Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

So, what is your point, he can justify the supposed price tag if he plays eight more games this season? Ok, lets be petty Mbappe cost £130m if Sancho costs 100m he needs to play approximately 33 more mins this season.....seriously?
He's not as good as MBappe. Do you disagree? Then what you said makes sense

Litch

Why loan him back?
My thinking is if he signs, its probably going to cost in excess of 80m+. The pressure from the english media is stupid at the best of times and year in Germany will take a bit of the hype away from the transfer. It will give him another year to develop including physically and mentally too rather than in this goldfish bowl.....

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
My thinking is if he signs, its probably going to cost in excess of 80m+. The pressure from the english media is stupid at the best of times and year in Germany will take a bit of the hype away from the transfer. It will give him another year to develop including physically and mentally too rather than in this goldfish bowl.....
Maybe he is mentally tough enough to deal with it? I don't think he needs to stay in Germany for the physical part. I do feel we should have 2 players who can play RW if we sign him just so he isn't the only one and he can be rotated, but the loan for me is a worry because well... would Dortmund prioritise him?

He seems to be dealing with being a key player for Dortmund in a title race well enough mentally.

Litch

Maybe he is mentally tough enough to deal with it? I don't think he needs to stay in Germany for the physical part. I do feel we should have 2 players who can play RW if we sign him just so he isn't the only one and he can be rotated, but the loan for me is a worry because well... would Dortmund prioritise him?

He seems to be dealing with being a key player for Dortmund in a title race well enough mentally.
So did the other two we signed from them previously and look how they turned out.

Cassidy

So did the other two we signed from them previously and look how they turned out.
And look how Lewandoski Gundogan and Dembele turned out. We all already knew Mhiki had mentality issues before he was signed by the way. Its not the fact that they came from Dortmund that is the issue

lewwoo

Need more than one season in a lesser league to make that judgement before handing over record fee.
And then have to compete with other big clubs. No we need to snap him up while we are in pole posistion and without much competition.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Sancho is already showing that he's mentally tough by going to a different environment etc. I'm 99% he'll be a world class player for years to come.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is a bit similar to Hazard in his all-round game, but with more potential to go with it since he is so young. Teams need to put 2-3 players on him to contain him. Opposition teams already do that against us with Pogba and Martial on our left side. Something got to give when we face teams with Sancho on our right side, surely some of our guys up front is going to get the space to do the magic each game. Would be the perfect signing.

Litch

And look how Lewandoski Gundogan and Dembele turned out. We all already knew Mhiki had mentality issues before he was signed by the way. Its not the fact that they came from Dortmund that is the issue
Not suggesting that it's a Dortmund issue, saying that the mentality of playing for a big club in Germany doesn't compare to Utd which was the original point. He might be mentally strong and certainly grew a set going to Germany to forge a career but I'm sorry, I need more than one breakthrough season to spend 80m on him. This Utd shirt weighs heavier than any other in the league and especially on a 18 year olds shoulders....

Litch

And then have to compete with other big clubs. No we need to snap him up while we are in pole posistion and without much competition.
Pole position? Whys that then, can't no one else bid at the end of the season? Great potential but the figures are ridiculous imo. It's not my money but the precedence is unhealthy and would bite us in the back side with future targets as this will be the barometer.

Cassidy

Not suggesting that it's a Dortmund issue, saying that the mentality of playing for a big club in Germany doesn't compare to Utd which was the original point. He might be mentally strong and certainly grew a set going to Germany to forge a career but I'm sorry, I need more than one breakthrough season to spend 80m on him. This Utd shirt weighs heavier than any other in the league and especially on a 18 year olds shoulders....
But you would be happy to spend 80m and then loan him back and then he comes a year after and we find out then he doesn't have the mentality? I don't understand your logic.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Of course it does. Playing for a top team in Germany expecting to challenge for the title is exactly the same. If he can do it there he can do it here.

If you don’t rate him that’s fine, but I guarantee if we sign him he will be top class.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Need more than one season in a lesser league to make that judgement before handing over record fee.
I'm comfortable making that judgment. No need to wait when you need the player now. Like every player he may have to adapt and gel with the team/league, but I'd bank on his natural talent.

BurtSpangle

He'll come here and look rubbish, because our attack, regardless of the quality of players, generally looks rubbish. Somehow since Fergie left we've made Depay, Falcao, Rooney, Van Persie, Di Maria, Mata, Alexis, Mkhitaryan, Kagawa look rubbish. Martial, Rashford and Lingard also look pretty poor most of the time.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
You've posted this exact same thing, word-for-word in the Hudson-Odoi thread. How can you say he has been through the "rough and tumble of the PL" when he has started zero games in it?
Absolutely nothing wrong with my double-post and the mods have no problem with it. You don't like it? Tough. Bundesliga clubs were completely whitewashed by PL teams in case you need evidence of how much the Bundesliga has become a joke, one-club league. Sancho has potential, but Odoi is miles better. He has already played well against PL sides and in Europe, and has acquitted himself very well in an England shirt. It would be preposterous for Utd to chose Sancho over Odoi.

Scholsey2004

Absolutely nothing wrong with my double-post and the mods have no problem with it. You don't like it? Tough. Bundesliga clubs were completely whitewashed by PL teams in case you need evidence of how much the Bundesliga has become a joke, one-club league. Sancho has potential, but Odoi is miles better. He has already played well against PL sides and in Europe, and has acquitted himself very well in an England shirt. It would be preposterous for Utd to chose Sancho over Odoi.
Sancho is better than Hudson Odoi.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
One club league despite Dortmund being joint 1st right now... ok.

As previously said, Odoi has zero PL starts. He's been playing in Europa against low tier clubs, hardly a ringing endorsement. You're wildly overstating Odios achievements and completely belittling Sanchos (bit odd frankly).

Final sentence is a joke, laughable.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I used to think that maybe with a strong bid, he could be gettable this summer but Dortmund is looking very determined to keep a hold of him, as they should. However, I think the kid in Portugal, Joao Felix, might be even better than Sancho and while he'd cost a ton of money as well, he may be a bit less complicated to negotiate for.

tieunhilang

I used to think that maybe with a strong bid, he could be gettable this summer but Dortmund is looking very determined to keep a hold of him, as they should. However, I think the kid in Portugal, Joao Felix, might be even better than Sancho and while he'd cost a ton of money as well, he may be a bit less complicated to negotiate for.
Based on what? What's his style? Does he play on the right wing and have good dribble/pace as well as end-product also? :annoyed:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Based on what? What's his style? Does he play on the right wing and have good dribble/pace as well as end-product also? :annoyed:
He feels like he has now flaws from what I've seen of him which has been a few games and some compilations, and he reminds me of Kaka' (although he's not quite as fast but Kaka was ridiculous in his prime). He's already strong physically, great touch, great dribbler, can head the ball well and finish, has great vision, and can play anywhere on the field. I think he's the next big thing along with Sancho when it comes to ridiculously talented 18 years old.

SiRed

BS in my opinion.

Zorc has just reiterated that transfer talk is irrelevant and they are already making plans for next season which includes Sancho. They’ve already sold Pulisic;they don’t need to sell again. We’d be bonkers to splash 100m on him right now.

Not that I think we are ever going to!
Cheers.

Im not sure it would be bonkers to pay that for him but each to there own

crossy1686

career ending
Odoi is a better player than Sancho. He is more mature, physically stronger and more confident, and has been thru the rough and tumble of the PL whilst Sancho is playing in a one-team league full of junk outfits. I'm sure even Bayern are now bored to death in that league.
Love this.

The guy has played about 25 minutes of PL football and he's the next Messi. You're not the only one doing this, there's a whole bunch of sensationalists in his thread saying the same thing.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
It's fecking baffling to be honest, had to go and check stats to make sure I hadn't missed something, here:

Sancho's numbers at Dortmund:

Hudson-Odoi's numbers at Chelsea:

Apart from that. Anyone who watched the under 17 world cup triumph could see Sancho, Foden and Brewster were top dogs. Amongst the huge pool of serioustalent england had including Hudson Odoi and Gomes. To name a few

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Odoi does have 4 goals and 2 assists in 8 Europa League games.

It is possible to praise one without grilling the other.

Classical Mechanic

Odoi does have 4 goals and 2 assists in 8 Europa League games.

It is possible to praise one without grilling the other.
He actually has a goal or assist every 69 minutes in the EL this season.

@crossy1686 post is absolutely nonsensical and a terrible interpretation of statistics. CHO has only played 119 minutes in the Premier League this season across 6 substitute appearances. He hasn't had a proper chance to prove himself at that level yet. At every other level, EL, EFL, FA Cup and now international level where he has been given a proper chance, he has done extremely well:

5 goals and 5 assists in 823 minutes, or a goal or assist contribution every 82 minutes.

That said, Sancho is more proven at this point at a higher level but I see them as being similarly talented.

Last edited:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It's fecking baffling to be honest, had to go and check stats to make sure I hadn't missed something, here:

Sancho's numbers at Dortmund:

Hudson-Odoi's numbers at Chelsea:

You've excluded all of CHO's European and cup games but included them for Sancho.

Sancho is well ahead of CHO, you don't need to do that sort of sneaky stuff!

BurtSpangle

Sancho clearly looks the more refined player. Hudson-Odoi reminds me of Zaha in the way that he moves, not that Zaha isn't a good player, but he's not top level.

Classical Mechanic

Sancho clearly looks the more refined player. Hudson-Odoi reminds me of Zaha in the way that he moves, not that Zaha isn't a good player, but he's not top level.
The way that Zaha moves isn't the problem, its that he gets dispossessed and loses the ball more than any other player about. CHO looks after the ball far better so any similarities in running style doesn't mean much I don't think.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Whether we go for Sancho or CHO, I really hope United sign the best of the next generation of England players.

A really talented bunch coming through the ranks right now.

Devil may care

Agreed, I think Sancho's maturity in his use of the ball is his standout attribute.

BurtSpangle

The way that Zaha moves isn't the problem, its that he gets dispossessed and loses the ball more than any other player about. CHO looks after the ball far better so any similarities in running style doesn't mean much I don't think.
Hmmm, his dribbling style is similar to Zaha's. Doesn't seem to keep the ball as close to him as other dribblers, much longer strides.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Disagree. Zaha hasn't got rid of that stop-start dribbling which slows down play on occasion. Hudson - Odoi looks far more direct and passes more when it's a better option, Zaha seems to go on tryingto beat players even when he's run into a cul-de-sac

Status
Not open for further replies.