Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Dortmund spent 120M in this window on attacking players like Brandt, Hazard. Wondering if we can push them to sell Sancho to us now?
We might with Dortmund. However, zero chance of convincing Sancho.

croadyman

We might with Dortmund. However, zero chance of convincing Sancho.
Yeah this transfer died the minute we missed out on champions league football,we could sell Pogba and offer them £100m and he still wouldn't want to come

Wheato

Sancho is sponsored by Nike. If Pogba goes, our 750 million pound sponsor would want a big name who is on their books. Unfortunately, this is how investment bankers think. They will be desperately looking for Adidas sponsored players right now. This is why that rumour about bringing Oscar back from China has plausibility, he is a massive star in Asia, and he wears Adidas boots.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sancho is sponsored by Nike. If Pogba goes, our 750 million pound sponsor would want a big name who is on their books. Unfortunately, this is how investment bankers think. They will be desperately looking for Adidas sponsored players right now. This is why that rumour about bringing Oscar back from China has plausibility, he is a massive star in Asia, and he wears Adidas boots.

The rumour was a joke made up by @golden_blunder and isn't remotely true. We won't be signing Oscar.

Snafu17

:lol:

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
All the BVB-fans here told you that Sancho won't come to United, expecially this window. All with solid arguments, but still some here thought "lets just spend an amount of money and they wont refuse to sell", ignoring every argument and insights the people with some knowledge of Dortmund posted here.
Now its like all the BVB-fans told you. Our contract situation is one big reason that we keep him, adding this to the terribile situation of the current United with no sign of a change, it was for sure that he never will come to United.

Even next window it will be the same. Real, Barca and all the others elite and/or financially big clubs will be in for him, we will enjoy a bidding war, and probably get a new record fee. And United has the weakest arguments on his side. Yeah there is money in the club, but what else? This kid will come from a well structured club and a well balanced squad, which offered him the best surrounding for playing great football, he wont take a step down. He is clever, he want a financially step up, combined with playing good, in the best case, better football than he saw the last years. My bet is on Real or Barca. I just couldnt see why United will get him, i cant see any reason why he should do this.
United should aim for a complete restoration of the club, the structures, the people running the club and having something to say. Instead of wanting some "galaticos" and focusing on "hey we got money that will solve all the mess we made out of the club", cause this way of thinking is part of your deep laying problems.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Even next window it will be the same. Real, Barca and all the others elite and/or financially big clubs will be in for him, we will enjoy a bidding war, and probably get a new record fee..
I have always felt that this summer was our one slim chance of getting Sancho, if we failed this window, then our chances next year will have reduced even further.
I do hope that we are not resisting any other RW opportunities, based on a belief that Sancho will sign for us as soon as we are back in the CL...

GBBQ

All the BVB-fans here told you that Sancho won't come to United, expecially this window. All with solid arguments, but still some here thought "lets just spend an amount of money and they wont refuse to sell", ignoring every argument and insights the people with some knowledge of Dortmund posted here.
Now its like all the BVB-fans told you. Our contract situation is one big reason that we keep him, adding this to the terribile situation of the current United with no sign of a change, it was for sure that he never will come to United.

Even next window it will be the same. Real, Barca and all the others elite and/or financially big clubs will be in for him, we will enjoy a bidding war, and probably get a new record fee. And United has the weakest arguments on his side. Yeah there is money in the club, but what else? This kid will come from a well structured club and a well balanced squad, which offered him the best surrounding for playing great football, he wont take a step down. He is clever, he want a financially step up, combined with playing good, in the best case, better football than he saw the last years. My bet is on Real or Barca. I just couldnt see why United will get him, i cant see any reason why he should do this.
United should aim for a complete restoration of the club, the structures, the people running the club and having something to say. Instead of wanting some "galaticos" and focusing on "hey we got money that will solve all the mess we made out of the club", cause this way of thinking is part of your deep laying problems.
Could have got all that at City if he wanted. The fact is he wants to play regularly hence he moved to Dortmund. United have money for sure, they also have prestige and history and most importantly a vacant right wing position he could own for the next decade. United are in flux but it doesn't take long to correct the ship with the right signings and Sancho would be one of them. If we're more stable come next summer, with a clearer view on footballing vision I could see us being a valid option for him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Could have got all that at City if he wanted. The fact is he wants to play regularly hence he moved to Dortmund. United have money for sure, they also have prestige and history and most importantly a vacant right wing position he could own for the next decade. United are in flux but it doesn't take long to correct the ship with the right signings and Sancho would be one of them. If we're more stable come next summer, with a clearer view on footballing vision I could see us being a valid option for him.
By all accounts he was very keen on the move and it's only our late season collapse that gave him second thoughts. If we sort our shit out can 100% see him being a United player next summer although there's a chance City may want him back then

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
United are in flux but it doesn't take long to correct the ship with the right signings and Sancho would be one of them.
And thats the difference: i strongly disagree. Its not like "make some signings and everything will be ok". This is exactly the thing i wrote in my last sentence.

You have to change every little stone in this current chaos called United. And then you will have a chance in making some signings.
Didn't the case of Klopps refuse or now this case of Sancho open your eyes?
Doesn't the fact, that you missed out on Sancho in the first place (you already were desperate for a winger, and he was only some kilometers away ^^), let you think for one moment and ask your club and the board: "why?"

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
And thats the difference: i strongly disagree. Its not like "make some signings and everything will be ok". This is exactly the thing i wrote in my last sentence.

You have to change every little stone in this current chaos called United. And then you will have a chance in making some signings.
Doesn't the fact, that you missed out on Sancho in the first place (you already were desperate for a winger, and he was only some kilometers away ^^), let you think for one moment and ask your club and the board: "why?"
You think our local rivals would sell us their best youth player? :wenger:

That's like you trying to buy Sane from Schalke :lol:

Yes we may be in a mess right now, but we will be back eventually.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
By all accounts he was very keen on the move and it's only our late season collapse that gave him second thoughts. If we sort our shit out can 100% see him being a United player next summer although there's a chance City may want him back then
I think you guys miss the point that "sort the shit out" takes some seasons and isnt a thing which is doable in one year. And have to rebuild nearly everything. To be exact: everything except your bankaccounts.
Look at us, look at Liverpool, look at every Club wich runs solid since some years and have a progress. It takes time and a clever plan to do this.
You sound like hiring some expensive players, let Woodward having a new idea what coach could be good, and everything will be ok. No, its a lot more than that. And the other clubs won't stand still.

What i want to say: You will never get Sancho, or the next Sancho, and so on, if your Club does't change itself and getting back on track. Yeah maybe your money sometimes will get one good player here and there, but you still won't make any progress. Pogba, Falcao, Fred, and all the countless other examples proof that and should let you thinking about this stuff.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think you guys miss the point that "sort the shit out" takes some seasons and isnt a thing which is doable in one year. And have to rebuild nearly everything. To be exact: everything except your bankaccounts.
Look at us, look at Liverpool, look at every Club wich runs solid since some years and have a progress. It takes time and a clever plan to do this.
You sound like hiring some expensive players, let Woodward having a new idea what coach could be good, and everything will be ok. No, its a lot more than that. And the other clubs won't stand still.

What i want to say: You will never get Sancho, or the next Sancho, and so on, if your Club does't change itself and getting back on track. Yeah maybe your money sometimes will get one good player here and there, but you still won't make any progress. Pogba, Falcao, Fred, and all the countless other examples proof that and should let you thinking about this stuff.
:houllier: Weird to put Pogba in that bunch.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Top 4 finish and UCL football will be enough to get Sancho next summer

roonster09

Scout

Actually it would be much easier if you put some effort to understand why we can't/couldn't sign Sancho from City.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

So basically you want to come in here to tell us we are shit and are going to stay shit.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
You think our local rivals would sell us their best youth player? :wenger:

That's like you trying to buy Sane from Schalke :lol:

Yes we may be in a mess right now, but we will be back eventually.
Sorry, but everyone can buy from Schalke, in the most cases you even dont have to buy, they are mostly free :lol:
I think Sane got some bigger opportunities. And its more like the board and the fans would struggle to buy someone from Schalke. They are a local rival. But i think the bigger reason why in the last times this didn't happen is more that nearly all their players are shit, and if someone like Sane steps up he can choose bigger clubs.

roonster09

Scout
So basically you want to come in here to tell us we are shit and are going to stay shit.
And look at Dortmund to see how well the club should run, who won 1 cup in last 5-6 years.

At least should have named Spurs who made CL finals (still didn't win anything but still much better than Dortmund)

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Jesus christ @.mica please settle down. There was basically nobody discussing a transfer anymore in here, why do you have to come in here like that? I am honestly a bit embarassed at your sometimes extreme exaggarations. Especially as a Dortmund supporter you should be aware of how it feels to be in the shit and have some sort of sympathy. And if we are completely honest United are not even remotely as shit as Dortmund have been. Having the kind of money United have can actually give you the opportunity to take shortcuts in setting up a winning team without having to do as much building as Dortmund had to do at some point under Klopp. Sure there might be some systemic issues that need to be addressed but please get off your high horse here. Neither are these people here unaware of their surroundings (well at least most aren't :lol:) nor are Dortmund (or Liverpool for that matter) perfect in every way and should be the epitome of what other clubs should follow.

Especially right now I am not so sure about Dortmunds transfer strategies and next year might not be as great as you are anticipating. I am hopeful but it never hurts to stay a bit humble. I am quite certain Sancho will leave next summer and I believe United may be in a good position to get him. But we don't know, a year is a hell of a long time in football and so much may change in that time.

ArjenIsM3

And look at Dortmund to see how well the club should run, who won 1 cup in last 5-6 years.

At least should have named Spurs who made CL finals (still didn't win anything but still much better than Dortmund)
He's not wrong though is he? We've been a mess for years. We desperately need to steady the ship and paying way too much money for the biggest names hasn't worked and won't work now. Something about Einstein and his definition of insanity. Once we steady the ship, once we've established a clear strategy for the club and a clear style of play we will be able to attract the biggest talents again. Right now though that will be extremely difficult as just about every other big club out there can offer talents a more stable platform to develop and a less toxic environment to be in. Choosing us is a massive gamble for any top player right now. It's why we need a DoF to come in.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Won't happen this summer but I really do think it could happen next year.
I know I'm being obvious but CL next year will make or break this deal. I honestly believe we might have got him this year if we hadn't missed out on it but bit late now.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I know I'm being obvious but CL next year will make or break this deal. I honestly believe we might have got him this year if we hadn't missed out on it but bit late now.
For sure, CL next year is important. Personally I don't think we would have got him if we hadn't missed out this year with all the noise from the Dortmund end saying they didn't want to sell another young attacker after their breakthrough season.

passing-wind

No point wasting another season waiting for a player to put off a weakened position.

I'd honestly go for David Brooks left footed right sided player and develop him here.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I dont understand - could that video not be related to anything else?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's Santan Dave. A big United fan and......................ITK

But they said nothing to do with football whatsoever.

That last tweet was a clear wum, given De Ligt is pretty much a Juventus player.

Coops73

It's Santan Dave. A big United fan and......................ITK

Not that fella, there’s another one behind him as the camera pans round, it’s clearly a sign OMG! I’m so excited....who the feck is Sancho?

Status
Not open for further replies.