Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

swedishgloryhunter

I always thought Clubs aren't allowed to talk to players without permission from the Club the player is contracted to. Unless they're about to be out of contract.
Yeah the 6month before end of contract. I think the recent rumor from castle is bs.
I really don't think Ed is that stupid that he would risk the wrath of Uefa just to make a transfer go faster.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Yeah the 6month before end of contract. I think the recent rumor from castle is bs.
I really don't think Ed is that stupid that he would risk the wrath of Uefa just to make a transfer go faster.
I’m pretty sure clubs will sometimes allow player to have talks with players before a few is agreed. But who knows how it all works.

SuperiorXI

Well there's the rules and there's what actually happens i.e. see City and their current issues with UEFA.

The clubs are becoming more powerful than these ruling bodies now, so much money involved it would be foolish to think everything is by-the-book.

swedishgloryhunter

I’m pretty sure clubs will sometimes allow player to have talks with players before a few is agreed. But who knows how it all works.
Yeah maybe, but if im not mistaken barcelona got alot of heat from the griezmann transfer when they had a personal deal agreed in before the fee was agreed. The fine was a joke, but i really don't think atletico madrid will be happy doing buisness with barcelona again.

passing-wind

Who is the source ? Seems desperate, Castles has been a inconsistent plug for information since Ole arrived.

KChucky88

He will not join man utd until man utd can must stay at third or fourth place at end of the season

Wait and see within next month

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Duncan Castles' reliability is rock bottom. He was kinda okay for Mendes/Mourinho stuff but even towards the end of Mourinho's time here he was very unreliable.
he recently said we bid 100 plus million on Fati. He’s unreliable. It being Ed and Matt Judge I expect the negotiations to go on until near the end of the window if we get it done at all

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Kinda makes sense though, you have to sound out the player to make sure he actually wants to join. You don't want to agree a fee only to find out the player isn't interested in a move.
Dybala didn’t work out like that, but yea, typically this would make sense.

Red00012

The same Castles that said last night we were using Bellingham to get Sancho :lol:

Coops73

Isn’t Duncan hit and miss?
I’ve listened to that podcast a few times and him and his mate only like to report negatively about United, so I’d take anything positive coming out of his shiny head with a rather large pinch of salt.

starman

Taking it with a massive pinch of salt considering Humpty Dumpty is reporting it

Ironically it's just how I like my eggs.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The same Castles that said last night we were using Bellingham to get Sancho :lol:
I think there's somewhat of a possibility of that, buying Sancho means that they need to further sell a player to fix their budgets, and allowing them to have a free run at him means that they are more likely for Sancho.

There's nothing stopping United hiking up Bellinghams price, i.e offering 20M just to force up his price for Dortmund and Bellingham could say 'I want to come to Dortmund but Man Utd are offering me more', I doubt in that case with United negotiating for Sancho it would go down well.

He'sRaldo

IMo we're going about this the wrong way.

We should have a price and then convince Sancho to come only to us. Aiming to outbid other teams that the player would also like to join hasn't worked out as well for us in the past.

Best convince him that Utd is the place to be, and then have a set price. If he's not 100% convinced and decides to go elsewhere, then so be it. IMO better than all the financial outmuscling we've been trying to do the past few years.

ManRed

Every source I am reading says Dortmund are paying him €190k so I find it crazy that he would move to United and not get a significant raise. Martial type money.
The rumoured new deal was going to pay him €190k at Dortmund. If its true then he wouldn't agree to the above €140k rising to €200k

flappyjay

The rumoured new deal was going to pay him €190k at Dortmund. If its true then he wouldn't agree to the above €140k rising to €200k
It wouldn't make sense. He wants to move but I don't think he is that desperate

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
It wouldn't make sense. He wants to move but I don't think he is that desperate
It depends if he is also paid bonuses based on goals and assists too there could be performance bonuses in there, and incentives there to push him to develop as a player.

If for some reason he is on £140,000 which is approx 155,000 euros, and he's paid 10-20,000 per assist to make sure he's developing and contributing at the front end of the pitch I think it doesn't seem as bad, plus he knows he'd be going up a pay bracket after a year.

United may also disclose transfer business to him and show why he would be paid less (covid impact) but he knows the other transfer targets being chased too which is why the financial outlay this season may not mean he can be paid £200,000 immediately.

Rolaholic

Refuse to believe Dortmund are paying anyone €190k a week.
Yea I don't buy that at all :lol:

A club legend like Reus only got those type of wages 2 years ago, highly doubt they're giving a 19/20 year old wages level with Hummels all of a sudden

Dve

When Duncan Castles is so detailed in his reporting (length on contract and fee), I see this a bit different than reports that are obviously pure speculations, e.g. Bellingham used by United to get Sancho, or these typical "United could" do this or that, or scouts observed somewhere and hence we are interested in this or that player. Also, baits put out by agents are seldom very detailed, most often just a statement that clubs are interested in their client. I think Castles at least believes this to be true.

EngimaMK

Sane is not worth one penny more than €50m. He is already 24, and at the stage of his career where he won’t improve dramatically as a player. He is probably at his “footballing peak”, which is still very good, but nothing exceptional. And he has just come back after a horrible torn ACL injury, which ruled him out for nearly one full season.

Jadon Sancho is worth at least twice that sum.
Feck me... "already 24".

Utter joke comment

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Any good video of him to get everyone super excited about this signing?

ash_86

Fab mentioned some time back that signing the contract with united won't be a problem for Sancho which means personals have been done for a while now. Can united strike a deal with Dortmund is the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.