Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Front four with Rashford, Martial, Havertz and Sancho would be mouthwatering. I wouldn't mind if we went all in for those 2 next summer.
That'd be a crazy front 4. But I don't think Sancho+Havertz would be attainable, only 1 of the 2.

Andersons Dietician

Front four with Rashford, Martial, Havertz and Sancho would be mouthwatering. I wouldn't mind if we went all in for those 2 next summer.
Neither would I. It would be too good to be true though but I would imagine they would play quite well together swapping positions and linking as both can play centrally and on the wing as well as Kai probably being able to swap with Martial quite well.

It’s just, imagine the outlay to bring in both. Each probably easily come in around 100mil. Maybe Leverkusen might deal for less than that but Kai would still cost a fortune. It’ll never happen but going to watch both this season and see how they get on.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Getting both would probably be impossible as it would cost us at least 200m but even one of them would be a massive improvement on our team.
Depends on performances this season of course but if you just extrapolate the performances of last season/the beginning of this season I am pretty sure you are looking at 300m upwards for the two of them.

the hea

Depends on performances this season of course but if you just extrapolate the performances of last season/the beginning of this season I am pretty sure you are looking at 300m upwards for the two of them.
Havertz will only have 2 years left on his contract next summer and if he would pressure Leverkusen for a move I think 100m could be enough. Doubt he would want to come here though as most big clubs will be after him if he keeps playing like this.

davidmichael

Reebok they'd sell Sane and Mahrez to bring him in if they had to. He's seemingly good friends with Sterling. I can definitely see them being a good option for him.
They’d have to get offers for those that wanted to accept and then also the players would need to agree terms which may not be easy as they’re probably on huge wages, only Bayern seemed interested in Sane and even they baulked at the fee wanted by City.

I think we had a net spend this summer of £65-£70 million and by next summer you’d imagine we’d have got Sanchez, Mata, Darmian, Young, Rojo and Bailly off the wage bill and some of those will be replaced by youngsters like Chong, Gomes, Greenwood, Tuanzebe, Garner, Laird and Williams over this season and next.

Looking at the Maguire deal as an example it’s clear that we’re currently willing to spend more money on transfer fees and wages than City are as we have a much greater need, I think we’d bid more for Sancho than City most likely would. They have Bernardo Silva and Sterling as first choice with Mahrez as back up whereas Sancho for us would be first choice and a key member of the team.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You could see Glazer's spending near £200m on one player?
Firstly, nobody knows what price Sancho would command, and secondly, Manchester United have broken a number of transfer records under the Glazers, most recently a couple of weeks ago when we broke the world record for a defender. United have made the 3 most expensive signings in PL history.

So in a word, yes - I can see them spending what it takes to get Sancho if he continues as he is. If he goes elsewhere, it’s highly unlikely to be because we ‘couldn’t afford’ him.

BlueHaze

Firstly, nobody knows what price Sancho would command, and secondly, Manchester United have broken a number of transfer records under the Glazers, most recently a couple of weeks ago when we broke the world record for a defender. United have made the 3 most expensive signings in PL history.

So in a word, yes - I can see them spending what it takes to get Sancho if he continues as he is. If he goes elsewhere, it’s highly unlikely to be because we ‘couldn’t afford’ him.
I hope you are right but I can't see it. Also if we yet again fail to qualify for the CL I can't see him wanting to come regardless.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I hope you are right but I can't see it. Also if we yet again fail to qualify for the CL I can't see him wanting to come regardless.
I’d argue that you ‘can’t see it’ because like most on here, you perhaps prefer to view anything related to United from a negative or belittling perspective. Otherwise, given the examples I’ve given, there’s no logic to not being able to picture a scenario where we would pay what it takes to get a top target. There are numerous examples, recent examples, of us paying more than rivals to secure a top target, providing they are willing to join of course. As mentioned, the most recent one was just a couple of weeks ago. We paid more than City would for Maguire, more than they would for Fred, more than Real would for Pogba, beat Chelsea to Lukaku. So ‘not being able to see’ a scenario where we will beat a rival due to money is odd to me, besides just being down on everything, which is the way at the moment.

Of course, it may be less difficult to see a scenario where Sancho himself rather go elsewhere, especially if we again fail to secure a CL place. But if he is open to come here, and he’s our main target, and Dortmund are willing to do a deal, we will get him 100% I believe. The actual evidence supports that.

RUCK4444

Only hope we have to secure him is if we have already started laying the ground work for this deal, planting the seed that he can be the star man, guaranteed starting place, part of a young attacking side etc.

However it goes without saying that we need a decent season under Ole to show we are heading in the right direction for him to commit, along with a huge transfer fee, but I don’t think that will be the issue for us.

If we have a decent season with a defined style of play and ideally keep Pogba then there would be real positives for the lad to chose us in my opinion.

My dream summer next year would be Sancho to sign, Pogba to renew his contract and for us to sign a TOP defensive midfielder to replace Matic.

BlueHaze

I’d argue that you ‘can’t see it’ because like most on here, you perhaps prefer to view anything related to United from a negative or belittling perspective. Otherwise, given the examples I’ve given, there’s no logic to not being able to picture a scenario where we would pay what it takes to get a top target. There are numerous examples, recent examples, of us paying more than rivals to secure a top target, providing they are willing to join of course. As mentioned, the most recent one was just a couple of weeks ago. We paid more than City would for Maguire, more than they would for Fred, more than Real would for Pogba, beat Chelsea to Lukaku. So ‘not being able to see’ a scenario where we will beat a rival due to money is odd to me, besides just being down on everything, which is the way at the moment.

Of course, it may be less difficult to see a scenario where Sancho himself rather go elsewhere, especially if we again fail to secure a CL place. But if he is open to come here, and he’s our main target, and Dortmund are willing to do a deal, we will get him 100% I believe. The actual evidence supports that.
Not so much negative or belittling just observant of what we have done the last two windows. This summer we needed to add to our midfield both defense and creativity. For instance it seems Ole wants McTominay to take on the more defensive oriented type of role and if he gets injured who comes in, Matic? The guy is done. And if Pogba gets injured who is going to step up? Fred, Mata? I doubt it. Also if you look at our attack with Rashford and Martial being Ole's main two guys up front what happens if either or both get injured?

We would look incredibly weak up front as I doubt Chong, Gomes or Greenwood could come in and do as good. Reality is the way we went through the window has left us with very little depth and this is the reason I heavily doubt these owners would blow their entire budget on one player. Dortmund sold Dembele for £130m so you best be assured Sancho will go for more than that, probably more near the region of £200m or we could say at least £150m+. So even if hypothetically Sancho would want to come I'm definitely not as sure as you are about us being able to get him no matter what but I sure do hope so. There's no one I want more than him tbh.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not so much negative or belittling just observant of what we have done the last two windows. This summer we needed to add to our midfield both defense and creativity. For instance it seems Ole wants McTominay to take on the more defensive oriented type of role and if he gets injured who comes in, Matic? The guy is done. And if Pogba gets injured who is going to step up? Fred, Mata? I doubt it. Also if you look at our attack with Rashford and Martial being Ole's main two guys up front what happens if either or both get injured?

We would look incredibly weak up front as I doubt Chong, Gomes or Greenwood could come in and do as good. Reality is the way we went through the window has left us with very little depth and this is the reason I heavily doubt these owners would blow their entire budget on one player. Dortmund sold Dembele for £130m so you best be assured Sancho will go for more than that, probably more near the region of £200m or we could say at least £150m+. So even if hypothetically Sancho would want to come I'm definitely not as sure as you are about us being able to get him no matter what but I sure do hope so. There's no one I want more than him tbh.
Your expectation of this summer was misplaced, and your manager said as much at the beginning but nobody believed him. We needed half a first XI. He said there was no way we would do it in one window. Obviously fans don’t think like this. They want a CB, RB, 2xCMs and a RW all at once. Very unlikely we could do that and get the players we want in one window. We have done some, and will do more.

If Sancho does go for £200m, which team can you ‘see’ paying it then, if not Manchester United? That would indicate that he goes to PSG and nowhere else. Are there other PL teams who you see as more likely to pay £200m to get him? Or perhaps Real Madrid, who can’t pay £160m to get Pogba?

Sancho won’t go for £200m. Dortmund putting such a price on him will be equivalent to them saying ‘we refuse to sell him’. A team who is willing to do business doesn’t set a £200m price tag and expect bidders. Only one player ever has gone for that amount, and that was an extremely hostile purchase.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Your expectation of this summer was misplaced, and your manager said as much at the beginning but nobody believed him. We needed half a first XI. He said there was no way we would do it in one window. Obviously fans don’t think like this. They want a CB, RB, 2xCMs and a RW all at once. Very unlikely we could do that and get the players we want in one window. We have done some, and will do more.

If Sancho does go for £200m, which team can you ‘see’ paying it then, if not Manchester United? That would indicate that he goes to PSG and nowhere else. Are there other PL teams who you see as more likely to pay £200m to get him? Or perhaps Real Madrid, who can’t pay £160m to get Pogba?

Sancho won’t go for £200m. Dortmund putting such a price on him will be equivalent to them saying ‘we refuse to sell him’. A team who is willing to do business doesn’t set a £200m price tag and expect bidders. Only one player ever has gone for that amount, and that was an extremely hostile purchase.
£200m
That would have been €280m a few summers ago
Might be €180m next summer

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I remember reading that Pogba coming back was a transfer a couple of years in the making so I have hope

Like I've said before this lad is made for United and the marketing potential would be Ed's wet dream

Ciro

Supports
Liverpool
Sancho is quality but am I the only one who thinks he isn't that quick? He doesn't seem to get away from players with this pace

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sancho is quality but am I the only one who thinks he isn't that quick? He doesn't seem to get away from players with this pace
He’s not rapid, he’s no Mané/Sané. He’s very similar to Eden Hazard in every way.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Don't city have a buyback clause?
Sane goes and Sancho comes back? Seems to make a lot of sense
Does it? Would Pep want him back or would he take it as a slight on him that Sancho left in the first place? Would Sancho want to go back to City? Would City pay the money it would cost? Given they've said no to a lot of transfers in recent years because of the cost I'd suggest they wouldn't.

Other than the fact that Sane and Sancho are similar players a return to City for Sancho actually doesn't add up at all

Affirmation

According to Stephen Howson (make of it what you will) he claimed on the "Full Time Devils" Podcast that Jadon Sancho actually wanted the Transfer here to happen but the club were unwilling to pay Borussia Dortmund's asking price and deemed it "too high". That is utter impedance from us if that claim is indeed correct, for what it's worth Howson does seem to have some contacts at the club but whether this claim is legit or not is another matter considering the contrasting reports from the press.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
According to Stephen Howson (make of it what you will) he claimed on the "Full Time Devils" Podcast that Jadon Sancho actually wanted the Transfer here to happen but the club were unwilling to pay Borussia Dortmund's asking price and deemed it "too high". That is utter impedance from us if that claim is indeed correct, for what it's worth Howson does seem to have some contacts at the club but whether this claim is legit or not is another matter considering the contrasting reports from the press.
Even if it is true, club has every right to say his price is too high. Anyway, Dortmund say they told the interested club he wasn't for sale.

Affirmation

Even if it is true, club has every right to say his price is too high. Anyway, Dortmund say they told the interested club he wasn't for sale.
I'm pretty sure he mentioned that the price we were quoted was around £90-100 million if I'm remembering his claim correctly. If so I really do not think that it's that excessive of a price, considering his talent and the value that top players are typically priced at in the transfer market.

Jacob

Except that it really isn't.
It's pretty close. One is fixed price whereas the other is variable. Buyback clauses are often on the steep end anyway, maybe not for Sancho since he broke the scene after the transfer to BVB.

Vissy

If the club did decide to turn down getting Sancho in purely because of the ~£100m price tag and he ends up leaving for about that money next window, that is just peak Woodward transfer business.

Cliche Guevara

It's pretty close. One is fixed price whereas the other is variable. Buyback clauses are often on the steep end anyway, maybe not for Sancho since he broke the scene after the transfer to BVB.
It’s nothing like it. A buy-back clause contains a figure that can be triggered by the relevant club.

First option is simply that, the right to match any bid received by any other club at any possible figure offered.

Jacob

It’s nothing like it. A buy-back clause contains a figure that can be triggered by the relevant club.

First option is simply that, the right to match any bid received by any other club at any possible figure offered.
I know the difference. For a rich club who wants the player, it's potato potato.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I find it hard to believe we were willing to drop £85m on Maguire but weren’t willing to do so on Sancho. Howson has his sources but he’s usually awful with transfer related news, he’s better with internal news.

ValenciaRocks

I have a gut feeling that we have a deal in place with Dortmund... I believe we will get rid of Sanchez and obtain Sancho next summer.

Like I say, just a gut feeling

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I have a gut feeling that we have a deal in place with Dortmund... I believe we will get rid of Sanchez and obtain Sancho next summer.

Like I say, just a gut feeling
Hot source?

DiceRoller

Aside from money, what’s our biggest offering ahead of Barca,Real,City?

People talk on here like if we want him we’ll go out and get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.