Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
City would be mad to move Sane on. I mean they might get a ridiculous offer from Real I suppose but still surely you have to keep that kind of talent.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'd take Mahrez in that case.
WTF for? He's clearly shown this season that Leicester was his level

Sane is the one you'd want but even then if Pep is getting rid of him it tells you that he probably wouldn't be right either

GBBQ

City would be mad to move Sane on. I mean they might get a ridiculous offer from Real I suppose but still surely you have to keep that kind of talent.
Its the downside of stockpiling talent. You can't keep them all happy.

charlenefan

I don't think they'll sell him to us but offer them Martial and £60 million and maybe that might prick their ears.
Sending Martial there would be a very good thing for all concerned... well lets hope Dortmund, Sancho and Martial would see it that way anyway

Hulksmash

There was a 10% Chance he would come if we had CL, now the chance has been decreased to 0,000000000000001%.

Last edited by a moderator:

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Sending Martial there would be a very good thing for all concerned... well lets hope Dortmund, Sancho and Martial would see it that way anyway
I suspect if Martial goes he has his sights set on somewhere that will pay a lot higher wages than Dortmund
Their top paid player is reuss on 160k a week
https://sillyseason.com/salary/borussia-dortmund-players-salaries-79483/
Martial apparently wants 250k a week from united
https://www.90min.com/posts/6285282...mical-wages-as-details-emerge-of-new-contract

Just cant see that being a deal that could be worked out - well unless martial wants to give up about £10m personally after tax which seems more than a little unlikely

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
could see David silva playing less or even leaving - that allows bernardo silva to play in midfield more and gives sane more game time next season i think... Mahrez would be more likley to leave I think as hes in theory at the peak age and sane got around 50% more time on the pitch in PL games than him this season

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
WTF for? He's clearly shown this season that Leicester was his level

Sane is the one you'd want but even then if Pep is getting rid of him it tells you that he probably wouldn't be right either
I'd prefer Sane but I think it's much less likely he'd come here.

Because Mahrez hasn't lit the world up in 1 year at City, he isn't capable of adapting to that level? Is that fair? Bernardo Silva wasn't lighting it up last year, is Monaco his level? Or did he need some time to adapt?

charlenefan

I'd prefer Sane but I think it's much less likely he'd come here.

Because Mahrez hasn't lit the world up in 1 year at City, he isn't capable of adapting to that level? Is that fair? Bernardo Silva wasn't lighting it up last year, is Monaco his level? Or did he need some time to adapt?
Poor choice of comparison. Bernardo was excellent last season even if he was limited to cameo appearances

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Another nothing article. Being in the CL won't make a difference, It's whether Dortmund will sell or not.

Mainoldo

Like Champions league matters to Sancho. He left City to go Dortmund. I’d say the kids pretty clued up when it comes to his career. It will depend on what we have to offer as a club going forward.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Anyone who wants ‘guaranteed CL football’ should simply not come to England at all. Teams like Real or Bayern can guarantee that simply as there are two or three teams in their league. I appreciate that City over a 2-year period have taken it up a level, but on the whole, any of the top 6 could feasibly be in a race for first or a race for fourth. The only guarantee for a player can be the next season. Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea can’t guarantee any player they will be playing in the CL every year either.

pascell

It translates to feck all, it's a Daily Mail article.
The paper is irrelevant, it's the journalist to pay attention to. The journalist with this report is the same one who called Sancho to Dortmund first and has interviewed him on a few occasions, he has ties within Sanchos camp for sure.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Poor choice of comparison. Bernardo was excellent last season even if he was limited to cameo appearances
Excellent is an opinion. But Mahrez hasn't exactly been terrible.
Either way, he's done enough in this league to warrant a season of half chances at a top club.

Anyway, let's not derail this thread further.

AgentP

The paper is irrelevant, it's the journalist to pay attention to. The journalist with this report is the same one who called Sancho to Dortmund first and has interviewed him on a few occasions, he has ties within Sanchos camp for sure.
That's done for then. Even if this is true, I don't think it's just because we missed CL this year. Anyone who has seen us play in the last 2 months would stay well clear of the club until a semblance of normalcy returns. It's just too big a risk to join United at this stage of his career.

Big Andy

Bloke
Depends really...for me, some players might be tempted to join us and become "the Man who saved United" it all depends on what their motivations are...

If it's money, then they'll come here, if it's the chance to waken up a sleeping giant, they'll come here. If it's to guarantee trophies straight away, they'll go elsewhere to a team that is already further down the line we are.

chris123

Again, Pogba signed without Champions League football. The bigger worry will always be whether the institutional problems with the club are a complete turn off for these players.

Judas

Open to offers
Again, Pogba signed without Champions League football. The bigger worry will always be whether the institutional problems with the club are a complete turn off for these players.
Yep exactly. Pogba joined when it looked like things were on the up potentially, don’t get that feeling at the moment. The opposite if anything.

crossy1686

career ending
Let's be honest, he wasn't coming this summer anyway, Dortmund are under no pressure to sell and if he has another good season next year his price will only increase and Madrid will be sniffing around as well. Dortmund aren't stupid enough to let a prize asset go when there's only one buyer in the market for him right now.

We're lucky in the sense that our stature and reputation (and money) allow us to still attract players like Sancho as long as we're sniffing around Champions League places and in that conversation. At the moment players like him can be easily convinced that we were unlucky not to make CL and if we do you'll get 25% on top of what you currently make, interested?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Why I laughed at those saying they were willing to accept EL if meant Liverpool don't win the league.
The idea that it won't affect transfers is a nonsense.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Why I laughed at those saying they were willing to accept EL if meant Liverpool don't win the league.
Maybe for specific players but in Sancho's case the choice would be:
  • Earn I'd guess at least £5m more a season. First choice RW for United, playing in the PL, or
  • Stay at Dortmund because he'll get to play in maybe 5-6 high profile CL games (and a couple of minnows). Not win the Bundesliga and not win the CL.
There's 3 things far more likely to stop this move:
  • Do we even want him?
  • Are we willing to pay what Dortmund want?
  • Who are the rivals for his signature?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Maybe for specific players but in Sancho's case the choice would be:
  • Earn I'd guess at least £5m more a season. First choice RW for United, playing in the PL, or
  • Stay at Dortmund because he'll get to play in maybe 5-6 high profile CL games (and a couple of minnows). Not win the Bundesliga and not win the CL.
There's 3 things far more likely to stop this move:
  • Do we even want him?
  • Are we willing to pay what Dortmund want?
  • Who are the rivals for his signature?
Your post is why we won't sign him. Look at the first bullet point. There aren't enough pros for him to risk his development. Dortmund are a much better side than we are. We don't even know how we want to play football.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Your post is why we won't sign him. Look at the first bullet point. There aren't enough pros for him to risk his development. Dortmund are a much better side than we are. We don't even know how we want to play football.
Scraping into the CL wouldn't have changed that.

I'd guess for a young English player like Sancho, the opportunity to be the big star in top 6 games in the PL is a bigger draw than a couple of extra games against the likes of Lyon before crashing out.

charlenefan

I'm not sure that's true. Mourinho knew exactly how he wanted to play (or at least knew how he wanted to play with the players he had available to him). Likewise Ole knows how he wants us to play, the players just aren't seemingly capable

mav_9me

Agreed that it absolutely affects transfers but I feel our situation is so much worse than can be fixed with transfers. Getting CL might have meant better incoming players but long term trajectory wouldn't change without changes at the top. Scraping into top 4 would have just papered over the cracks.

Silas

Just seen this on Reddit, from Radio 1 with Ducker, Ornstein and Stone.

Jadon Sancho is among the top targets. Sancho would prefer Man Utd over any others (WOW). Reluctant to give up UCL football or an unstable club. It's not never, 50/50 right now. Few months ago during our good run was nailed on.

No other interest from EPL clubs for him. He will not leave to any club but Man Utd according to Ornstein which is interesting. At least not in the EPL.

C'est Moi Cantona

I think he'd be right to sit tight and see what happens with us next season, there is no rush for him, he could flush everything down the pan if he comes here now.

Status
Not open for further replies.