Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Views?
I mean, everyone knows that him, FullTimeDevils etc just review newspapers. They just discuss what other news outlets report.
Although Howson is very good regarding academy, he's definitely has some sources.

For transfers? He really doesn't.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
As much as I don't like the YouTubers, Howson was banging the AWB drum and provided updates on the deal long before he was seriously linked to the club.
That's not true, he was talking about AWB when there was a fair bit of publication on it.

He basically rides the waves of rumours.

Utdstar01

Think we all need to accept he's coming and get our chants ready for our new number 7.

RMD83

As much as I don't like the YouTubers, Howson was banging the AWB drum and provided updates on the deal long before he was seriously linked to the club.
Don't be daft. The media makes up bullshit and the YouTubers just feed off the bullshit for the same reason the media make it up. To generate traffic. That's not to say sancho isn't going to happen but if it is going to happen some united fan with a YouTube channel won't have any inside information that the mainstream media doesn't have.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
They do so for every potential transfer so no biggie there unless the story was first broken by him which I doubt. He's not a journo and I doubt he has sources within the club.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper

Decomposing In Paris

I think any talk about Sancho is premature. I am not saying that this is right but there are some saying that Utd are still on the hook for a lot of transfer business that is still yet to be paid down:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...ansfers-impending-financial-crisis-looms.html

Now if this is true and Utd do owe that money and income get seriously dented, I just do not see a move for Sancho.
The press can’t make up their minds how to sell papers by dropping negative stories about us though. I read just the other day that we had to pay the full fee for Maguire upfront, and of course it was compared to Liverpool’s deal to sign Van Dyke. We’ve been playing well, and then the football stopped, so there’s gotta be more big negative drama to write about.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
The press can’t make up their minds how to sell papers by dropping negative stories about us though. I read just the other day that we had to pay the full fee for Maguire upfront, and of course it was compared to Liverpool’s deal to sign Van Dyke. We’ve been playing well, and then the football stopped, so there’s gotta be more big negative drama to write about.
Indeed. One minute it is Utd are primed to blow everyone out of the water, the next it is stuff like this. To be honest, I am of the opinion it is something in the middle. If the season can be completed behind closed doors then I think there is a chance. However, I really struggle to see how any club can lose 20%+ of revenue in a void situation, whilst telling players to take a 30% cut, then go out and buy someone for £100m+ on £250k+ pw.

Dailymail? :nono:
I know, I know. However, to be fair I did caveat the the post.

mav_9me

Indeed. One minute it is Utd are primed to blow everyone out of the water, the next it is stuff like this. To be honest, I am of the opinion it is something in the middle. If the season can be completed behind closed doors then I think there is a chance. However, I really struggle to see how any club can lose 20%+ of revenue in a void situation, whilst telling players to take a 30% cut, then go out and buy someone for £100m+ on £250k+ pw.

So I don't think transfer fees will be at that level. That's one way. I think the money in the game will shrink meaning wages and transfer fees will come down. TV money will go down along with rest of economy.

RedDevilRoshi

Well, let’s not forget this:

Ed Woodward - "We can do things in the transfer market that other clubs can only dream of. Watch this space."

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
So I don't think transfer fees will be at that level. That's one way. I think the money in the game will shrink meaning wages and transfer fees will come down. TV money will go down along with rest of economy.
I agree with this, it looks likely that transfers and wages will go down. However, whilst this is true, if I am Sancho, I would be thinking from a monetary position it is better to wait. I say this as he is currently on €200k, so if the market for wages goes down, he isn't looking at much of an increase, even if his fee decreases. If he waits a year or even two, he then leaves on a seriously reduced fee/free, which then means he can pocket a much larger signing on fee. Further, in a year or two the economy will more than likely be in a better position so he would get a better wage too. I just do not see the need for him to move this Summer unless it is for a serious increase as Dortmund play in the CL and are in a very good league and he is only 19 on excellent money.

Well, let’s not forget this:

Ed Woodward - "We can do things in the transfer market that other clubs can only dream of. Watch this space."
Yes, but the thing with Woody is that he cannot always be believed. Remember the time he said he went all the way to Barcelona to just tell Pedro he wasn't going to be signing him?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yes, but the thing with Woody is that he cannot always be believed. Remember the time he said he went all the way to Barcelona to just tell Pedro he wasn't going to be signing him?
On this occasion, he can be believed. Since he made that statement, he went on to break multiple transfer records.

And when did he say he went to Barcelona to tell Pedro he won’t be signing him?

Rolaholic

Yea it'd be expected having his England mates talking him up but seeing Mata waxing lyrical about him publicly too makes me thing the dressing room might know something the rest of us don't...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Yea it'd be expected having his England mates talking him up but seeing Mata waxing lyrical about him publicly too makes me thing the dressing room might know something the rest of us don't...
Any team’s players will wax lyrical about him if they were constantly asked about him in interviews. He’s pretty good at footy.

Steven7290

'Should we sign Jadon Sancho?' said Mata.

'[Laughs] What do you want me to say?!

'We all know he's a great player, he's having a fantastic season at Borussia.

'But it's not my responsibility to speak about these things. I like him as a player but I cannot reply to that.'
that didnt mean much did it?

jamesjimmybyrondean

Sooo what if he decides to stay in Dortmund for another year? Do we sign a right winger or wait? I mean if he doesn't state that he will join us after

Bondi77

That is something that I have wondered about for a while;
Are the players aware of what the club is doing when it comes to targeting players and if so are they told that nothing is to be disclosed to anyone outside the club.
We have often heard the media b/s that Player X has told his teammates that he is going to Club X but that line has about a 25% strike rate.
The coaching staff would obviously know but I reckon the players would only know once the bidding process starts unless they are really good mates with the target

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
That is something that I have wondered about for a while;
Are the players aware of what the club is doing when it comes to targeting players and if so are they told that nothing is to be disclosed to anyone outside the club.
We have often heard the media b/s that Player X has told his teammates that he is going to Club X but that line has about a 25% strike rate.
The coaching staff would obviously know but I reckon the players would only know once the bidding process starts unless they are really good mates with the target
That's pretty much it. The players wouldn't be getting told anything by the club, but the likes of Rashford and Lingard (maybe Gomes?) might hear it from Sancho himself. Actually, I guess there is a chance that the club is pulling those players aside and telling them to encourage Sancho a bit. I doubt it though - more likely they'd be hearing the media reports and taking it upon themselves to do it.

Bondi77

That's pretty much it. The players wouldn't be getting told anything by the club, but the likes of Rashford and Lingard (maybe Gomes?) might hear it from Sancho himself. Actually, I guess there is a chance that the club is pulling those players aside and telling them to encourage Sancho a bit. I doubt it though - more likely they'd be hearing the media reports and taking it upon themselves to do it.
I remember a few years ago when Fergie wanted Benzema and he was telling Saha to try and convince him to come to us.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
An eventual fluid front 3 of Rashford Greenwood Sancho looks stunning on paper. Even replacing Greenwood with Martial in the immediate future would be outstanding.

Acole9

Outstanding
Paul Merson has said he won't be coming here. He's normally pretty reliable.

United Pro

I believe he said that no will spend £100m+ for Sancho in this current climate, plus I wouldn't say he's particularly reliable or not given that he doesn't ever release any transfer news himself.

croadyman

I believe he said that no will spend £100m+ for Sancho in this current climate, plus I wouldn't say he's particularly reliable or not given that he doesn't ever release any transfer news himself.
Yeah he is just saying that he can't see Sancho moving for £100m+ in this current situation

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Didnt he say that cost will be too high and in post corona virus world, it wont be ethical to splash that much money on one transfer? Him being reliable is a news to me.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'd genuinely be fine if this lad is the only player we signed in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.