Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I can't see why not, they signed Witsel and Deleany and neither are world beaters.
Delaney made sense, he was a "late bloomer", took a time to step up at Copenhagen.
Witsel was a good market oportunity. He played here at Benfica and as a Benfica fan i can tell you he was one of the most talented midfielders from the last seasons to play at the portuguese league. Unfortunately for his career, he prefered to become the record wage player in the russian league instead of signing for a "real club".

His transfer to China probably had similar logic. He totally wasted his sports career, but in terms of money earned he probably had a sucessful one.

RuudTom83

If I was Sancho I'd tell us to do one until we have sorted ourselves out, he is progressing nicely where he is, so why would he want to risk setting himself back, as so many players seem to do when they come here.

It's like we're trying to put the finishing touches to something, but in reality we need to build the foundations yet.
Totally agree

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I can't see why not, they signed Witsel and Deleany and neither are world beaters.
Witsel if a fine midfielder actually, certainly a cut above plenty of midfielders in the PL and could do a really good job for plenty of teams in this league by the way! But for whatever reason he took a very strange career path. Which worked out well for Dortmund in the end.

As for Zaha. BVB will actually spend decent fees on players these days, it's not the same as it was between 2005-2012 when the club was still working through the near bankruptcy, so had small budgets to work with. But for someone like Zaha, if it's some daft PL inflated fee, then no, it would'nt happen. I hope it was just a rumour anyway, he's massively overrated.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He is too expensive for BVB. BVB, just like Ajax, signs players for cheap and sell for big profit.
That's why I was baffled with that post, because BVB likes to gamble on players who are having a solid career, are a bit under the radar and can eventually step up, or rough diamonds who need time to develop.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Witsel if a fine midfielder actually, certainly a cut above plenty of midfielders in the PL and could do a really good job for plenty of teams in this league by the way! But for whatever reason he took a very strange career path. Which worked out well for Dortmund in the end.

As for Zaha. BVB will actually spend decent fees on players these days, it's not the same as it was between 2005-2012 when the club was still working through the near bankruptcy, so had small budgets to work with. But for someone like Zaha, if it's some daft PL inflated fee, then no, it would'nt happen. I hope it was just a rumour anyway, he's massively overrated.
I second about Witsel. He was a very complete midfielder who went for the gold. Can't really judge him, since 99% of world's population would probably accept a millionaire offer from a Dubai company even if they had an offer to work on Google / Volkswagen / Apple / etc

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Witsel for €20m was a brilliant opportunity for Dortmund and he's been worth every cent this season. They signed him and Delaney, because their midfield was pushed over too easily in the past, so they were looking specifically for exprience and mentality, to make them more robust in the center.
I don't think that has much to do with a possible replacement for Sancho though, especially since it appears they are already signing T.Hazard, who himself is an older winger with questions about his consistency.

mav_9me

Dont know how we're going to get the best out of him technically when BVB passing and offensive game looks light years ahead of ours.
In general agree they are better with their passing and movement.

But I would refer you to where we were in the initial weeks of Ole, when we showed decent attacking. I think where we've really tailed off is our physical intensity/work rate which applies to attack as well as defense. Whether that's lack of fitness or lack of desire/hunger only Ole and his staff can judge. Point remains that we are not as bad as we've been, whether we can get that back, time will tell.

Witsel for €20m was a brilliant opportunity for Dortmund and he's been worth every cent this season. They signed him and Delaney, because their midfield was pushed over too easily in the past, so they were looking specifically for exprience and mentality, to make them more robust in the center.
I don't think that has much to do with a possible replacement for Sancho though, especially since it appears they are already signing T.Hazard, who himself is an older winger with questions about his consistency.
That's exactly my point - they're solid players just like Zaha. If BVB can get him for a good fee he would be a good signing for them.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That's exactly my point - they're solid players just like Zaha. If BVB can get him for a good fee he would be a good signing for them.
Zaha would be better (re)signing for your club more that Dortmund I would say, as you seem lacking in the winger department. Although he'd get CL football at Dortmund, and probably won't at United next season. But anyway, it's not going to happen, you have to add the crazy PL fee factor, and Dortmund won't spend the PL premium for a player.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'd argue that Witsel is better than solid, but regardless of that it's something else entirely to sign a solid player for a defensive role than it is to spend huge money on a player who is just solid in an attacking role.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Zaha would be better (re)signing for your club more that Dortmund I would say, as you seem lacking in the winger department. Although he'd get CL football at Dortmund, and probably won't at United next season. But anyway, it's not going to happen, you have to add the crazy PL fee factor, and Dortmund won't spend the PL premium for a player.
Considering we get 50% of the sell on, it would just come back to you if you were to sell us Sancho. A deal could definitely be done if both players wanted to.

edit: It may not be 50% actually. maybe 25%.

Tremonia

Supports
BVB
Where have you heard/seen this mate?
Both Zorc and Watzke repeatedly said so, e.g. Watze on spox.com in early April “Alle wissen, dass Jadon nächstes Jahr noch bei uns spielt. Das ist so, da gibt es auch keinen Preis. Und weil man das in Europa weiß, hat sich niemand bei uns erkundigt.“ -

“Everybody knows that Jadon will play for us next year. That‘s it and there is no price tag for him. And since everybody in Europe knows this nobody has inquired about him.“

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Sancho seems to have a good head on his shoulders, I doubt he'd go to Madrid, he knows he's not got guaranteed playtime there like he would at other teams. Besides, I don't think he'd go for that kind of money unless teams pushed for him this summer. I think the most likely scenario is that he stays with Dortmund for another season, continues to develop free of pressure, then leaves the summer after for a team of his choice in the £100m or above range.

DSG

Nor should we. The boy is talented and all that but he's not an Mbappe type player who's development is almost complete.
I’d be thrilled to have him, even at 180m. We won’t get him if the likes of Real are in for him.

In this market, Mbappe would go for 350m and he’d never come to Man Utd...

That being said, Sancho would be Ed Woodward’s wet dream. A lot of commercial opportunities with that kid...

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Sancho seems to have a good head on his shoulders, I doubt he'd go to Madrid, he knows he's not got guaranteed playtime there like he would at other teams. Besides, I don't think he'd go for that kind of money unless teams pushed for him this summer. I think the most likely scenario is that he stays with Dortmund for another season, continues to develop free of pressure, then leaves the summer after for a team of his choice in the £100m or above range.
Of course he'd go to Madrid if they came in and offered money like that for him. Who the hell wouldn't?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
From what I read Sancho was a priority in the young project of Madrid and was about to sign, but finally opted for Borussia.
It would be reasonable to try to sign him again, but that price is disproportionate.
Surely Zidane likes him but I doubt that he heads any list of signings.
It is said that he wants to play 4-2-3-1, to fit Hazard on the left and Vinicius / Asensio on the right ?. Doesn't he play on the right too?

Tremonia

Supports
BVB
There's always fake news to bump up the price. If I was his agent, I'd be saying that too.
In today's press conference ahead of the match against Schalke no journalist mentioned the Bild-article and asked Zorc - who was present - about it, even not the Bild-journalists themselves. So it does not seem to be very hot. 180 EUR is a lot of money for a club like Dortmund but Zorc and Watzke both have been very clear about not selling Sancho this summer I doubt that they will change their mind. Sancho will achieve a good price in 2020, too. So there is no big risk in keeping him.

RooneyLegend

I’d be thrilled to have him, even at 180m. We won’t get him if the likes of Real are in for him.

That being said, Sancho would be Ed Woodward’s wet dream. A lot of commercial opportunities with that kid...

180 million would make him the second most expensive player ever...the man is just a very talented youngster not some superstar. What market is that? no prem club has spent over 100million for a player yet ffs.

Inter Yer Nan

From what I read Sancho was a priority in the young project of Madrid and was about to sign, but finally opted for Borussia.
It would be reasonable to try to sign him again, but that price is disproportionate.
It is said that he wants to play 4-2-3-1, to fit Hazard on the left and Vinicius / Asensio on the right ?. Doesn't he play on the right too?
Yes, he plays on the right. I don't doubt there's interest (from Madrid) but I think they won't value him as much as we would and I think the player would choose England himself.

Redo91

Yes he primarily plays on the right for Dortmund but he seems to have a licence to roam. Personally think he would be mad to go to RM. Hazard looks nailed on to go there and then there’s also Vinicius and Rodrygo who are serious talents.

Walters_19_MuFc

I like Sancho and will be over the moon if we sign him, but it all depends on how we want to play next season.

If we want a winger to get to the byline and get crosses in, then he's our man. He can cut inside too, but he loves getting down the sides.

If we play with a front three, then we should be targeting a goalscoring winger like Pepe.

pascell

I like Sancho and will be over the moon if we sign him, but it all depends on how we want to play next season.

If we want a winger to get to the byline and get crosses in, then he's our man. He can cut inside too, but he loves getting down the sides.

If we play with a front three, then we should be targeting a goalscoring winger like Pepe.
Think it mostly depends on where he wants to play next season or the one after, my guess is back to City next summer.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They'll sell Mahrez and sign Sancho back while we're left waving our dicks in our hands as usual.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah, i'm not so sure he is keen to sign here unfortunately...

He was a City youth player, hes liking posts of their players... he also likes the posts when Rashford or lingard or Angel Gomes posts something. Also posted an Insta story of Rashfords pen vs PSG. It's his friends and people he knows.

Pretty sure in reality hes actually a Chelsea supporter. Or was... not that it matters, Sterling was a United supporter growing up apparently just like Solskjaer was a Liverpool supporter and I think Gerrard and Carragher supported Everton (could be wrong for one of them).

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Surely he won't want to play in the Europa League having proven himself in the Champions League. Unfortunately do not feel this is a possible deal this summer, as much as I would like him here. We will find it very difficult attracting top proven players this summer, I actually think we should be looking at the Premier League, Serie A for players.

DSG

180 million would make him the second most expensive player ever...the man is just a very talented youngster not some superstar. What market is that? no prem club has spent over 100million for a player yet ffs.
If he was to become the next big English player, he’d be worth far more than 180m. Admittedly, it’s not a given that he will be.

For those of you that have never run a business, the income side is much more important than the cost side of the ledger. The value of having the top English player as an asset is very high indeed.

I do think that €180m is outrageous, but unfortunately, that is the going rate for top players. The market is set by the highest bidder. For an 18 year old to record 12 goals and 14 assists in the Bundesliga is extraordinary.

Aloysius's Back 3

This is why I want to see Sancho in the middle to be honest - he isn't an amazing inside forward but he is more a touchline winger.

In my opinion Sancho has the ability to start in the middle and make the runs out wide in to space. We give Lingard credit for making the right runs & he tends to go find the space that has widened opened.

I hope to see Sancho doing what Lingard does making runs to either LW or RW and providing a wide channel alternative to have a more traditional winger providing the width to a narrow pair of inside forwards.

Pepe is perfect for the inside forward role but I worry that Greenwood is made for that spot. This is why I can see United both financially & football way target Bale even on loan - to provide the experience to Greenwood to play as a forward on right channel.

Rashford/Martial - Greenwood/Bale

-<sancho>-​

Status
Not open for further replies.