the best prospects out there.

But here is the thing: can you name one player that our medical department actually "healed"? I'm talking about injury prone players: Saha was always injured, so was Ole towards the end of his career. Hargo was a crock who we simply couldn't fix and Anderson had his standard 2 injuries a season. Lately we've developed a group of players whi you expect to get injured: Jones, Shaw, Bailly come to mind.

So no I don't have any faith in our medical department. And the way I view it, is we're throwing money at the wind if we sign Dembele.

Joseunited

This must be some kind of joke. We wont get £25m for all 4 put together let alone £25m each.
Of course we will Pereira and Lingard might be bellends but in the transfer market they most definitely will command £20m plus fees. Easily.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Of course we will Pereira and Lingard might be bellends but in the transfer market they most definitely will command £20m plus fees. Easily.
Lingard is on a wage that would be top performer at a middling club, but he has nothing backing him to earn that kind of wage or for another club to pick up that kind of wage - can you name a club on earth that will pay £20m for him and then continue to subsidise his £100k+ per week wage?

Pereira has not done well at any club he's been at and is showing himself to be well below the bar for Manchester United. We're obviously not the barometer on whether a player is Premeirship level as there a players at smaller clubs lower down the table who are about par in ability to Pereira, the difference is, nobody is trying to pick them up for £20m, and again, I'm pretty sure Pereira is on a solid wage here, more than smaller clubs pay for that level of talent, so who do you think would pick him up for £20m?

And if we are talking about him going to a European club, £20m is around €23.5m, that's a lot of money outside of the top leagues, and inside of them, better talent than Pereira is going for that, allied to his wages, you'd be hard-pressed to find suitors for that kind of money.

We'll have to sell both at a reduced rate to get them off the books with their wages being the main issue.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Sancho score a lot of goals coming in off that right flank, I don't think the goal return would be a problem.

He's got 5 goals and 7 assists from 11 games played at RW according to transfermarkt, compared to Salah at 12 goals 6 assists from 19 games at RW.

There's a difference sure, but one is playing for a team running away with the league and the other is playing for a competitive side in a tight league. Sancho's output could possibly increase playing in that Liverpool side.

reddevilchennai

Signing Sancho or not signing him is the only thing that is going to define our transfer window.

PS: I expect Ole to be sacked or himself leaving on his own before the end of season when it is impossible for the team to achieve Top 6 and we are knocked out of Europa League. Pochentinno will be announced as Utd manager

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Signing Sancho or not signing him is the only thing that is going to define our transfer window.

PS: I expect Ole to be sacked or himself leaving on his own before the end of season when it is impossible for the team to achieve Top 6 and we are knocked out of Europa League. Pochentinno will be announced as Utd manager
Why are you anticipating a scenario where it will be impossible for us to qualify for the Top 6?’.

This place has descended into some sort of competition over who can put misery the other it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.