Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

There are so many things wrong in this post.
The Sane comps keep getting made without any context. He hadn't played in over a year off with serious injury and was entering the final year of his contract and had made his interest in going back to Germany to join Bayern last summer. All that effectively wiped away most of City's leverage along with the briefings of Bayern being willing to wait it out and sign him for free next year if City didn't sell him this summer.

All of that is why such a good player ended up going for a pretty good fee but make no mistake, he'd be a 100m+ signing under normal circumstances had he been coming off another strong season without injury.

In Sancho's case, Dortmund hold most of the leverage at the moment since he still has 2 years left on his deal so they prefer to sell on their own terms, as the always have, rather than not maximizing on his value. I'll repeat it again, lesser young players of the same age range have gone for quite a bit more than they're asking for recently (1 of them from Dortmund too go figure) so they're well within their rights to demand a decent fee this summer for one of the best playmakers in the world who hasn't even entered his prime yet.

They'd likely have no problem keeping him for another season of CL footy and playing with their other gem in Haaland if they don't get a worthwhile offer.

The thing is that I think this is the best chance we'll ever have to sign him as I don't think any club will have a free run at him next year when the covid related concerns on finances diminish so I'd hope we'd do all we can to make it happen given it would be a needle moving signing like Bruno in my eyes.

romufc

All the authorities on Sancho on the Caf are hardcore muppetting. Unless they've watched lots of Bundesliga, I suspect they've barely ever seen him play yet "he's worth 120m" or "he's the missing piece" or "just get it done"... It's 100m for feck sake. This is by no means a no brainer. Definitely worth questioning if this is the right deal for us.
Why is he the right deal?

1. Can play anywhere in the front line - proven in the Bundesliga
2. Can he play intricate football? yes, we have seen him play one twos for Dortmund
3. Can he assist and score as a winger? yes he can
4. Dribbling - He is probably one of the best dribblers around
5. Can he play with our players? Yes, hes played with them in the England set up
6. Can he play our style?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Oh my god. I'm not mocking you! I'm laughing at our poor success with the strategy. Feckin hell.
Feckin hell mate. I'm not really sure why you are keep having impression that I have an idea about you are mocking me, that's not what I was talking about.

I was trying to tell you that the club's strategy did well on Bruno's and also we actually got Bissaka for 45m + 5m adds on when Crystal Palace wanted 60m. It wasn't as poor as what you imagined.

Last edited:

Infestissumam

It is true. I'm not saying we shouldn't try to haggle. Where did I say that? We're still shit at it. World record for a non world class CB. World record for AWB too. Both of these facts are true. We paid less for AWB, and yes we should.still haggle. But that doesn't disprove my point that were rubbish at it.
not at all a fact. AWB was the second most expensive FB at the time, Mendy was more expensive. Cancelo has since become the most expensive FB, but that was probably down to some accounting trickery with the swap deal for Danilo (just like the Arthur/Pjanic swap deal recently).

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tra...ielerposition_id=98&altersklasse=&leihe=&w_s=

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Some people seem offended that United dont want to pay 120 million for Sancho.They also seem to think Dortmund can demand whatever they want in a covid market. Am even wondering if they are Dortmund fans masquerading as United fans. The truth is Sancho is not a 120 million pound footballer so United are right not wanting to pay that. He is not a Messi, Mbappe or Neymar type player to demand such a fee. Leroy Sane, Wan Bissaka and Bruno went for less than 60 million. These are more accomplished footballers than Sancho. Only a stupid club would pay 120 million on an Unproven player with 2 years left on his contract. Am convinced Woodward has learnt big lessons in the transfer market. He is more likely to walk away from this deal than pay silly money. 50 million offered by United according to some media is not a joke, its actually the right valuation for Sancho who is not proven yet. If you asked me to chose between Leroy Sane and Sancho, its no brainer who is better and surprisingly only cost 50 million.
You are free to not buy Sancho, its up on you. But youre knowledge and arguments are truly laughable. "Unproven player", Compare Sane and Sancho (complete different context), but the best is: Woodward has learnt big lessons. :lol: Come on, you can't be serious. First: Woodward will never learn football or scouting things. He is a buisness man and United would be better since years if Woodward were only handling sponsor-deals and merchandise and got nothing to do with football-related things. Now even a complete stupid wannabe TV-coach can see how great Sancho would fit at this desperate United. In this situation Woodward only has to read some Sportmagazines or read the Caf and get it done. For this, maybe you should say, he can learn one thing: preparing a bid faster. Hell, Dortmund even said whats the deadline. Some outsider could think they know how Woodward is, and try to think for him, bumping into it with his nose , cause he is so lazy and slow, that is common knowledge in the footballworld.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
not at all a fact. AWB was the second most expensive FB at the time, Mendy was more expensive. Cancelo has since become the most expensive FB, but that was probably down to some accounting trickery with the swap deal for Danilo (just like the Arthur/Pjanic swap deal recently).

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tra...ielerposition_id=98&altersklasse=&leihe=&w_s=
Simon Stone said AWB didn't cost more than Walker too. This was his tweet confirming that Walker moved for 53 million. In one of the other tweets, he said Walker still remains the most expensive FB or RB when we signed AWB.

flappyjay

Some people seem offended that United dont want to pay 120 million for Sancho.They also seem to think Dortmund can demand whatever they want in a covid market. Am even wondering if they are Dortmund fans masquerading as United fans. The truth is Sancho is not a 120 million pound footballer so United are right not wanting to pay that. He is not a Messi, Mbappe or Neymar type player to demand such a fee. Leroy Sane, Wan Bissaka and Bruno went for less than 60 million. These are more accomplished footballers than Sancho. Only a stupid club would pay 120 million on an Unproven player with 2 years left on his contract. Am convinced Woodward has learnt big lessons in the transfer market. He is more likely to walk away from this deal than pay silly money. 50 million offered by United according to some media is not a joke, its actually the right valuation for Sancho who is not proven yet. If you asked me to chose between Leroy Sane and Sancho, its no brainer who is better and surprisingly only cost 50 million.
It's OK guys he is a newbie. They post such every now and then.

TheReligion

Abusive
You are free to not buy Sancho, its up on you. But youre knowledge and arguments are truly laughable. "Unproven player", Compare Sane and Sancho (complete different context), but the best is: Woodward has learnt big lessons. :lol: Come on, you can't be serious. First: Woodward will never learn football or scouting things. He is a buisness man and United would be better since years if Woodward were only handling sponsor-deals and merchandise and got nothing to do with football-related things. Now even a complete stupid wannabe TV-coach can see how great Sancho would fit at this desperate United. In this situation Woodward only has to read some Sportmagazines or read the Caf and get it done. For this, maybe you should say, he can learn one thing: preparing a bid faster. Hell, Dortmund even said whats the deadline. Some outsider could think they know how Woodward is, and try to think for him, bumping into it with his nose , cause he is so lazy and slow, that is common knowledge in the footballworld.
This is gold. One WUM being caught out by another.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It’s funny because people think Sancho is unproven, yet he’s probably been Dortmund’s best player (definitely top 3) this year for the most part and I think many would agree that Dortmund would have thrashed us if we played each other this year (although I think on current form we are better). So how exactly is he unproven? Because he didn’t get those numbers against the mighty defensive units of Burnley and Crystal Palace?

Infestissumam

It’s funny because people think Sancho is unproven, yet he’s probably been Dortmund’s best player (definitely top 3) this year for the most part and I think many would agree that Dortmund would have thrashed us if we played each other this year (although I think on current form we are better). So how exactly is he unproven? Because he didn’t get those numbers against the mighty defensive units of Burnley and Crystal Palace?
it's nothing but a ridiculous notion, so best to ignore it. Personally thought Sancho was the Bundesliga MVP this season ... no other club was as dependent on a single player.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We beat City 3x, Spurs & Chelsea 3x this season. Not sure where did you get the idea.

Red_toad

Dortmund have produced many players who’ve looked excellent for them, then flopped once they’ve moved to amore competitive league. I’m not saying Sancho is one of them, but there is form with Dortmund players. Şahin, Dembele, Kagawa and Mkhitaryan all looked shadows of their previous selves after leaving Dortmund.

dbs235

Some nice milestones for the thread - 300 pages and 2 million views.

Stretender

This is gold. One WUM being caught out by another.
No Sir am not a WUM. If giving my own opinion is WUMING then I can't help anyone with that. Its pointless anyway trying to argue that one's opinion is correct than another person's opinion because opinions are what they are, just opinions not facts. My opinion is the same, Sancho is not a 120 million pound footballer. How about everyone waits until Woodward has written the cheque. Like I said Sancho is a good player to have at United but I wouldn't value him at 120 million. If he goes for 120 mil, I will hold my hands up and say I lost the argument. But the key word in this is Opinion. My opinion is mine ,we live in Britain and everyone has a right to their opinion.No one has to agree with it.Good night everyone am a newbie so can only post a limited comments. This is a great place to be as a United fan. Good forumn.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
No Sir am not a WUM. If giving my own opinion is WUMING then I can't help anyone with that. Its pointless anyway trying to argue that one's opinion is correct than another person's opinion because opinions are what they are, just opinions not facts. My opinion is the same, Sancho is not a 120 million pound footballer. How about everyone waits until Woodward has written the cheque. Like I said Sancho is a good player to have at United but I wouldn't value him at 120 million. If he goes for 120 mil, I will hold my hands up and say I lost the argument. But the key word in this is Opinion. My opinion is mine ,we live in Britain and everyone has a right to their opinion.No one has to agree with it.Good night everyone am a newbie so can only post a limited comments. This is a great place to be as a United fan. Good forumn.
Sancho is a bit overrated on here tbh. Probably because he’s a Young, promising English player. But I still think he would be perfect for the RW spot at Utd. And therefore the ’50 Mill valuation’ is a bit low in my opinion. Of course some rivals Will point at the Sane sale and say that anything over 50 Mill is too much. Well, I dont agree with that.
I would say for United he’s worth much more since the RW spot have been screaming for someone to take the spot for years!
I think this transfer Will happen, after the league and cups been played. And this thread Will go up to like 450 pages.

80 Mill + 15 add ons. Not a penny more. He’s not a PL proven player so anything can happen.

Judas

Open to offers
If someone had told me after that defeat to Burnley in January we'd be looking pretty much nailed on to be signing Sancho I'd literally have laughed and I'm sure at the time I was mocking people still talking about us getting him, I'm pretty impressed and amazed by the turnaround.

Basically, thanks Bruno.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
They wont get 120 mill with 2 year contract left so they better just take the 70 Mill + add ons and be done with it. They can fleece Barca or whatever but not us. feck em

KChucky88

They wont get 120 mill with 2 year contract left so they better just take the 70 Mill + add ons and be done with it. They can fleece Barca or whatever but not us. feck em
Not yet because next two week and two day time will man utd sign him or not

E-mal

That’s my ideal scenario but won’t necessarily happen. I defo think we need a pacy CB to partner Maguire though, we look suspect defensively when being counter attacked as the Spurs and Bournemouth games have showed.
Yeah, Upemecano, Grealish and Sancho will be a good summer.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
They'd get 70m+add ons next year too. I mean my own club would probably be interested at that price.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
They'd get 70m+add ons next year too. I mean my own club would probably be interested at that price.
They don’t have to accept anything from you, unless they were strong armed by the player, which they won’t be.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Oh cmon you greedy bastard;) Didnt you just sign Sane for a decent fee? And what about all the other german talent you sneek up from Dortmund, Bayer, Leipzig etc.. We need this, you dont.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
You just paid £44.2m for an established player who just has an year left ( rising upto 55). You are never paying Dortmund 70m for Sancho.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
You just paid £44.2m for an established player who just has an year left ( rising upto 55). You are never paying Dortmund 70m for Sancho.
That wasn't the point. The point is that a lot of clubs would easily pay such a sum next year even if he had just one year left on his contract. I mean that is really nothing in the current age (it's a freaking Pepe) and COVID won't lower prices forever which everyone in Dortmund knows too.

They will also look at the whole Havertz thing that is going on and think "why should an older player that isn't english and who scored less over the last two seasons be sold for more". I doubt that Dortmund wants to look weaker on the transfer market than freaking Leverkusen.
So my expectation is that Havertz will go for 80-90 (maybe 100m with bonuses) in total while Dortmund will insist on 100m+bonuses to bring it up to 120m in total. That would be in line with deals like Dembele which had a similar back and forth and Dortmund got exactly what they wanted from the beginning.
I just don't see a reason for them to sell for less. Unlike Dembele Sancho isn't even creating any pressure and Dortmund doesn't need such an influx of money (they got Haaland and Can in the winter break as early next season signings). They really only need to invest bigger if they sell Sancho.

Status
Not open for further replies.