Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Pep’s already said they’re not going back for him and his camp have said they’re not going back to City. City are replacing their back line this summer.
Pretty sure they will get a forward as well with sane going
Aguero, jesus Stirling, mahrez and Forden/ silva both probabky getting games in central midfield as well as wide.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I've seen it before when United signed Sanchez and pushed Martial to a different position. Fecked everything up in the end. Rashford won't be benched, he's the new golden boy and 19/20 has been his breakout season, he's been one of the best attackers in the league. Currently United are paying about 450k/week for both Martial and Rashford and both of them are delivering the goods, can't see United changing that.

Greenwood is perfect where he is, 6 scorer in 8 games, i don't see him moving to the central position in the next couple years.

I don't remember Mbappe spending much time on the bench after he forced his way into Monaco's starting eleven. Sancho and before Dembele have been playing week in and week out, anything else should be disappointing for Greenwood. Just because he didn't cost a shitload of money doesn't mean he's not as good as someone like Sancho. United should do a loan deal for someone cheap and continue playing that front three.

And yes, give Pogba a blank cheque, he's Uniteds best and most important player, IMO.
I get your point - "If it ain't broke don't fix". Our current attacking trio looks like it's only in need of a backup RW instead of splashing 100m on Sancho. Given MMMs young age too you'd want the trio to keep developing together to become among the best attacking trio in football. It's a good argument because you can use the 100m meant for Sancho and get a back up RW, CB and backup AM and with that we could be challenging for the major titles.

While it's a good argument, Sancho is one of the best young players and has been one of the best wingers this season and I don't think we should turn our backs on that. He's going to replace Greenwood in the starting 11 but this is good competition

Given Sancho's versatility, Greenwood would get loads of playing time. If Rashford is out we play Sancho Martial and Greenwood. If Bruno is out we play Sancho in Bruno's role and Greenwood takes over RW. Greenwood can also get some game time as ST. I think what would give Greenwood less game time instead would be the signing of both Sancho and Grealish. Because Grealish covers LW and AM too which are the roles Sancho would be covering that allow Greenwood more time in RW. Let's also not rule out the possibility of Greenwood replacing underperforming attackers

RazorOz

I've seen it before when United signed Sanchez and pushed Martial to a different position. Fecked everything up in the end. Rashford won't be benched, he's the new golden boy and 19/20 has been his breakout season, he's been one of the best attackers in the league. Currently United are paying about 450k/week for both Martial and Rashford and both of them are delivering the goods, can't see United changing that.

Greenwood is perfect where he is, 6 scorer in 8 games, i don't see him moving to the central position in the next couple years.

I think Klopp sees it differently otherwise he would have asked Liverpool to pay the money required for Werner. He's been more up and down this season but overall very good, IMO. It's been said before without him Mane and Salah couldn't be playing the way they're doing now.

I don't remember Mbappe spending much time on the bench after he forced his way into Monaco's starting eleven. Sancho and before Dembele have been playing week in and week out, anything else should be disappointing for Greenwood. Just because he didn't cost a shitload of money doesn't mean he's not as good as someone like Sancho. United should do a loan deal for someone cheap and continue playing that front three.

And yes, give Pogba a blank cheque, he's Uniteds best and most important player, IMO.
It's not comparable at all to Sanchez though, Sanchez flopped because we bought a player already on the wane living off past glories, compounded further by coming into a Mourinho team which pretty much no attacking player was shining in anyway.

Who gets benched should be on performances not wages. Rashford/Martial are not at the level where they are undroppable.

I don't see how a loan deal for someone cheap will suit Utd at all, who are you going to get that is remotely good enough on those terms? You will just end up adding someone of the level we already have on the bench.

And off topic but it's hard to argue Fernandes hasn't been Utd's most important player, ok Pogba wasn't playing either, but before Fernandes coming in Utd were heading for 6-7th place with the same group of players that people are seriously arguing could now win the league next season. That's some turnaround.

crossy1686

career ending
Pretty sure they will get a forward as well with sane going
Aguero, jesus Stirling, mahrez and Forden/ silva both probabky getting games in central midfield as well as wide.
Depends how much FFP kicks their arse. They wouldn't dare go out and spend £300m after getting a CL ban for FFP regulations

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Let's also not rule out the possibility of Greenwood replacing underperforming attackers
Let's also not rule out the certainty that Greenwood will also face a loss of form or long absence due to injury. Ditto Rashford and Martial.

Giggs, Ronaldo and Rooney all had extended periods of indifferent form before age 21.

Am surprised so many have very blinkered or shortsighted views on this.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Let's also not rule out the certainty that Greenwood will also face a loss of form or long absence due to injury. Ditto Rashford and Martial.

Giggs, Ronaldo and Rooney all had extended periods of indifferent form before age 21.

Am surprised so many have very blinkered or shortsighted views on this.
We've spent so many years crying out for an RW and we are looking like we are about to get one of the best young players in the world that plays there and suddenly we shouldn't? Isn't life strange

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Well, I hope it's sooner rather than later because I can't imagine we're the only team interested.
Quite plausible that Sancho wants to come back to England after a spell abroad. Which already rules out Juventus PSG Real. That's before we assume they're considering him.

Then over here, Pep doesnt seem to like him, Chelsea have already planned without him and Liverpool don't need him.

We should take our time, attack is the least of our worries. I wouldnt even mind if we prioritised a search for a CB and midfielder while we let this one play out.

Walters_19_MuFc

Like who? No one else has even been mentioned to be reportedly interested in Sancho other than ourselves.
Quite plausible that Sancho wants to come back to England after a spell abroad. Which already rules out Juventus PSG Real. That's before we assume they're considering him.

Then over here, Pep doesnt seem to like him, Chelsea have already planned without him and Liverpool don't need him.

We should take our time, attack is the least of our worries. I wouldnt even mind if we prioritised a search for a CB and midfielder while we let this one play out.
Fair enough, but it's not unheard of where teams hijack players last minute.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
We need a creative midfielder badly,we don't have anyone after Bruno and Pogba.
While I do agree we need backup, I’m not sure it’s needed as badly as you assume.

If Bruno can’t play, Pogba can play that position while Fred/McT can take Pogba’s position.

We’d only seriously be in trouble if both couldn’t play and even then, there’s Fred to take Pogba’s place while a new signing (Sancho/alternative) could potentially play Bruno’s position.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Fair enough, but it's not unheard of where teams hijack players last minute.
There's always that risk sure, but I think it's a bit remote. We haven't even finished the league yet so I'm sure we aren't making any official bids before we are certain that's confirmed. It has a direct link to sponsorship revenues and TV rights.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I get your point - "If it ain't broke don't fix". Our current attacking trio looks like it's only in need of a backup RW instead of splashing 100m on Sancho. Given MMMs young age too you'd want the trio to keep developing together to become among the best attacking trio in football. It's a good argument because you can use the 100m meant for Sancho and get a back up RW, CB and backup AM and with that we could be challenging for the major titles.

While it's a good argument, Sancho is one of the best young players and has been one of the best wingers this season and I don't think we should turn our backs on that. He's going to replace Greenwood in the starting 11 but this is good competition

Given Sancho's versatility, Greenwood would get loads of playing time. If Rashford is out we play Sancho Martial and Greenwood. If Bruno is out we play Sancho in Bruno's role and Greenwood takes over RW. Greenwood can also get some game time as ST. I think what would give Greenwood less game time instead would be the signing of both Sancho and Grealish. Because Grealish covers LW and AM too which are the roles Sancho would be covering that allow Greenwood more time in RW. Let's also not rule out the possibility of Greenwood replacing underperforming attackers
I agree but the Dortmund camp continue to sound like nobody’s getting any or much of a discount on the Sancho price this summer. If that’s actually the case, while it also leaves us little to no room to invest in other positions, than I’m not sure it’s worth it.

Greenwoods emergence shouldn’t halt our initiative to sign a generational talent like Sancho but his emergence does indicate there’s no need to risk the chunk of our budget on one player which could negatively impact our transfer business for the next 2/3 windows. It easily can be the case if covid continues to affect our financial revenues. Let’s say we do get a RW, we still need a CB, CM and maybe another striker and in today’s market a decent one of each costs around £50m on average and that’s £150m we’d potentially need for next summer.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I agree but the Dortmund camp continue to sound like nobody’s getting any or much of a discount on the Sancho price this summer. If that’s actually the case, while it also leaves us little to no room to invest in other positions, than I’m not sure it’s worth it.

Greenwoods emergence shouldn’t halt our initiative to sign a generational talent like Sancho but his emergence does indicate there’s no need to risk the chunk of our budget on one player which could negatively impact our transfer business for the next 2/3 windows. It easily can be the case if covid continues to affect our financial revenues. Let’s say we do get a RW, we still need a CB, CM and maybe another striker and in today’s market a decent one of each costs around £50m on average and that’s £150m we’d potentially need for next summer.
At what point do negotiations stop? We don't negotiate in the press. What is our budget? It may effect us but it won't be only us. It will be every club baring oil run clubs and in that case, you'll probably see an increate in p/x. We don't know enough yet. We don't know what's coming through from the youth. Lots of speculation. They mentioned they want it down in about a months time so we just have to be patient.

Rolaholic

Getting the feeling this might a bit more further along than has been reported if we're hearing talk of agent fees already...

The fact that Dortmund themselves are publicly sending positive signals every other day regarding their openness to sell makes me think we're already in communication

Suvvernmanc

Getting the feeling this might a bit more further along than has been reported if we're hearing talk of agent fees already...

The fact that Dortmund themselves are publicly sending positive signals every other day regarding their openness to sell makes me think we're already in communication
Can you imagine if we were not in negotiation at this point.? Yet bvb are publicly saying about getting stuff sorted asap so that theysre ready for next season etc.. This says that talks are well under way. Nothing has changed though, we need to agree a fee and a deal will be done. It's as simple as that.

RooneyLegend

What's Woody up to anyways? Isn't Dortmunds season done already? Just get it done. I'm already having wet dreams of a Greenwood, Martial, Sancho frontline with Pognandes supplying the ammunition.:drool::drool::drool::devil:

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
What's Woody up to anyways? Isn't Dortmunds season done already? Just get it done. I'm already having wet dreams of a Greenwood, Martial, Sancho frontline with Pognandes supplying the ammunition.:drool::drool::drool::devil:
Makes no sense to 'get the deal done' with the squad gunning for top 4.

First of all the board need to know which option to put forward financially based on CL qualification.

Second of all if there's players in the squad that might be playing a part who are being sold in the summer, it might make them not perform as well in the games knowing Sancho is on his way.

Obviously the club must have been briefed (and the players) but focus on top 4 first, then announce it.

In Rainbows

It's not comparable at all to Sanchez though, Sanchez flopped because we bought a player already on the wane living off past glories, compounded further by coming into a Mourinho team which pretty much no attacking player was shining in anyway.

Who gets benched should be on performances not wages. Rashford/Martial are not at the level where they are undroppable.

I don't see how a loan deal for someone cheap will suit Utd at all, who are you going to get that is remotely good enough on those terms? You will just end up adding someone of the level we already have on the bench.

And off topic but it's hard to argue Fernandes hasn't been Utd's most important player, ok Pogba wasn't playing either, but before Fernandes coming in Utd were heading for 6-7th place with the same group of players that people are seriously arguing could now win the league next season. That's some turnaround.
Plus Sanchez came in to a team where Rashford and Martial were competing for the left wing spot given that Lukaku was still on the team and both Rashford & Martial can't play on the right (although we did try Martial on the right at times). So that's 4 players for 2 spots, not 3 spots like in this hypothetical with Sancho.

Mata and Lingard were our right wingers for the most part.

Bondi77

Again I think the circumstances are different. Werner again is quite overrated in my opinion, he’s a couple notches below Sancho and if I’m not mistaken he has a release clause? Dortmund are a bigger club with more resources and I think in Sancho we are talking about an Mbappe level talent. When the precedent has already been set for Dembele ages years ago I really don’t see us getting Sancho for much less than £100 and I disagree that could be considered anything other than a good deal anyway.
He is not Mbappe level and that is in my humble opinion.
Let us as fans not make the mistake of selling the player to ourselves before he has arrived.
I think he looks like a real talent as a winger who can play on both sides and he has done that with aplomb in the German League but he has not played in the Premier League yet where the intensity is higher so I reserve my judgement.
The precedent that was set with Dembele will not apply now as times have changed as I am sure we are all aware.
Your opinion of Werner being overrated I find a bit strange as he is doing what Sancho is doing and that is excelling in the German League and while Sane only had one year left on his contract (one more than Sancho) he was excellent in the Premier League when he was playing in it.
When I made the original post I meant it as a way of bargaining for Sancho as I am sure we will not go into the bargaining process drooling at the mouth over the sheer mention of his name.... I sincerely hope not anyway.

SecondFig

I'd imagine that Sancho is waiting to see if we get a Champions' League place, and probably that Woodward is waiting for the same as that will have a huge impact on our finances for next year.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I'd imagine that Sancho is waiting to see if we get a Champions' League place, and probably that Woodward is waiting for the same as that will have a huge impact on our finances for next year.
If City are eliminated the top 4 is already set.

Walters_19_MuFc

:lol: Yes, it does! For the same reason you didn't impulse buy a Lamborghini today.
But if there's people interested in that Lamborghini, I'd make sure I secure it ASAP.

And please don't say there's no other teams interested in Sancho, because the fact is, we don't know that.

crossy1686

career ending
But if there's people interested in that Lamborghini, I'd make sure I secure it ASAP.

And please don't say there's no other teams interested in Sancho, because the fact is, we don't know that.
:lol: :lol: Can you afford said Lamborghini in this hypothetical conversation?

If so, we better fecking watch out, I heard Rochdale have got their eye on him as well, would be embarrassing if they beat us to the signing.

Walters_19_MuFc

:lol: :lol: Can you afford said Lamborghini in this hypothetical conversation?

If so, we better fecking watch out, I heard Rochdale have got their eye on him as well, would be embarrassing if they beat us to the signing.
No, but in this situation, we're talking about potential clubs, other than ourselves, who have the funds to buy him.

crossy1686

career ending
No, but in this situation, we're talking about potential clubs, other than ourselves, who have the funds to buy him.
No one does in this COVID market which is why Dortmund are doing their best to drum up some business to push us into paying what they want. You're making up scenarios now to feed your paranoia about missing out on Sancho.

If we do miss out on him it's because we didn't agree to pay what Dortmund are asking for this summer, not because some other random unnamed club all of a sudden have pipped us to it.

Walters_19_MuFc

No one does in this COVID market which is why Dortmund are doing their best to drum up some business to push us into paying what they want. You're making up scenarios now to feed your paranoia about missing out on Sancho.

If we do miss out on him it's because we didn't agree to pay what Dortmund are asking for this summer, not because some other random unnamed club all of a sudden have pipped us to it.
Making up scenarios and feeding my paranoia because I said other teams could be interested in one of the best young players in the world? My fault!

Only because we're not willing to pay what is rumoured to be about 100M, doesnt mean others wouldnt. May not happen, but it certainly isnt impossible. Boils down to how much a team wants him.

Same thing happened when we went in for Maguire and Sanchez. We got them both because we were willing to pay what other clubs werent.

I do think we will get Sancho if we really want him but as my initial point was, lets not go on like its a free run to him because we simply dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.