Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric's Seagull

Definitely think we're favourite for Sancho. Instant key player and would become a hero and take the number 7. Would complete the attack with Rashford, Martial and Bruno behind.
Order of likeliest scenarios IMO are:
  1. Sign for United
  2. Stay at Dortmund
  3. Sign for Chelsea
  4. Sign for City
  5. Sign for Liverpool and they sell one of Salah or Mane to Madrid
  6. Sign for Barca/Madrid
Bit of a gap between 3 and 4. Also don't think he goes to Spain. Think he wants premier league.
I hope that your right on part 1 and that he gets enticed by the chance of coming here when we have not been doing as well and he could have the chance to be very successful, playing a vital part here and making himself a legend in the process. Also the availability of the no 7 shirt is appealing. He may want to stay at Dortmund if he is really enjoying himself and way up his options next year but I have a feeling he will go.

He may go Chelsea but would they pay the £120m or in my opinion £150m if he has a good Euros.

I don't think City will pay that much to resign him.

Your scenario number 5 is why I can't see him signing for Liverpool, even if they were willing to pay the cash. If he signs for a team he is going to want to be first choice and if he were for some reason to go to Liverpool I think he may be on the bench quite a lot.

I can't see Real signing him as I think they are going to all out for Mbappe and I'm not sure about Barca.

DBT85

You wouldn’t have Salah if he became an option while Sancho decided to move to Liverpool?
I don't think the club would, no. Because he'd only be available for like 40m more than if he went elsewhere and the wages would be huge and he'll be 28 in the summer.

I don't think that's the profile they are after any more.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Because he's given you 3 amazing seasons and you're now wanting to change him in for the next big thing.

Why shouldn't a player take a better offer if they're so disposable?

We can't get annoyed as fans when a player wants to leave if we'd discard them without a second thought.
Being a Liverpool fan, I’m kind of used to players leaving for better destinations. And I don’t particularly blame them. Their career is short and so they should get the most out of it.

And if Salah were to leave, he’d just earn a fortune somewhere else.

For instance, if Real were to buy van Dijk in the summer, I’d hate it, but I wouldn’t really hold it against him for wanting to make even more money and trying a new challenge.
Because he's given you 3 amazing seasons and you're now wanting to change him in for the next big thing.

Why shouldn't a player take a better offer if they're so disposable?

We can't get annoyed as fans when a player wants to leave if we'd discard them without a second thought.
If supporting Liverpool has taught me anything, it’s that players are only loyal until they aren’t. I have zero doubt that Salah would jump on a plane the instant Barca wanted him, and I wouldn’t blame him. And as much as I’d hate it if Van Dijk or Mane wanted to go to Real Madrid in the summer for instance, I wouldn’t really hold it against them either.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Has there actually been any kind of official statement that Sancho is keen on coming to us? It just seems like some see it as a given, but we've been mainly a top 6 since 2013. I'm sure the other big clubs are in for him as well.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Has there actually been any kind of official statement that Sancho is keen on coming to us? It just seems like some see it as a given, but we've been mainly a top 6 since 2013. I'm sure the other big clubs are in for him as well.
:lol:

You are looking for an ‘official statement?’

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
:lol:

You are looking for an ‘official statement?’
Basically any evidence from Sancho or his agent. Our club has been a car-crash since Fergie. I'm puzzled why Sancho would be keen on coming specifally to us.

croadyman

I know it isn't much but the best I can offer on this is Fjortoft saying he spoke to someone with close links to the club before the Dortmund game on Saturday who said they expect him to join Utd in the summer

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I have a feeling that Barcelona will go for him and he will choose Barcelona over us.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Have you ever seen official statement for transfer rumors, especially for incoming ones?

Only official statement you will see is when player is signed or club is so pissed at these rumors that they will deny it like Madrid did last year.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I have a feeling that Barcelona will go for him and he will choose Barcelona over us.
Barca will try for Neymar and i don't think they well buy another 100m player. Coutinho will be coming back. Good luck in getting money back from him. Then there's injury prone dembele. Sancho to Barca doesn't look that easy

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Barca will try for Neymar and i don't think they well buy another 100m player. Coutinho will be coming back. Good luck in getting money back from him. Then there's injury prone dembele. Sancho to Barca doesn't look that easy
Why go Neymar if Sancho is cheaper, younger, less fees & less salary.

gulli_G

‘What Messi wants doesn‘t mean the club can afford it.
True but he wasn't a happy bunny this season when Barca failed to get him, if they lose Messi during an already difficult time, it would be a massive loss for them, their status would instantly drop a notch or two.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
True but he wasn't a happy bunny this season when Barca failed to get him, if they lose Messi during an already difficult time, it would be a massive loss for them, their status would instantly drop a notch or two.
Losing Messi? Where is he going? No other club will be in Messi's interest right now. :lol:

Messi will be equally excited if Barcelona sign younger player like Sancho. Combined with experienced ones like Griezmann & Suarez, that's more than enough and save more money than going for Neymar.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Because Messi wants his mate back, if not he leaves Barca for City by activating the break clause.
City who may not be in Europe and have to watch their spending?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Because Messi wants his mate back, if not he leaves Barca for City by activating the break clause.
Do you know what his clause is? Do you think City can afford to pay almost 1 billion better euros, in one single payment no less?

theklr

Someone earlier in this thread made a list over how many reliable journos that thought or knew something about him coming here, and it was like 7-8 of them that said the most likely transfer was to us.

Now, that could possibly mean nothing, or that it is contingent on us getting CL, but it means that we have a fighting chance at least.

And I'd take that any day of the week seeing how unattractive we have looked lately.

I also think that the Bruno signing is a step closer , since Sancho will see that we are putting real money into the team with good signings to be better.

Not to mention that any star players would want good players around them that can increase their chance of playing well , scoring and assisting.

Ether

That Telegraph article says that City have "matching rights" when a bid goes in. Hopefully he isn't keen on returning there.

Bwuk

I think this will happen and feel somewhat confident about it.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That Telegraph article says that City have "matching rights" when a bid goes in. Hopefully he isn't keen on returning there.
Even Tranmere Rovers have the ‘right’ to match any bid.

enwhykiid

Doesn't mean they will. I can't see City spending £100m+ on a player that was already at their academy especially with their whole FFP situation

I also don't know how much he'd want to go back there, given Pep's initial hesitance to incorporate him

redshaw

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51702721

England winger Jadon Sancho is "very happy" at Borussia Dortmund, says the German club's chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke.

"I think he has the feeling that the club does have a good future," Watzke told BBC Sport.

"In my opinion, I don't think he wants to leave."

"We have a very confidential relationship between us and him and his agents," he added. "We will discuss it."

Watzke also asserted that Dortmund - who are third in the German top flight - will not be swayed by the size of any offer they may receive for Sancho, who began his career at Watford.

"It's not a question of money," said Watzke. "For us, it would be the best position if he stays at Borussia Dortmund.

"We have enough money. We want to have titles. I think this team has a lot more potential with Jadon than without Jadon."

Some will say this is just them driving up the bids but with Haaland there for two years I don't think it's nailed on they cash in if Sancho has no good choices or bids are lowish.

mav_9me

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51702721

England winger Jadon Sancho is "very happy" at Borussia Dortmund, says the German club's chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke.

"I think he has the feeling that the club does have a good future," Watzke told BBC Sport.

"In my opinion, I don't think he wants to leave."

"We have a very confidential relationship between us and him and his agents," he added. "We will discuss it."

Watzke also asserted that Dortmund - who are third in the German top flight - will not be swayed by the size of any offer they may receive for Sancho, who began his career at Watford.

"It's not a question of money," said Watzke. "For us, it would be the best position if he stays at Borussia Dortmund.

"We have enough money. We want to have titles. I think this team has a lot more potential with Jadon than without Jadon."

Some will say this is just them driving up the bids but with Haaland there for two years I don't think it's nailed on they cash in if Sancho has no good choices or bids are lowish.
Of course he is going to say that. And he is not wrong. I dont think money is reason for them to sell. I think Sancho wants to come back to England.

The Irish Connection

Dortmund are a good club, especially for young players, and are playing better football than us overall, but having a chance to come back to England, play in a more competitive league and for the biggest club there would surely be tempting for him. Would be a massive signing and badly needed.

romufc

Dortmund are a good club, especially for young players, and are playing better football than us overall, but having a chance to come back to England, play in a more competitive league and for the biggest club there would surely be tempting for him. Would be a massive signing and badly needed.
Not only that, Dortmund are a selling club. Sancho can stay on if he wants but we have all seen in the past, if you stay too long sometimes that is also detriment to a players career.

Haland has a release clause so will be off, Hakimi is on loan from Madrid. Will they challenge for trophies? Bayern have won the last what 8 leagues?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No way they're refusing £120m especially when they know Sancho will want to leave at the end of this contract.

Unless he signs a new deal he goes this summer IMO.

The Irish Connection

Not only that, Dortmund are a selling club. Sancho can stay on if he wants but we have all seen in the past, if you stay too long sometimes that is also detriment to a players career.

Haland has a release clause so will be off, Hakimi is on loan from Madrid. Will they challenge for trophies? Bayern have won the last what 8 leagues?
Yes. Dortmund are a good club but you’d think we would be attractive if he wanted to come back to England. Getting champions league will be important though. We can offer top wages too.

romufc

Yes. Dortmund are a good club but you’d think we would be attractive if he wanted to come back to England. Getting champions league will be important though. We can offer top wages too.
We would always be attractive, I don't buy the narrative from fans that we won't attract the biggest names.

Don't forget, we missed out on Hazard, Moura when SAF was in charge so missing out on one or two players doesn't mean we are not attractive anymore.

PL will always attract players, Manutd moreso because of the wages on offer.

Look at Bruno for example, his instagram following took a massive spike just by signing for us.

SATA

Not sure if we will sign him if Grealish is a certainty to come. Surely both will be overload the squad especially if Pogba stays, and i doubt we will have enough cash for Sancho if that happens

RedDevilRoshi

Not sure if we will sign him if Grealish is a certainty to come. Surely both will be overload the squad especially if Pogba stays, and i doubt we will have enough cash for Sancho if that happens
Grealish isn’t a certainty. It will only happen if Pogba goes.

For me, Sancho or another RW like Chiesa has to be a priority this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.