Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

Because I doubt the club are the ones writing endless newspaper articles about Jadon Sancho. We will sign, or try to sign him, when he is ready to leave and his club is ready to sell. Which will be this summer, according to these hundreds of reports you have mentioned.

And we announced Fred and Dalot before the World Cup. And announced Schneiderlein before you even knew we were after him I suspect! Lukaku done in 48 hours.

You getting worked up for nothing. What difference does it make that signings are not concluded now? Every deal is different. I’d like to see Chelsea go and get Mbappé out of Paris in 24 hours. The deals you are referring to are record deals from clubs reluctant to sell like Maguire, or Sancho. But everyone clap for Chelsea for meeting the release clause, which was more than reasonable, for Werner.

Liverpool took ages to sign Keita by the way. They battled to get him in summer 17, and failed, with multiple bids all window. They then agreed a deal to buy him (for his release clause!), a whole year later. Meanwhile you have complaints that we took ‘too long’ to sign Dan James - a player who joined last summer in time to have a full pre-season with us, but not quickly enough for you? Not to mention he had the small distraction of burying his father during the process.

We’ll see how long it takes to get Chilwell done too. If they do it in 24 hours because they are more than happy to pay £85m for him, then they have worse people than us.

As the other poster said.. 7 years ago.. so didn't want to hear about it.

Again.. I am not suggesting we need to conclude our signings right now.

The Keita one was to your response about the Bundesliga is still on going. Alot of teams sign players whilst leagues are ongoing.

As you mentioned, we will sign players when they are ready, so why is everyone convinced we will get Sancho?

Didnt Fernandes have a release clause?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

The Keita one was to your response about the Bundesliga is still on going. Alot of teams sign players whilst leagues are ongoing.

As you mentioned, we will sign players when they are ready, so why is everyone convinced we will get Sancho?

So what is it you ARE suggesting then?

RkkMan

You are dreaming of you think BVB will even discuss a fee for a player as important as Sancho when the season is on going they are much tougher negotiators than Leipzig or any German team in general bar maybe Bayern. Werner had a cheap buy out clause active for any team to pay that was a pretty straight forward deal much as Chelsea have done well to get him. Not saying Sancho is a certainty but its a deal of a different magnitude which you will have to be patient with especially knowing how Utd can drag their heels.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I know a lot of people do not want to hear it but I do not see Sancho moving this Summer. For me, it makes absolutely no sense for him, as the following applies:

1) He only has two years left, Dortmund are quoting £100m+ and is only 19 years old.

Thus, wait a year and his fee goes down. This is a win for Sancho as he gets a bigger signing on fee and it is a win for the buying club as it gets to sign him on a lower fee. Further even if both parties wait until 2022 he is still only going to be 21 and would be be a free agent, so it is not exactly vital for him to leave, especially as he plays in the third best league in Europe.

2) He is already on £190k. How much more is he going to get if he leaves now for a £100m+ fee? My feeling is not much so he does not have any real financial pressure to leave.

3) Dortmund have a very good young squad. Dortmund next season are going to be in a very good position to push for the Bundesliga, more so than Utd with Sancho in it against City/Dippers 2021 for the PL. So, from a winning perspective he is probably better off and from a career perspective to say you have won league titles in different countries is better than just the one.

Honestly, the only person I see really benefitting from Sancho leaving this year from his side is his agent.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I know a lot of people do not want to hear it but I do not see Sancho moving this Summer. For me, it makes absolutely no sense for him, as the following applies:

1) He only has two years left, Dortmund are quoting £100m+ and is only 19 years old.

Thus, wait a year and his fee goes down. This is a win for Sancho as he gets a bigger signing on fee and it is a win for the buying club as it gets to sign him on a lower fee. Further even if both parties wait until 2022 he is still only going to be 21 and would be be a free agent, so it is not exactly vital for him to leave, especially as he plays in the third best league in Europe.

2) He is already on £190k. How much more is he going to get if he leaves now for a £100m+ fee? My feeling is not much so he does not have any real financial pressure to leave.

3) Dortmund have a very good young squad. Dortmund next season are going to be in a very good position to push for the Bundesliga, more so than Utd with Sancho in it against City/Dippers 2021 for the PL. So, from a winning perspective he is probably better off and from a career perspective to say you have won league titles in different countries is better than just the one.

Honestly, the only person I see really benefitting from Sancho leaving this year from his side is his agent.
Well I would have thought so!

Jokes aside, I know what you meant. But I disagree. Sancho has a greater chance of winning the PL next season with United than he does of winning the BL with Dortmund in my opinion.

kirk buttercup

Hi Ed,

Deals can be agreed before the window opens, but can't be registered until the window opens.
Hi Adam ,

Fair enough. But there are more factors I would imagine . Maybe Dortmund are trying to get a replacement in and dont want to be brought to the cleaners with their Sancho Money , maybe United want to announce him over the summer after the conclusion of the league for marketing purposes . Maybe he isn't coming . Who knows ? , I certainly wont be panicking because United haven't announced anyone before the window opens .

Teja

Given the lack of any other transfer buzz around us, I'm expecting we're fairly certain about Sancho (or) our backup RW target.

The only other noise was for CM / DM roles and even there we're not linked with even moderately expensive transfers (~50M), instead preferring to look for youth / rotation options.

It looks like the player is up for it and I don't think we'll let the deal fall apart due to the transfer fee - he's simply too important.

tjb

Given the lack of any other transfer buzz around us, I'm expecting we're fairly certain about Sancho (or) our backup RW target.

The only other noise was for CM / DM roles and even there we're not linked with even moderately expensive transfers (~50M), instead preferring to look for youth / rotation options.

It looks like the player is up for it and I don't think we'll let the deal fall apart due to the transfer fee - he's simply too important.
I agree. I think we may have planned to spend more this summer on up for grab positions within the squad like centre back and striker, but Covid 19 put a halt to that. Due to this, we may be focusing on signing Sancho is the marquee signing with Grealish as an alternative if it doesn't happen. The truth is, as much as I would like to improve the depth we have, with Sancho coming in, we would have more than enough starting level quality to be competitive, it's our depth that is worrying for me. Hopefully, we can sign a few cheap youngsters to remedy that. At centre back, hopefully one of Tuanzebe or Bailly can take their chance and cement their place alongside McGuire. I'm particularly talking about Axel, as I can see him being a quality player for us if given the chance. It may end up being a blessing in disguise if he ends up shining through.

dal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52940654

reported he had a haircut with out the barber having a mask, maybe explainable but if it isn’t what an idiot.

Didn't he start tweeting how pissed off he was also when he was left on the bench earlier in the season also.

He seems a great on field professional hope he’s not getting to big for his boots.
He seems to speak out a lot... Ole might not be impressed

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

reported he had a haircut with out the barber having a mask, maybe explainable but if it isn’t what an idiot.

Didn't he start tweeting how pissed off he was also when he was left on the bench earlier in the season also.

He seems a great on field professional hope he’s not getting to big for his boots.
He’s a man who got a hair cut.

Okey

I hope he's properly pissed about the hair cut fine and wants to get out of there. That's all I can think of with that story...

crossy1686

career ending

Jesus Christ, he got a haircut, he didn't spit on a bunch of kids or anything...

He was subbed off 36 minutes in a game against Bayern that Dortmund were already losing and used as a scapegoat by the manager to cover himself for poor tactics, Sancho took issue with that.

That's as controversial as it's gotten...

lsd

The Oracle
I'm not going to defend a guy because i want him to sign for us . Ever since he came on the scene he has shown all the signs of being a selfish entitled little prick who thinks he can do what he wants.

Rules apparently don't apply to him and the way he reacts to being told he is wrong is to cry and throw a tantrum about how unfair it is.

I don't care how good he is at football there are far more important things

dal

He’s a man who got a hair cut.
why is it tweeted though, I mean where’s the fekin common sense.

If I wanted to leave a club and move somewhere bigger I’d be aware of the virus and any PR issues associated with it.

Obviously, he even tweeted about the German league and has now deleted that.

Have a word Rashy.

crossy1686

career ending
I'm not going to defend a guy because i want him to sign for us . Ever since he came on the scene he has shown all the signs of being a selfish entitled little prick who thinks he can do what he wants.

Rules apparently don't apply to him and the way he reacts to being told he is wrong is to cry and throw a tantrum about how unfair it is.

Where the feck have you got this from lad? A fully grown man got a haircut in a country where you're now allowed to go to the pub. Have a word with yourself.

dal

100 percent!, Solskjaer won’t appreciate this, Woodward probably won’t care though.

Rolaholic

Based on what? :confused:
Getting a haircut at home seemingly the same way Pogba is a pantomime villain to some because he gets a trim now and then :lol:

Gotta love the sheer projection some on here seem to love to do when they want to assassinate a players character based off the most trivial garbage

dal

Thing is when you’re in the limelight you have to manage yourself correctly.

Why you would do what he’s done in the middle of the biggest health crisis the world has seen for 100 years. A picture with a barber without PPE when he requires it.

Just don’t tweet anything, it’s just so silly.

crossy1686

career ending
Getting a haircut at home seemingly the same way Pogba is a pantomime villain to some because he gets a trim now and then :lol:

Gotta love the sheer projection some on here seem to love to do when they want to assassinate a players character based off the most trivial garbage
You couldn't make it up, honestly. I think some need a reminder that Germany hasn't been hit anywhere near as hard and are weeks ahead of the UK in terms of recovery. They now have bars and hairdressers open with social distancing enforced.

The reason he got a fine from the DFL was because neither him nor the barber had PPE while in Sancho's own home. The fine is a political statement from the DFL who have said to players "we have to earn the right for everyone to tune into our league again next week". They've fined him because they felt like it and he's right, it is a joke.

You really have to wonder what's driving this 'big time Charlie' label a few are very quick to accuse him of with very, very little evidence.

lsd

The Oracle
Thing is when you’re in the limelight you have to manage yourself correctly.

Why you would do what he’s done in the middle of the biggest health crisis the world has seen for 100 years. A picture with a barber without PPE when he requires it.

Just don’t tweet anything, it’s just so silly.

Wasting your time . Some people would let Sancho spit on people if they thought it meant he would sign for United.

The guy broke rules because he is selfish when he could have sent a responsible message instead to people who follow him .

When pulled on it he cried like a baby and will no doubt use it to get himself a bigger deal elsewhere now

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yes because protocols are only there for other people aren't they ?
Just apply a bit of CS. These ‘other people’ you speak of are also getting haircuts. You think Sancho is the first person to cut his hair in 3 months or something? He’s been fined but let’s not try and pretend it was a transgression of any real significance.

lsd

The Oracle
Just apply a bit of CS. These ‘other people’ you speak of are also getting haircuts. You think Sancho is the first person to cut his hair in 3 months or something? He’s been fined but let’s not try and pretend it was a transgression of any real significance.

It is not about getting his haircut . All he had to do was be responsible and put out a picture of him following the guidelines while doing it .

It's not hard to do and would have been a good thing to do but apparently thats too much to ask

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It is not about getting his haircut . All he had to do was be responsible and put out a picture of him following the guidelines while doing it .

It's not hard to do and would have been a good thing to do but apparently thats too much to ask
I’m aware. His picture didn’t reflect him following the guidelines, and now he’s been fined. Your whole ‘the rules clearly don’t apply to him’ thing is doing too much though. Let’s not lose sight of the fact that it still remains just a haircut, in his own home, for perspective sake.

lsd

The Oracle
So his attitude in calling it a joke because he got fined for not following the protocols is a good sign of character ?

Thats the worrying thing about him. Its one thing to make a mistake but if you are going to throw your toys out of the pram when pulled up on it doesn't bode well for him

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Okay.. I'm sorry but this guy is really immature. I hope he matures very quickly. At 19 Rashford was a good kid, very mature.

First he comes back to training clearly well overweight, and now he gets a haircut without the safety measures needed.

Red flags everywhere.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
If it’s safe to get a haircut in Germany then it is the sign of things to come here as aswell. Amirite German posters?

Scholsey2004

If it’s safe to get a haircut in Germany then it is the sign of things to come here as aswell. Amirite German posters?
Germany's daily death toll is in the low tens. Ours is still in the low hundreds. They got things right at the start so they also normalise earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.