Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Soooo spend 70-80 mil for Pepe or Chiesa then if they aren’t what we really wanted spend 100-120mil the summer after and have Chiesa and Pepe do what?
So spend 72m on Pepe as a stop gap? Yeah that's going to have happened isn't it. If you spend that much on someone like Pepe you're committed to going with him for the long haul.

I would imagine the club will have sounded out if Sancho would be willing to come or not as well
First of all I am not comfortable waiting for a player who turned us down already. He doesn't seem that he really wants to come here but I guess that's a deal breaker for foreign talent not British ones. Anyway we need a RW now. Its ridiculous that we started the season without a top quality RW. James is LW (and squad player level at best) while the least said about Lingard & Mata the better. That doesn't really bide well for our top 4 aim especially considering the other holes in the team specifically upfront and in midfield.

Anyway, if Chiesa or Pepe do the job then our chances of making it to top 4 will increase which hopefully will be enough to attract Jadon. If we're still obsessed with Jadon then can buy him up and play him as LW. He's comfortable there as well. Martial will move upfront with Rashford & Greenwood as cover, Jadon will take the LW role with Gomes and James as cover while Pepe/Chiesa can play on the RW with Lingard as cover.

If United think that Jadon is not good enough as LW + Pepe/Chiesa are doing a good job on the RW, then tough luck. Jadon has missed the boat. He won't be the first and certainly he won't be the last.

Last edited:

Red Royal

Maybe he's told Dortmund that he wanted to leave and they've asked him to give 1 more season? Like what Fergie did with Ronnie in '09
The idea that Rashford and Jesse have become good friends with Sancho through the England links makes me quite confident that Sancho would prefer a move to us. Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs are a definate no in my opinion and with Man city i dont think they would pay the £100m+ that will be needed to get him.

Sancho would get in most teams in the world and would be a massive addition if we landed him. Best talent I've seen for a very long time.
I doubt that has any influence. Im pretty sure that all the squad are pretty good friends. E.g Lingz may hang out with Sterling and Walker for example. Sancho wont be greatly influenced by his mates on such a career defining next move.

Flanders Devil

I do also think it's a bit of a subtle "feck you" to the next club, especially in Lewa's case. The more he gets now then the higher they have to pay him there
While I agree with this, I actually think it makes it more likely he signs with us.

It essentially prices him out of the market for teams who don’t want to pay him 200/250k per week. Whereas I think it makes no difference to us as we would’ve been paying him those numbers regardless.

Sky12

Supports
Chelsea
Maybe he's told Dortmund that he wanted to leave and they've asked him to give 1 more season? Like what Fergie did with Ronnie in '09
The idea that Rashford and Jesse have become good friends with Sancho through the England links makes me quite confident that Sancho would prefer a move to us. Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs are a definate no in my opinion and with Man city i dont think they would pay the £100m+ that will be needed to get him.

Sancho would get in most teams in the world and would be a massive addition if we landed him. Best talent I've seen for a very long time.
I really dont understand why most United fans feel that come summer Sancho pick them over anyone else.

Am I missing something here? It's not like all top stars are desperate to join you guys. If anything, I think he will join city. The meltdown will be epic though after all this confidence and make no mistake, city will pay if they really want to.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Was it a contract extension or just a pay rise?
Pay rise, since Sancho's performance level was miles above his salary. But I think it was also a trade off, i.e. Sancho not looking for a transfer this summer.

Sky12

Supports
Chelsea
While I agree with this, I actually think it makes it more likely he signs with us.

It essentially prices him out of the market for teams who don’t want to pay him 200/250k per week. Whereas I think it makes no difference to us as we would’ve been paying him those numbers regardless.
Well

How can anyone not be tempted to play with Jlings or whatever dearly name you guys call him this days, his such a likeable fella isn't he. Like anyone will make such a big decision based on friendships.

His most probably friend with most England players, talk about clutching straws. His even better and longer friends with calum Hudson odoi and a childhood fan, that must mean his joining us

Why does everyone think he only wants to come back to England anyway? do you know him? This is a boy that wasn't afraid to go abat 18. If he misses home so much, Manchester isn't his home. May well rock up at Madrid next summer without hesitation

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I do also think it's a bit of a subtle "feck you" to the next club, especially in Lewa's case. The more he gets now then the higher they have to pay him there
:lol: I've never thought about it like that

We always give players obscene wages right out the gate though so I doubt that makes much of a difference to us, what was AWB's wage increase from Palace to United? It was something like triple the amount

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
:lol: I've never thought about it like that

We always give players obscene wages right out the gate though so I doubt that makes much of a difference to us, what was AWB's wage increase from Palace to United? It was something like triple the amount
More like triple what he was about to get raised to at palace I'm guessing.

zenith

I really hope the club has a proper alternative option in place in case we get priced out of the sancho deal. Really hope this new transfer strategy we have also includes a 'move on' component

Robertd0803

I really hope the club has a proper alternative option in place in case we get priced out of the sancho deal. Really hope this new transfer strategy we have also includes a 'move on' component
Well we did move on from Dybala and Eriksen for different reasons but the issue was there wasnt a plan b to move to irritatingly.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The obvious Liverpool change would be Salah central and Sancho on the right wouldn’t it? Doesn’t seem implausible.

Still think we have the best chance of signing him though. A good summer next year would leave us looking well, which could be a draw.

There will probably be a different flavour of the summer that everyone wants then though.

mav_9me

The obvious Liverpool change would be Salah central and Sancho on the right wouldn’t it? Doesn’t seem implausible.

Still think we have the best chance of signing him though. A good summer next year would leave us looking well, which could be a draw.

There will probably be a different flavour of the summer that everyone wants then though.
Correct me if I'm wrong but Firmino is integral to their style of play, no? Pressing and all.

billybee99

I really dont understand why most United fans feel that come summer Sancho pick them over anyone else.

Am I missing something here? It's not like all top stars are desperate to join you guys. If anything, I think he will join city. The meltdown will be epic though after all this confidence and make no mistake, city will pay if they really want to.
Well, one thing is for sure, he won't be going to Chelsea.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Correct me if I'm wrong but Firmino is integral to their style of play, no? Pressing and all.
Could be. He’s seemed a bit of a weak link in their attack at times, although still a very good player. I might not be considering the rest of his play enough though.

hubbuh

Well

How can anyone not be tempted to play with Jlings or whatever dearly name you guys call him this days, his such a likeable fella isn't he. Like anyone will make such a big decision based on friendships.

His most probably friend with most England players, talk about clutching straws. His even better and longer friends with calum Hudson odoi and a childhood fan, that must mean his joining us

Why does everyone think he only wants to come back to England anyway? do you know him? This is a boy that wasn't afraid to go abat 18. If he misses home so much, Manchester isn't his home. May well rock up at Madrid next summer without hesitation
If agent JLingz isn't enough, Sancho was on holiday with Santan Dave (a yuuuuuge United fan) in the summer and was doing what every United fan in his position would do. I wouldn't underestimate the power of peers.

fps

I doubt that has any influence. Im pretty sure that all the squad are pretty good friends. E.g Lingz may hang out with Sterling and Walker for example. Sancho wont be greatly influenced by his mates on such a career defining next move.
No, it definitely makes a difference. Look at the way Ferguson would keep in contact with players, or ask the likes of Scholes to get in Rooney's ear about United. It has an effect for sure.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
As stated above, Reus earns comfortably more than that, yet they will not pay Sancho as much, at least not without a contract extension.

To sum it all up: Sancho's wages were increased, his contract was not extended, at least to the best of my knowledge. This makes sense since his previous wage of about €3m or 60k/week were quite low and now it is more up to par with his performances. Of course he could be earning quite a bit more but that of course would not come without an extension of the contract. I don't expect that to happen since I also think he will be on the way out next summer but this way there is at least a slim chance. We will see what the future holds.
No, he doesn´t. 190k pounds per week are currently around 11,5 Mil. € per year. Not even Reus gets that sum straight from BVB. His 12 Mil. € include a 2 Mil. € bonus from Puma that is tied to his contract.

Sources that are actuallly halfway realiable when it comes to the insides of Borussia Dortmund put his new salary at somewhere between 6 and 8 Mil. € per year which would put him right into the bracket of players who are expected to start nearly all games (Witsel, Brandt, Alcacer, Hazard) right under the bracket of the top earners. This is quite frankly just to fairly pay a player, who belonged regularily to the top performers. Sancho clearly enjoys playing for Dortmund, Dortmund likes to have him around, now the one thing that did not really fit right now was sorted out, nothing more.

This does not change anything about the future of Sancho. Maybe the officials hope that such a move of appreaciaton would make him reluctant to move in 2020 already and stick around for one more year. It also gives them more freedom to turn down bids they deem not high enough without angering the player

El-Manos

Most top teams in the premier league have a quality RW. We would be favourites I reckon, providing we get CL. Unless he has no interest in returning the the premier league.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Most top teams in the premier league have a quality RW. We would be favourites I reckon, providing we get CL. Unless he has no interest in returning the the premier league.
True, when you look at the right wingers the PL teams have right now we do stick out like a sore thumb.

City - Mahrez and Sane (not to mention B.Silva who can fill in there)

Liverpool - Salah

Tottenham - Moura (?)

Chelsea - Hudson-Odoi and Pulisic (although I assume he’ll primarily play on the left)

Arsenal - Pepe

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
No, he doesn´t. 190k pounds per week are currently around 11,5 Mil. € per year. Not even Reus gets that sum straight from BVB. His 12 Mil. € include a 2 Mil. € bonus from Puma that is tied to his contract.
Maybe the "comfortably" part of my quote was a bit much, I mostly used it because I kept in mind the potential bonuses that he earns, I believe last season he ended up earning closer to €15m. I was also aware that Puma is supplying part of his wages but I felt it was indeed part of his salary and should be counted as such. On the flipside this of course underlines that his wage is in a dimension that Dortmund can not pay easily so that does count against my point. Lastly I am not sure how you arrive at 11.5, If I assume £1=€1.09 then 190k/week is €10.8m a year.

Anyways, let's not split hairs here, I think generally we see this as what it is: a sensible pay raise to prevent the player from (rightfully) being disappointed with his relative income. Would you mind telling me what your "halfway reliable" sources for the player wages are? I feel like it is difficult to make any real statements here since the sources I find I either don't know how reliable they are or I am downright doubting their credibility (*chrm* Bild *chrm*). Thanks in advance.

Jacob

Didn't know Dortmund could afford 190k a week wages. If he's already on that it will require at least 400k to bring him here.

mav_9me

Didn't know Dortmund could afford 190k a week wages. If he's already on that it will require at least 400k to bring him here.
I guess you haven't read the thread. The resident dortmund supporters highly doubt that sum.

Even if he is on that you think he will turn down 250K?

Suvvernmanc

Well

Well he's definately not going to chelsea as the squad are a bunch of pricks. Scummy club of the highest level..

Suvvernmanc

I remember seeing Sancho, Jesse and Rashy were together as a 3 in the dorms at the world cup I think? I think i read they have become good friends.

It's a big move for him for sure. He had the balls to do what was best for him by moving to Dortmund and maybe he'll do it again if one of the Spanish clubs come calling. Who knows. I just have this feeling. We would need top 4 though and that's not guaranteed.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Yeah, they're just giving Sancho a taste of the kind of wages our reserves our on, so when he joins us on £300k p/w it will be a seamless integration.

Good preparation from Woodward here.

TheReligion

Abusive
Well

He is likely good mates with the England lads.

Luckily most the England team play for United ;)

Sky12

Supports
Chelsea
Well he's definately not going to chelsea as the squad are a bunch of pricks. Scummy club of the highest level..
Some people take football way too serious. Your hanger that I dare suggest an opinion is clear as day. You say Chelsea fans are scum yet you cheer for Jlingz, don’t believe there is a more hated footballer in England. It’s just a game that you or I have zero impact on how decision is made.

I never said he will be joining Chelsea even though history it has happened before and it could very well happen again for Chelsea to get a player Manchester UTD want. Why would he, not like he supported the club as a kid or nothing. If I am being honest, I don’t believe we need or will get him with Hudson odoi and Pulisic on our books but not my decision. But many of the big boys will be after him and he has shown his not scared to move abroad. Forget this he wants to move back to England talk, it’s just made up by fans and I don’t believe he has ever been quoted saying such a thing.

There are many other clubs he can join and let's face it, his not exactly on pittance, is he? So, the extra 100k you will give him won't exactly turn his head. Then come next summer when he joins another club, you will be the first to start blaming Ed for every crime under the sun when the deal was never really on but you convinced yourself that it was a certainty because it helped you sleep well at night.

He could well be a Manchester United player or any other clubs player in equal measures come next summer
Some people take football way too serious. Your hanger that I dare suggest an opinion is clear as day. Win or lose, life will go on on Monday. You say Chelsea fans are scum yet you cheer for Jlingz, don’t believe there is a more hated footballer in England. It’s just a game that you or I have zero impact on how decision is made.

I never said he will be joining Chelsea even though history suggests it has happened before and it could very well happen again for Chelsea to get a player Manchester UTD want. Why would he, not like he supported the club as a kid or nothing.

If I am being honest, I don’t believe we need or will get him with Hudson odoi and Pulisic on our books but not my decision. But many of the big boys will be after him and he has shown his not scared to move abroad. Forget this he wants to move back to England talk, it’s just made up by fans and I don’t believe he has ever been quoted saying such a thing.

There are many other clubs he can join and let's face it, his not exactly on pittance, is he? So, the extra 100k you will give him won't exactly turn his head. Then come next summer when he joins another club, you will be the first to start blaming Ed for every crime under the sun when the deal was never really on but you convinced yourself that it was a certainty because it helped you sleep well at night.

He could well be a Manchester United player or any other clubs player in equal measures come next summer

Last edited by a moderator:

In Rainbows

Are they BFFs? You've got the inside scoop?
What inside scoop? The only evidence of him being friends with Rashford and Lingard is that they were together in England camp, yet Sancho has been playing with Gomes for the underage England teams for years. To this day you have Gomes tweeting at him when he accomplishes something on the pitch.

SaintMuppet

This new deal only supports what I have always thought. He was never planning to come here and won’t be coming here next year no matter where we finish in the PL.

People better get over this one now rather than waiting a whole year for hearts to be broken...

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Are they BFFs? You've got the inside scoop?
They're the same age group and have been playing together for years. Were best mates when both in Manchester.

Sancho seems a popular kid though so he's got friends everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.