Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Ward

Comparing Mhkitaryan's numbers to what Sancho is currently doing when he's not even out of teenage years yet is so absolutely weird I can't understand any logical reason to do so.
It makes no sense.

Mhkitaryan hit great numbers playing as a support striker in a very fluid attacking team.

He didnt play that system or position for us. Which is a shame because he was a terrific footballer.

Comparing him to Sancho is weird though and makes little sense. Sancho is on fire and has so much time to develop. He's a frightening prospect really

UncleBob

It makes no sense.

Mhkitaryan hit great numbers playing as a support striker in a very fluid attacking team.

He didnt play that system or position for us. Which is a shame because he was a terrific footballer.

Comparing him to Sancho is weird though and makes little sense. Sancho is on fire and has so much time to develop. He's a frightening prospect really
Mhki is a bit wank....

Rolaholic

Really hope that watching the likes of Citeh and Liverpool bask in golden era runs lights a fire under the club's backside and forces them to go all in in the market.

Signing up this lad would be a massive statement of intent signaling that we're not dead yet

Really hope we don't dick around for long this summer and waste this great opportunity to tangibly improve the squad being the only club with a realistic chance and means at pulling it off this window.

beingshe7don

With Hakimi having finished his loan at Dortmund and will most likely be joining Inter, that leaves Dortmund looking for a replacement. Would it make sense to use Dalot in a (loan or sell) deal to bring down the Sancho transfer fee? We've got AWB whose our main RB but we've also got Ethan Laird and Brandon Williams who can also play there if required?

@Adnan

gajender

With Hakimi having finished his loan at Dortmund and will most likely be joining Inter, that leaves Dortmund looking for a replacement. Would it make sense to use Dalot in a (loan or sell) deal to bring down the Sancho transfer fee? We've got AWB whose our main RB but we've also got Ethan Laird and Brandon Williams who can also play there if required?

@Adnan
They have already signed Thomas Meunier.

El-Manos

@Adnan
They just signed Meunier from PSG

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale

@Adnan
Dortmund already signed Hakimi's replacement a few days ago - Meunier.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

@Adnan
I think that got answered pretty quick.

RooneyLegend

I say we forget about him and sign David Neres instead. The price is too high for a player that we won't use in his best position.

romufc

I say we forget about him and sign David Neres instead. The price is too high for a player that we won't use in his best position.
Sancho is a RW. Manutd need a RW.

Why do you think we won't use him in his best position?

meamth

It's been a while since a top english attacking prospect moved to United.

The last one was Rooney wasn't it?

This feels like that kind of transfer again, United getting the best english wonderkid.

Hopefully this move will become reality.

Eli Zee

It's been a while since a top english attacking prospect moved to United.

The last one was Rooney wasn't it?

This feels like that kind of transfer again, United getting the best english wonderkid.

Hopefully this move will become reality.
If he comes this team really does have a lot of amazing players from age 18-25 and pogba at 27. And plenty of English talent in rashford, sancho, AWB, Maguire and greenwood.

In Rainbows

If he comes this team really does have a lot of amazing players from age 18-25 and pogba at 27. And plenty of English talent in rashford, sancho, AWB, Maguire and greenwood.
Exactly. Even if we can't win the title in the next 2 seasons, we'll be set for the better part of the decade. We'd likely have the best talent of the English 2000 generation (Sancho), and 2001 generation (Greenwood). We'd have Henderson, AWB, and Rashford. We'd also have a crop of midfield talent in Mejbri, Gomes, Garner, and Levitt. If just 1 of them pan out, they'd be part of the core I previously described. Similarly, we'd have Laird and Williams where maybe 1 of them pans out. If none pan out, we'd still have AWB.

MrSingh2002

Rashford Martial Sancho
Pogba Fernandes
McTominay
Grimaldo Upamecano
Maguire AWB
De Gea
DO IT.

Sancho is priority number 1.
LB to replace Shaw is number 2.
CB to replace Lindelof as a starter is number 3.

Scholsey2004

That's a very valid point as Sancho is more of a goal provider than scorer and that would potentially give United 3 players who can create at 3 levels - Pogba at central midfield, Bruno going towards the final 3rd, and Sancho in the final 3rd.

But as some have pointed out, Sancho has a very free role playing from the right side per Dortmund/Favre's approach.

If for whatever reason Ole isn't able to coach the players effectively if all the resources are present, such as Bruno, Pogba, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, and potentially Sancho and probably another decent playmaker or forward (better than Lingard, Pereria, James), then that's acceptable as the new manager at least has real quality pieces to work with in the attacking phase.
Come on, we must be past this now. There's not going to be a 'new manager'. Ole's clearly nailed the job down. Everything else was perfectly reasonable by the way.

edcunited1878

Come on, we must be past this now. There's not going to be a 'new manager'. Ole's clearly nailed the job down. Everything else was perfectly reasonable by the way.
We are past it, but in 3 years if Sancho, Pogba, Bruno, Henderson, Greenwood, Rashford, etc and a few more smart signings have been made and United aren't Top 3 and challenging, I don't think we can just point at the player quality anymore unless it's evidently clear one player will catapult United to the top.

We don't know how it's going to look in 3 years, but the present is Ole's and he deserves it but when push comes to shove, he knows when/if he's got a proper title challenging squad and will be the first to admit if he didn't get it done.

Drifter

American
So Ole does not even know how much money he'll have in this window. Brrrr it's cold on this transfer.

RedDevilRoshi

So Ole does not even know how much money he'll have in this window. Brrrr it's cold on this transfer.
Well if he was to say we have £250-£300M to spend then clubs will no doubt be looking to milk as much money out of us as possible and significantly increasing the price tags on any players that we are in for.

Also this season ain’t finished yet and we don’t even know if we will be in the CL next season or not.

Last edited:

Marcus

Wonder if the club is thinking that Greenwood on the right is good enough and we don't need Sancho?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Always find it a bit weird that people so readily buy comments like that. Ole will absolutely have an idea on what kind of budget he's working with this summer. No question.

Pav1878

Rashford Martial Sancho
Pogba Fernandes
McTominay
Grimaldo Upamecano
Maguire AWB
De Gea
DO IT.

Sancho is priority number 1.
LB to replace Shaw is number 2.
CB to replace Lindelof as a starter is number 3.
Please let this happen. Especially Grimaldo, he would transfer our left side attacking as Sancho would on the right

Cheekiey

Please let this happen. Especially Grimaldo, he would transfer our left side attacking as Sancho would on the right
Sorry to go off sancho topic but isn’t Telles the best LB in that league and supposedly available? Surely he’d be a more guaranteed upgrade on Shaw?

Wayne's World

Might mean very little but Sancho is on the bench today for possibly his final game with Dortmund

Hakimi, who's off to Inter this summer also on the bench too

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Klopp said today that he thinks he would look good in a Liverpool shirt... hoping United sign him long before anyone else decides to try lodge bids or sell players to finance a potential deal with him.

GJNJ

Klopp said today that he thinks he would look good in a Liverpool shirt... hoping United sign him long before anyone else decides to try lodge bids or sell players to finance a potential deal with him.
He also said he would be very supprised if he went to Liverpool. He said something similar about Bruno.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If They sign Sancho, They'll have to furlough 200+ staffs again. It also makes no sense since Mane and Salah are both among the best in world.
Not gonna happen.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He may be going to somewhere else but definitely Liverpool interest doesn't bother me at all. He will have to sell one of the front 3 to make space which means they are changing a bloody brilliant combo. Not to mention who will afford Salah or Mane or Bobby, during this pandemic

Rolaholic

He said he would look good in a red shirt and I'd have to say I agree...:cool:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Might mean very little but Sancho is on the bench today for possibly his final game with Dortmund

Was benched last week vs Leipzig too for Reyna. Don't think hes injured or anything so I definitely think there's mutual knowledge that he's leaving. Would be surprised if he stayed. Hope its us!

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

Seems to have been dropped last few weeks, my guess he's made his intentions known.

He wants in on the Ole MUFC party.
Was benched last week vs Leipzig too for Reyna. Don't think hes injured or anything so I definitely think there's mutual knowledge that he's leaving. Would be surprised if he stayed. Hope its us!
Zorc has said last week before the Lepizig match: "Jadon has told our coach during the week that he isn't fit enough to play 90 minutes because his body is too tired".

Infestissumam

I think they've just accepted that he wants to leave and they rather give the minutes to Reyna, who's obviously going to be the heir. Similarly they are giving minutes to Morey, who's going to be Hakimis replacement if they play a back three (Meunier being the RB if they play a back four). From the looks of it, both sides seem to be okay with him moving on ... Dortmund need the money.

personally I think he's ours if we're willing to spend. I don't see any other club going for him this summer, as teams either don't have a pressing need at the position or suffer financially from the pandemic. I just hope this isn't going to be another long saga that drags on.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think we need to pay over 100m to get him here, and of course we need to have CL football next season to convince him to come too.

Status
Not open for further replies.