Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Seriously? You want to argue the competitiveness of Bayernliga with the PL? 5 different winners in the last 7 games compared to 1. PL had a CL finalist in the last 2 years, with having every finalist of the Europa and CL this year. The quality of the two leagues in it's current state is incomparable. Your argument is essentially Sancho should stay in a comparatively weaker league, a league that has had the same winner for the past 7 years, because it's better for his development somehow, and that, despite it having the same winner for the past 7 years, it's easier to win trophies, despite Dortmund winning less trophies than United in those 7 years. Sound.

Sure, if you want to make 'desired improvement' qualifable first. You'll also have to qualify how the Italian and German leagues are 'more technical leagues to hone craft.' Pop that in a metric as well, if you please.

If ifs and buts were candies and nuts.
In our case, it would mean a 3 times greater salary than Bayernliga :lol:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
In our case, it would mean a 3 times greater salary than Bayernliga :lol:
:lol:

He's trying to make the point that playing in an inferior league against inferior opposition is better for his development, because Dortmund can 'challenge for the title,' despite the same team winning it for the last 7 years, and having won less trophies than United in that time.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
:lol:

He's trying to make the point that playing in an inferior league against inferior opposition is better for his development, because Dortmund can 'challenge for the title,' despite the same team winning it for the last 7 years, and having won less trophies than United in that time.
Yeah, its utter nonsense. Dortmund is not a bad place to be when you cant get a guaranteed EPL starting place. But there is nowhere more competitive than elite level EPL, and hopefully we can offer him that next season.

As long as we can get into top 4 this year, I'm convinced we will consistently retain ECL qualification with Sacho in the squad, which will very quickly be competing for EPL and ECL.

Its a perfect match: his contributions help us improve, and in doing so, he also improves, finally reaching a PL/CL double crescendo!

LuckyScout78

United might do a De Jong to Barcelona in January. Buy and get him and let him play for Dortmund rest if the season. Then hopefully Dortmund will accept it and reduce the price with some %. To avoid competition to get him next summer.

But if Dortmund is willing ti let him join and play for United from a January. Its even better. But I don’t think Dortmund will let him go in January.

RedDevilRoshi

United might do a De Jong to Barcelona in January. Buy and get him and let him play for Dortmund rest if the season. Then hopefully Dortmund will accept it and reduce the price with some %. To avoid competition to get him next summer.

But if Dortmund is willing ti let him join and play for United from a January. Its even better. But I don’t think Dortmund will let him go in January.

No chance Dortmund will let him leave mid-way through the season. The only way I can see us or any club signing him in January is what you’ve mentioned in your first paragraph. Purchase him but loan him straight back to Dortmund for the remainder of the season. Similar to what Barca did with De Jong and Chelsea with Pulisic.

Might as well try it to see if it is possible.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

If Sancho pulled the plug on the move due to the way we ended the season last season then he ain't going to want anything to be agreed in January is he? He'll want to wait till the end of this season.

GledTheRed

We need to make these kind of moves or none like we did with AWB and Harry, enough of littering the squad with shit. Buy the best or leave it till they are available.

OleGunnar20

If Sancho pulled the plug on the move due to the way we ended the season last season then he ain't going to want anything to be agreed in January is he? He'll want to wait till the end of this season.
Depends on how we're looking I suppose.

But yes, pretty unlikely I'd say especially after our collapse last year. He seems like a switched on lad.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We need to make these kind of moves or none like we did with AWB and Harry, enough of littering the squad with shit. Buy the best or leave it till they are available.
True that....^^
One transfer window of bad signings, takes multiple transfer windows to rectify.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Expect this thread to go over 300-400 pages then abruptedly ended when Sacho joined another club next summer.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We don't even know if Sancho actually turned us down, or did the club just refuse to sell?

I assume Dortmund wanted another season out of him and to let their new signings settle in first

romufc

We don't even know if Sancho actually turned us down, or did the club just refuse to sell?

I assume Dortmund wanted another season out of him and to let their new signings settle in first
I would assume Dortmund wanted over £100m, with investments required in other areas, we couldn't afford this. On top of that, conversations with his agent must have taken place in respects to him wanting champions league.

If he has another good season and a good Euors then his stock will rise again.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

I would assume Dortmund wanted over £100m, with investments required in other areas, we couldn't afford this. On top of that, conversations with his agent must have taken place in respects to him wanting champions league.

If he has another good season and a good Euors then his stock will rise again.
I am pretty sure Dortmund never had any intentions to sell. That is why it has always seemed odd to me that it "would have been a done deal" had United qualified for the Champions League. Here in Germany there has been basically zero reports about a potential Sancho transfer and I am quite certain that is due to Dortmund just telling everybody straight away, that Sancho is not for sale this summer.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre

Pulisic's departure could force Borussia to keep their best, but I feel if Ole push for him like he did for Maguire, the board will probably pay the money.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I am pretty sure Dortmund never had any intentions to sell. That is why it has always seemed odd to me that it "would have been a done deal" had United qualified for the Champions League. Here in Germany there has been basically zero reports about a potential Sancho transfer and I am quite certain that is due to Dortmund just telling everybody straight away, that Sancho is not for sale this summer.
Yeah that's what I had assumed. We probably asked the question and got told either a crazy figure or don't even bother.

I think next year will be a good time for both clubs.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

If it was this "simple", Jadon Sancho would already be a Manchester United player. He literally opted not to join the club due to our lack of CL and uncertainty surrounding the squad going forward.

The only way I see this even remotely happening is if we're 1st or 2nd on the table and a CL spot is all but guaranteed, Pogba signs a new contract, and everything is sunshine and daisies. He also has a price tag of "all the money", which could be a problem.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Wish it wasn't the case, but a lot of players have been stagnating here recently. Hopefully the new coaching staff is fixing that.
Greenwood, Gomes, Chong. All had fantastic pre-seasons. Nicky Butt is involved, OGS is attending U-18 games with the entire coaching staff. Focus is definitely on the kids

romufc

Oh I agree, after the sell of Pulisic and Dortmund have not spent too much money either, they don't need the money. It is not like Sancho has caused any issues, he seems satisfied there.

Tbh I think it is the fans and the so called ITK's who think they know it all who said Sancho would be a done deal. Most of it is fake because United didn't qualify for the champions League.

United are generally linked with alot of players, look at the whole summer where on how many occasions was Bruno Fernandes was due for a medical~?

ash_86

I hope we make an Pulisic type deal with Dortmund if Sancho is interested in coming here next year. We have a huge midfield gap to attend and for a fact i know that Ed needs more than 2 months to get things sorted.

ManRed

I hope we make an Pulisic type deal with Dortmund if Sancho is interested in coming here next year. We have a huge midfield gap to attend and for a fact i know that Ed needs more than 2 months to get things sorted.
Not going to happen. Sancho will want to make sure we are back in the champions league before he commits.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
If it was this "simple", Jadon Sancho would already be a Manchester United player. He literally opted not to join the club due to our lack of CL and uncertainty surrounding the squad going forward.

The only way I see this even remotely happening is if we're 1st or 2nd on the table and a CL spot is all but guaranteed, Pogba signs a new contract, and everything is sunshine and daisies. He also has a price tag of "all the money", which could be a problem.
Why would he do that? If he has a great season, every top club would want to buy him and he can chose

ash_86

Not going to happen. Sancho will want to make sure we are back in the champions league before he commits.
You maybe right. Let's make that happen then. We have a good shot with Arsenal our only rival for the fourth spot. Next season Chelsea too are going to invest.

Pughnichi

Ed should be working in this transfer now...for next summer to avoid the circus. Get him in when the window opens and get him incorporated into the squad. We should ideally be 12 months ahead of ourselves

Champagne Football

Ed should be working in this transfer now...for next summer to avoid the circus. Get him in when the window opens and get him incorporated into the squad. We should ideally be 12 months ahead of ourselves
That's most certainly what they are doing. But Liverpool might be a more attractive team in 12 months - especially if they sell Salah for £200 million. Top 4 will be tough to get too and qualifying or not depends on if we can attract him or not

Hawks2008

73% chance he is a Chelsea player next season.

He's a fan, his family live in the area and he is BFFs with Hudson-Odoi. Plus we will have saved our pocket money for a whole year.

..........Striker.............
CHO - Pulisic - Sancho.

Actually, 76%.
The meltdowns on this thread if Sancho joins another English club will be something else.

Hope you're wrong though.

Classical Mechanic

73% chance he is a Chelsea player next season.

He's a fan, his family live in the area and he is BFFs with Hudson-Odoi. Plus we will have saved our pocket money for a whole year.

..........Striker.............
CHO - Pulisic - Sancho.

Actually, 76%.
Folks grow and make new friends......

romufc

The meltdowns on this thread if Sancho joins another English club will be something else.

Hope you're wrong though.
I reckon Chelsea will have alot of areas to strengthen before they look for a winger.

They will prob need :
RB £40m
CB £50m
ST £70m

That is almost bare minimum and will equate to £160m will they be able to spend £100m odd on Sancho?

Also, if they don't make Champions League, will he join?

I think I am more worried about him joining Liverpool next summer.

Nanook

I reckon Chelsea will have alot of areas to strengthen before they look for a winger.

They will prob need :
RB £40m
CB £50m
ST £70m

That is almost bare minimum and will equate to £160m will they be able to spend £100m odd on Sancho?

Mane and Salah will only be 28 next year, are they going to spend likely £120m+ on Sancho when they’ve got two of the best wingers in the world in their prime?

TrimiPejes

Expect this thread to go over 300-400 pages then abruptedly ended when Sacho joined another club next summer.
Didn't he play for the youth of City? I still don't understand why people are so certain he will come to us while he played at our neighbours when he was a kid. I'm guessing City would be more tempting for him

0le

I'm not sure I believe the idea that he didn't want to sign because of a lack of CL football. I think it was probably a combination of a) he wants to remain at Dortmund for a bit longer than only two years and b) he may have been concerned at the poor results and the lack of direction and uncertainty surrounding the club. If we have a good season and show clear signs of progress, I think he will want to join. However, a lot can happen in 12 months and we may also have moved onto other targets to use the big money on a midfielder instead.

romufc

Mane and Salah will only be 28 next year, are they going to spend likely £120m+ on Sancho when they’ve got two of the best wingers in the world in their prime?
I have a few Liverpool mates who think Salah or Mane would leave next year and the replacement would be Sancho. Or they will look to play Salah down the middle Sancho right and bobby as CAM

beingshe7don

I think if we manage to get Sancho next season, we may have a chance of keeping Pogba.... It will show that we are showing some ambition of competing for the title.

beingshe7don

They will prob need :
RB £40m
CB £50m
ST £70m

This is dependent on how Pulisic does this season. If Pulisic does not do well, they could possibly shift him back to Dortmund in exchange for Jadon Sancho. So we cannot dismiss Chelsea. Also, with Hazard (marquee player) gone, they will look to go for a marquee type signing and also leverage the funds that were not used this summer. I don't think Liverpool will be in for him unless they lose Salah to Real to Barca which could be very possible. Bayern missed out on Sane and could go for Sancho instead as a cheaper alternative. So there are quite a few takers for Sancho next summer. Also, Greenwood and Dan James' performance this season on the RW could determine our interest in Sancho. Also, if we lose Pogba, we may go all in for him to replace Sancho as our marquee player.

Edit: Also, I forgot to mention that Sancho is a London boy and his fav team growing up was Chelsea....

Last edited:

romufc

This is dependent on how Pulisic does this season. If Pulisic does not do well, they could possibly shift him back to Dortmund in exchange for Jadon Sancho. So we cannot dismiss Chelsea. Also, with Hazard (marquee player) gone, they will look to go for a marquee type signing and also leverage the funds that were not used this summer. I don't think Liverpool will be in for him unless they lose Salah to Real to Barca which could be very possible. Bayern missed out on Sane and could go for Sancho instead as a cheaper alternative. So there are quite a few takers for Sancho next summer. Also, Greenwood and Dan James' performance this season on the RW could determine our interest in Sancho. Also, if we lose Pogba, we may go all in for him to replace Sancho as our marquee player.

All points are very valid.

This is why I think this is a massive season for the future of Manutd as a football club. We have always had a marquee player. If we don't get Champions League, Pogba is a goner, we won't get Sancho, then we are left looking for players below that Top draw market.

I have a feeling Sancho will come to England, but you cannot also discount City? If Sane moves to Bayern, he could fit as RW and Bernado replace Silva in midfield.

Therefore, if we think we can get Sancho, champions league and style of football is minimum.

If Real had a crap season and we get 4th play good football, there is a possibility that Pogba stays and we sign Sancho.

Then we only need a CM next summer. But this is me hoping we have a great season.

SiRed

I firmly think we have this all agreed for next summer. We all expected a huge overhaul in squad personnel this summer and it can be argued we only got half of what was required.
Our net spend this summer is very very low and i believe we have set this summers budget aside to add on to next summer.
Ole is no fool - Steve Wonder can see we need a a RW. We could have signed a stop gap but the priority was the defence.
Next summer, midfield and wide positions will take priority.... If we get it right then its just sprinkling the icing on the top of the cake.

Enfant terrible

I really don't get it. The development of this thread I mean. 91 pages of hunches and feelings. Is there any real evidence that this transfer is even remotely happening? Where does all this come from?

beingshe7don

All points are very valid.

This is why I think this is a massive season for the future of Manutd as a football club. We have always had a marquee player. If we don't get Champions League, Pogba is a goner, we won't get Sancho, then we are left looking for players below that Top draw market.

I have a feeling Sancho will come to England, but you cannot also discount City? If Sane moves to Bayern, he could fit as RW and Bernado replace Silva in midfield.

Therefore, if we think we can get Sancho, champions league and style of football is minimum.

If Real had a crap season and we get 4th play good football, there is a possibility that Pogba stays and we sign Sancho.

Then we only need a CM next summer. But this is me hoping we have a great season.
As long as Pep is at City, I don't think Sancho will return.
1. He's a London kid, so no soft spot for City
2. Sane is a benchwarmer at City, so Sancho wouldn't want to come back to do the same
3. Sancho burned his bridges with City when he left
4. City don't spend big on a single player. I think Rodri or Mahrez is their most expensive signing. They would have to break the bank for Sancho which makes no sense considering they let him go pretty cheaply and they are stacked in the winger position.
5. Sterling and Bernardo Silva are practically impossible to displace at the moment. Even Mahrez is a benchwarmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.