Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

If I was a Liverpool fan I'd swap Salah for Sancho happily, just hope their club doesn't feel the same.
No one in their right mind would do that, Salah has been class for three seasons now. If Sancho could warranty that level he'd be worth 200M not 100-120M.

Jibbs

More and more I'm warming to the idea of selling Salah and getting Sancho instead.
You guys are kinda stuck with Salah, there won't be many takers over 70/80 million range.

Lynty

Sancho/Grealish/Partey/Upamecano? That would make lot of sense and the best window we could expect.

It would entirely change our dynamics and it can make us title winning team again.
Impossible window in anything but a Football Manager game.

Madrid had an incredible transfer window last season: Hazard, Militao, Jovic, Mendy and possibly the best window of all time in 2009: Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Alonso

The four names you have there is in galatico territory.

Seven Seas Sardines

Sancho/Grealish/Partey/Upamecano? That would make lot of sense and the best window we could expect.

It would entirely change our dynamics and it can make us title winning team again.
If we could get those players I wouldn't care if Ole's nan was managing us. Unfortunately we're as skilled as she'd be when it comes to recruitment.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Really? wow. firstly I think if there's a player he could replace at Pool it'd be Firminho. secondly you'd think Salah is on a fast lane to legend status at Pool if he isn't there already and yet you'd be willing to let him go for some kid?
I think Sancho plays on the right like Salah? And I see where you’re coming from, but while he’s definately a great player, I can’t help but think that he’s got too many games where he’s invisible.
I think our team could do with some renewal attacking wise. And out of the three up front, I consider the other two more important.

And people wonder why Liverpool fans are the joke of the league?
Wait, what, why?

Salah is a fantastic player. But which club is going to sign him for the fee Liverpool expect?
Yeah, I’m not sure who other than Real and maybe PSG.

You guys are kinda stuck with Salah, there won't be many takers over 70/80 million range.
As above, I’m not too sure either who’d buy him for the price we’d likely want.

cyberman

Impossible window in anything but a Football Manager game.

Madrid had an incredible transfer window last season: Hazard, Militao, Jovic, Mendy and possibly the best window of all time in 2009: Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Alonso

The four names you have there is in galatico territory.
Madrids last window was anything but incredible

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Wait, what, why?
Because no one in the right state of mind would break your front 3 when it's the best in the world for a shiny new toy. This works brilliantly because Salah and Mane cuts in and your full backs enjoy that space on the right.

Seriously? You still ask that question?

Theo88

I haven't followed Jadon a lot (other than buying him in FM and playing him as a left inside forward).

For those who have : considering that we have a finite transfer budget plus a finite salary budget. Would it make sense to try and get him (and potentially nobody else in terms of stars unless pogba goes) or instead get someone like Traore (Wolves) and potentially have enough available capital to move for someone like Graelish too. Considering salaries in play this could mean we don't have to offload heavy spenders to accommodate the later?

I'm assuming Jadon will be at Rashford + salary levels and Dortmunt will be asking for 100m+ in fees?

Lynty

In hindsight maybe.

At the time people were ejactulating over Jovic and Militao (especially around how early they got this deal done) Hazard was considered the best EPL player and Mendy was a very strong and sensible signing.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Because no one in the right state of mind would break your front 3 when it's the best in the world for a shiny new toy. This works brilliantly because Salah and Mane cuts in and your full backs enjoy that space on the right.

It’s great, don’t get me wrong, but for some reason I feel that Salah goes missing too much. Just saw a clip where both Carragher and Neville praised him to bits and were talking about how underappreciated he is by Liverpool fans. Guess they’re talking about me.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
People don’t care how the players play. They had an ‘incredible’ window because they signed lots of players, and the fans had 6 new signings to unwrap at the start of the season.

DBT85

I'll be honest to me the sensible choice is to cash in on Salah while they can and use the money on sancho or someone else. I think he's the least important of that 3 and the oldest iirc.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Sancho, Grealish, Zakaria, Konate would be a real possibility for us.

We'd win the title with those four or come very close in the next 2 seasons IMO.

Macedonian Red

Add Aubameyang and Renan Lodi and we are on the same level as City and Pool.

DDG
Bissaka Upamecano Maguire Lodi
Bruno Thomas Grealish
Sancho Aubameyang Rashford

Romero
Dalot Tunzebe Lindelof Shaw/Williams
MCtominay Matic Fred
Greenwood Martial James

If we get around 150m for Pogba and co. Net spend will be around 250-300m. For City and Real this is possible in one summer. United will probably need one more.

cyberman

In hindsight maybe.

At the time people were ejactulating over Jovic and Militao (especially around how early they got this deal done) Hazard was considered the best EPL player and Mendy was a very strong and sensible signing.
But you can only judge transfer on heindsight? Thats over 250m spent for no return

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Sancho, Grealish, Zakaria, Konate would be a real possibility for us.

We'd win the title with those four or come very close in the next 2 seasons IMO.
Konate would be a very shrewd signing.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Add Aubameyang and Renan Lodi and we are on the same level as City and Pool.

DDG
Bissaka Upamecano Maguire Lodi
Bruno Thomas Grealish
Sancho Aubameyang Rashford

Romero
Dalot Tunzebe Lindelof Shaw/Williams
MCtominay Matic Fred
Greenwood Martial James

If we get around 150m for Pogba and co. Net spend will be around 250-300m. For City and Real this is possible in one summer. United will probably need one more.
:lol: :lol:

davidmichael

I think if we sell Pogba, Rojo and Pereira and then brought in Sancho, Grealish and a quality defensive midfielder I'd be ecstatic as it would transform our team and give us a perfect balanced team.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What do you mean?
Because he's given you 3 amazing seasons and you're now wanting to change him in for the next big thing.

Why shouldn't a player take a better offer if they're so disposable?

We can't get annoyed as fans when a player wants to leave if we'd discard them without a second thought.

Lynty

But you can only judge transfer on heindsight? Thats over 250m spent for no return
In hindsight Sancho/Grealish/Partey/Upamecano could be a £250m disaster. We don't know.

What I do know is that it's an unrealistic window. Adding 4 players of that quality in 1 window rarely ever happens. Fans need to temper their expectations.

Two of those names and a bargain bin player would be a good window.

cyberman

In hindsight Sancho/Grealish/Partey/Upamecano could be a £250m disaster. We don't know.

What I do know is that it's an unrealistic window. Adding 4 players of that quality in 1 window rarely ever happens. Fans need to temper their expectations.

Two of those names and a bargain bin player would be a good window.
Of course it can, tHats why we use heindsight. It makes more sense than judging them when they havent kicked a ball for Madrid!

Lynty

Of course it can, tHats why we use heindsight. It makes more sense than judging them when they havent kicked a ball for Madrid!
So Sancho, Grealish, Partey, Upamecano wouldn't be a good window? We'd have to wait until 6 months to find out?

Don't be ridiculous.

We had a good window in 2014, other factors contributed to the poor performances (tactics/man management)

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

So Sancho, Grealish, Partey, Upamecano wouldn't be a good window? We'd have to wait until 6 months to find out?

Don't be ridiculous.

We had a good window in 2014, other factors contributed to the poor performances (tactics/man management)
That would be an outrageous window. Maybe the best in our history and we have had some insanely good windows - 07 being probably my favourite.

kidbob

Upemecano is realistic and should be pursued, the rest mentioned are either not good enough/ don;t need now (Grealish, we have Fernandes now) or unattainable (Sancho, Partey). However what we can do is be realistic. Fabian Ruiz and Zakkaria immediately improves our midfield and depth and someone like Chiesa is half the price than Sancho but not half the player. Get in a striker to challenge Martial and we're looking very good and if we perform better the season after then the 'top; players become realistic again.

Signing Upemencano, Ruiz, Zakkaria and Chiesa isn't unrealistic and all come from clubs where they aren't 'stepping down' and we have less competition. Winner all around.

Add Laird, Gomes and, hopefully a fit, Tuanzebe to the squad and we look fine.

Grealish was a good option until Bruno, no point wasting money on him or Morrison when we have just spent big on a player in that position and Gomes has the potential to far surpass Grealish honestly.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Upemecano is realistic and should be pursued, the rest mentioned are either not good enough/ don;t need now (Grealish, we have Fernandes now) or unattainable (Sancho, Partey). However what we can do is be realistic. Fabian Ruiz and Zakkaria immediately improves our midfield and depth and someone like Chiesa is half the price than Sancho but not half the player. Get in a striker to challenge Martial and we're looking very good and if we perform better the season after then the 'top; players become realistic again.

Signing Upemencano, Ruiz, Zakkaria and Chiesa isn't unrealistic and all come from clubs where they aren't 'stepping down' and we have less competition. Winner all around.

Grealish was a good option until Bruno, no point wasting money on him or Morrison when we have just spent big on a player in that position and Gomes has the potential to far surpass Grealish honestly.
So what do we do if Bruno gets hurt?

kidbob

So what do we do if Bruno gets hurt?
We do what Liverpool do and replace him with a lesser player. Do you think they love seeing Origi instead of their front players. The fact is that we have 4 'pressing' matters with the squad. We don't want to waste an entire summer chasing Sancho just to inevitably miss out (i'd love to be proven wrong on this). Also Sancho isn't a Bruno replacement at all.

Edit: I see now you meant Grealish for Bruno. I like Grealish but realistically our spending suggests we can't fix all our problems and afford him. If we can I'd be all for it but he isn't a priority at all now that we have signed Bruno.

Last edited:

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23

Reeks of youtube scouting.

Who is Upemecano?
Who is Zakkaria?
Who the hell is Morrison?

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Maddison is on a terrible run right now. Crazy how badly I wanted him not that long ago. Still would be a huge upgrade on Pereirs and Lingard

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Think that's pretty much the route you guys should take. Bruno was already a very good transfer. The players you mentioned aren't top top class talents like Sancho but can achieve or already have achieved a very high level that would improve your squad immediately. If they actually played for United, people would be surprised how good those guys are. I don't think Upamecano is worse than Maguire, exemplarily.

And once they are here and you have stabilized yourself, making top 4 two or three times in a row, the mos demanded players on the market aren't that unrealistic anymore.

Son

Exactly they spent £300 million and Mendy has worked out so far. Hazard didn’t even bother to keep himself fit.

Even if he is brilliant at dribbling for a fullback his final ball could do with lots of work. I’d still take him at United though obvs!

Adnan

Talent Spotter

The first Journo he spoke to, who in his words a very experienced Journo, said that people from with in the club expect him to join Man Utd.

The second Journo who works one of the biggest outlets in the country, reckons Dortmund will favour selling to Klopp due to their affiliation etc. Which IMO seems like just his opinion.

The first Journo seems to be sharing news from within the club and the second Journo is sharing his thoughts which is how I interpreted what Fjortoft is saying.

cyberman

Second journo seems really biased. At the end of the day its up to the player, this isnt 2001 where best bid gets it

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

The first Journo he spoke to, who in his words a very experienced Journo, said that people from with in the club expect him to join Man Utd.

The second Journo who works one of the biggest outlets in the country, reckons Dortmund will favour selling to Klopp due to their affiliation etc. Which IMO seems like just his opinion.

The first Journo seems to be sharing news from within the club and the second Journo is sharing his thoughts which is how I interpreted what Fjortoft is saying.
And most news coming out of liverpool is that they're going to get Werner.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
They can take Werner if it means us getting Sancho. Although I have a feeling Sancho wouldn't go to Liverpool at this point in his career anyway.
Definitely think we're favourite for Sancho. Instant key player and would become a hero and take the number 7. Would complete the attack with Rashford, Martial and Bruno behind.
Order of likeliest scenarios IMO are:
  1. Sign for United
  2. Stay at Dortmund
  3. Sign for Chelsea
  4. Sign for City
  5. Sign for Liverpool and they sell one of Salah or Mane to Madrid
  6. Sign for Barca/Madrid
Bit of a gap between 3 and 4. Also don't think he goes to Spain. Think he wants premier league.

Status
Not open for further replies.