Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

0le

@duffer

If you were to base it on pure talent alone and assuming Sancho must play all games, I'd say Rashford would be benched, because he would in my view be the least talented of the four.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I’m aware this sounds like BS, but one of my best mates (who is literally sat next to me in my living room now) cousin owns Elite Sports who represent Sancho. Well, her husband co-owns it anyway, but she also works there in press. Anyway, his (my mate) brother just text him than Sancho is going to United, that their ‘cousin let it slip’. Of course, I have no idea of the context, whether it was said on the basis of everything we already know (i.e - a deal is being discussed) or more definitively than that - but I am repeating.

I’m a grown ass man and have no desire to make shit up, for the record. My assumption is that it was probably said in the way that anyone else would probably say ‘Sancho is going to United’. I don’t know the context of the conversation, but it hasn’t excited me anymore than I already was. I’d be surprised if any agreements were reached at this stage, although I am just an interneter and have no real insight into how deals are done. I remember reading that, for all the talk of a ‘saga’ - Pogba’s deal to join United (from Juventus) was done in just two meetings. If I hear more, I’ll tell more - but one thing for certain is that the family are owners at Sancho’s agency. He had told me ages ago in passing, and about other players they represent, and is not a United fan and isn’t invested.
I’m going to choose to believe you but if he doesn’t sign I’m reporting this post.

dal

It will be in the pogba, lukaku regions, 70 million + add ons to £90 million

minimum, guaranteed.

Drainy

@duffer

If you were to base it on pure talent alone and assuming Sancho must play all games, I'd say Rashford would be benched, because he would in my view be the least talented of the four.
We won't be setting up based on pure talent, we'll be setting up based on balanced formation and tactics.

Rashford does a great job and won't be the one to be dropped. It will be Greenwood in the short term but he will still play a lot in a few positions and grow into a CL standard centreforward over the next 2 years.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Someone has to drop out for him to come in.

Of course it will improve your depth and options from the bench but if you buy Sancho, he's a starter, that means someone in your team at the moment won't be.
Do you realise how many games James has played this season for us? 31 PL games, 2,274 mins with 3G+6A. Him.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
@duffer

Why on earth would you bench Rashford?

Even talent wise I’d argue he’s not the least talented. Sure Greenwood has been scoring for fun but he still has a lot to learn and provide in games.

Let’s not forget how much input Rashford had in games before he got injured.

It’ll obviously be James getting the least amount of game time. In fact I think he’ll now be back up for Rashford on the left.

I think it would then be Greenwood either coming off the bench for Martial or Sancho.

0le

Why on earth would you bench Rashford?

Even talent wise I’d argue he’s not the least talented. Sure Greenwood has been scoring for fun but he still has a lot to learn and provide in games.

Let’s not forget how much input Rashford had in games before he got injured.

It’ll obviously be James getting the least amount of game time. In fact I think he’ll now be back up for Rashford on the left.

I think it would then be Greenwood either coming off the bench for Martial or Sancho.
It was just a hypothetical situation. I already stated my opinion earlier that no one would be "dropped" as such, but rather there would be rotation between the four of them.

Korwas

I think Sancho is a great player but I don't like the fit in United at all. I think it will lead to the sale of one of Martial, Rashford or Greenwood as they want more game time unless they are content going from young 20 goal scorers to starting on the bench the rest of their careers. I think it would be a better idea to look for backup players and build the attack around the 3 we have. Players that can do a good job filling in and don't demand much game time and if they do, we can replace. One player I would have loved is Hwang from Salzburg, scorer, playmaker, creator etc, but he seems to be going to Leipzig (shocker).

RedDevil@84

Not sure when we will buy Sancho, but for heaven's sake, don't even think of giving him the no 7

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Not sure why someone who has been on here 8 years would suddenly randomly decide nows the time to be an ITK twat, so I believe Rozay. In Rozay I trust. It's on.
Sancho is pretty much a nailed on transfer. Every top tier reporter is just saying the fee needs to be agreed and it’s done so it’s a low risk ITK blag.

However I was unaware of Mr Rozay’s history on the CAF. So I will forgo my usual scepticism and take it as a good sign.
I’m not about to interrogate him on the daily ins and outs. And I know enough about these private firms to know that whatever is on the paperwork doesn’t necessarily determine input and access. Could just be who put up the most money in the start or whatever. I do know that at their wedding all the young black footballers were there (they represent a load of them - and Todd Cantwell!).
Hmm I’ll give you benefit of doubt.

Engage muppet mode 2.0

Stretender

Whilst you cant knock the guy's numbers in terms of assist and goals in the Bundesliga, I still feel cautious about splashing upwards of 80 million for this guy because of past experiences with signing players from dortmund that looked world class and flopped once coming to the premier league and based on England performances sterling and rashford seem to be a bit better than what sancho has shown.
This is sensible
Whilst you cant knock the guy's numbers in terms of assist and goals in the Bundesliga, I still feel cautious about splashing upwards of 80 million for this guy because of past experiences with signing players from dortmund that looked world class and flopped once coming to the premier league and based on England performances sterling and rashford seem to be a bit better than what sancho has shown.
Am sure Ole and Woodward are not as stupid to pay 80 million or so for Sancho. The signings of Wan Bissaka and Bruno should be the blue print. Sancho plays in a pub league and he is not worth the numbers being discussed here. Anything more than 50 million for him I will back the club if they walk away.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I’m aware this sounds like BS, but one of my best mates (who is literally sat next to me in my living room now) cousin owns Elite Sports who represent Sancho. Well, her husband co-owns it anyway, but she also works there in press. Anyway, his (my mate) brother just text him than Sancho is going to United, that their ‘cousin let it slip’. Of course, I have no idea of the context, whether it was said on the basis of everything we already know (i.e - a deal is being discussed) or more definitively than that - but I am repeating.

I’m a grown ass man and have no desire to make shit up, for the record. My assumption is that it was probably said in the way that anyone else would probably say ‘Sancho is going to United’. I don’t know the context of the conversation, but it hasn’t excited me anymore than I already was. I’d be surprised if any agreements were reached at this stage, although I am just an interneter and have no real insight into how deals are done. I remember reading that, for all the talk of a ‘saga’ - Pogba’s deal to join United (from Juventus) was done in just two meetings. If I hear more, I’ll tell more - but one thing for certain is that the family are owners at Sancho’s agency. He had told me ages ago in passing, and about other players they represent, and is not a United fan and isn’t invested.
Top stuff.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Even if our pants get pulled down when negotiating, I still want him. With pandemic I was genuinely worried we wouldnt go for him, but looks more and more nailed on.

E-mal

The other one. Obasi is a co-owner, Taofeek is the other, who is my mate’s cousin’s wife. She’s PA to some of the players herself.
Very funny, some Nigerian names picked at random wihout any logical correlation.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sancho is pretty much a nailed on transfer. Every top tier reporter is just saying the fee needs to be agreed and it’s done so it’s a low risk ITK blag.

However I was unaware of Mr Rozay’s history on the CAF. So I will forgo my usual scepticism and take it as a good sign.

Hmm I’ll give you benefit of doubt.

Engage muppet mode 2.0
Tbh, I’m not taking it that seriously myself, as I’m unaware of the nature or context of the conversation. I doubt factual details of deals would be disclosed. But the family are certainly heavily involved with Sancho’s agency. I’ve seen tons of pictures of them with the likes of Iwobi, Ola Aina and others with the agency. I didn’t hear it from them directly so can’t say it was proper confirmation, it was just a probably excited cousin saying ‘Sancho’s going to United, Temi let it slip’. But who knows.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Someone has to drop out for him to come in.

Of course it will improve your depth and options from the bench but if you buy Sancho, he's a starter, that means someone in your team at the moment won't be.
Greenwood, obviously. He’s an 18 year old kid, we can’t expect him to start every game.

Judas

Open to offers
Greenwood, obviously. He’s an 18 year old kid, we can’t expect him to start every game.
This is so clear, it's not even a discussion to me. Ole has managed him brilliantly so far, and I doubt he'll suddenly stop that management because of his recent headline grabbing form. He's still going to bedded in slowly, as he should be. He's still a boy.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I think that you can play Sancho, Greenwood, Martial, Rashford, Bruno, Pogba all in the same side in some games, but go full out attack, Pogba playing as a deep lying playmaker.

There's also the possibility of playing 3 at the back (Bailly, Maguire, AWB) in some games and doing something like a 3-4-1-2

-----Martial---Greenwood-----
Rashford--Bruno----Sancho----
------Matic----Pogba----------
---Bailly--Maguire--AWB-------
------------DDG----------------

The big games there's options such as this but Greenwood still playing 30+ minutes for experience, but learning his craft in the majority of games playing with lots of attackers.

I don't see how acquiring Sancho means "Greenwood won't get games".

4-2-3-1
--------Martial--------------
Rashford--Bruno-Sancho----
-----Matic----Pogba--------
Shaw-Maguire-New CB-AWB
----------DDG--------------

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
This is so clear, it's not even a discussion to me. Ole has managed him brilliantly so far, and I doubt he'll suddenly stop that management because of his recent headline grabbing form. He's still going to bedded in slowly, as he should be. He's still a boy.
Yep, young players are so inconsistent too, he will have a dip and need to be out the team at some point I am sure.

In Rainbows

Only reason why Ole hasn't dropped Greenwood to manage him like has before is because Top 4 is on the line and he's so much better than Daniel James. If top 4 was wrapped up, I think Ole would try to take Greenwood away from the limelight.

Cliche Guevara

Do you have any evidence for the bolded claim?

The payment structure is something that would be negotiated at the same time as the fee - as far as I know, there have been no reports suggesting that an agreement has been reached for either the fee or the structure of payments.
It’s accounting, not about fee payment structure. The transfer fee is amortised over the length of the contract and the player’s wages per annum are also added.

It’s termed transfer cost and is calculated over the entire length of the contract.

This is why in reality there is no such thing as ‘net spend’.

kirk buttercup

Splendid

Infra-red

It’s accounting, not about fee payment structure. The transfer fee is amortised over the length of the contract and the player’s wages per annum are also added.

It’s termed transfer cost and is calculated over the entire length of the contract.

This is why in reality there is no such thing as ‘net spend’.
I'm aware of all of that. But that has nothing to do with the actual cost of the transfer, which is not spread across the length of the player's contract, unless that specific payment structure is agreed. The cost of the Sancho transfer is unlikely to be spread in such a way - indeed Dortmund may insist on us paying a significant portion upfront - so our financial position this year, is likely to impact the deal.

Let's hope we're flush with CL money.

Cliche Guevara

I'm aware of all of that. But that has nothing to do with the actual cost of the transfer, which is not spread across the length of the player's contract, unless that specific payment structure is agreed. The cost of the Sancho transfer is unlikely to be spread in such a way - indeed Dortmund may insist on us paying a significant portion upfront - so our financial position this year, is likely to impact the deal.

Let's hope we're flush with CL money.
No, you’re getting confused between the transfer fee and the cost of the transfer.

This is my whole point. The transfer fee is not the issue. The ‘cost’ to United is calculated over the period of the contract.

This immediate season’s finances are no more relevant than those in the remainder of the length of his contract.

We don’t have to be able to afford Sancho this year only.

croadyman

Hadn't seen it mentioned on here already but Winter who is tier 1 for transfers was on a Stretford Paddock transfer podcast today talking about Sancho. I haven't had chance to have a listen to it myself yet but thought it was worth bringing up as he is highly reliable.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Yes! This is the classic Caf ITK stuff that I love!

muppet party :drool:

tracking Ed and Matt Judges every movement for the rest of the summer :wenger:

arnie_ni

Do you realise how many games James has played this season for us? 31 PL games, 2,274 mins with 3G+6A. Him.
Alot of people dont grasp this.

There are plenty of games for martial rash Greenwood and sancho to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.