Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

UDontMessWith24

What the hell are you on about? There is literally no precedent for this.
Gotze, Lewandoski, Hummels...Not particularly interested in what Dortmund wanted because the bottom line is those players joined Bayern. Shame too because we could have been privy to a few more years of exciting title races. Hopefully this doesn’t repeat itself with your current crop of players because you have a great chance the next few years.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Gotze, Lewandoski, Hummels...Not particularly interested in what Dortmund wanted because the bottom line is those players joined Bayern. Shame too because we could have been privy to a few more years of exciting title races. Hopefully this doesn’t repeat itself with your current crop of players because you have a great chance the next few years.
Sigh. Not what I was talking about or reacting to. Feel free to go back and follow the conversation. Anyways, I have held this up long enough, this should be about Sancho muppetry and I am going to bed now :)

Anustart89

True. The club's status eight years ago. As mentioned they have not agreed to a release clause since. I don't claim that we are anywhere near the position that Bayern are but the status has changed quite drastically over the last decade. It is probably easier to understand if you are aware of just how shit we were roughly between 2004 and 2009 :lol:
Fair enough.

criticalanalysis

Spoiler: He prefers left-wing
Someone say left wing touch map :drool:?

........................ Martial
................. Rashford
............... Sancho
.................. Pogba

................... Fred............. McTominay
................ Shaw..................................... AWB
............................... Maguire Lindelof

Rolaholic

Can't see why he'd go back to Citeh if he's looking to be a starter.

Maybe Sane going to Bayern could open things up but they're still stocked with forward options

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Any Sancho transfer will have to pass City first, since they have right of first refusal. I guess in the case we get Sané in the end, there's probably little to no chance Sancho will go anywhere else.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Any Sancho transfer will have to pass City first, since they have right of first refusal. I guess in the case we get Sané in the end, there's probably little to no chance Sancho will go anywhere else.
It doesn’t really change anything though, does it? First refusal or not, Sancho gets the final word. It’s exactly the same as if they bidded for him normally, and if they don’t want him then it doesn’t matter anyway.

gajender

Just the small matter of Sancho's agreeing to move back first refusal clauses are useless because player has the right to refuse anyways ,unless there is a predetermined price involved I don't see any point of it.

We need an rvn

Maybe Sane going to Bayern could open things up but they're still stocked with forward options
can't see him going for City if we're back in the CL and both clubs going for it. Might be with red tinted glasses on but convinced he would have come here if we were in CL this summer. He left and closed that chapter :wenger:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
It doesn’t really change anything though, does it? First refusal or not, Sancho gets the final word. It’s exactly the same as if they bidded for him normally, and if they don’t want him then it doesn’t matter anyway.
It changes that Dortmund are not allowed to agree with anyone else before having offered City the same terms. Unless Sancho is adamant on not going back, City have the leverage.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It changes that Dortmund are not allowed to agree with anyone else before having offered City the same terms. Unless Sancho is adamant on not going back, City have the leverage.
Which would be the same as if he was being sold normally. Either City take up that option and offer Sancho the same terms as United, or they refuse and then it doesn’t matter anyway. In both scenarios United and City have the chance to make an offer to Sancho, and he gets to decide whose offer he takes.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

I guess its a question of whether or not Pep rates him highly enough. If he does, they'll have no problem shifting Mahrez and Sane, playing Sterling through the middle to make space for Sancho.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Reckon they'd sell Sane and Mahrez to bring him in if they had to. He's seemingly good friends with Sterling. I can definitely see them being a good option for him.

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It’s meaningless. City had no clause but had the right to match our bid to Leicester for Maguire, just as much as we had the right to match their bid for Rodri.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It’s literally no advantage apart from Dortmund can’t refuse to sell to them. It’s 1 of the most pointless clauses around

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
City have no leverage.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Most useless clause, that first refusal thing.

RedDevilRoshi

Can see the British media with the boring, same old usual headlines this summer of “Pep or Money”

BlueHaze

He's pure fecking class. Had I been working for the club I would have made him number 1 priority to sign but there's no way he's coming here. There's just absolutely no way the Glazer's would ever spend the near £200m required for him on one player. I don't even think the fee we payed for Pogba will ever be exceeded. This guy on our right side with Aaron behind him would be filthy.

Kag

City seem reticent to go big on specific individual transfers. Their transfer record is still comparably small. We, on the other hand, at least show signs of being able - to or wanting to, rather - hit numbers close to the (at least) £100 million needed to take Sancho away from Dortmund.

I can’t think of a player around that would better embody United and the team Ole clearly wants us to be.

mav_9me

This assist for Dortmund's 4th goal by Paco is Sancho's biggest asset imo. His ability to spot and make a simple pass in the box.

Andersons Dietician

This assist for Dortmund's 4th goal by Paco is Sancho's biggest asset imo. His ability to spot and make a simple pass in the box.
You got a sauce for this as it’s only showing on BT at 10pm. I see Kai Havertz has scored as well I want both.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If you guys are members of any betting companies, they pretty much all show live Bundesliga every week. I watch Dortmund every week on either Skybet or 365.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's pure fecking class. Had I been working for the club I would have made him number 1 priority to sign but there's no way he's coming here. There's just absolutely no way the Glazer's would ever spend the near £200m required for him on one player. I don't even think the fee we payed for Pogba will ever be exceeded. This guy on our right side with Aaron behind him would be filthy.
Stop talking nonsense.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Someone say left wing touch map :drool:?

........................ Martial
................. Rashford
............... Sancho
.................. Pogba

................... Fred............. McTominay
................ Shaw..................................... AWB
............................... Maguire Lindelof
Would still need some quality on the left. Unbalanced.
AWB alone! :drool:

Rolaholic

Sancho + AWB combining to form a lethal all-English right flank would be a dream after the black hole that it's been for years :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.