Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

It just goes to show what the media know;
Loads of crap about Sancho and Utd but nothing about Werner and Chelsea.
Posters take note.

croadyman

Posters take note.
Yeah it broke in Germany earlier today and then the UK press picked it up tonight. Feels a bit like the Fabinho deal to Liverpool or Martial to Utd

FCAES_7

It's hard to read comments like why would Sancho come here!! We are arguably one of the top 3 clubs in the world even if we are not winning!! Every player comes here becomes an instant superstar..we are the only team that know how to create a superstars both on the pitch and off the pitch. I get when people say it's easier for him to go to Madrid, Barca or a club that currently fight for trophies, but 2 and half years ago who imagined Liverpool being where they are now, and I personally don't believe we are far away from competing again. Sancho potentially will be an integral part and he will be sold the idea of what Manchester United is, especially being the most active club during this pandemic

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
It means he'll give less of a shit than Rashford, who grew up with people banging on about it.
*In your opinion

And with the assumption Sancho doesn't care about football or tradition. The number 7 is special at United but also quite sought after world wide.

edcunited1878

*In your opinion

And with the assumption Sancho doesn't care about football or tradition. The number 7 is special at United but also quite sought after world wide.
The only other number he could get and would fit is 11. But he's currently wearing 7 and knows the uniqueness of 7 at United. If Sancho signs with United in the future, he'll get 7. Bale can get 11, hahaha!

TheReligion

Abusive
I think it's a fair assumption that Rashford cares more about Man United history than Sancho. I might be wrong (but I'm not).
I think the point is its not just about United history as the 7 is well reviered within football as a magic number.

Besides Rashford wanted the 10 and had the choice.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I think the point is its not just about United history as the 7 is well reviered within football as a magic number.

Besides Rashford wanted the 10 and had the choice.
Well, that's not the point of my post that you quoted, was it.?

Rashford definitely did not have the choice of taking the 7 off of Sanchez at the start of 2018/19. Biggest earner at the club and 7 was his number at Arsenal and he also took it at Inter as soon as he could. No chance Jose would've stripped him to give it to a kid.

Rashford chose the 10 instead of his old 19, not over all the other numbers from 1-99! Do you really think he had his pick of the lot?

TheReligion

Abusive
Well, that's not the point of my post that you quoted, was it.?

Rashford definitely did not have the choice of taking the 7 off of Sanchez at the start of 2018/19. Biggest earner at the club and 7 was his number at Arsenal and he also took it at Inter as soon as he could. No chance Jose would've stripped him to give it to a kid.

Rashford chose the 10 instead of his old 19, not over all the other numbers from 1-99! Do you really think he had his pick of the lot?
What is your point then? Give the 7 to Rashford and Sancho something else? My point is Sancho would be attracted to the 7 shirt at United and being made a key player.

I'm sure I've read Rashford doesn't see himself as a 7.

jlecesne

Not so sure about this.

Something in our latest financial report indicates that we probably have to sell a little bit before we starts to invest in new expensive players again. Don’t hold your breath to early before you see the likes of Jones, Rojo, Pereira and Sanchez out of our financial books.
I hate to be a pessimist. But, I agree that we will have to create room to afford Sancho and my fear is that smaller clubs wont be able to afford the likes of Sanchez, Smalling, Lindgard, etc.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Posters take note.
It is a reminder. I’ve seen so many United blogs making images of him in our shirt; or openly referring to him as a United player.

All it takes is a ‘in the last 24 hours, x have accelerated efforts to sign Jadon Sancho, and a deal could be concluded within the coming hours’ tweet. Seen it so many times before. We are all hopeful here, but can’t take anything for granted at this stage.

Strelok

Give it to Rashford. He deserves it.

Local bloke, fans love him, good dude.

It'll actually mean something to him. Sancho grew up with Owen as your 7.
Agree, but he's already fixed on that 10 I think. And it's better this way imo.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I hope we pull all the stops out for this one as it just makes so much sense doesn't it. Being a United fan seeing a quality number 7 at Old Trafford is really important. I've been lucky enough to see Cantona and Ronaldo but we are well over due a flying tricky wide player and he certainly fits the profile we are seeking.
Aye it does, it seems like the absolutely right deal at the right time. Give him the 7 jersey, complete our attacking outlet and we finally have that player for the right hand side that we have been missing.

Thinking of potential line ups next season for us has me feeling all tingly :drool:

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
It's easier perhaps for Chelsea because on the outside, it would seem Dortmund are a greedier club. They've been on the receiving end quite a few times but it's hard to know when this could happen. Dortmund you'd think would want replacements in before hand anyway because you don't want to devalue the money. It's complicated. A lot hinges on Jadon. Werner was a decent price for Chelsea but every clubs financial situation is different and maybe Werner just wanted to leave. I just feel, Dortmund took a chance and whatever they get for him, they've won the lottery. So they go for others but this potentially drives up the youth prices over time - hopefully Dortmund are reasonable and the player wants to come

steve88

It's easier perhaps for Chelsea because on the outside, it would seem Dortmund are a greedier club. They've been on the receiving end quite a few times but it's hard to know when this could happen. Dortmund you'd think would want replacements in before hand anyway because you don't want to devalue the money. It's complicated. A lot hinges on Jadon. Werner was a decent price for Chelsea but every clubs financial situation is different and maybe Werner just wanted to leave. I just feel, Dortmund took a chance and whatever they get for him, they've won the lottery. So they go for others but this potentially drives up the youth prices over time - hopefully Dortmund are reasonable and the player wants to come
You think Sancho will join Chelsea havent they already signed a new winger and going for wermer surely means they aren't going for sancho to.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
Just out of Interest where does this idea that United are getting Sancho come from? Haven't United already announced that they can't spend big this summer?

RkkMan

Just out of Interest where does this idea that United are getting Sancho come from? Haven't United already announced that they can't spend big this summer?
He didn`t exactly say that he just said it won`t be "business as usual" and the big money talk was mostly alluded to the ridiculous links to Kane worth 200m, He afterwards said Utd intend to remain active in the market despite the pandemic and emphasized we are still healthy financially.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
You're a Chelsea fan. You need to keep asking the forgiveness of the Lord given your clubs corrupt transfer dealings.
guess someone forgot about the whole Mikel transfer mess then and how you profited from the dark arts.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
guess someone forgot about the whole Mikel transfer mess then and how you profited from the dark arts.
You what? We signed a player fair and square, before Chelsea and agents conspired to get him out of an already concluded deal, and we basically had to sell him to you.

TheReligion

Abusive
You what? We signed a player fair and square, before Chelsea and agents conspired to get him out of an already concluded deal, and we basically had to sell him to you.
I don't think he realised what happened as if anything it further proves the point as to how shady they have been operating over the years!

steve88

The moderators need to do something this thread is no longer just about oppions on sancho joining

romufc

Chelsea have just gone and shown how transfers should be carried out.

Whereas Manutd keep on dilly dallying on the transfers.

I really do hope we can get Sancho, would be a real coup.

Be a bummer if he goes to Liverpool though.

steve88

I hope we get sancho but werner is not 100% a chelsea player yet

Nero

Werner has a release clause that needs activating in a matter of days. That's why that deal is moving now.

romufc

I hope we get sancho but werner is not 100% a chelsea player yet
I know he isnt a Chelsea player but we also have to admit the way they conduct their transfers is pretty efficient.

How often were they linked to ZIyech, Pulisic, Werner?

Now compare that with how many times we are linked with Sancho, from last summer.

So much so, that most fans believe we have signed him... including him in the line up for next season.

The caf is going to be quite toxic if another team gets to him before us.

romufc

Werner has a release clause that needs activating in a matter of days. That's why that deal is moving now
Do you remember when Fellaini had a release clause that we didn't activate and then paid more?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I know he isnt a Chelsea player but we also have to admit the way they conduct their transfers is pretty efficient.

Now compare that with how many times we are linked with Sancho, from last summer.

So much so, that most fans believe we have signed him... including him in the line up for next season.

None of that has anything to do with how the club conduct business.

The season hasn’t ended, the window isn’t open. It is no travesty that we haven’t gone out and broken the British record yet!

Nero

Do you remember when Fellaini had a release clause that we didn't activate and then paid more?
Yeah, 7 years ago. Not sure how that relates to dallying now?

We're not going to announce Sancho while the Bundesliga is still ongoing.

romufc

None of that has anything to do with how the club conduct business.
Why not?

Yeah, 7 years ago. Not sure how that relates to dallying now?
Are you actually trying to tell me that we dont dally?

I will give you recent examples then.. Dan James... Harry Maguire... Bruno Fernandes.

Yes, I know we won't do that because we are not as efficient as other teams.

Chelsea announced Ziyech when the window was closed and Eredivise was going on

Liverpool announced Keita and the Bungesliga was still ongoing.

Do you want me to keep going?

El Zoido

United generates by far the most media noise, you shouldn’t listen to gossip and ITK’s. We really don’t know anything about how the club is conducting business these days. Historically it’s been poor but we’ve recruited well this past year. You also have to remember that we have to haggle a lot more, we’re not ogliarch-backed. Transfer fee is one thing, but there’s a lot of money that changes hands, wheels are greased, where the likes of City and Chelsea can far easier accomplish it.

romufc

United generates by far the most media noise, you shouldn’t listen to gossip and ITK’s. We really don’t know anything about how the club is conducting business these days. Historically it’s been poor but we’ve recruited well this past year. You also have to remember that we have to haggle a lot more, we’re not ogliarch-backed. Transfer fee is one thing, but there’s a lot of money that changes hands, wheels are greased, where the likes of City and Chelsea can far easier accomplish it.
I appreciate that and understand it. We generate alot of media coverage on our transfers which sometimes drives the price up.

There is still nothing wrong in the statement I made. Chelsea are efficient in their transfer dealings.

I know people say transfer window is not open and that but hypothetically, lets say another team come in for Sancho and agree a deal in principle.

The same fans will be on here saying how we missed out on him.

Nero

Why not?

I will give you recent examples then.. Dan James... Harry Maguire... Bruno Fernandes.

Yes, we do seem to take our time completing deals, which is frustrating.

But I don't see what reason there is to say that right now United are dallying.

Do you expect United to be announcing a transfer today?

romufc

Yes, we do seem to take our time completing deals, which is frustrating.

But I don't see what reason there is to say that right now United are dallying.

Do you expect United to be announcing a transfer today?
I didn't say we need to sign him now.

So why do fans think we will sign Sancho?

Just annoyed at the fact that our transfers seem to take an age from interest to signing the player.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Because I doubt the club are the ones writing endless newspaper articles about Jadon Sancho. We will sign, or try to sign him, when he is ready to leave and his club is ready to sell. Which will be this summer, according to these hundreds of reports you have mentioned.

And we announced Fred and Dalot before the World Cup. And announced Schneiderlein before you even knew we were after him I suspect! Lukaku done in 48 hours.

You getting worked up for nothing. What difference does it make that signings are not concluded now? Every deal is different. I’d like to see Chelsea go and get Mbappé out of Paris in 24 hours. The deals you are referring to are record deals from clubs reluctant to sell like Maguire, or Sancho. But everyone clap for Chelsea for meeting the release clause, which was more than reasonable, for Werner.

Liverpool took ages to sign Keita by the way. They battled to get him in summer 17, and failed, with multiple bids all window. They then agreed a deal to buy him (for his release clause!), a whole year later. Meanwhile you have complaints that we took ‘too long’ to sign Dan James - a player who joined last summer in time to have a full pre-season with us, but not quickly enough for you? Not to mention he had the small distraction of burying his father during the process.

We’ll see how long it takes to get Chilwell done too. If they do it in 24 hours because they are more than happy to pay £85m for him, then they have worse people than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.