Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infra-red

I know it's unlikely, but seeing as we're linked to everyone why has this gone so quiet? Has he said something himself?

He really is the one isn't he.
He thinks we're a disaster and doesn't want to move until we sort ourselves out. Fair enough, really.

Might try again next summer if we manage top 4.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
This is what happens when you base your opinion on one game. Happening in a bunch of threads. Meh.
It's also unfair when you consider he was playing alongside some really average players in a very defensive side.

ash_86

Why ? There's not a chance we are even in for him let alone buying him
Being a top English club we always have a chance. Finish in CL next year and we have a great shot to get him

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just not a realistic move this summer, but next summer I think we'll get him tbh. Hes perfect for United.

marktan

Been following him for Dortmund a lot this season and the kid can do things very few other players can do. His dribbling reminds me of a mix of young Ronaldo or Neymar, and his decision making is above them at the same age. If he doesn't reach the very top I'll be very very disappointed. Call it hyperbolic but that's his talent level imo, he needs to push himself because he has the ability.

Just don't see it happening at United. Makes too much sense, but we'll faff around on average players and then next year he'll end up with one of the European giants.

Classical Mechanic

He’s obsessed with Sancho. Really bitter about him for some weird reason.

Thought Sancho showed his class in moments tonight, which is a bit of a theme with him.

Bad miss with that header though.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Yes they did. And I don’t ‘not rate’ Felix. I’m just reserving making any real assertion either way due to my being able to accept that I haven’t seen much of him. From the clips, he looks a talent, but not a one-off kind of talent. I bow to the opinions more of those who watch him as much as I watch Sancho. Funnily enough, those people have been more reserved regarding him than those I’m more confident have seen little.

I won’t look daft if he turns out great. And those who have vehemently made all sorts of declarations of greatness won’t be clever, as they are largely bandwagoners who are just hoping they are vindicated. I have nothing against the kid, I’m more against the fraudsters.
If there's people saying that then fair enough. But they're entitled to an opinion of who is going to be better out of 2 relatively unproven teenagers. Just don't see what your crusade is about. You were there ready to criticise him after the game yesterday, similar to how Sancho got criticised after the Spurs game. You're here making big statements about Sancho and criticising Felix whilst admitting you've only really watched one actually play football.

Out of interest, how much did you know about Sancho before Dortmund? Were you quite active in his old thread?

pocco

loco
Haven't watched much of him before today. Just YT videos and stuff which can be deceiving. Now I believe :D
Ah fair enough. Top talent that I'd consider obtainable for us, which is a bonus too. This wasn't even close to being one of his better games either as England struggled to get him the ball, but you can see the talent he has nonetheless.

Linchpin

He's a quality player but unless we show concrete progress in getting our house in order over this next season I don't see him coming to us next season either. Our lack of stability is starting to become a significant negative when it comes to getting well advised top young players.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If there's people saying that then fair enough. But they're entitled to an opinion of who is going to be better out of 2 relatively unproven teenagers. Just don't see what your crusade is about. You were there ready to criticise him after the game yesterday, similar to how Sancho got criticised after the Spurs game. You're here making big statements about Sancho and criticising Felix whilst admitting you've only really watched one actually play football.

Out of interest, how much did you know about Sancho before Dortmund? Were you quite active in his old thread?
1. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I’m entitled to expect that to be based on watching the player, rather than blatant fabrication and jumping on a wave hoping ‘this one comes in’ so you can look cool on the internet. I’ve said, I respect the opinion of those who watch Felix regularly, not those who probably watched a game of his for the first time yesterday. I mean, they can have an opinion too, just make it reflective of the fact that they don’t really know what they’re talking about. I’ve been reading essays on him for months, about how we need to sign 4 or 5 players, in which he should be one, from English fans who don’t watch Portuguese games on a player who had played a handful of games.

2. I’m also not criticising Felix. I am criticising charlatans who are trying to sound clued up on the internet by overhyping him, especially in comparison to proven top class players, when they have barely seen him. From what I’ve seen, he looks to have talent, but nothing that has blown me away. He may well be brilliant, I won’t speak definitively as I concede that I don’t watch the Portuguese league. Not sure What Sancho after Spurs has to do with anything. People can say what they like about him.

3. And to satisfy your curiosity, I knew plenty about Sancho before Dortmund and knew he was the biggest talent England had. I’ve posted plenty about him before he went to Dortmund too, and also took the time to watch him every week this season, so while I may be wrong about his future, at least my predictions are based on taking the time to watch his games. The thread on Felix was unsurprisingly started by our resident Portuguese fans, and I recall how the early pages were pretty much them educating the rest of the forum of the player. That was about 6 months ago. How long would you say the newly educated have been including him in all the ‘must buy’ lists for the summer, even for £100m+, branding every professional at the club an idiot for not pursuing him, as he’s a generational talent etc? Probably about 2 weeks after the Portuguese fans started a thread telling us of his talent I’d say.

The internet is awash with needless point-scoring, and it’s not just the football part of the net. People pretending, trying to look cool etc. This is what leads to the ITK morons popping up every summer. Maybe I’ve just become a grumpy old person, but it irritates me massively.

ash_86

Ah fair enough. Top talent that I'd consider obtainable for us, which is a bonus too. This wasn't even close to being one of his better games either as England struggled to get him the ball, but you can see the talent he has nonetheless.
Yes I hope so. If we finish in CL next year , we have a great chance I believe.

Kaglish10

Yes they did. And I don’t ‘not rate’ Felix. I’m just reserving making any real assertion either way due to my being able to accept that I haven’t seen much of him. From the clips, he looks a talent, but not a one-off kind of talent. I bow to the opinions more of those who watch him as much as I watch Sancho. Funnily enough, those people have been more reserved regarding him than those I’m more confident have seen little.

I won’t look daft if he turns out great. And those who have vehemently made all sorts of declarations of greatness won’t be clever, as they are largely bandwagoners who are just hoping they are vindicated. I have nothing against the kid, I’m more against the fraudsters.
You're obviously talking with two mouth. You're actually the one putting down Felix in favour of Sancho while those who rated Felix actually did rate Sancho also. It's actually cowardice to talk with two mouth. You put down Felix and when people call you out on it, you come up with ''I didn't say he won't turn out good'' in order not to look daft when he actually turn out good. Stand for something!

wolvored

If he becomes anywhere near world class city will resign or chelsea will sign him. I hope I am wrong but I can't see us getting anywhere near challenging for the league next season and that will put a load of very good players off like Sancho

SwedishFish

The linkup he had with Rashford was sexy, really hope we can get this lad sooner or later.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
There's no guarantee we'll be in a better position next season. Plus we now have Thursday-Sunday.
The reason he isn't going anywhere this season is because he's only had 1 full season of first team football and there's no reason for him to want to leave anywhere yet. Not only that, there's no reason for Dortmund to be willing to sell him no matter the price (unless we're talking 150m+, which is crazy). I highly doubt it's anything to do with our previous season. Sancho just broke through this season, had a great season but they failed to win the title. He'll want to stay another season where his value won't decrease at all even if he isn't quite as good (from Dortmunds perspective), another season of development as a first team player and then he'll likely be ok with leaving. He's only been there for 2 seasons, only 1 being a first teamer, so after 3 total I can see him being ready to leave and Dortmund being more willing to negotiate.

As for his destination... There has been plenty of talk that he only wants the premier league and wants to go back to England (he's English, makes sense). That rules out Barca/Madrid/Bayern/PSG/Juve/etc. From England, Chelsea are transfer banned the next 2 windows, and just sold Hazard, but signed Pulisic and are going big to keep Hudson-Odoi. That's likely their 2 wingers (with Willian/Pedro still there) for the near future (and anyway, with Hazard gone, they're going to struggle). They have other problems to go big on as well. Arsenal never have enough money for a purchase like Sancho, nor are they a bigger draw than us. Same with Spurs, plus Pochettino likely isn't staying there super long term. He left City and Pep previously ruled out going back for him because he left in the first place, and I don't see that being a Pogba to United situation (though if Sane leaves this summer, anything is possible I guess). Still though, he'll want to be a key player/automatic starter wherever he goes, which he won't be ahead of City's attacking options, nor would he be at Liverpool ahead of Mane/Salah.

Things can change depending on player sales, but assuming Liverpools front 3 doesn't change, and there is nothing drastic at City, I'd say United are the overwhelming favorites for whenever he decides he's ready to move back to England. We desperately need a right winger, he'll be given the #7 instantly and be an instant star here, he'll be at the biggest English club around and even if we haven't been amazing in recent years, still are among the biggest clubs in the world and carry that weight to lure players (and can pay handsomely). Plus he has plenty of good mates at United which is always a plus (genuinely feel a big part of why De Gea stayed so long at United is because of Herrera and Mata).

So honestly, it's not really that important how we did this season or if we don't challenge for the title next year. Players like Sancho and De Ligt will be players who trust in their own ability and will appreciate the responsibility they would get at United of being the main players, and are players who wouldn't care much about the previous few years without them, but would trust that at an ambitious club, they could lead them into glory days again. Not saying we'll get De Ligt or for sure Sancho, but that's my view on whenever anyone says shit about United's current state being a huge black mark on us. Professional footballers, especially future stars like them, will see themselves as the people who can turn that around.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You're obviously talking with two mouth. You're actually the one putting down Felix in favour of Sancho while those who rated Felix actually did rate Sancho also. It's actually cowardice to talk with two mouth. You put down Felix and when people call you out on it, you come up with ''I didn't say he won't turn out good'' in order not to look daft when he actually turn out good. Stand for something!
I’m not putting down Felix. If I say that ‘I’m not saying he won’t turn out good’, then that’s what I’m fecking saying! You are not comprehending that’s all. My views on Felix have little to do with Sancho anyway. People like yourself are the one trying to win an internet game and ‘not look daft’, or in your case, ‘look clever’.

You have become some sort of pseudo-expert of Felix, to the point where you are now arguing with the Portuguese fans about how good he is. Unsurprisingly, you are also arguing with Dutch Ajax fans over Van De Beek, correcting them in their assessment of him. You’re probably about 2-steps away from claiming to be a transfer ITK from what I see.

Kaglish10

I’m not putting down Felix. If I say that ‘I’m not saying he won’t turn out good’, then that’s what I’m fecking saying! You are not comprehending that’s all. My views on Felix have little to do with Sancho anyway. People like yourself are the one trying to win an internet game and ‘not look daft’, or in your case, ‘look clever’.

You have become some sort of pseudo-expert of Felix, to the point where you are now arguing with the Portuguese fans about how good he is. Unsurprisingly, you are also arguing with Dutch Ajax fans over Van De Beek, correcting them in their assessment of him. You’re probably about 2-steps away from claiming to be a transfer ITK from what I see.
Only you think it's competitive in your head because you think it's a game whereas I want the best for manutd and want us to snatch the best talent out there. While I was in the newbie, someone suggested Tonali (still pains me I can't recall his username nor can I return to the newbie), I checked his individual touches and to me, he looks good because I have judged many players on their individual touches. Since then, I have been on board. If the player didn't look good to me, I would have said no, like I did with many players.

I don't have to turn into a competitive rubbish like what you built up in your head. if you think a player is good enough, suggest him and get going but because of your insecurity, you would rather make up lies about some people putting down Sancho. And I repeat it's cowardice not to stand for something. If you think a player isn't good, say it, no one is going to wack you but speaking with two mouth is an act of cowardice.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Only you is competitive in your head because you think it's a game while I want the best for manutd and want us to snatch the best talent out there. While I was in the newbie, someone suggested Tonali (still pains me I can't recall his username nor can I return to the newbie), I checked his individual touches and to me, he looks good because I have judged many players on their individual touches. Since then, I have been on board. If the player didn't look good to me, I would have said no, like I did with many players.

I don't have to turn into a competitive rubbish like what you built up in your head. if you think a player is good enough, suggest him and get going rather than making up lies about some people putting Sancho down because of your insecurity. And I repeat it's cowardice not to stand for something. If you don't think a player isn't good, say it, no one is going to wack you but speaking with two mouth is a cowardice act.
This post actually makes no sense and has nothing to do with my post. Again, seems a comprehension issue.

And your view on Tonali, for example, is normal. However, it is based only on some YouTube clips, and so long as you admitted ‘looks good from the clips I’ve seen’ rather than trying to force an agenda, arguing his ability with actual Brescia fans who watch him weekly, claiming he’s better than top midfielders who have performed well at CL level, then fine. However, you seem to be pushing your agenda over-zealously, and in a manner that you’re not really qualified to do so, which only suggests that you are ‘taking a risk’ in order to win some sort of online credibility. Anyone can watch a clip on YouTube. Stop trying to play the expert on players you’ve barely seen in a match.

Kaglish10

This post actually makes no sense and has nothing to do with my post. Again, seems a comprehension issue.

And your view on Tonali, for example, is normal. However, it is based only on some YouTube clips, and so long as you admitted ‘looks good from the clips I’ve seen’ rather than trying to force an agenda, arguing his ability with actual Brescia fans who watch him weekly, claiming he’s better than top midfielders who have performed well at CL level, then fine. However, you seem to be pushing your agenda over-zealously, and in a manner that you’re not really qualified to do so, which only suggests that you are ‘taking a risk’ in order to win some sort of online credibility. Anyone can watch a clip on YouTube. Stop trying to play the expert on players you’ve barely seen in a match.

Another insecure rants and dick measuring nonsense..

I brought up many Ajax fans' posts to back up the fact that Van de Beek was a fantastic no 6 unlike our resident Ajax fans on here who were hunged up on Frenkie's style and thought Van de Beek was a no 10. One even claimed Van de Beek has been playing as a no 10 for two years now until I pulled out facts to show otherwise hence it's nonsensical to believe shit from fans because many have their biases. If we have that on here, why won't other fans do?

Apart from the fact that I have watched Van de Beek as a no 6 with my very own eyes, I have also tried to research on him hence can't take some fans bias at face value especially when many of Ajax fans on their forum actually thought Van de Beek looked good in the central midfield. The coach already agreed with my stance hence this put all your insecure rants to a waste bin.

Many of those who were negative about Felix were actually Benfica's rivals who actually thought Benfica bought their league win hence they there was no way they would have good things to say about Benfica's players. I actually loved what I saw from Felix as a false 9 against Frankfurt hence I would love to see him play more in that role but he didn't get to play the same role against Switzerland but rather was made to chase long aerial ball yet some people think it's the best game to judge him as not good enough eventhough he barely had a touch.. We all saw how Sterling looked different for England compared to a possession based Pep's side, let alone Felix chasing long ball but expected to look good.

The point is I want the best players in my team and I would do everything to support my view of a talented player if it would bring the said player into the club as early as possible before the big sharks start to circle around him while we have to splash millions to bring him in when we could have brought him for little if we had acted fast. Whether this disturb your little insecure cowardy mind or not, I don't give a feck however you should stop lying to make a stupid point.

pocco

loco

I'm not actually that bothered about this argument and i do agree with you on Sancho, but that bolded bit is exactly what it felt like you were doing yourself.

Like i said, this isn't really an argument I'm bothered about, just felt you were being hypocritical. The way you made a bit of a dig at people that perhaps rate Felix higher, because you rate Sancho higher, seems to be the exact beef you have here with those on the opposite side of the fence.

For what it's worth, i think Sancho is the best talent in his age group also and he honestly would be my number one target this summer. However, we all know first hand that some youngsters develop at different rates. Rooney at 17 was better than Ronaldo, we all saw what Ronaldo had to go through to get to where he is. I remember a lot of our fans giving him dogs abuse at games early on, whilst some could see that patience was needed whilst he developed physically and mentally. Perhaps that's where Felix is at. Sancho is just really gifted and seems to be a bit more mature on the pitch, so he applies himself better already on the big stage.

passing-wind

I just can't see Sancho here unless we sign him this season.

I honestly feel with how the current trajectory is that Solskjaer won't make the full season and we will fail to make the top four again.

If Sancho has another solid season he could potentially alert more clubs in Europe of his development and we are left in a De Ligt situation, registering interest in a player season or two to late.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

I honestly feel with how the current trajectory is that Solskjaer won't make the full season and we will fail to make the top four again.

If Sancho has another solid season he could potentially alert more clubs in Europe of his development and we are left in a De Ligt situation, registering interest in a player season or two to late.
I think the cat is already out of the bag that Sancho is a pretty good player for the top clubs in Europe.

edcunited1878

The interest is mutual for both club and player. Just that he still have room to develop at Dortmund and the exact timing isn't right. However, United have to earn their way to getting Sancho to transfer...i.e. United have to improve without him in the next year or two with Sancho being a young, but seasoned player ready to be a final piece in United's core team on the brink of winning major trophies.

All European clubs who have a realistic shot at the transfer fee for Sancho are well and truly aware. PSG, Barca, Madrid, United, City, maybe Chelsea, maybe Liverpool, Bayern (probably not).

If United miss out on Sancho, it wouldn't be for a lack of effort or intelligence or money. United aren't the best draw anymore and have to improve their stock another level. That's just the reality of the situation which is harsh but true.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He thinks we're a disaster and doesn't want to move until we sort ourselves out. Fair enough, really.

Might try again next summer if we manage top 4.
And where is reliable information about that? Did he say that?

passing-wind

If United miss out on Sancho, it wouldn't be for a lack of effort or intelligence or money. United aren't the best draw anymore and have to improve their stock another level. That's just the reality of the situation which is harsh but true.
Completely understand where your coming from, I do however feel that much of our current reputation and uncertainties with the future is partly to do with the club hierarchy but also massively influenced by Solskjaer being the manager.

Only less than two seasons ago we had a fantastic summer without UCL football under Mourinho but his managerial accolades is what got us specific targted players. I feel like under Solskjaer due to his lack of pedigree / accomplishment it makes the situation feel worse emotively compared to the extent of our problems in reality.

I know people will say that we have tried and tested proven managers but due to a lack of DOF none of the consecutive appointments (Moyes, JM, LVG) had anything in common, therefore we have been unable to build upon foundations that have been set. Overall I think the club aren't in the best position, but Solskjaer has accountability in the perception of this predicament. It's not like we are going after world class individuals either we are being linked and supposedly targeting prospects.

It's very concerning

Infra-red

And where is reliable information about that? Did he say that?
According to Uncle Ben..
David Ornstein (BBC):

I'm told he was the Red Devils' top attacking target and that they were his preferred option if he was to return to the UK from Borussia Dortmund this summer. A couple of months ago, he was open to the transfer and those involved felt it was nailed on.

But United's terrible end to the season has changed everything. Sancho is reluctant to give up Champions League football and if he is to move he wants to play for a club where stability, progression, development and a chance of winning trophies is guaranteed.

The 19-year-old England forward now harbours severe doubts that United can offer any of those assurances. I'm told 'never say never', but as things stand it is looking highly unlikely.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48278922

Manchester United’s £100million move for England starlet Jadon Sancho in tatters after failure to qualify for Champions League

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...tatters-failure-qualify-Champions-League.html

Manchester United transfer news: Jadon Sancho hopes over as Champions League failure sees summer move collapse

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...hampions-league-failure-psg-a8916551.html?amp

There's no way he's agreeing to come here while we are in this state. We've now "ruled out" any move:

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soc...td-rule-out-move-for-bvbs-sancho?platform=amp

Status
Not open for further replies.