Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Err... I agree we need Sancho.. but I don’t think Sancho is any older than Rashford, Martial and Greenwood, if your concern is their age...
What the poster meant is that young players are inconsistent and you want at least to have another option. If Sancho in the period of inconsistent form, Greenwood is available for an option to challenge or take his spot and this also applies to Rashford & Martial.

Womp

idiot
Raphael Honigstein in his piece on Jude Bellingham reported the below about Sancho in The Athletic.

“Sancho, a player who arrived as a Manchester City academy graduate in 2017 and is set to return to the red half of Manchester for £110 million this summer or for a little less next year...”

https://theathletic.com/1928429/202...ngham-city/?amp#click=https://t.co/RGrXzcTBAv
Reports have been consistent throughout, we pay what they want or he doesn't move this window. Problem is, I don't see anyone paying that fee.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Reports have been consistent throughout, we pay what they want or he doesn't move this window. Problem is, I don't see anyone paying that fee.
Leaks from Dortmund. I think we'll get him and it will be less than 100m.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
The stars are aligning, this is so happening.

I think this is our only piece of busines this summer, but maybe we can squeeze in a CB if we get rid of Smalling, Jones and Rojo.

DCP

This will happen the the price will shock everyone. £70m+ various add ons. Price will be reported at about £95m

inside scoop here. Best mates with Sancho’s sisters ex’s new girlfriends dog groomer.

Womp

idiot
Leaks from Dortmund. I think we'll get him and it will be less than 100m.
I'm not so sure. Dortmund are notoriously quite stubborn with these things and we are notoriously quite bad at negotiating lower prices.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
It's a matter of when not if and honestly I think we'd get him even if the unthinkable happened and we didn't qualify for the CL.
Yeah some in the 'press are opportunistic pieces of trash'

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So pre-assists are thing now :lol:
Soon there will be pre pre-assists too.
It is indeed a thing and don't be surprised to see more stats that are currently used in the NHL appear in Football, there are game mechanics that are similar in Hockey and Football but Hockey is more advanced when it comes to advanced stats. So for example there is a point where goals will have primary and secondary assist providers, the NHL has them since the 30s.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
It is indeed a thing and don't be surprised to see more stats that are currently used in the NHL appear in Football, there are game mechanics that are similar in Hockey and Football but Hockey is more advanced when it comes to advanced stats. So for example there is a point where goals will have primary and secondary assist providers, the NHL has them since the 30s.
Football could also learn a thing or two about fisticuffs from the NHL. This would improve the game immensely.

croadyman

The stars are aligning, this is so happening.

I think this is our only piece of busines this summer, but maybe we can squeeze in a CB if we get rid of Smalling, Jones and Rojo.
Yeah and hopefully some midfield depth if we can sell Lingard & Sanchez too

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He reportedly pulled out of a prospective deal with us last summer, when it became clear we wouldn't be playing CL football. It may well be a prerequisite for him.

As you say, we probably cannot finance the deal without CL football anyway, so Sancho's personal preferences are unlikely to come in to it.

We need top 4!
I tend to think that it's more about how confident he can be that we are moving forward the right way and will quickly become a force again. So even if we just missed out on CL qualification, if we finish the season strongly and it looks like we're going to smash it in easily next season then that will hopefully be enough. Last season we didn't just miss out on CL but we collapsed badly at the end. Honestly, we basically spent the entire season in a state of collapse and it was only that brilliant run we went on when Ole first took over that had our season in a remotely respectable position.

Sancho just wouldn't want to be in a situation like Pogba was where he joined us and we proceeded to be fairly shit for three years and played poor football with a badly out-of-touch manager. And speaking of Pogba, he's probably in the same situation with his contract negotiations. If he's now confident we're coming good he'll hopefully sign the new one.

Last edited:

Rolaholic

So sounds like the £80-90m + 20m in add ons we've seen floated around would = the €110-120m figure Dortmund can brag about

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If we are only planning the one transfer this summer I’d have no problem with us overpaying and inflating the market for everyone else.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

So sounds like the £80-90m + 20m in add ons we've seen floated around would = the €110-120m figure Dortmund can brag about
He needs to work on his German to English translation

croadyman

If we are only planning the one transfer this summer I’d have no problem with us overpaying and inflating the market for everyone else.
Absolutely certain that signing anyone else is dependent on money raised from player sales

mav_9me

I think actually if we dont get CL we may be forced to pay up to get him. But if we get CL, then we will try to haggle price down using Sancho's interest.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Before I elaborate on the bolded parts I’d just like to kindly point out that all your subjective and assumptive statements might need a fact check hence the need for elaboration..

1) Not sure what evidence you have to suggest Woodward has always been relaxed..when in fact he’s been there with a checkbook proactively spending close to a £1bn since SAF left. We spent backing each manager spontaneously and only seemed to be relaxed or (perhaps cautious?) when we weren’t sure if we should back our managers any further and sometimes rightfully so.

2)The one that is nearly always first with their business is usually buying up and coming talent at peanuts£ or buying has-beens/mediocre talent so the negotiations are very easy. All the same while the one that’s always last with their business is trying to buy the best in the market, players like the one you nurture for us while your fans are inclined to accept mediocrity year over year (mediocrity because in your league there’s no point coming 2nd when the 1st club hasn’t changed for almost a decade so everyone below isn’t champion level). Sure you get into the CL but all it gets you is more money and no trophies. The point is that your argument is again factually baseless because your club has not been able to back their strategy of getting business done early in correlation to winning trophies/cups. What have you gained by being prompt in the transfer market?

3) Sure our structure does lack a DoF but that’s because our structure has a very strong infrastructure and maybe we know how to survive without a DoF (at-least in the short term if not the long term?) To blatantly state that the lack of a DoF is affecting our transfer policy is again factually baseless. There is a whole further elaborate argument to be made in defence of being okay without a DoF recently but I don’t want to stray away too far from the topic of this thread (Sancho).

If you decide to respond back, perhaps you can convince me otherwise, with some factual data or evidence to back your response with?

To conclude, yes now both our clubs have to meet each other (again) in an upcoming transaction (Sancho), so I am actually eager to see the sums that will be agreed, how the deal is designed in terms of the breakup of the payment fee, and if this deadline that you’re talking about (again presumptuous) played a role in speeding up the transfer.
1) Woodward is and was never pro-activ act in wise forseeing, he only reacts. Look at transfers like a 20 Million loan of Falcao or other stupid decisions. He had to spend so much, cause he has no clue (what football we want to play, who we need therefor, which coaches would be perfect, which prospect could fit in our philosophy and system..). Compare this to other clubs, you will have a hard time finding a person who will say Woodward made the best deals and pro-activ moves for his club and got a vision for the future, compared to other clubs.
2) Oh now you make it a bit to easy, no? Last example is Haaland. You think this was easy to get him? Aks Woodward and then think again.
3)I won't argue with you if a DoF is necessary or not. This is discussed thousand times in here and if you are one of the person you think youre club doesn't need one, fine. I think the whole development of United and falling far behind Liverpool and Shity proofes that United needs a DoF desperatly, since years. The whole structure is so outdated, all the mess Woodward could create the years after SAF is based on that.

And about the whole "no trophys, your players you get wins you nothing" argument: It was well described by a other german poster (a Bayern fan indeed) what was the path of Dortmund and how well they are climbing up the ladder, step by step. Nobody could have imagined 5 years ago that Dortmund are the club nr 1 now when it comes to world-class talents like Sancho or Haaland. Nobody could have imagined that we can afford a Witsel or got the atraction to get such players we are getting now. And we are not at the end of this development.
And yeah, we are wanting to speed up the transfer. Of course. Cause we have targets in sight, cause there is a plan, we dont need years to know what we need and how it should develop and fit together.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What does the last bit even mean? We’re only gonna bid if we qualify?
Think so. It's a bit broken English but he's basically saying If United qualify for the CL then Sancho is expecting us to bid £120m to sign him this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.