Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
For sure, CL next year is important. Personally I don't think we would have got him if we hadn't missed out this year with all the noise from the Dortmund end saying they didn't want to sell another young attacker after their breakthrough season.
No excuses for missing out either. Chelsea lost their best player and aren’t signing. Arsenal are having a very poor window.

If we can’t get in next season we’re screwed long term.

Lee565

If only this club had properly got it's act together at the start of last summer when Mourinho was throwing strops about what he had to work with because the club was hesitant to back him and realized it was best then to part ways asap, it has ending up costing the club massively, you got the lack of champions league money and you can only imagine how much Sancho's fee will rise by next summer as well if he plays as well as he did last season.

Bwuk

I’d imagine due to the fee he’d cost it’d be dependant on Lukaku leaving.

The dream:

Dave
AWB - De Ligt - Lindelof - Shaw
Pogba - McTominay
Sancho - Bruno - Martial
Rashford​

Infra-red

If only this club had properly got it's act together at the start of last summer when Mourinho was throwing strops about what he had to work with because the club was hesitant to back him and realized it was best then to part ways asap, it has ending up costing the club massively, you got the lack of champions league money and you can only imagine how much Sancho's fee will rise by next summer as well if he plays as well as he did last season.
Another bum decision by Woodward et al.

DoomSlayer

Can we somehow swap Sancho with Lingard, tell them that young "jlingz" is an incredible prospect that can also help them with their social media presence? I'd also add £80 million on top of that to sweeten the deal.

King_Cantona07

Can we somehow swap Sancho with Lingard, tell them that young "jlingz" is an incredible prospect that can also help them with their social media presence? I'd also add £80 million on top of that to sweeten the deal.
Post of the day winner. Sweet.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’m actually thinking if chiesa is gettable this summer we should go for him instead. He can play both wings and is genuinely exciting. We need more match winners on the rise in the squad. See where sancho is next summer form wise. You can never have too many exciting attacking players

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I’m actually thinking if chiesa is gettable this summer we should go for him instead. He can play both wings and is genuinely exciting. We need more match winners on the rise in the squad. See where sancho is next summer form wise. You can never have too many exciting attacking players
You don't spend big money on same position every year unless we are City or PSG.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
If he spent more time on his football and less time on social media he would be the Balloon Door right now.

Ventura

You couldn't make that a little more subtle?:(:(

Better to crush your hopes right now instad of feeding them, letting them grow, then you would fall from a much higher place when you the truth finally dawns on you. You're welcome.

lsd

The Oracle
[QUOTE="Ventura, post: 24344270, member: 91014"never.[/QUOTE]

You only needed the last word there

lewwoo

This summer was our one and only chance to sign him and fecking up champions league ended it. He will go elsewhere next summer.

Hawks2008

This summer was our one and only chance to sign him and fecking up champions league ended it. He will go elsewhere next summer.
Yeah, if he has another great season and a big showing at the Euro's there will be plenty of top teams wanting his signature, so there really isn't much logic to 'wait for Sancho' when there is a good chance he doesn't come to us next season.

Suvvernmanc

When you have Athletico Madrid getting Felix in for €120m and Dembele and Griezmann to Barcelona for €140m and €110m respectively, surely Sancho is £100-120m?

Teams with less available money than us are spending huge amounts for the best talents and I know we are in the process of rebuilding so we need money spent elsewhere too but why cant we just splurge on Sancho now? We spent nothing last season due to not backing Jose and have only spent on a RB and a young championship player this season. Maybe these £100m budget rumours are true.. I dont know.

RkkMan

Yeah, if he has another great season and a big showing at the Euro's there will be plenty of top teams wanting his signature, so there really isn't much logic to 'wait for Sancho' when there is a good chance he doesn't come to us next season.
Unless you're talking about EPL teams cause doubt the Madrids/Barcas will be SERIOUSLY after him, plus he'll probably prefer to return to England anyway

And amongst the PL teams only us, City and maybe Chelsea can afford him and City have Sterling/Sane think this is something we can wait a little longer for like Liverpool did with Van Dijk

Last edited by a moderator:

Zed 101

We haven't progressed from the Club do not want or need to sell and the player has not shown any interest in signing for us or agitating for any move away, for a transfer there has to be willing from at least 2 parties in the first instance

Hawks2008

Unless you're talking about EPL teams cause doubt the Madrids/Barcas will be SERIOUSLY after him, plus he'll probably prefer to return to England anyway

And amongst the PL teams only us, City and maybe Chelsea can afford him and City have Sterling/Sane think this is something we can wait a little longer for like Liverpool did with Van Dijk
You seriously think a side like Madrid or Bayern or PSG wouldn't want Sancho if he continues to perform? Or that he won't cost even more next season? I don't think we can get top 4 without quality attacking players through the door (especially on the right) and then without top 4 we cannot sign him, or he may move to another club, and then we'll really be screwed.

We can't afford not to make top 4, the ramifications of missing out on CL twice in a row could be quite damaging. Is it worth gambling that cause we maybe can sign Sancho? Our right side is the biggest hole in the team, the lack of urgency to sign a right winger is baffling. Sancho is not the only player who can improve us.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It was a bad year for us to miss out on top 4.
Absolutely. I reckon he'd be ours had we got in.

Mourinho wrecked it though by spitting his dunmy out. Yes Woodward didn't help but just get on with it. Ole had to and he got us 3rd in form table overall since he joined.

minh_loc_xoay

It was a bad year for us to miss out on top 4.
All because David De Gea decided to throw his toys out of the house towards the end. Yet lots of posters on here are still hell-bent on us giving him a bumper contract... :houllier:

Bondi77

I saw one of the earlier posts about Kagawa and Mkhitaryan and I do agree about them not being up to it in the Premier League. Both of these players have great technique but I think a player needs a bit more to succeed in England and I think one of the main things that a player has to have is the willingness to get stuck in and really have a go and that coupled with good technique makes a really good player.
I do not watch a lot of German or Portuguese football apart from Champs League but I think the level is fairly equal apart from Bayern and this is where I have reservations about Bruno Fernandes as his stats are similar to what Kagawa and Mkhitaryan posted before they came to Utd so I think it really comes down to desire if a player like Fernandes or Sancho can prove to be good investments.

marktan

Any chance someone can fax that £70m Maguire offer to Dortmund? Sigh, it's hard not getting what you want

Status
Not open for further replies.