Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynty

I honestly think that we are his only choice if he wants to move this summer.

Liverpool, Bayern, Barca and City are pretty stacked in his position and have no need to throw £100m at single player when there's other areas to strengthen. Chelsea gave up on this transfer when they signed Ziyech. I don't think PSG is even considered an option for a young English lad.

Real and Juve have both been quiet.

At present we're in pole position. Finish this season well and this transfer is sealed.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
What would you classify as a major signing? Seeing as Chelsea just spent 80 mill on two players, albeit Ziyech was announced two weeks before football shut down.
Deals for more than £60 million on huge contracts. The Werner to Chelsea deal is a bit of an exception because of the Morata deal. If Atletico weren't tied in to paying £50 million for Morata, would they still have gone ahead with this deal?

The football landscape is going to be very different for at least the next 12 months. The Champions League is a big earner for clubs but how will that work next season with all the restrictions in place? The African cup of nations is also rumoured to being postponed for 12 months so that will affect the planning for some clubs.

lsd

The Oracle
We are not going to sign both Grealish and Sancho this window and Grealish is the more likely signing

romufc

We are not going to sign both Grealish and Sancho this window and Grealish is the more likely signing
All the noise coming out the club since the pandemic is that the fees for Sancho would be too high.

I doubt we will get Sancho considering his high value and wages.

beingshe7don

I don't think Sancho is happening either. Also, the prices being quoted for him is just ridiculous. Werner is going for ~45m. In this climate, Dortmund shouldn't be demanding more than 85m in my opinion. I don't think it's the end of the world if we didn't get Sancho. There are plenty of other positions we could strengthen and possibly even unearth a decent RW as well. I still think we should take a chance on O Dembele on loan and see if he can adjust to the hustle and bustle of the PL.

Hanky panky

The most boring transfer window i remember. By far. It's a middle of june soon and nothing else than shite rumours. And not much those either. I hope we will at least get Sancho. This summer i would be happy with one good signing.

Judas

Open to offers
The most boring transfer window i remember. By far. It's a middle of june soon and nothing else than shite rumours. And not much those either. I hope we will at least get Sancho. This summer i would be happy with one good signing.
Hmm yeah wonder why this summer window (which isn't even open yet) is looking a bit different. Might be the most tone deaf post I've read on here in awhile.

Suv666

United has a way of dragging a transfer to the point you're not excited anymore about it. That's why I'm prepared to miss out on Sancho this transfer window
Not sure if we are the only top team that does that. Maybe we are so hyper focused on United related transfers reading every report and article it just seems that way.
With so much clickbait and false reports around I've stopped reading Transfer news altogether. Even the Tier 1 journos, who are supposedly reliable get so much shit wrong ( De Ligt, Greizmann etc) its no use believing anyone except Craig Norwood. My muppeting days are behind me. Never really recovered from the Thiago and Vidal sagas :lol: :lol:

spaceboyRSA

Wow. How long has the window been open? Answer. It isnt.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The most boring transfer window you remember is the one that isn't even a transfer window?

Handré1990

The January 2021 transfer window is the most boring window I’ve ever had the displeasure of living through. Here we are in the middlie of June, and all we’ve heard is how we’ll lose Ighalo in that window! No reports about incoming transfers, not even a new cufflink sponsor on the horizon!

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
I have a weekly Zoom chat with some United mates. Whilst we all agree that Sancho is the dream signing atm, the discussion over anyone else is completely governed by whether Pogba stays or not. If he stays and forms a partnership with Bruno it would be awesome, AND it also means Ole could focus on a top class defender, though the only CB we came up with was Koulibaly (there must be other options surely!)

Walters_19_MuFc

Hmm yeah wonder why this summer window (which isn't even open yet) is looking a bit different. Might be the most tone deaf post I've read on here in awhile.
Wow. How long has the window been open? Answer. It isnt.
The most boring transfer window you remember is the one that isn't even a transfer window?
Go easy on him/her. Think the pandemic has made people a bit discombobulated.

Mihai

The January 2021 transfer window is the most boring window I’ve ever had the displeasure of living through. Here we are in the middlie of June, and all we’ve heard is how we’ll lose Ighalo in that window! No reports about incoming transfers, not even a new cufflink sponsor on the horizon!
Are you living in the future?

kirk buttercup

Have I missed something? Sancho was nailed on ,fast forward a day or two and there is no chance he will ever sign for us and as far as I can make out nothing has even happend . Has it ?

RUCK4444

Does anybody know when the window DOES actually open? Had the start date changed at all?

I heard they are thinking of extended it, to keep it open until January in order to help boost the struggling sides through player sales etc. I think that’s a great idea.

MDFC Manager

Have I missed something? Sancho was nailed on ,fast forward a day or two and there is no chance he will ever sign for us and as far as I can make out nothing has even happend . Has it ?
Welcome to big money transfers. You will be told that there's various twists and turns happening on a daily basis. There's no need to believe every bit of daily news.

Devil may care

Bayern seem to be going for Havertz and Sane, Chelsea bought Ziyech and Werner, Liverpool wouldn't pay the money for Werner so I doubt they'd pay what Dortmund want for Sancho, so we should be pretty much head of the cue, he's the key signing, Grealish is utterly pointless as he doesn't fix any of the teams main flaws.

davidmichael

Neither of Van De Beek or Grealish are needed if we’re keeping Pogba and Bellingham can stay at Birmingham another year to progress unless he’s going to Dortmund, Sancho IS our priority signing in a priority position.

If it’s £100 million then so be it as well recoup some (maybe £45-£50 million) towards that by selling Smalling, Jones, Rojo, CBJ, Fosu-Mensah and Lingard and if Sancho is our only signing this summer then so be it as it’s the signing that needs to be made.

RUCK4444

Neither of Van De Beek or Grealish are needed if we’re keeping Pogba and Bellingham can stay at Birmingham another year to progress unless he’s going to Dortmund, Sancho IS our priority signing in a priority position.

If it’s £100 million then so be it as well recoup some (maybe £45-£50 million) towards that by selling Smalling, Jones, Rojo, CBJ, Fosu-Mensah and Lingard and if Sancho is our only signing this summer then so be it as it’s the signing that needs to be made.
Yup I’m with you mate. Gotta make it happen this window.

Hanky panky

I know the reason and situation very well. But it doesnt make this summer less boring. And even window is not officially open, it doesnt mean something could not happen. If i remember right, we announced Memphis transfer already in may before window was open. Or contact and deal with Psv.

RkkMan

Unless we miss out on CL football it will be absolutely criminal not to sign Sancho now, no excuses not to do so. Waiting a year brings Liverpool/Barca/Madrid/PSG and possibly Chelsea into the picture but as of now none of them can get him. Perfect opportunity to make a statement signing that will help close the gap on City/Liverpool. Failure to do this pushes us farther away from the top 3 and allows Chelsea who mean business to overtake us and the likes of Wolves/Leicester/Everton to close the gap on us which would be a damn shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.