Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

wr8_utd

:'(
I'll be delighted if he joins us but he'll be an absolute idiot to choose us right now. He's good enough for Liverpool, City, Madrid and Barcelona right now. He'll be wasting his time at United.

wr8_utd

I think Liverpool will get him. But I could also see Barcelona get involved if they dont go for Neymar. Would think that Real Madrid with V. Junior, Rodrygo and Hazard are covered. Short term they got Bale too.
Signing him means dropping or selling one of Salah, Mane or Firmino which I don't believe will happen. Can definitely see Barcelona going for him to play on the left if PSG continue to demand 220m for Neymar.

cyberman

I'll be delighted if he joins us but he'll be an absolute idiot to choose us right now. He's good enough for Liverpool, City, Madrid and Barcelona right now. He'll be wasting his time at United.
Aw poor baby

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If he's the catalyst to getting us back to the top he wouldn't be an idiot then would he?

pascell

Tired of hearing he's signing for Chelsea because he's a Chelsea fan, didn't we hear the same in the lead up to us signing Shaw?

James was a Liverpool fan, hell even our club manager was a Liverpool fan, none of that matters when it comes down to money.

RUCK4444

I don’t understand this super negative way of thinking. Wow

Son

So essentially by the logic players should only sign for clubs when they are top of the league?

What about the fact we are arguably the biggest club in the world with brilliant fans and a number 7 shirt available that could be the most famous jersey in all world football?

wr8_utd

If he's the catalyst to getting us back to the top he wouldn't be an idiot then would he?
Wish that's how it works out but we're just too badly run a club imo to even be able to get the best out of Sancho and get back to the top anytime soon. Great for us if we do get him but he really is a top tier club level player this season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Tired of hearing he's signing for Chelsea because he's a Chelsea fan, didn't we hear the same in the lead up to us signing Shaw?

James was a Liverpool fan, hell even our club manager was a Liverpool fan, none of that matters when it comes down to money.
The only ones saying that are the Chelsea fans and that's because they have to cling on to something :lol:

If he's not coming to United he certainly ain't going to Chelsea and no I don't care if they'll be in the UCL next season or not

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I would love him, and if he comes he'll be loved. I just hope we then play him in his best position, which seems to be out wide to the left?

wr8_utd

So essentially by the logic players should only sign for clubs when they are top of the league?

What about the fact we are arguably the biggest club in the world with brilliant fans and a number 7 shirt available that could be the most famous jersey in all world football?
I think players of his level are scarce and we'd be lucky to get him given his level and the level of United compared to a lot of other big European clubs.

pascell

The only ones saying that are the Chelsea fans and that's because they have to cling on to something :lol:

If he's not coming to United he certainly ain't going to Chelsea and no I don't care if they'll be in the UCL next season or not
Sorry that's what I meant, Chelsea fans parading that he's a Chelsea fan himself so he must be going there.

I think there's been discussions with Dortmund with a few clubs, hence a few reporters saying Dortmund are now willing to sell, unless Sancho has refused to sign a new deal and now's the time to sell as he won't have long left on his current deal.

wr8_utd

If he comes to England it's got to be City or United. Liverpool have a front 3 that doesn't get dropped at all so I doubt he'd go there. I reckon it'll be between United and City if he ends up in the PL.

wolvored

"The prospect of going head-to-head with Chelsea in a bidding war for Jadon Sancho will hold little fear for Manchester United".

"Their attitude to a late challenge from Antonio Conte for Alexis Sanchez in 2018 reveals the confidence within Old Trafford they can see off any rival bid from Stamford Bridge"
feck me if it goes as bad as this they can have him :lol:

diarm

He was very good tonight and excellent I thought in Sex Education. Sign him up Woody.

Stadjer

Had a good game but made a terrible decision at the start of the game. Had a lot of good passing options but went for a bad shot instead.

If he joins Manchester United i hope there wont be unrealistic expections that he will win the title by himself and will never make a mistake.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's the dream signing for our front 3 really. We'll see if we get him... but we should do whatever we can to get him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Most noise around him says he wants to return to the premier league. A lot of players love a challenge and being the catalyst to turn a club around. Top players joining the dominant team won't change much at the end of the day and often times you can just be forgotten among the rest. Plus Liverpool have Salah and Mane playing in his 2 positions, so unless they sell one of them, he wouldn't be an automatic starter no matter how good he is. He left City already, Pogba situations don't happen too often (especially now with the CL ban). I think the 2 favourites are United and Chelsea, felt that for a while. Chelsea signing Ziyech gives some hope that maybe they feel United are favourites, though they might just go for both anyway. Kind of 50/50 between the two though.

As for "why he'd choose United". It's the same answers as always. We are as big as any club out there, the history, prestige, playing in an iconic stadium, etc etc. All that stuff matters, anyone who tries to downplay it is just wrong IMO. Especially for british youngsters. Doesn't make us favourites, but puts us right up there, along with a no brainer slot where he goes in to perfectly suit our needs.

DeeDee7

Cannot help but feel Chelsea are favourites. They have abit of history now with Dortmund. Sancho is a London boy. Chelsea also have Odoi as a sweetner in the deal.

But damn he is a must have for us.

Sherry33

The only ones persisting he is going to United are the United fans literally Sancho himself rejected you last year, a player of his talent will no doubt go to a team who can win titles no matter how much money you guys are offering, since that's the only thing you can offer him. This is the same player that left his country and more money for development and some of you think he will go to United because of exclusively money and Manchester town :lol:

Son

I think players of his level are scarce and we'd be lucky to get him given his level and the level of United compared to a lot of other big European clubs.
I reckon with a few shrewd signings we can be back with the big boys again. Our club certainly has the budget to compete with anyone atm.

I agree though any team will be lucky to have him. Yet again tonight he looked every bit as good as anyone on the field even against PSG.

One thing I’ll give Dortmund over us, they played with more freedom. We need more of that at United next season to unlock our squads potential. Sancho, Bruno & Rashford would be quality in the same side.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea

Well lets put it this way. Yes he is a chelsea fan as admitted by himself. He is from Camberwell in London, and grew up about 4 miles from Stamford Bridge. Hence why he is such a big supporter of ours. All his family live in London.

No it wont be the only factor, but you'd have to be a bit dense to not think they will come into his thinking, should we agree a fee. Of course going back to live by his family, in his home city will be a huge pull. It's undeniable. Its not the case of he will join because he is a fan, its the personal side of things

To say if he doesnt join you he almost certainly isnt joining us is not quite true is it? What have you based that on?

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Had a good game but made a terrible decision at the start of the game. Had a lot of good passing options but went for a bad shot instead.

If he joins Manchester United i hope there wont be unrealistic expections that he will win the title by himself and will never make a mistake.
It wasn't a terrible decision. He probably should have passed it but had a decent opportunity to have a strike on go. I only saw the highlights but he seemed to have a really good game.

Don't think our fans are the type of heap ridiculous expectations on players. He'll be expected to perform as per his talent and age. And if he joins I believe he'll fulfill those expectations.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
His balance is just exceptional; you cannot tell which way he'll go on any play and it totally bamboozles markers. He's top percentile in the game as far as balance and dribbling go: the Messi, Hazard type class and it buys him and his teammates so much time.

What is assuring about his play is the certainty he won't lose the ball often when carrying it, which means players can run off him and ahead of the ball without worrying about the play breaking down and causing them to then be out of position on the counter. Not only that, his passing is such that he can then pick out accurate, forward passes to those runners, or use them as decoys for his own runs. He really is a quality player, and the traits he has mean he can do all the solo stuff but also instaneously switch to a team-based game in a flash. He was even working defensively last night, which is something that he isn't known for.

Sancho was the best player on the pitch last night in a tight game; if he keeps that up in the CL, his value is going to rise, even from what it is now. You have to wonder what he'll be valued at if the CL is a success and he has a strong showing at the Euros.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
People hoping for Sancho will be very disapponited when We start next season with Juan Mata as Right Winger again.

The only way I can see him choosing us is if We get a CL spot and offer him more money than any other club. It has to be done, no other way.

jackal&hyde

Wish that's how it works out but we're just too badly run a club imo to even be able to get the best out of Sancho and get back to the top anytime soon. Great for us if we do get him but he really is a top tier club level player this season.
We're doing fine getting the best out of attacking players like Rashford so i don't see your point. Most players have improved on an individual level under the current manager as compared to the previous one so there is no reason to think Sancho would not do the same and greatly improve the team as a whole.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Signing him means dropping or selling one of Salah, Mane or Firmino which I don't believe will happen. Can definitely see Barcelona going for him to play on the left if PSG continue to demand 220m for Neymar.
They have the money to do so. And he would fit them perfect for what? Ten years? Mane and Salah is approx 29. Liverpool play about 5000 min of football each year. Between the three of them, he can play both left and right, they could play 3300 minutes each,

Furthermore, Mane and Salah will play AFCON every second january.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
They have the money to do so. And he would fit them perfect for what? Ten years? Mane and Salah is approx 29. Liverpool play about 5000 min of football each year. Between the three of them, he can play both left and right, they could play 3300 minutes each,

Furthermore, Mane and Salah will play AFCON every second january.
I love the precision of this

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
His balance is just exceptional; you cannot tell which way he'll go on any play and it totally bamboozles markers. He's top percentile in the game as far as balance and dribbling go: the Messi, Hazard type class and it buys him and his teammates so much time.

What is assuring about his play is the certainty he won't lose the ball often when carrying it, which means players can run off him and ahead of the ball without worrying about the play breaking down and causing them to then be out of position on the counter. Not only that, his passing is such that he can then pick out accurate, forward passes to those runners, or use them as decoys for his own runs. He really is a quality player, and the traits he has mean he can do all the solo stuff but also instaneously switch to a team-based game in a flash. He was even working defensively last night, which is something that he isn't known for.

Sancho was the best player on the pitch last night in a tight game; if he keeps that up in the CL, his value is going to rise, even from what it is now. You have to wonder what he'll be valued at if the CL is a success and he has a strong showing at the Euros.
He’s the English Neymar in terms of his ball carrying but has that English grit and determination that is lacking in most foreign stars which makes him an ideal EPL player.

My big concern about Sancho is that he’s almost becoming too good to use as a pure winger. His role has adapted at Dortmund to that of a free roaming attacker/playmaker and their fast possession style seems suited to giving him the options and cover he needs when he’s on the ball.

If he was to leave and join a straight lines team like us, he would be nowhere near as effective and it would make him easier to mark when pushed out to a particular wing.

He gets into most top sides in the world outside of Liverpool - massive risk for him if he joins us but if he does come and we transform ourselves in terms of playing style, we can give him a legacy no other club would be close to giving him.

Thought of building the team around him and Grealish :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.