Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

edcunited1878

Alot of people dont grasp this.

There are plenty of games for martial rash Greenwood and sancho to play.
It's as if people don't realize Ole played with Sheringham, Yorke, and Cole and that each and everyone one of them were needed all throughout the most successful season in club history (arguably).

automaticflare

I think Sancho is a great player but I don't like the fit in United at all. I think it will lead to the sale of one of Martial, Rashford or Greenwood as they want more game time unless they are content going from young 20 goal scorers to starting on the bench the rest of their careers. I think it would be a better idea to look for backup players and build the attack around the 3 we have. Players that can do a good job filling in and don't demand much game time and if they do, we can replace.

Never buy backup players. You incentivize mediocrity. We have spent 7 years doing that and look at us now.

Buy low risk potential (James for example).

But for big money we should always buy players who should go into the first team. If martial greenwood and rashford are good enough then they will keep Sancho out. If they are not good enough then they will be edged out and our starting 11 is stronger. They drop to the bench or leave and we start again looking for someone better.

I don’t understand the logic here at all. Buy players for your first 11 (or potential) then the existing players who already have a lot of questions about them become your squad.

Rolaholic

It's as if people don't realize Ole played with Sheringham, Yorke, and Cole and that each and everyone one of them were needed all throughout the most successful season in club history (arguably).
You also had the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney, Berba and Tevez in the same attack during another one of the club's most successful seasons ever where the squad won a domestic double and finished runners up in the Champions League in 2008/09

The idea that having 4 top attacking talents would somehow be detrimental to one another's development is ridiculous in my opinion

In Rainbows

You also had the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney, Berba and Tevez in the same attack during another one of the club's most successful seasons ever where the squad won a domestic double and finished runners up in the Champions League in 2008/09

The idea that having 4 top attacking talents would somehow be detrimental to one another's development is ridiculous in my opinion
Even if you take out Berba, which is fair when talking our CL winning season. We still had Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Park, and Nani before adding Berba. Even if you're one of those United fans that didn't like the addition of Berba, we had a young talent in Nani outside of Ronaldo, Rooney, and Tevez.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Hadn't seen it mentioned on here already but Winter who is tier 1 for transfers was on a Stretford Paddock transfer podcast today talking about Sancho. I haven't had chance to have a listen to it myself yet but thought it was worth bringing up as he is highly reliable.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Every Journalist & United fans knows or should know this already especially after the report of us will not pay more than 50m. A strategy try to reduce his price, It was exact same strategy that we did on Bissaka, Maguire & Bruno when we told the media about us will not pay the certain amount of money. Not sure why there are United fans think we don't have the money. And I also believed that we have agreed personal term with Sancho roughly. This is just matter of time, we need to be patient since this deal will take time due to high fees.

Infra-red

No, you’re getting confused between the transfer fee and the cost of the transfer.

This is my whole point. The transfer fee is not the issue. The ‘cost’ to United is calculated over the period of the contract.

This immediate season’s finances are no more relevant than those in the remainder of the length of his contract.

We don’t have to be able to afford Sancho this year only.
That depends on the structure of the deal. Dortmund may insist on the entire fee upfront, in which case all of it will be paid this year.

The fact that it will be amortised over the length of Sancho's contract in the club's accounts, is not relevant - amortisation is a non-cash cost.

RC89

Every Journalist & United fans knows or should know this already especially after the report of us will not pay more than 50m. A strategy try to reduce his price, It was exact same strategy that we did on Bissaka, Maguire & Bruno when we told the media about us will not pay the certain amount of money. Not sure why there are United fans think we don't have the money. And I also believed that we have agreed personal term with Sancho roughly. This is just matter of time, we need to be patient since this deal will take time due to high fees.
And it worked 0 times :lol:
World record fee for a CB
World record fee for a FB
And if I'm not mistaken, we went and paid close to what Sporting wanted for Bruno in the end.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Someone has to drop out for him to come in.

Of course it will improve your depth and options from the bench but if you buy Sancho, he's a starter, that means someone in your team at the moment won't be.
Says the person whose team has Werner, Giroud, Abraham, Mount, Ziyech, Hudson Odoi, Pulisic and Willian for the attacking options AND still want to add Havertz to their team. If you find a spot for all of them I’m sure we can find a spot for a future world class player.

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
And it worked 0 times :lol:
World record fee for a CB
World record fee for a FB
And if I'm not mistaken, we went and paid close to what Sporting wanted for Bruno in the end.
I never say it will work but they are trying and when it worked it actually worked well on Bruno. They wanted 70m and we paid 47m plus adds on.

ruskyline

Why on earth would you bench Rashford?

Even talent wise I’d argue he’s not the least talented. Sure Greenwood has been scoring for fun but he still has a lot to learn and provide in games.

Let’s not forget how much input Rashford had in games before he got injured.

It’ll obviously be James getting the least amount of game time. In fact I think he’ll now be back up for Rashford on the left.

I think it would then be Greenwood either coming off the bench for Martial or Sancho.
You bench him when he's not playing well, simple as that. It'll make him more competitive

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Thought I'd post this in here because it might have a impact on Sancho and United.

Bild: BVB has lowered the salary budget as a cost cutting measure due to the Corona Virus. Something that hasn't existed for years.

RC89

I said you are missing my point because whether it works or no is not the point.
No I'm not missing your point. I understand your point. I understand English. I'm laughing because if that's what we're doing, it doesn't work for us. I'm allowed to laugh.

Andi Latte

Thought I'd post this in here because it might have a impact on Sancho and United.

Bild: BVB has lowered the salary budget as a cost cutting measure due to the Corona Virus. Something that hasn't existed for years.
That should silence the voices spouting this "Dortmund are such a financially stable club, they don't need to sell" nonsense.

But it won't :/

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No I'm not missing your point. I understand your point. I understand English. I'm laughing because if that's what we're doing, it doesn't work for us. I'm allowed to laugh.
Nothing is wrong by trying if it worked on Bruno, that was one of the point I was saying.

Last edited:

jamesjimmybyrondean

They are not immune to the impact of the virus. They've been affected too and it could get worse going into next season. I'd even say it would be stupid of them not to cash in on Sancho especially when they will still likely be second in the Bundesliga without him

ruskyline

They are not immune to the impact of the virus. They've been affected too and it could get worse going into next season. I'd even say it would be stupid of them not to cash in on Sancho especially when they will still likely be second in the Bundesliga without him
I wonder if we can use the fact that they are so low on liquid asset that they have to reduce their players wages in our negotiation for Sancho. Surly this is a sign of desperation. I'm torn apart for this player. Should we just give in to their demand and get Sancho or should we negotiate more?

jamesjimmybyrondean

I wonder if we can use the fact that they are so low on liquid asset that they have to reduce their players wages in our negotiation for Sancho. Surly this is a sign of desperation. I'm torn apart for this player. Should we just give in to their demand and get Sancho or should we negotiate more?
If we are the only ones in for him which we are surprisingly, then we should negotiate more. 120m is a stupid amount in Covid market.

predator

Youth NITK
The 'what about x and ys development and game time?' argument has always been one that I've found silly given the stature of our club and our ambitions to become the best team in England.

We have enough game time throughout the course of the season to accommodate 2 players in each 11 positions adequately.

Sign sancho. Let them all fight for their places. We need fierce competition within the squad. Its what sets champions apart from competitors.

ruskyline

If we are the only ones in for him which we are surprisingly, then we should negotiate more. 120m is a stupid amount in Covid market.
It is. Sancho is good, but he's only a promising player that may or may not workout for us. What I'm saying is we could be spending 120m and end up with another Sanchez problem. Heck, even Eden Hazard who was considered one or the best hasn't really worked out.
We are paying as if we are buying a proven player that will 100% work with us which isn't the case. We are taking a risk with him and in this time, 120m is too much. I would love to get him for 50m, and anything over 70m after bonuses is overpaying

EngimaMK

Well that just isn't true. We saved 10m on AWB and a good bunch on Bruno. Admittedly we paid what Leicester wanted for HM but when you're dealing with large sums it's worth haggling.

Man, I'd love to sell to you on commission!

EngimaMK

It is. Sancho is good, but he's only a promising player that may or may not workout for us. What I'm saying is we could be spending 120m and end up with another Sanchez problem. Heck, even Eden Hazard who was considered one or the best hasn't really worked out.
We are paying as if we are buying a proven player that will 100% work with us which isn't the case. We are taking a risk with him and in this time, 120m is too much. I would love to get him for 50m, and anything over 70m after bonuses is overpaying
All the authorities on Sancho on the Caf are hardcore muppetting. Unless they've watched lots of Bundesliga, I suspect they've barely ever seen him play yet "he's worth 120m" or "he's the missing piece" or "just get it done"... It's 100m for feck sake. This is by no means a no brainer. Definitely worth questioning if this is the right deal for us.

ReallyUSA

Also, none of these guys, barring Bruno, have really won as much as Man United is accustomed to. So, it's wild to worry about any of their spots. Sancho is someone you make people uncomfortable with.

flappyjay

One of the main reasons why you’re completely wrong about this is we won’t be financing this deal next season alone.

The cost of this deal will be spread over the entire length of the contract, so what happens if we qualify for Champions League this season, but not the season after, and the season after that, and the season after that...

I don’t know why people are obsessing over Champions League football. It’s just become perceived-wisdom and is completely irrelevant both in terms of affording the deal and from Sancho’s perspective. He could be at United for the next fifteen years so next year is largely immaterial.
Champions league is the new t shirt sales

ruskyline

All the authorities on Sancho on the Caf are hardcore muppetting. Unless they've watched lots of Bundesliga, I suspect they've barely ever seen him play yet "he's worth 120m" or "he's the missing piece" or "just get it done"... It's 100m for feck sake. This is by no means a no brainer. Definitely worth questioning if this is the right deal for us.
It's easy to decide how to spend money when it's not from your account.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
The 'what about x and ys development and game time?' argument has always been one that I've found silly given the stature of our club and our ambitions to become the best team in England.

We have enough game time throughout the course of the season to accommodate 2 players in each 11 positions adequately.

Sign sancho. Let them all fight for their places. We need fierce competition within the squad. Its what sets champions apart from competitors.
Good post. It was exactly like that under Fergie. If we can add top players, just do it!

Scholsey2004

They've just lost Hakimi (RB) from their side so id be inclined to offer Dalot as a makeweight to bring the price down. He hasn't got a cat in hell's chance of getting past Wan Bissaka and we've got Ethan laird coming through. Dalot's very good as an attacking wing-back which fits their system, is one of the highest rated youngsters in europe although I'm not a fan personally, and Dortmund have a track record of developing youngsters. Seems a mutually favourable trade.

They've just lost Hakimi (RB) from their side so id be inclined to offer Dalot as a makeweight to bring the price down. He hasn't got a cat in hell's chance of getting past Wan Bissaka and we've got Ethan laird coming through. Dalot's very good as an attacking wing-back which fits their system, is one of the highest rated youngsters in europe although I'm not a fan personally, and Dortmund have a track record of developing youngsters.
While I wouldn't really mind moving on Dalot despite him being talented, Dortmund have already signed their Hakimi replacement in Meunier. Doubt we'll offer a makeweight, but Dalot is the profile of player they'd be interested in imo

Scholsey2004

While I wouldn't really mind moving on Dalot despite him being talented, Dortmund have already signed their Hakimi replacement in Meunier. Doubt we'll offer a makeweight, but Dalot is the profile of player they'd be interested in imo
I'd forgotten that. Still Meunier is 29 in a couple of months so a raw but talented 21 year old might still be a decent long term signing.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There is no signing that will 100% work. Every signing has a risk attached to him. But on paper Sancho is as good a fit as it gets. He is everything we've lacked on the right hand side.

And the phrase proven is extremely subjective. He has been fantastic for the last year or so whoever that lies on the proven scale.

Finally, I think the market will be impacted by Covid but not the extent you think. Prices aren't going to be halved. Pulisic in this market may have gone for 40 instead of 50. He's not going to cost anyone 20/25. Similarly Sancho isn't going to be available for 50 (plus 20). Besides, for a club that's got the money and tends to overpay (see Maguire and even AWB), it's funny to see people want us to not overpay for the one player out of them all that's absolutely perfect for us and has the most potential. I'm not sure what is too much but I'd stretch that definition for Sancho. I think he'll fit this team wonderfully.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
What i love about the idea of Sancho, besides the fact that we would finally sort out the right wing, is that we still don't score many easy goals. With his eye for a pass from a wide position, rashford, martial and bruno would have many more chances to score. This would help in those tight games where teams come to Old Trafford and we struggle to break them down.

Like Bruno, this transfer looks like it is exactly what we need.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Debating it is fine. But people who are genuinely convinced by his quality aren't necessarily "muppeting". Just because you haven't seen much of it doesn't mean others haven't either.

With regards to price, every club has to be careful about their finances but we are extremely rich. And bagging the best talents is important if we want to truly catch up. Fans get depressed when we replace Ronaldo with Valencia and Owen so at least we're focused on genuine quality and excellence here. That's better than spreading it out over mediocre signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.