Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
90m is a good price actually. You may argue it’s still expensive in this coronavirus market, but don’t forget Joao Felix went to Atletico for 113m last summer. Sancho, IMHO, is definitely better talent, and should at least worth 120-130m under normal market. So 90m is already at least 25% discount.

SpyLuke10

Hunch or ITK ?
Hunch haha, but I definitely do think Sancho will happen in the coming weeks, probably late July.

G5, who is apparently the most reliable ITK on r/muppetiers, said this earlier today: "Got word that a deal had been accepted, all terms on all parties involved, on one of the targets with Ed's team." 4 days ago they said this: "Sancho, Grealish, Vdb, and Rice are being worked on by, or directly adjacent to Eds team so expect a LOT of the usual press malarkey." Coincidentally, ITK 4, who is the other one out of all the ITKs there that people seem to hold in high regard, apparently said this within 5 minutes of what the other person said: "Clubs spoke and reached direct verbal agreements. Official signatures and legal are left." Another ITK also said the legal team has been pulled off Sancho, suggesting the paperwork for a bid is pretty much done.

Now this could all be bullshit, but those two ITKs do apparently have a good track record.

Stretender

I really hope that we drive a hard bargain for this one. For once, we are in the driving seat of not being desperate and Dortmund will be increasingly anxious to cash in on him.

If we still end up paying over 100 million for him in this post pandemic world, then it would be utter stupidity.

Yeah, he seems like the last block in the puzzle but IMHO he's not that brilliant as is often made out to be. Let's keep in mind that the quality of defending in Bundesliga is abysmal and he's coming from Dortmund, which is a very system reliant team (kagawa and mikhi).

A 100 million plus sum should be reserved for proven quality or a sure thing. Really hope we do not end up paying over 80 million for him
I agree with every word you have said. Be careful though, someone will call you a WUM for saying defending in Bundesliga is abysmal and that 100 million should be reserved for proven quality or a sure thing. Apparently because someone overpaid for Felix, United should just pay whatever Dortmund demand. This is Caf logic at its best.Your comment about playing for Dortmund being system dependent is also a valid point. Every time I have seen Sancho play for England, which is a different system altogether, he hasn't looked anything special. It would be good to have him play for United but there is some serious overating of him here.

sport2793

I read enough of this subreddit last transfer window to know that the "in the knows" are ignorant, attention-seeking charlatans who have literally never been right about anything. I'm also genuinely worried about the mental health of the people who post there.
Na those were different ITKs, the current ones came later.

sport2793

Throw enough shit to the wall and some will stick.

They are proven to be serial bullshitters last summer and some of them was comically bad, driven by none other than Manutd reddit mod.
Like I said, the group of ITKs are different now compared to last summer and there is a lot more evidence to demonstrate their reliability. They even banned the main bs merchant (kermit).

Lemansky

Like I said, the group of ITKs are different now compared to last summer and there is a lot more evidence to demonstrate their reliability. They even banned the main bs merchant (kermit).
I reckon it was a big surprise for them that a guy called Kermit was a bs merchant. Big blow.

Judas

Open to offers
The ITK stuff is fun, but I'd rather the thread didn't get too bogged down in waffle about some lads on reddit who may or may not be pretending to have info.

I don't know why we don't have a Reddit ITK thread so this could all get contained. Yeah they might be telling the truth, and to be fair I love reading it as its entertaining, but chances are it is complete rubbish.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The ITK stuff is fun, but I'd rather the thread didn't get too bogged down in waffle about some lads on reddit who may or may not be pretending to have info.

I don't know why we don't have a Reddit ITK thread so this could all get contained. Yeah they might be telling the truth, and to be fair I love reading it as its entertaining, but chances are it is complete rubbish.
Agreed, and even if the ITK stuff is reliable it's a waste of time because the club is probably actively contacting multiple players and back-ups.

They have target A, B, C all in contention and ask for valuations, make offers, and if A and B fallout, then C happens.

Until the player is next to the manager with a shirt in their hand signing a contract it's honestly not worth hanging too much hope on some of what people say

mkso

I read enough of this subreddit last transfer window to know that the "in the knows" are ignorant, attention-seeking charlatans who have literally never been right about anything. I'm also genuinely worried about the mental health of the people who post there.
Totally agree, people should stop reading these fake ITK, remember these ITKs in this subreddit said De ligt, Rabiot and Bruno were done deals last summer.

Last edited:

El Zoido

And constant tweets from people on twitter is better? It’s a thread to discuss it, nothing is happening. Frankly the Reddit ITK posts are the most interesting this thread has been in 200 pages.

Judas

Open to offers
Well the tweets from actual journalists while often wrong are probably a bit more worthy of debate than ITK69, but we've all got our own personal taste, as I said I find it fun and entertaining, but wouldn't want to see pages of discussion on actual muppets from Reddit. I follow that subreddit and a lad on twitter who has a great track record, I still don't think much or any of it is worth being talked about like its gospel.

Think Zorc's comments are far more worthy of getting excited about than some faceless nameless ITK personally. Seems pretty obvious to me something is happening? Unless you're just not paying attention.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I'm a little limited in terms of my knowledge with cup competitions and covid, would new signings be eligible for the Europa League in the case of signing?

Given players could join or leave before August when the competitions resume?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
No they needed to be registered back in January I do believe.
According to ESPN you are right
What about players in the Champions League and Europa League?

The plan is for both tournaments to play out through August, but players should remain with their current clubs and see out the season. But this is only a guideline, as we've seen with Werner joining Chelsea even though RB Leipzig are in the quarterfinals of the Champions League. FIFA could not stop Chelsea from completing the move and the player from leaving his previous club before the Champions League begins again.

Barcelona midfielder Arthur has joined Juventus in a transfer worth up to €82 million, with Miralem Pjanic moving in the other direction -- but they will see out the domestic and European season. It's possible they could face each other in the Champions League playing for their old clubs vs. their new clubs.

Clubs will also not be able to make signings to play in Europe in August.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
usually when you a high level person at a club talking of a transfer, it's going to happen.

Sancho has clearly told them he wants to leave, now they just want to get as much money as possible.

I think £120m isn't realistic, but around £90m is a fair price. Dortmund risk losing half that money if they wait until next year, and could potentially have an unhappy player underachieving all season. They'd be better cashing in and replacing him with somebody who's motivated - similar to us with Lukaku.

Donald Silverbridge

I see Borussia Dortmund have changed their tune regarding him, I want us to get this done as soon as possible, No summer-long saga.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
What's the hold up on this? Are you negotiating via carrier pigeon?

Seriously though, I'd love to know why transfers seem to take so long. Surely your top dude picks up the phone to their top dude and they hash it out.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

Seriously though, I'd love to know why transfers seem to take so long. Surely your top dude picks up the phone to their top dude and they hash it out.
Are you genuinely perplexed by this or just wanting to wind up?

It’s a massive financial commitment not something you just “hash out” it involes legal departments, marketing, agents, scouting etc so much goes into it and if the fee is anywhere near what is reported I would much prefer the club do due diligence than rush it.

Im fairly confident it’ll be done soon after our last PL game.

TheReligion

Abusive

We aren't playing with Russian oil money here you know! There's a bit more due diligence to do when you're not a billionaires plaything.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Are you genuinely perplexed by this or just wanting to wind up?

It’s a massive financial commitment not something you just “hash out” it involes legal departments, marketing, agents, scouting etc so much goes into it and if the fee is anywhere near what is reported I would much prefer the club do due diligence than rush it.

Im fairly confident it’ll be done soon after our last PL game.
Once the decision has been made to buy a player, it should not take weeks and weeks. This is not Man Uniteds first (or second, or third) time buying big and it's also not Dortmund's first time selling big.

I'm not trying to have a dig at all, just always seems bizarre when transfers drag out for ages then miraculously get done 2 mins before the deadline closes, almost as though the two clubs are playing chicken with each other.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
We aren't playing with Russian oil money here you know! There's a bit more due diligence to do when you're not a billionaires plaything.
Not just russian oil, but oil in general.

Why do all football clubs owned by oil companies wear blue home kits?

TheReligion

Abusive
Jealousy is a horrible colour on you.

And I'm not having a dig, the Hazard transfer took forever to get done for us but others were done fast.
There's nothing to be jealous of fortunately. It's nice to spend your own money :drool:

I think there's alot the goes on behind the scenes we don't know about. In addition the very big deals are often timed in line with sponsorships and other off field committments.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It hasn't been in doubt for awhile has it mate, now more and more people are seeing what's been obvious for awhile.
Aye we called it ages ago, all the information and feeling around this one was different than from many others. Jadon is coming, if nothing else the tweets and updates from Dortmund are the most obvious for me.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Once the decision has been made to buy a player, it should not take weeks and weeks. This is not Man Uniteds first (or second, or third) time buying big and it's also not Dortmund's first time selling big.

I'm not trying to have a dig at all, just always seems bizarre when transfers drag out for ages then miraculously get done 2 mins before the deadline closes, almost as though the two clubs are playing chicken with each other.
The thing is United have historically had more scrutiny over their deals and get used all the time to raise fees for other clubs by agents and players. We are in a very privileged and equally frustrating position where we can attempt these massive deals but at the same time the slightest hint of interest (or often no evidence whatsoever) and it’s in the papers.

Everyone in world football knows how badly we want a RW and finding one who is talented, young and British is the absolute goldmine for United. Dortmund will know this and will rightly try to get the most they can for him. Equally the papers will have recognised early in his good fit before a deal was being negotiated. You say it shouldn’t take weeks but the reality is that the biggest deals need preparation and planning and sometimes rumours start before we’re actually at the table discussing things. Coronavirus also doesn’t help.

Sancho would be a potentially record signing and so United are going to want to make sure they have done everything possible to get the best deal for themselves. It’s not like he has a release clause and then bam you’re negotiating with the player Dortmund have only just finished their season were in the middle of a battle for Champions League which could influence our ability to sign players and the season hasn’t even ended yet.

Ultimately I don’t care if it’s done now or on deadline day as long as it’s the right player and in Sancho’s case if he performs to his Dortmund levels at United I don’t think many would bemoan the time we waited another month.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Think we are just waiting to see if we get the CL.

Sancho might not want to join unless we have it, or maybe we won't be able to afford him without the extra revenue. Who knows.

I think the issue is the press are talking about it WAY ahead of us actually making our move, so it makes it feel like we're being slow.

we will see movement when the season ends im sure.

croadyman

Yeah that sounds like a fair idea and a good way of keeping it in one place

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
From The Athletic article posted 5 hours ago, summary below:

Headline states "United's spending will be measured but they do have the funds for Sancho"

- United have a budget of £50m net. Budget is bolstered if we sell Sancehz, Rojo, Jones, Smalling. We'd also consider Lingard (obviously) and Dalot.
- This budget is not fixed because the financial impact of the pandemic are still unknown and the market is in a state of flux.
- Given our ambition to close the gap, insiders believe we will have an intention to have a big pot of cash to spend, but advertising this openly will affect our negotiating position.

The pandemic hit to our club is believed to be around £110m.

croadyman

From The Athletic article posted 5 hours ago, summary below:

- Sancho a prime target
- United have a budget of £50m net. Budget is bolstered if we sell Sancehz, Rojo, Jones, Smalling. We'd also consider Lingard (obviously) and Dalot.
- This budget is not fixed because the financial impact of the pandemic are still unknown and the market is in a state of flux.
- Given our ambition to close the gap, insiders believe we will have an intention to have a big pot of cash to spend, but advertising this openly will affect our negotiating position.

The pandemic hit to our club is believed to be around £110m.
So in other words quite smartly Utd do not want to show their hand in how much they have available.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So in other words quite smartly Utd do not want to show their hand in how much they have available.
That's right, and we'll probably get Sancho if push comes to shove but will stretch it out to squeeze Dortmund.

Mr Smith

But they are. Of course they are. That's negotiation 101. They're constantly having to go back and forth, and check things with they're higher ups. More to the point, it's not the only deal they're working on. These are busy guys, and even if Sancho is the club's top priority, they're not spending all day, every day on it.

Suv666

Yeah all this ITK shit is bull.
Its bizzare redditors think some lad will put his job in jeopardy, during a pandemic no less just to quench some thirsty muppets on the internet.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
The thing is United have historically had more scrutiny over their deals and get used all the time to raise fees for other clubs by agents and players. We are in a very privileged and equally frustrating position where we can attempt these massive deals but at the same time the slightest hint of interest (or often no evidence whatsoever) and it’s in the papers.

Everyone in world football knows how badly we want a RW and finding one who is talented, young and British is the absolute goldmine for United. Dortmund will know this and will rightly try to get the most they can for him. Equally the papers will have recognised early in his good fit before a deal was being negotiated. You say it shouldn’t take weeks but the reality is that the biggest deals need preparation and planning and sometimes rumours start before we’re actually at the table discussing things. Coronavirus also doesn’t help.

Sancho would be a potentially record signing and so United are going to want to make sure they have done everything possible to get the best deal for themselves. It’s not like he has a release clause and then bam you’re negotiating with the player Dortmund have only just finished their season were in the middle of a battle for Champions League which could influence our ability to sign players and the season hasn’t even ended yet.

Ultimately I don’t care if it’s done now or on deadline day as long as it’s the right player and in Sancho’s case if he performs to his Dortmund levels at United I don’t think many would bemoan the time we waited another month.
The deadline day was literally set by Dortmund itself. For a reason. So United has to hurry to scratch this money together. Zorc won't change the plans of the club and their strategy only cause of a United who always needs ages to get some shit together.

Status
Not open for further replies.