Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYAS

:lol:

So what would change from getting Dortmund talking this summer rather than next?

Why wouldn't he go to Bayern? Guaranteed league titles and a good shot at the CL. Liverpool could always lose one of those front 3, or change their system which could easily include the current 3 plus Sancho RW. Chelsea have a transfer ban so any money made this summer (Hazard money especially) of course they could afford Sancho easily, even without what's left of the Hazard money.

I'm afraid it isn't me who is using their imagination, I'm looking at the wider and more realistic picture of what can happen. You have severely underestimated clubs and their spending power etc in your post.

Unfortunately, that's the way I see it and the way he sees it reportedly. We need to get our act together this summer if we're to have a chance next summer.
Dortmund want to use him for more than just one year with the possibility of him replicating his form and so his value increasing having proven there’s no danger of him being a “one-season wonder”.

No, you’re not being realistic - you’re simply taking any possibility under the sun and using “coulds” and “ifs” a lot. I haven’t underestimated clubs, I’m more focused on where he might want to go, what new challenges he could face and what opportunities there are for him.

If we make top 4 then it’ll be between us and Madrid.

pascell

Dortmund want to use him for more than just one year with the possibility of him replicating his form and so his value increasing having proven there’s no danger of him being a “one-season wonder”.

No, you’re not being realistic - you’re simply taking any possibility under the sun and using “coulds” and “ifs” a lot. I haven’t underestimated clubs, I’m more focused on where he might want to go, what new challenges he could face and what opportunities there are for him.

If we make top 4 then it’ll be between us and Madrid.
Maybe they want to use him more than two? They're not a selling club anymore.

And how would you know where he's more 'focused' on going? Say I use 'coulds' and 'ifs', tell me I'm using my imagination but you're just predicting things and fabricating these predictions from your imagination.

Ah taking any possibility under the sun are we? 'IF we make top 4' And I can guarantee it won't be just ourselves and Madrid in for him.

NYAS

Maybe they want to use him more than two? They're not a selling club anymore.

And how would you know where he's more 'focused' on going? Say I use 'coulds' and 'ifs', tell me I'm using my imagination but you're just predicting things and fabricating these predictions from your imagination.

Ah taking any possibility under the sun are we? 'IF we make top 4' And I can guarantee it won't be just ourselves and Madrid in for him.
Your last point explains everything about you misunderstanding my argument. The whole world will be in for him, not just us and Madrid.

I’m saying that given the level of the leagues of the teams that will be in for him, the competitiveness, gametime, financial ability (both in transfer fees and wages) and prestige, he will likely choose between us and Madrid.

Sky12

Supports
Chelsea
Your last point explains everything about you misunderstanding my argument. The whole world will be in for him, not just us and Madrid.

I’m saying that given the level of the leagues of the teams that will be in for him, the competitiveness, gametime, financial ability (both in transfer fees and wages) and prestige, he will likely choose between us and Madrid.
You overestimate UTD's pull and attractiveness to the modern day footballer. For you its almost a case of if I repeat something over and over again and am arrogant enough, it will be so. Only a fool will doubt UTD's history, I know it hurts but that doesn't matter to the modern day footballer, if it did the club wont be struggling to attract top players like now, even a player whose team obviously doesn't want is reluctant to join. Why would he not go to Bayern, City, Barca or Chelsea? His a Chelsea fan FFS. If he cared about our history so much, why his he not our fan. Being a fan is not an exclusive club you know? Anyone can become Manchester United's fan, so there is nothing special about you.

You talk about only Manchester United and Madrid can afford £120 million, west ham just signed a £40 million striker, wolves just bid £60 million for a defender, Aston villa just have spent £100 million, Chelsea sold their keeper and signed the most expensive keeper in the world at £72 million. You talk about wages, Chelsea just agreed to pay loftus cheek £150k a week, the just agreed to pay Hudson odoi 180k a week. This are relatively untested youths. How much will they be willing to pay a tested youth. Gone are the days when only Manchester united could buy the big players, everyone in the premiership has money now and can buy anyone if the really wanted to. So wake up and smile the coffee and stop that matter of fact act.

If you actually open you eyes you would realize that reality is very different to your imagination.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ødegaard

NYAS

You overestimate our pull and attractiveness to the modern day footballer. For you its almost a case of if I repeat something over and over again and am arrogant enough, it will be so. Only a fool will doubt our history, I know it hurts but that doesn't matter to the modern day footballer, if it did we won't be struggling to attract top players as we are now, even a player is team obviously doesn't want is reluctant of joining us. Why would he not go to Bayern, City, Barca or Chelsea? His a Chelsea fan FFS. If he cared about our history so much, why his he not our fan. Being a fan is not an exclusive club you know? Anyone can become Manchester United's fan, so there is nothing special about you or I.

You talk about only us and Madrid can afford £120 million, west ham just signed a £40 million striker, wolves just bid £60 million for a defender, Aston villa just have spent £100 million, Chelsea sold their keeper and signed the most expensive keeper in the world at £72 million. You talk about wages, Chelsea just agreed to pay loftus cheek £150k a week, the just agreed to pay Hudson odoi 180k a week. This are relatively untested youths. How much will they be willing to pay a tested youth. Gone are the days when only we could buy the big players, everyone in the premiership has money now and can buy anyone if the really wanted to. So wake up and smile the coffee and stop that matter of fact act. If you actually open you eyes you would realize that reality is very different to your imagination. Having said all that I hope we sign him but am very aware every big club will be in for him and have just as good a chance of getting him as we do.
You’ve only gone and chosen every factor I’ve mentioned except the one that applies to Chelsea most.

You’re going to tie Hudson-Odoi down to a new bumper contract and you’ve spent £60m or so on Pulisic.

Do you think your ownership and board would be willing to spend double that on another winger?

Relfy

If, and it is a big if, we complete the rumoured signings of fernandes and dybala and make top 4 convincingly, then we should be pushing him for next summer. Sancho, Martial, Rashford and Dybala with Pogba and Fernandes behind them should have us there or there about for a serious push at the title.

Roberto420

If, and it is a big if, we complete the rumoured signings of fernandes and dybala and make top 4 convincingly, then we should be pushing him for next summer. Sancho, Martial, Rashford and Dybala with Pogba and Fernandes behind them should have us there or there about for a serious push at the title.
Yeah who needs a defensive midfielder.

City have a clause in Sancho's contract giving them first option, can't see them letting us have a free run at him and that's not even mentioning other top teams.

DarkXaero

Sancho (along with a proper DM) should be a target for next summer, assuming that we sign Dybala and Bruno Fernandes (or another CM).

Fer

Chelsea will also be in the mix after the transfer ban and he's a Chelsea fan, it's going to be the hardest transfer Woodward will have had to pull off. We're not gonna end up getting him, wouldn't bother getting your hopes up mate, even if City dont sell Sane, they'll sell Mahrez and that'll be that.
Besides City, Liverpool and Chelsea; PSG could be interested in Sancho if they sell one of Neymar/Mbappe. Even Madrid could go for him, they need a top RW... or Bayern Munich who most of the time get the best Dortmund players.

Relfy

Yeah who needs a defensive midfielder.

City have a clause in Sancho's contract giving them first option, can't see them letting us have a free run at him and that's not even mentioning other top teams.
Fully agree on the defensive midfielder being needed too, and one would hope we could do both over the next couple of windows.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Assuming he replicates last seasons form then every topclub in Europe will be in for him. We had to convinced Dortmund to sell this Summer to have any chance of signing him imo. We can offer big wages but a talent like Sancho will demand trophies and the reality is that we're not there, we arent even close.

City, Madrid and PSG will all go for him and offer the same kind of wages but with much better footballing incentive. Hopefully I can quote this post in a years time and laugh at myself.

Inter Yer Nan

I think as long as we're in Champions League and moving in a decent direction we'll be favorites to get him next summer. He'll want to go to England and I think only United or City would be realistic options with City being more complicated due to history/already covered in that area.

I'm hoping if, if, IF we can wrap up Dybala (possible/probable) and Fernandes (probably bollocks) this summer that next summer we can get Sancho and Longstaff and the younger lads will be ready for more minutes and bigger roles. Shift out the dross like Darmian, Bailly, Rojo, Jones, Lingard would be ideal too.

Suedesi

It will be difficult to sign Sancho next summer. City will be back for him next summer as they would have sold Sane. Liverpool will also move for his signing incase Salah/Mane leaves. Also Pepe moved to Arsenal. No other proper RW available. Next season we in case if Sancho rejects us, we don't have an option#2 to sign.

Wish we had finished in top 4 and signed Sancho this window itself.
Let's wait and see.

Crashoutcassius

Assuming he replicates last seasons form then every topclub in Europe will be in for him. We had to convinced Dortmund to sell this Summer to have any chance of signing him imo. We can offer big wages but a talent like Sancho will demand trophies and the reality is that we're not there, we arent even close.

City, Madrid and PSG will all go for him and offer the same kind of wages but with much better footballing incentive. Hopefully I can quote this post in a years time and laugh at myself.
Barce paid 150m for dembele after a season at bvb. 120m for Felix. If he plays exactly the same this season the market won't change much in my view.

davidmichael

I know it won’t happen in this window but if we get Dybala and Mandzukic then Sancho and a quality defensive midfielder next summer I think we’ve got a squad genuinely capable of challenging/winning domestically on a consistent basis again.

Sterling Archer

Really don't want him here - Di Maria 3.0

With Dybala, AWB, Maguire and Bruno all joining he should have been eager to join the project. Clearly doesn't fancy a challenge, certainly not with us. Shame we didn't just sign Pepe and get on with it.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

With Dybala, AWB, Maguire and Bruno all joining he should have been eager to join the project. Clearly doesn't fancy a challenge, certainly not with us. Shame we didn't just sign Pepe and get on with it.
What are you on?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Out of interest do you honestly think that? Do you think Kane is at Spurs for life?
It was tongue in cheek, no idea. It’s funny how dispite his quality he is never linked with a move away. It’s quite clear that at the moment he doesn’t wanna move anywhere.

Lacks ambition like Shearer then?
If that’s the way you wanna look at it?

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I think as long as we're in Champions League and moving in a decent direction we'll be favorites to get him next summer. He'll want to go to England and I think only United or City would be realistic options with City being more complicated due to history/already covered in that area.

I'm hoping if, if, IF we can wrap up Dybala (possible/probable) and Fernandes (probably bollocks) this summer that next summer we can get Sancho and Longstaff and the younger lads will be ready for more minutes and bigger roles. Shift out the dross like Darmian, Bailly, Rojo, Jones, Lingard would be ideal too.
The bolded bit is never going to happen and we have to accept this. They'll be at OT long after we've gone. They probably have clauses in their contracts that stipulate they are to be put on display in the museum once they hang up their boots.
And when they die, Rojo, Bailly and Jones' skeletons will be used in the medical room. Lingard's ghost will be haunting the hallways of Carrington, with players asking each other in hushed tones whether they heard someone saying Beanz. Darmian's corpse will be rotting away in a hidden corner because everyone simply forgot he was still there.
The sooner we resign ourselves to this vision of the future, the better.

arnie_ni

Ive have pushed for an agreement now and let him play this season at Dortmund, even next season just to secure him tbh. Something similar to chelsea and pulisic

FirstTouch

Only seen him in some of his appearances for England but wasn't impressed especially considering the hype.

I wonder just how much other posters have seen of him?

Don't watch much Bundesliga.

Maybe he was nervous in those England appearances.

In Rainbows

Only seen him in some of his appearances for England but wasn't impressed especially considering the hype.

A few of us have seen him playing against our youth team, as well as him playing for England's youth teams.

And then a few of us have watched him play for Dortmund, which you'll find us posting in his thread or the other thread from time to time.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Lots, and he’s a superstar in the making.

reddevilchennai

United should move for him this winter transfer window and sign him but allowing him to play with BVB until Summer 2020. Same way Chelsea did with Pulisic.
Hope we have signed Bruno and/or Dybala by then and convince him that club is moving in right way to challenge for titles.

Sancho this winter transfer window.
Partey & a good CM should be our main priority for 2020 summer window and with signing a decent back up, we can go all in for title next season.

Pierluigi Casiraghi

Yup. Off to PSG/City/Madrid unfortunately, eh?

Web of Bissaka

Maybe he wants to win stuffs with Dortmund first before jumping back to homecoming ship.
Dortmund came very close to winning Bundesliga last season, so this season maybe finally they'll clinch it.

Surely that's challenging -- ending Bayern's 7 years league dominance.

What project?
Another rubbish season and Ole will likely get sacked, and "project" end. Dybala and Bruno haven't join. Like usual, every summer fancy names are linked, nothing new. It's really not convincing at all.

Being at young age, he got the advantage of time. Good reputations too, so allegedly got advantage of choices. No rush to go home yet.

Hawks2008

Agreed, definitely a showpony like all flair wingers and had neither the fight nor the character to earn his place at City so moved to a foreign league. He is not prem proven mate, he will flop hard. He also turned us down, he should have packed his bags the moment he heard of our interest. I only want players who will be grateful to be here like Jones, Rojo, Mata, Young etc.

Absolutely another Di Maria in the making.

LuckyScout78

I am still dreaming of the combination of Sancho, Bruno, Chiesa, Martial and Rashford. A team for the future. Taking over Liverpool dominance in the next 3-5 years. Longtime goal and perspective. Its all about the timing. Hit it at the right time. Hit your opponents when they are at they weakest.

Its like you are not challenging Mike Tyson at his peak. Liverpool were in 2 champions league final. Won it last year and only close to become invisible, with only one defeat. The signs have been clear as day. Liverpool are into their golden generation and golden era. They will keep dominate and win big trophies in the years to come.
And United have so many weak areas to be solve and strengthen. Its clearly, not smart to spend big and alot of money. To try to win the premier league in the next years.
Liverpool success is already written in the stars and manusscript. Is it not much United can change.
Build the team around Rashford and Greenwood age. Then players like Sancho and 21/22 years is the perfect age.
The period after Liverpool domination.

Sancho - Bruno - McTom/Rice - Martial/Chiesa + Chiesa/Martial + Rashford

And in the end. I think United will meet more competitions to get Sancho from others big clubs next summer and the price will rise more next summer.

And get Dybala who will turn 26 in November. When Liverpool most dominance period over around 4-5 years. Then Dybala turn 30 and on his way down.

Aim of top talent and players that around 19 - 24. Players who have current level that will get you top 4 each season and closest to the top as possible. Then ready to win the premier league. After years of rebuilding to the goal.

Sancho fit every box. Top talent, really high current level and age.
Same goes to Federico Chiesa. 1997
Then the Portugese light version of a young Offensive and creative Paul Scholes.

If I am United manager. Those 3 really good players would be mine target. Would be a privilege, as a manager for one of the biggest club. Get the chance to work with those really good attacking and football players. In Sancho, Bruno and Chiesa.

Sancho will cost over 100 mill £ and hardest to get. But Bruno from S.Lisbon and Chiesa from Fiorentina. Are realistic targets. Again, with those 3 new players + a top dcm. They will get you top 4 in the years to come. And close to premier league. Depend on opponents luck and drop of points here and there.

But again. I am aiming to build a team.

Short term goal : top 4 in the years to come.

Longterm goal : premier league title about 3-5 years. And with hard work toward the goal. Adding with luck and things goes ours way. We will probably reach our goals. If not, like the movie Ocean Eleven. Mine ocean eleven will reach the goal by robbing the premier and ch.leagues trophies. Last way out.

So back to seriousness. Sancho, Bruno and Chiesa are all must buy target. Plus a dcm, IF McTom doesnt hit the top level of a dcm. Factors, pieces and ingredients of a dominate and winning team in the future. All of Sancho, Bruno and Chiesa will be key players for theirs nations in the future.

youmeletsfly

He's good but most importantly he just seems unfazed during games. He just goes on the pitch, does his job and looks cool as a cucumber. That's some achievement for a 20 year old.

But I wouldn't want him here, he'd waste his career. It would be nice if he'd move to Barca/Real and be a success there.

Status
Not open for further replies.