Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

beingshe7don

I firmly think we have this all agreed for next summer. We all expected a huge overhaul in squad personnel this summer and it can be argued we only got half of what was required.
Our net spend this summer is very very low and i believe we have set this summers budget aside to add on to next summer.
Ole is no fool - Steve Wonder can see we need a a RW. We could have signed a stop gap but the priority was the defence.
Next summer, midfield and wide positions will take priority.... If we get it right then its just sprinkling the icing on the top of the cake.
CL is not a guarantee for United. I highly doubt we have it wrapped up. We possibly may have told Dortmund to keep us informed if they get a bid for Sancho next summer.

In Rainbows

Didn't he play for the youth of City? I still don't understand why people are so certain he will come to us while he played at our neighbours when he was a kid. I'm guessing City would be more tempting for him
He was a Watford youth product and left to City at age 16. He then left to Dortmund. It's similar to United and Pogba. Sancho seems like he values his playing time and so it would make more sense to go to United as City already have Sterling, Silva, and Mahrez. United don't have a RW right now.

Hackman2210

100 million tho? I just think we are moving away from that transfer model. I’d rather pick up a young left-back. midfielder Longstaff and another for £80 million. Sancho is unproven in the PL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This lad is very close to Lingard and Rashford which will be quite telling next summer.

Teja

This lad is very close to Lingard and Rashford which will be quite telling next summer.
Also CHO if you believe Chelsea fans. They want

---------- New striker ---------
-- Pulisic -- CHO -- Sancho --

as their frontline.

Sterling Archer

as their frontline.
May well be a seasons audition for England's next great player, between United and Chelsea. Whichever club signs him will win leagues. The other will likely be left having seasons like United the last six years.

In Rainbows

as their frontline.
On the other hand

----------Greenwood--------
tony/rash--------------Sancho
-Pogba---Garner----Gomes---

:drool:

Mainoldo

as their frontline.
Well with him still not signing a contract. He could still be best mates with him but at United.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
1 season at United without the CL would have still been better than 3 at Dortmund with the CL. They ain't gonna win it again.

mav_9me

May well be a seasons audition for England's next great player, between United and Chelsea. Whichever club signs him will win leagues. The other will likely be left having seasons like United the last six years.
I see it like you, similar to hazard situation.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I really don't get it. The development of this thread I mean. 91 pages of hunches and feelings. Is there any real evidence that this transfer is even remotely happening? Where does all this come from?
From hunches and feelings.

Also, rarely does a player come along who is so ideal for a football club. Sancho is exactly the player we need to take up the right wing role and make it his own. Most of the other top clubs have somebody in that position already. We've got a gaping hole and left it unfilled this summer.

RkkMan

Some of you are so naive. He didn’t come this year and he won’t be coming next year.
We didn't have CL football and Dortmund didn't have any financial pressure to sell
Every chance we have a better season this time round and he'll have only 2 years left on his deal at the end of the season meaning it's the only chance BVB have to sell him for big bucks unless he renews

SaintMuppet

We didn't have CL football and Dortmund didn't have any financial pressure to sell
Every chance we have a better season this time round and he'll have only 2 years left on his deal at the end of the season meaning it's the only chance BVB have to sell him for big bucks unless he renews
There are quite a few ‘ifs’ and ‘buts’ in there. He has a ripping season more clubs want him. We don’t finish top 4 goodnight.

Don’t get me wrong I’d love him to fill that lovely large hole at RW but people assuming this and that reminds me that:

Assumption is the Mother if all F@&$ups

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Some of you are so naive. He didn’t come this year and he won’t be coming next year.
You need a new user name! don't come in here with that negativity and call yourself a muppet :nono:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Muppet season is over :)

We are playing for real now
What are your reasons for thinking he won't want to come here?

Hypathetically speaking; if we get top 4 this summer, what stops him?

RkkMan

There are quite a few ‘ifs’ and ‘buts’ in there. He has a ripping season more clubs want him. We don’t finish top 4 goodnight.

Don’t get me wrong I’d love him to fill that lovely large hole at RW but people assuming this and that reminds me that:

Assumption is the Mother if all F@&$ups
As you said assumption is the mother of all f@ck ups so it's also uncanny to assume there's no chance he won't join us don't you think?? Especially with CL football? :)

SaintMuppet

In short the word ‘if’

It gets used a lot around here. If we get top 4 and no other top teams go for him we may well get him. But we may not get top 4, and if we do he may have such a brilliant season every top team wants him etc etc.

If we don’t get top 4 then it’s not looking good and I’m sceptical due to our shallow midfield and young frontline. I really think we will come up a bit short this season which will be a shame. Maybe if our project looks exciting enough due to the way we play we might be able to tempt him even if we don’t hit top 4 but all in all it’s a lot of unknowns.

I really want to be wrong but I think he will end up elsewhere. Tbh I hope he has a stinker of a season and puts everyone else off :)

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I just don't get the notion that CL football is so important. It's only important surely if you're in with a chance of winning? I can only imagine that he wants to join his next club with a view to winning things.

Rio Ferdinand's recent comments re Dybala are interesting too. I wonder if he'd say the same about Sancho?

"A lot of players have declined coming to Man Utd in recent years. They've chosen somewhere else.

"But I don't know how Dybala had the audacity to turn them down when he's on the bench at Juventus. He needs to start playing some football.

"Maybe he's thinking: 'I want to be Champions League or I'll sit on the bench. I'd rather do that than play at Man Utd'.

"Well, I'm happy he didn't come, then because you haven't got the right minerals that I want in a Man Utd player."

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I just don't get the notion that CL football is so important. It's only important surely if you're in with a chance of winning? I can only imagine that he wants to join his next club with a view to winning things.
How is Champions League only important if you're in with a chance of winning? It is about playing the best teams on one of the biggest stages in football. And if you're perfectly honest if he wants to join his next club with a view to winning things he's not going to join United in the fist place because he won't give a feck about the league either if you're not in with a chance of winning it.

AaronRedDevil

100 million tho? I just think we are moving away from that transfer model. I’d rather pick up a young left-back. midfielder Longstaff and another for £80 million. Sancho is unproven in the PL.
This lad is going to be 150m come next summer. Easily.

Coxy

Rio Ferdinand's recent comments re Dybala are interesting too. I wonder if he'd say the same about Sancho?
If we had it - it might have seen our summer a bit more interesting than it was.

MattyB1986

How can you say we are moving away from big money signings? we just bought a CB for £80 mil. I think if the player fits the right profile and wants to come here then we will personally.

We are moving away from just throwing mad wages and signing players who just see Utd has a cash cow I feel, which is the correct way to move forward.

Infra-red

That's quite a big 'if'.

But, even if we do make it into the top four, that will mean three 'top 4' finishes in seven years for us - he could be excused for thinking he might have a more illustrious career elsewhere.

SaintMuppet

Doesn't mean we should assume we won't get it come May yes?? :)
We could play this game forever and a day..... :)

However my ‘assumption’ is based on the evidence of recent seasons in which we have not performed well, have fallen short of top 4 and in general have not attracted the quality of player we need.

Sancho and a couple of quality midfielders and we would probably have a top 3 squad. That is the fine margin I feel we are dealing with. If we get lucky with injuries, if the youth develop well, and if Pogba has a worldie of a season we may get top 4. But that’s a lot of ifs. We really could’ve done with him this season rather than crossing our fingers for 12 months hence.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We could play this game forever and a day..... :)

However my ‘assumption’ is based on the evidence of recent seasons in which we have not performed well, have fallen short of top 4 and in general have not attracted the quality of player we need.

Sancho and a couple of quality midfielders and we would probably have a top 3 squad. That is the fine margin I feel we are dealing with. If we get lucky with injuries, if the youth develop well, and if Pogba has a worldie of a season we may get top 4. But that’s a lot of ifs. We really could’ve done with him this season rather than crossing our fingers for 12 months hence.
That’s all good in retrospect. In reality, we’ve attracted pretty much everyone we’ve gone after in this period you speak of.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Why? Sancho is playing every match.
Sorry, I missed the most important part of the quote.

“I want someone who wants to come and thinks: ‘Man United need to get back to being a top team, I want to be the catalyst’. That’s the type of person you want to come through the door.
This could be applied to Sancho if we're being honest. Why not have to belief that you can make the difference to help bring us back to the top?

How is Champions League only important if you're in with a chance of winning? It is about playing the best teams on one of the biggest stages in football. And if you're perfectly honest if he wants to join his next club with a view to winning things he's not going to join United in the fist place because he won't give a feck about the league either if you're not in with a chance of winning it.
I'm just guessing. Sancho is a top level talent and could be one of the biggest names in football soon enough, surely he wants to be at one of the top teams. Just speculation on my part but how do we know us finishing top 4 is enough to attract him next summer? Would he not want to join one of the best teams in their respective league? It's sort of become an assumption that us finishing top 4 attracts Sancho, based on one report that he was coming until we missed out. If that report is true then those quotes from Rio apply here.

If we had it - it might have seen our summer a bit more interesting than it was.
Probably. I'm just not convinced we got turned down by any of our targets, more we messed about wrapping up the signings we did make and then got put off by prices for others.

VanGaalEra

Need CL football and Sancho to come in.

Rashford - Martial - Sancho.

Anyone else salivating?

GBBQ

Need CL football and Sancho to come in.

Rashford - Martial - Sancho.

Anyone else salivating?
This window might be a tad underwhelming but we have potentially secured our defence for the foreseeable and if we get CL football next season I can see it being an easier sell to get Sancho to join us. That would be a great forward line if all 3 kick on this season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
There are no ‘guarantees’ of anything in the PL. All you can guarantee a player is that he will be playing in the CL the season he signs. Beyond that, any of the top 6 could finish 5th or 6th in my opinion.

You want ‘guaranteed CL football’ go to Spain, or Juve.

fps

As others have said, Top 4 and I reckon this is very much on. United have already done a lot of chasing.

This is the kind of player Man Utd should be signing. Making Top 4 with a strong showing this year could unlock Man Utd's future; transitional or not, it is a make or break season.

Mr Smith

1 season at United without the CL would have still been better than 3 at Dortmund with the CL. They ain't gonna win it again.
That's very naive. Dortmund have a realistic shot at the title this season, which is more than we can say.

Status
Not open for further replies.