Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

The German outlet reporting the news is followed by many reliable journos it seems.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

The German outlet reporting the news is followed by many reliable journos it seems.
May be the best time for them to sell, won't get a better offer next window with one year on the contract and I think we're the only club in England in a position to make an offer.

dal

The things you have to read here ffs.

this season Pogba has been mostly injured but there go some statistics from last season:

ManUtd
Most goals: Pogba
Most assists: Pogba
Most chances created: Pogba
7th man of the match awards

But sure Rashford and specially Fred have outperformed him and Bruno, who’s played like 5 games here, better him.

Educate yourself.
The things you have to read here ffs.

this season Pogba has been mostly injured but there go some statistics from last season:

ManUtd
Most goals: Pogba
Most assists: Pogba
Most chances created: Pogba
7th man of the match awards

But sure Rashford and specially Fred have outperformed him and Bruno, who’s played like 5 games here, better him.

Educate yourself.
I won’t derail the thread as we won’t agree.

However watching pogba over a season compared to rashford and Fred this season, he hasn’t had one better for us than those two have had this season.

For me it comes down to desire, it doesn’t seem to me he has it, he doesn’t seem to have a position for us. He’s a player that needs almost everything setup around him to be the best and unfortunately he isn’t a Ronaldo/messi/hazard/Aguero/

back on topic if I had to sell pogba to sign sancho I 100 percent would
I forgot how crazy of a place Caf could be :lol:
Don’t understand the laughter here.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The German source and Nizaar Kinsella who is a Chelsea correspondent for Goal approached BVB regarding their information and BVB have refused to speak on the matter.

PoTMS

How much would Havertz be? If we can't get Sancho for a reasonable price, break the bank for Havertz instead.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
A deal should already be done by the time the window opens if we know what we are doing.
Oh? It will only be done if we offer Dortmund something that they can't refuse. In the age of covid I suspect there will be a gulf between the expectations of both clubs at least in the early days of the transfer window.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I’d take Greenwood over Haaland.
I have watched Haaland twice over the past couple of weeks and he just reminds me of Lukaku but not as good.
It’s still too early to predict if Greenwood will go on to become a top 3 player. But I definitely see Rashford being in contention.

Haaland can justify the buzz at the moment but to become one of the top 3 players in the world, strikers need to have a lot more involvement in a game than just scoring goals. Suarez or Harry Kane come to mind, Aguero joins the conversation sometimes as well. Rooney was a prime example from the last generation too.

Reactions: Sultan

Brightonian

It’s a good record, that isn’t the point. Mason Greenwood’s record at 17 and 18 this season is irrelevant. Rayan Cherki is widely regarded as the best teenager in the game. He’s probably scored one or two at most this season. He’s 16, it doesn’t make another teenager better. They are too young for their records to be relevant. Just watch them both. Greenwood is more talented to me. Even if he isn’t, he’s not less talented because Haaland scored more goals this season. That isn’t how it works for players their age.

I’ve watched them both play. Haaland is an average footballer but a fantastic striker/goalscorer. He has a nose for goal, but most importantly, he is physically ready to play as a centre forward right now. Main difference. Despite his superior goal tally, he isn’t even a better finisher than Greenwood. He isn’t as technically gifted either. I wouldn’t swap him for Greenwood in a million years.
I agree with this.

Haaland is like Rooney. Most of his game has matured very early. Particularly his physicality, his finishing, his winning mentality (which is his outstanding quality, and not to be disregarded). His understanding of how to be effective up front is really advanced for his age too.

Greenwood is further behind on the development curve, especially physically, but he has more potential strings to his bow. He has the capacity to be a better passer, a better dribbler, a more creative player and better at shooting from range. He may never score as many goals as Haaland but he will rely less on his team to create them for him, and he will create more for others.

Trex

It’s still too early to predict if Greenwood will go on to become a top 3 player. But I definitely see Rashford being in contention.

Haaland can justify the buzz at the moment but to become one of the top 3 players in the world, strikers need to have a lot more involvement in a game than just scoring goals. Suarez or Harry Kane come to mind, Aguero joins the conversation sometimes as well. Rooney was a prime example from the last generation too.
I agree Greenwood has that ability to link up with his teammates and create chances as well with the added tool of being able to drift to the right side when playing centre forward plus his goal scoring is great already,His main challenge is to improve his strength and stamina and not get big headed while at it,things that tend to come with age.Haaland movement are great,He is physically built already plus a very good finisher,the challenge for him when moving to a bigger club would be similar to Lukaku,I think he would adapt better but won't be a natural like Greenwood...elite clubs play with highly technical and fluid centre forwards who facilitate play alongside their ability to score goals this is why I would stick with Greenwood

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's a complete nothing article. Their "exclusive" info is that Sancho does not want to extend his contract, which is what everyone has been assuming for at least a year anyway.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
It's a complete nothing article. Their "exclusive" info is that Sancho does not want to extend his contract, which is what everyone has been assuming for at least a year anyway.
Actually their article is better then others because they are actually claiming that Sancho won't renew his contract whereas other tabloids are on the fence regarding this issue.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I agree Greenwood has that ability to link up with his teammates and create chances as well with the added tool of being able to drift to the right side when playing centre forward plus his goal scoring is great already,His main challenge is to improve his strength and stamina and not get big headed while at it,things that tend to come with age.Haaland movement are great,He is physically built already plus a very good finisher,the challenge for him when moving to a bigger club would be similar to Lukaku,I think he would adapt better but won't be a natural like Greenwood...elite clubs play with highly technical and fluid centre forwards who facilitate play alongside their ability to score goals this is why I would stick with Greenwood
I think people are making abit too much about Haalands physical ability. He was prt of a very talented Norwegian U17-team when he was 16. At the time he was the same size as the other boys but still very good.

While his physical attributes gives him huge potential he is not using it much at all yet. It is almost as he dont know how to. And it is not that surprising, because he is still just 19 and he has played with grown men since the age of 15-16. He has adapted to avoiding grown men while he was still a boy.

For now he has played more like OGS or Inzaghi, popping up in the box at the right place and time benefiting from great movement creating space for himself. But when he finds out that he also can start bullying defenders he will be great.

Technically he is not great, but in my opinion he looks a lot better than Lukaku. His touch and linkup play is actually really underrated. I think quite a few thought that his touch for the first goal against PSG was a fluke. It was not at all. Of that I’m sure.

Trex

I think people are making abit too much about Haalands physical ability. He was prt of a very talented Norwegian U17-team when he was 16. At the time he was the same size as the other boys but still very good.

While his physical attributes gives him huge potential he is not using it much at all yet. It is almost as he dont know how to. And it is not that surprising, because he is still just 19 and he has played with grown men since the age of 15-16. He has adapted to avoiding grown men while he was still a boy.

For now he has played more like OGS or Inzaghi, popping up in the box at the right place and time benefiting from great movement creating space for himself. But when he finds out that he also can start bullying defenders he will be great.

Technically he is not great, but in my opinion he looks a lot better than Lukaku. His touch and linkup play is actually really underrated. I think quite a few thought that his touch for the first goal against PSG was a fluke. It was not at all. Of that I’m sure.
Am not saying his touch is as bad as lukaku,just saying he won't get to that Van persie,Ibrahimovic level that I think Greenwood can get to..
.considering we already have Rashford,Martial and are heavily linked with Sancho whomever players center forward must facilitate fluidity,He is the kind of striker that has to play with creators around him not the kind of forwards we have

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Not fully fit yet but got two goals already today. I hope we do get him, quality player and would improve us so much.

That said, I don't take the goal and assists numbers seriously, Dortmund have padded stats.

Sparky Rhiwabon

• Do not bump up transfer threads if that player has performed well or bad. Do that in the football forum, this is strictly related to speculation.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He’s rubbish don’t sign him can’t even get a hat trick against Bayern
My point technically still stands...

He only scores hat tricks against weaker sides by positioning himself excellently in the box and finishing well with his left and right foot how could anyone want to sign this turd of a player?!

;)

Garry Buck

No way Dortmund lower asking price for him. We either pay up or we lose him to another team. End of story.

dbs235

No way Dortmund lower asking price for him. We either pay up or we lose him to another team. End of story.
He's 100% going to be worth whatever they're asking for him. If Atletico and Barca can spend £100m+ on Felxi and Coutinho then we should spend £100m+ on Sancho.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
He's 100% going to be worth whatever they're asking for him. If Atletico and Barca can spend £100m+ on Felxi and Coutinho then we should spend £100m+ on Sancho.
Well in all fairness, we were about to spend a huge chunk on acquiring, and, paying him over the next decade.
But that was pre-covid. Will be tough to spend top $ for him going forward.

However I still believe this transfer will go through but it’ll be stretched out late into the window.
Best case scenario: We end up being the only serious interested buyer this summer and use that to our advantage and save 10/20 mil. While keeping the upfront payment as low as possible.
Worst case scenario: There is serious competition for him. We don’t end up saving much on the asking price. We acquire him by agreeing on a payment plan that will suit us in the short term with higher performance based bonuses (which should be fair, if we do end up winning trophies to justify those bonuses).

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
My point technically still stands...

He only scores hat tricks against weaker sides by positioning himself excellently in the box and finishing well with his left and right foot how could anyone want to sign this turd of a player?!

;)
His excellent positioning and finishing is what we need.

Who else would you rather sign?

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
We need to go all in for Sancho. 2nd best young talent in the world after Mbappe. 17 goals and 17 assists in the league this season is crazy.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Under normal circumstances, yes but these aren't normal circumstances.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Did he play on the left or right today?
Left mainly first half, spent a lot of it on the right in the 2nd also.

Scored 2 goals in the middle of the box and 1 on the right.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
His excellent positioning and finishing is what we need.

Who else would you rather sign?
How did you not detect the sarcasm in that post? Haha!

I was joking And referring back to the Bayern game where people were writing him off for one bad performance.

I’m 100% on board the Sancho express from Borussia with love.

Status
Not open for further replies.