Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yes on both counts because at this point both of those clubs are better run (in a footballing sense) and they both have more ambition than us at the moment. Sorry to say this but its true.
Well run clubs don't shatter their transfer record(s) on a player that won't be a first team player.. unless you think Sancho will play ahead of established players at both clubs?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If we are genuinely serious about getting back to the top then this lad has to be our priority. It makes too much sense. If we can’t get him this summer we need to get another top prospect in. Pepe looks good. It’s a Liverpool type signing. He will do damage to any opponent on his day.

The Nani

I think if we bring in a quality creative player like Sancho on the right or playing behind rashford and martial as well as getting a midfielder who can help pogba in the creative stakes then the pace merchants like martial and rashford making the runs would look a hell of a lot more effective as would the full backs because there'd be players picking them out. At the moment we've got just one major creative outlet in pogba so opposing teams only need to nullify that one player to severely blunt our attacking prospects.
Bruno Fernandes. Add him and Sancho and we would be a different proposition altogether in attack.

So many matches teams just cheat and press us down the left because there is little to no threat from the right. Acres of space is afforded to Mata, Lingard and Young yet they do nothing with it.

And every time Pogba touches the ball he’s surrounded by multiple markers.

We simply don’t have enough proper quality across the pitch to keep teams honest at present.

This also requires adding a quality RB, but we already knew that.

I’d also love to be rid of Lukaku if we can land Felix or Jovic. But either way, fixing the right side and adding another midfield threat should be the priorities. And Sancho would go a long way to fixing that issue by his damn self.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Bruno Fernandes. Add him and Sancho and we would be a different proposition altogether in attack.

So many matches teams just cheat and press us down the left because there is little to no threat from the right. Acres of space is afforded to Mata, Lingard and Young yet they do nothing with it.

And every time Pogba touches the ball he’s surrounded by multiple markers.

We simply don’t have enough proper quality across the pitch to keep teams honest at present.

This also requires adding a quality RB, but we already knew that.

I’d also love to be rid of Lukaku if we can land Felix or Jovic. But either way, fixing the right side and adding another midfield threat should be the priorities. And Sancho would go a long way to fixing that issue by his damn self.
Felix would be great but we still need a player to come in from the right.

If only there was another Salah out there

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
We simply have to go all out and sign this guy. Him, Rashford and Martial will make a potent attack.

Then sign a work horse MF and a RB and possibly a CB. That is four players.

We simply have to sign Sancho though or else it will just be more of the same next season.

Inigo Montoya

We simply have to go all out and sign this guy. Him, Rashford and Martial will make a potent attack.

We simply have to sign Sancho though or else it will just be more of the same next season.
We can go all out but unless we offer crazy money, he’s not being sold!

The Nani

We can go all out but unless we offer crazy money, he’s not being sold!
An offer in the neighborhood of £100m would be impossible for Dortmund to refuse. And considering the market, his talent and the fact that we literally don’t have one winger at present, we should just pay it and prepare to laugh about it ten years from now.

lsd

The Oracle

You fall for every of hype do you ?

Inigo Montoya

An offer in the neighborhood of £100m would be impossible for Dortmund to refuse. And considering the market, his talent and the fact that we literally don’t have one winger at present, we should just pay it and prepare to laugh about it ten years from now.
I suppose selling a bit of dead wood would recover about 50-70 million?
Do able

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Itd be a signing like Mbappe to PSG, De Jong to Barca and more than likely de ligt to Barca. One of the elite young players and in a position of need for us and would be a statement signing. Of course, we need a new midfield and half a defence, but we cant let Sancho slip away.

Judas

Open to offers
Honestly the idea of relying on Martial makes me pretty worried about next season, we could do with someone else on the LW too. Literally have way too many issues with our squad.

NoPace

Honestly the idea of relying on Martial makes me pretty worried about next season, we could do with someone else on the LW too. Literally have way too many issues with our squad.
It's wild. We're down to just Shaw, Lindelof, De Gea and Pogba you'd really back to be a good player on our starting XI next year, maybe one one or two of Rashford, Martial or Fred if you're optimistic.

In Rainbows

Itd be a signing like Mbappe to PSG, De Jong to Barca and more than likely de ligt to Barca. One of the elite young players and in a position of need for us and would be a statement signing. Of course, we need a new midfield and half a defence, but we cant let Sancho slip away.
Getting Sancho might even make losing Pogba not feel as bad. Reason being that we would now have Sancho, Greenwood, Gomes, Laird, O'Connor, and Garner. We would be in a good position in regards to that generation. Of course, almost all of those players still need to prove themselves, but they're talented. It's the reason why I want de Ligt so badly too. If we can't have a top side right now, at least put us in a great footing to be the next dominant side.

Barca are already making steps towards that with Dembele, De Jong, Arthur, Puig, Todibo, and Lenglet.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Some games just fly past him, barely an outlet at times. I’d go as far as saying it’s a priority to sign 2 wingers.

joedirt87

Sportsbild today saying Dortmund defo won't sell this summer
We offer them enough money they will. while he still has a couple seasons under contract, the more that ticks down the less bargaining power they have, plus there is always the threat of Bayern coming in and stealing him for nothing.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
We offer them enough money they will. while he still has a couple seasons under contract, the more that ticks down the less bargaining power they have, plus there is always the threat of Bayern coming in and stealing him for nothing.
there really isn't. That happened once (Lewandowski), and it was of Dortmund's own choosing that they let him run down the last year of his contract.

They haven't done it since, and won't do it with Sancho.

Loublaze

ATLien
Can't wait for United to sign this kid so our growing army of spoiled fans can bitch about his price tag every time he doesn't have an 8/10 or better game. Should be fun

Cliche Guevara

there really isn't. That happened once (Lewandowski), and it was of Dortmund's own choosing that they let him run down the last year of his contract.

They haven't done it since, and won't do it with Sancho.
So they’ll sell him then. Which is what he said.

NotQuiteManc

Some games just fly past him, barely an outlet at times. I’d go as far as saying it’s a priority to sign 2 wingers.
Probably that's why the rumour of Lozano coming to OT might have some truth in it. Can play on both wings, and be decent backup at least, ala Chicarito? Either way, every player needs to have competitions to keep them on their toes.

The Nani

Mbappe will likely leave PSG sooner rather than later though.

I think Sancho would be a Rooneyesque signing. That’s how much I think of his talent and his potential to influence the team over the long term. Which puts into perspective the importance of getting this kid in a red shirt.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Probably that's why the rumour of Lozano coming to OT might have some truth in it. Can play on both wings, and be decent backup at least, ala Chicarito? Either way, every player needs to have competitions to keep them on their toes.
A lot of reports that say Chicharito telling him good things about us. Apparently he’s a big United fan too. Called it his dream move. I’d love him at United.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Imagine the pressure on this lad if we smashed down 100m for him!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I was going to do a gag about how if we bought Sancho, I could just edit my Sanchez shirt.

Then realised it says ALEXIS on the back.
Doh!

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So they’ll sell him then. Which is what he said.
Well, he actually said 'steal him for nothing'. I had to check actually, as I read your reply and thought I'd read what he wrote wrong :D But no, I didn't.

Not that it matters anyway, it's all just speculation here. No one actually has a clue what Dortmund will do, me included.

Fer

Is there any other winger you prefer instead of Sancho?

Cliche Guevara

Well, he actually said 'steal him for nothing'. I had to check actually, as I read your reply and thought I'd read what he wrote wrong :D But no, I didn't.

Not that it matters anyway, it's all just speculation here. No one actually has a clue what Dortmund will do, me included.
He said if Dortmund don’t sell him Bayern will take him when he’s free.

You said Dortmund won’t let Bayern take him for free. Therefore Dortmund will sell him. Which was his point.

ColoRed

deep in the west where the sun gets dusty
Supports
Cologne / Manchester
He said if Dortmund don’t sell him Bayern will take him when he’s free.

You said Dortmund won’t let Bayern take him for free. Therefore Dortmund will sell him. Which was his point.
but not next season, believe me. His contract runs until 2022, BVB will sell him in 2020 for crazy money, they have no need to sell him now. Well, maybe if he does a Dembele and refuse to train etc ;)

Robertd0803

Feels like we must sign him now if that makes sense. If we do everything will be ok, if not we will be stuck in the same place for another season at least.

Patrick08

Hardly doubt it. His frame, and body will struggle in the epl to deliver same levels for at least a year, which is my guess. Cafe likes to big up this signing like those you mentioned but here the game is way more different than in Bundesliga and specially Dortmund. Every Dortmund players struggles in different teams which is a history you can not deny, from Sahin, to Kagawa, gotze, mkh, dembele didn't hit the ground running as well, though he was more developed than Sancho both game wise and physically, but Barcelona had the players to take pressure off him with their elite stars.

Surely he may be a very good player in the future, even in epl but at the moment he is not ready to take the league by storm for the fee which is quoted and that along with media and united fan base adds a whole lot different pressure he may struggle to cope with it with the demands of tough competition in the league both intensity and physical wise and may be he will lose out his place to lingard again when he struggles for form or with tiredness. I thinking waiting a year makes much much more sense and if he develops the same rate of even further the fee to get him next year won't make much of a difference to be honest and he will be better tested and more experienced and developed for the challenge at united.

I think we should use this money a whole lot better this season than splashing very big cash on a still developing 19 year old and get 2 other options for that price including a midfielder and another wide player capable of playing on the right and or may be on a loan.

Its good to plan and get players as a long term investment plan though it must be backed with the short term success to smooth the initial transition period and I feel this transition period he will be better equipped to handle if he plays another season at Dortmund and shine.

marktan

Hardly doubt it. His frame, and body will struggle in the epl to deliver same levels for at least a year, which is my guess. Cafe likes to big up this signing like those you mentioned but here the game is way more different than in Bundesliga and specially Dortmund. Every Dortmund players struggles in different teams which is a history you can not deny, from Sahin, to Kagawa, gotze, mkh, dembele didn't hit the ground running as well, though he was more developed than Sancho both game wise and physically, but Barcelona had the players to take pressure off him with their elite stars.

Surely he may be a very good player in the future, even in epl but at the moment he is not ready to take the league by storm for the fee which is quoted and that along with media and united fan base adds a whole lot different pressure he may struggle to cope with it with the demands of tough competition in the league both intensity and physical wise and may be he will lose out his place to lingard again when he struggles for form or with tiredness. I thinking waiting a year makes much much more sense and if he develops the same rate of even further the fee to get him next year won't make much of a difference to be honest and he will be better tested and more experienced and developed for the challenge at united.

I think we should use this money a whole lot better this season than splashing very big cash on a still developing 19 year old and get 2 other options for that price including a midfielder and another wide player capable of playing on the right and or may be on a loan.

Its good to plan and get players as a long term investment plan though it must be backed with the short term success to smooth the initial transition period and I feel this transition period he will be better equipped to handle if he plays another season at Dortmund and shine.
He is a bit too slight for the PL at the moment true, and he could well struggle in his first season. But some of the things he's done with the ball at Dortmund.. only the very very top can do that. For me it's like signing Hazard pre-Chelsea, not everyone knew how good he was but after they did. I think Sancho will quite comfortably enter into that tier of players. I'd be much more happier singing him for around £70m - £80m then average players for £40-£50m. He's only just turned 19, so he'll improve physically and I'd love to be able to watch a player of his skill here, imo the last player we had that could regularly beat a man like Sancho can was Ronaldo.. and Nani for about 1-2 seasons.

C'est Moi Cantona

Feels like we must sign him now if that makes sense. If we do everything will be ok, if not we will be stuck in the same place for another season at least.
I'm probably missing a joke in here somewhere, but surely you're not been serious.

It'll be nice to have him, but if we're spending £200 m, and this lad is costing at least half of it, then I'd be worried. It'd be a massive amount of pressure on a young kid, and no way near enough improvement elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.