Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Depressing and hopefully unjustified thought, but do you think his support of George Floyd could potentially impact the Glaziers commitment to making funds available for us to get him?

They're American, big-business, who funded Trump's presidential campaign. Like I said, hopefully this is nothing, but given how much is relied on our global brand and marketability to huge corps, I do have a horrible feeling this may be considered.

American establishment have hardly been keen on their promoted athletes taking stances of late.

Rolaholic

Depressing and hopefully unjustified thought, but do you think his support of George Floyd could potentially impact the Glaziers commitment to making funds available for us to get him?

They're American, big-business, who funded Trump's presidential campaign. Like I said, hopefully this is nothing, but given how much is relied on our global brand and marketability to huge corps, I do have a horrible feeling this may be considered.

American establishment have hardly been keen on their promoted athletes taking stances of late.
He became a top trending topic worldwide while getting praised enormously and was shown on newscasts everywhere, I'm pretty sure the club would be even more eager to sign him up with his profile increasing big time pretty much overnight

Remember the geese

No chance. Rashford (amongst others at the club) has shown his support for George Floyd too. Should we sell him?

Betson

Will have no bearing on it , anyway the issue is not a very continuous one . No matter what side of the political divide you are on the vast majority of people were disgusted with how Floyd died. Everyone wants justice in this case , it is not really a dividing issue.

SAFMUTD

He just turned 20. Even if they are inflated, his age tells the story.

For comparison, Zaha when he won player of the year at age 19-20 in the Championship had 8 goals and 12 assists. Sancho at the same age in a superior league has 20 goals and 20 assists in 1000 less minutes of playing time.
Im not arguing he’s quality, of course he is. All indicators say he’ll be one of the great top players of this generation.

Im just saying the bundesliga isn’t on the level of the premier league and I dont think he’ll be able to replicate those numbers if he come here.

Rolaholic

The club putting this out should quell those earlier concerns over Sancho trying to bring light to a hot button issue and how it would reflect on the Glazers.

The likes of Rashford and Pogba have also put out statements in solidarity since as well which the club has also reposted on their feeds

lysglimt

Scout
Brilliant? :lol: Huge reach.

The post you quoted is definitely incorrect and I don’t think you can doubt Sancho’s talent at all, but there has been some right duds from the Bundesliga recently.

Naby Keita was a prime box to box machine there and he can’t displace a midfield of runners at Liverpool. Sebastian Haller cost £45m and he has 7 goals in 27 matches this season. Joelinton cost £40m and he has 1 in 29. Luka Jovic - similar fee similar stats at Madrid etc.

I think that league is slowly regressing into a league filled with stupidly offensive tactics and a surplus of youth players. At the risk of offending their fans, it’s becoming a juiced up Eredivisie at this point.
One could argue that Joelintons stats were almost equally bad in other Leagues (so why Newcastle signed him - god knows)

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Daddy Daddy want want.
:lol:

Even if they did have a problem with players taking stances I think the climate has shifted. If Kaepernick kneeled during the anthem now I don't think the vocal criticism would be quite as angry from the NFL as it was then. Trump and his ilk can talk as much shite as they want but for the most part they'll be ignored.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Im not arguing he’s quality, of course he is. All indicators say he’ll be one of the great top players of this generation.

Im just saying the bundesliga isn’t on the level of the premier league and I dont think he’ll be able to replicate those numbers if he come here.
Joelinton was never a good player in the first place.

Haller looked good at first but West Ham fell apart like normal. Jovic has obviously had an awful time at Madrid but he played very well against Chelsea in the EL last year, so he can do it against premier league opposition.

Anyway people can be hesitant all they like, but sometimes its just obvious they'll be a good player. Many were like this over Bruno Fernandes too "oh it's just the Portuguese league"

dbs235

Being Man Utd's & England's star RW for the next 10 years has to be atrractive for him.

crossy1686

career ending

Sancho wasn't the person that kneeled on someone's neck until the died. He's done nothing to dissuade a bid.

SAFMUTD

Haller looked good at first but West Ham fell apart like normal. Jovic has obviously had an awful time at Madrid but he played very well against Chelsea in the EL last year, so he can do it against premier league opposition.

Anyway people can be hesitant all they like, but sometimes its just obvious they'll be a good player. Many were like this over Bruno Fernandes too "oh it's just the Portuguese league"
Jeez calm down, Im not saying he’s a bust he’s the most exciting english player at the moment if he can get 60% of those numbers in england I think he’s well worth the money.

He will only get better, my critique was not against him it was against poor defending in the bundesliga.

kirk buttercup

I can see him coming and taking the 7 jersey . He will look to build a Legacy similiar to Ronaldo or Beckham becoming one of the top players in the world wearing the famous 7 for United and becoming a global superstar in the next generation of Rising Stars . It just makes sense

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I can see him coming and taking the 7 jersey . He will look to build a Legacy similiar to Ronaldo or Beckham becoming one of the top players in the world wearing the famous 7 for United and becoming a global superstar in the next generation of Rising Stars . It just makes sense
Real bound in 2025?:nervous:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I watched a few highlights of Jadon Sancho's goals, there was one goal where he was running towards goal and the defender went sliding in, completely missed the ball the man and all he had to do is keep running in the same direction and score.

Go to 1:30.

The quality of Bundesliga is not as good as some people make it out to be.
He's not trying to tackle the ball or the man. He's trying to get himself in a position to block the shot. He's taken a chance that Sancho shoots there. He's just as likely to shoot as he is to take another touch.

The real problem here is the general poor organisation of the defence. The right back gets caught far too high up the pitch, and instead of dropping in to cover, the CB gets drawn towards the ball. The last ditch attempt to get in between the player and the goal is exactly that, last ditch.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Under normal circumstances, yes but these aren't normal circumstances.
We shouldn’t sign him then if we can only afford a discount. Why would Dortmund want to sell him for cheap anyway, just wait for another year when everything back to normal, they could still sell him for around the same.

Womp

idiot
We shouldn’t sign him then if we can only afford a discount. Why would Dortmund want to sell him for cheap anyway, just wait for another year when everything back to normal, they could still sell him for around the same.
That's under the assumption it ever goes 'back to normal'. The bubble burst. The future of the world is up in the air at the moment, let alone football.

Wouldn't be surprised if clubs were reluctant to spend astronomical amounts on a single player like they use to, for some time.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'd be delighted to be proven wrong as I'd love him at United I really would but I just think it's going to be hard to do a deal for him this window. Only chance I can see it happening is if we do manage to shift 3 to 4 players for decent fees. I don't think we will have a high net spend this summer. Nobody will.

Lets see what happens with the league and EL. If we qualify for the CL then we have more of a chance. Without it it's not happening in a million years.

romufc

I'd be delighted to be proven wrong as I'd love him at United I really would but I just think it's going to be hard to do a deal for him this window. Only chance I can see it happening is if we do manage to shift 3 to 4 players for decent fees. I don't think we will have a high net spend this summer. Nobody will.

Lets see what happens with the league and EL. If we qualify for the CL then we have more of a chance. Without it it's not happening in a million years.

I also think it depends when the transfer window opens and closes? Is it going to be 3 months? Will it be closed before the next season starts? There are just too many question marks.

Uefa plan to play CL and EL in August, so it seems the players will not have a summer break either.

GioF

The fact Sancho can play all over the front three I wouldn’t be that upset if we had to wait six months to get a deal completed. However we must bring in a quality wide player who prefers the right side.

Redcy

Being Man Utd's & England's star RW for the next 10 years has to be atrractive for him.
ftfy:

Being Man Utd's/Man City’s/Real/Barca’s & England's star RW for the next 10 years has to be atrractive for him.

cyberman

Barca have had a disjointed attack for years, thats the last place he should go to.

Craig Ward

Sancho is the standout player in the Bundesliga, no doubt. He's by far the best young player in that league and plays in a fluid attacking system that suits him.

He would look different in the PL with us, we dont play the same way as Dortmund and our league is more demanding. He has the ability to step up though, thats what good players do.

Joelinton and Haller both looked decent in the Bundesliga, but they both play for teams with little emphasis on attack. Being a sole striker in a defensive team is tough, and doesnt give them the best chance to showcase they're striking abilities. Poor club choice for both of them in truth.

Jovic is one of many to struggle at Madrid. Shock. It happens. He's Benzema's replacement but he's hardly been given a chance and the spotlight and fan pressure is immense there. They cant even get behind Bale. Many a great player doesnt live up to Real's expectations.

Adam-Utd

Sancho is the standout player in the Bundesliga, no doubt. He's by far the best young player in that league and plays in a fluid attacking system that suits him.

He would look different in the PL with us, we dont play the same way as Dortmund and our league is more demanding. He has the ability to step up though, thats what good players do.

Joelinton and Haller both looked decent in the Bundesliga, but they both play for teams with little emphasis on attack. Being a sole striker in a defensive team is tough, and doesnt give them the best chance to showcase they're striking abilities. Poor club choice for both of them in truth.

Jovic is one of many to struggle at Madrid. Shock. It happens. He's Benzema's replacement but he's hardly been given a chance and the spotlight and fan pressure is immense there. They cant even get behind Bale. Many a great player doesnt live up to Real's expectations.
He's extremely good in tight areas, he doesn't just excel when there is space. That's what's so good about him. He has almost perfect decision making when space opens up, but has Hazard like control, agility and dribbling in tight space.

Pep's Suit

I think you guys will sign him but even in this situation he has to cost £80-90m + add-ons.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
That's under the assumption it ever goes 'back to normal'. The bubble burst. The future of the world is up in the air at the moment, let alone football.

Wouldn't be surprised if clubs were reluctant to spend astronomical amounts on a single player like they use to, for some time.
Yes but you never know, Sancho is one of the very best young player in the world, Dortmund isn't asking for unrealistic price like 160-200m.
Even if most club would consider 100m too much for a player (which is equivalent to Sanchez 5 years salary), there will always be some sugar daddy club (PSG) or mega rich club (Real Madrid, Barca) willing to pay that sum for a 20 year old player, who could deliver over 10 years of top class service to the club.

mav_9me

Nope. You pick a side quickly and hope to God you don't say anything that contradicts the general sentiment.
Brilliant? :lol: Huge reach.

The post you quoted is definitely incorrect and I don’t think you can doubt Sancho’s talent at all, but there has been some right duds from the Bundesliga recently.

Naby Keita was a prime box to box machine there and he can’t displace a midfield of runners at Liverpool. Sebastian Haller cost £45m and he has 7 goals in 27 matches this season. Joelinton cost £40m and he has 1 in 29. Luka Jovic - similar fee similar stats at Madrid etc.

I think that league is slowly regressing into a league filled with stupidly offensive tactics and a surplus of youth players. At the risk of offending their fans, it’s becoming a juiced up Eredivisie at this point.
Very well said. Spot on.

They are businessmen. Money is the bottom line. I would guess they are racist but at the same time I would wager they don't give a feck about this. As I said money is the bottom line.

He's extremely good in tight areas, he doesn't just excel when there is space. That's what's so good about him. He has almost perfect decision making when space opens up, but has Hazard like control, agility and dribbling in tight space.
I would argue that's his biggest strength. In and around the box his passing and decision making are his biggest strengths imo. He doesn't have Mbappe/Rashford level pace to be scary in space.

Adam-Utd

Very well said. Spot on.

They are businessmen. Money is the bottom line. I would guess they are racist but at the same time I would wager they don't give a feck about this. As I said money is the bottom line.

I would argue that's his biggest strength. In and around the box his passing and decision making are his biggest strengths imo. He doesn't have Mbappe/Rashford level pace to be scary in space.
Maybe not the highest top speed but he's easily fast enough, he can carry the ball at a great speed under control which is the most important.

pascell

James Robson (not sure how credible he is) has tweeted saying Ole wants to see how Greenwood develops over the next 6 months, we're glad we extended the Ighalo loan as it's a short term fix and allows us to focus all our energy and funds in Sancho.

kirk buttercup

James Robson (not sure how credible he is) has tweeted saying Ole wants to see how Greenwood develops over the next 6 months, we're glad we extended the Ighalo loan as it's a short term fix and allows us to focus all our energy and funds in Sancho.
Great stuff, Greenwood is definitely one for the future and should be given time to gain experience without pressure to perform week in week out . If Sancho is signed We are looking very good up front for years to come IMO . A choice of Sancho , Greenwood, Rashford , Martial and Igalo next season with Pogba and Bruno behind them is mouth watering .

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It’s ideal, although I’d say we’d need a solution for the next 18 months to really bridge the gap between Martial and Greenwood. I think at 20, which is October 2021 - Greenwood would be ready to make a real challenge for Martial’s shirt. Ideally Ighalo or similar would be in place until then, and will be coming to a natural end with us around that time. It’s why I don’t see the sense in signing a Haaland or even Werner/Dembele. What happens to them in 18 months when Greenwood is 20? I’m not advocating promising Mason a spot in the future, but at least give him a chance to fight for it if he keeps showing the potential to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.