Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

Bringing through the cream of our academy first and foremost, we can't afford to let these players slip through the net.

I really hope you're right because he would be a perfect signing for us and probably the best attacking player we could realistically attract.
Lampard is bringing the academy because he has no choice. Alot of United fans seemed happy about that, but once we sold Lukaku and sent Sanchez on loan alot of fans have decided to use phrases pressure on 17 year old, not proven,, no experience.

Tbh he is probably one of the hottest RW in world football come next summer so I could see a bidding war.

Ole90+3

I think Madrid are set on signing Mbappe with Bayern set on signing Sane, and unfortunately don't think either Mane or Salah will be leaving Liverpool, so I'd remove Madrid, Bayern and Liverpool and add Chelsea.

City easily have the funds but they've been crowing about how they won't pay over x amount for a single player, instead paying £50M for multiple players. Would they smash that on Sancho? Can't see him wanting to play in Ligue 1 so would rule out PSG.

Most important thing is qualifying for the Champions League. If we don't and Chelsea do, I can see him going there.
Chelsea have just signed Pulisic who plays the same position. So it would essentially be giving up on his development if they signed Sancho.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Lampard is bringing the academy because he has no choice. Alot of United fans seemed happy about that, but once we sold Lukaku and sent Sanchez on loan alot of fans have decided to use phrases pressure on 17 year old, not proven,, no experience.
Ofcourse he had a choice. He didn't have to play Mount over Barkley, Tammy over Giroud, get rid of Luiz to make space for Tomori likewise Zappacosta for James and he certainly didn't have to bring on Billy Gilmour for his senior debut while defending a slender 1 goal lead.

Tbh he is probably one of the hottest RW in world football come next summer so I could see a bidding war.
Agreed, i also think Mbappe may be on the market as-well which will aid both our chances (for Sancho) as Barca and Madrid will be firmly pre occupied fighting over the Frenchman.

romufc

Ofcourse he had a choice. He didn't have to play Mount over Barkley, Tammy over Giroud, get rid of Luiz to make space for Tomori likewise Zappacosta for James and he certainly didn't have to bring on Billy Gilmour for his senior debut while defending a slender 1 goal lead.

Are you trying to say Barkley will play less than Mount?
Tammy over Giroud because of the football they play - Giroud is no Higuain or something special
He didn't get along with Tomori
How many games with Zappacosta actually start last season?

He had Mount, and Tomori at Derby, he knows how they play an

Agreed, i also think Mbappe may be on the market as-well which will aid both our chances (for Sancho) as Barca and Madrid will be firmly pre occupied fighting over the Frenchman.
I don't think any Prem team can afford Mbappe nor will he want to play in the prem, Madrid or Barca will be his destination IMO.

In respects to Sancho, champions league qualification is important, and I think Liverpool will be after him too.

romufc

Clubs in Europe don't have the funds in the way that Premier League teams do
Yes, but still look how much money Real, Barca, Athletico spent.

The Prem does not have the same attraction as Barca or Real either.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
Which team can afford to spend the majority of their budget on one player? We need another 5 or 6 players and i can't see us spending so big on one player with that in mind. Maybe if we sell Pogba and sign a cheaper midfielder.
1). Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus

2). Manchester United, Bayern Munich

3). City, PSG, Liverpool, Chelsea have the money but for some reasons I rule them out.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Chelsea have just signed Pulisic who plays the same position. So it would essentially be giving up on his development if they signed Sancho.
Forgot about Pulisic but still think they'll go for him. Pulisic transfer was partly done as they knew a transfer ban was coming and Pulisic was on the bench for Dortmund so a decent signing to make before the ban would be enforced.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I don't think any Prem team can afford Mbappe nor will he want to play in the prem, Madrid or Barca will be his destination IMO.

In respects to Sancho, champions league qualification is important, and I think Liverpool will be after him too.
Yes absolutely Barkley will less than Mount, it was clear in his selection patterns in pre season Mason was ahead in the pecking order (Mount played with the first team boys while Ross played with the scratch side).

Giroud has actually played well when called upon this season and a Jose/Conte type manager wouldn't have in a million years dropped him for Tammy.

Zappacosta didn't play much but the point is Lampard had the option to play safe for a second RB and chose not to.

Regarding Sancho I actually think we will both have the upper hand on Liverpool despite them being miles superior to both of us right now. They have such an immovable front three that any attacker with quality will think twice before going there.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Still yet to see Sancho in a full game. His highlights reel on youtube looks impressive though.

romufc

Yes absolutely Barkley will less than Mount, it was clear in his selection patterns in pre season Mason was ahead in the pecking order (Mount played with the first team boys while Ross played with the scratch side).

Giroud has actually played well when called upon this season and a Jose/Conte type manager wouldn't have in a million years dropped him for Tammy.

Zappacosta didn't play much but the point is Lampard had the option to play safe for a second RB and chose not to.

Regarding Sancho I actually think we will both have the upper hand on Liverpool despite them being miles superior to both of us right now. They have such an immovable front three that any attacker with quality will think twice before going there.

We will see how Chelsea develop over the season.

Liverpool will look to freshen up next season, but not sure they will pay the wages.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sancho will be perfect to break down the deep lying defences we often struggle with.

His quick turning circle and acceleration are very similar to Eden Hazard, so marking him tight is extremely difficult. He loves the ball to his feet and stops the defender before leaving them for dead.

I like that he can go either inside or outside which keeps the defender guessing also. He's also not greedy and will pass when it's better to cross, or if the shots on he's not hesitant to score.

We really should do EVERYTHING we can to get him.

Red00012

My biggest fear this season is that Liverpool win the league, Salah decides to feck off and they replace him with Sancho.

FujiVice

Mate, we've never been able to attract top tier talent from abroad, they want to play for Madrid and Barcelona. Under Fergie, Veron was as exotic as it got and he wasn't a mitigated success. Our foundations have always been in buying the best of British and augmenting that with talent from the lesser leagues in Europe. Bayern do the exact same but with German players, Juventus used to do this with Italian players. It's a tried and tested method that's worked for us, this signing big European names is new for us in the last couple of years.
We certainly could have had it not been for Edwards wage structure. Missing out on Zidane, Batistuta, Ronaldo etc certainly had nothing to do with appeal.

cyberman

Can the we can't attract his ilk crowd please do one? According to close sources to the player he would already be ours if we had Cl.
Don't project your feelings on to Sancho.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
1). Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus

2). Manchester United, Bayern Munich

3). City, PSG, Liverpool, Chelsea have the money but for some reasons I rule them out.
I disagree completely. Real Madrid and Barca can often find the money to purchase these super expensive players, but they do need serious investment in their squads at this moment to be able to compete in the CL.

Bayern won't spend what is required, I just can't see them getting involved.

City have the strongest squad in Europe right now and are the one team that could, in theory, spend all next summers budget on one player. Why you have them in the lowest bracket is beyond me. PSG are always willing to push financial boundaries and could be in for him.

I'd say

1) City, PSG (will probably sell Neymar)

2) Real Madrid, Barcelona (if they sell Dembele),

3) Juventus (don't think he'll be interested), Manchester United (need serious investment throughout and financial results are getting worse), Liverpool (have good options in his position already)

4) Chelsea (also need serious investment throughout and spend less these days), Bayern Munich

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
I disagree completely. Real Madrid and Barca can often find the money to purchase these super expensive players, but they do need serious investment in their squads at this moment to be able to compete in the CL.

City have the strongest squad in Europe right now and are the one team that could, in theory, spend all next summers budget on one player. Why you have them in the lowest bracket is beyond me. PSG are always willing to push financial boundaries and could be in for him.

I'd say

3) Juventus (don't think he'll be interested), Manchester United (need serious investment throughout and financial results are getting worse), Liverpool (have good options in his position already)

4) Chelsea (also need serious investment throughout and spend less these days), Bayern Munich
PSG: unlimited money, willing to spend big on a single player (Neymar, Mbappe),.just don't think Sancho want to play there (maybe in 2030).

City: unlimited money, but rarely or never spend massive money for one player. Their records Robinho (£32m, '08), then Aguero (£38m, 2011), Mangala (£40m, 2014), KDB (£55m, 2015), Laporte (£57m, 2017), Mahrez (£60m, 2018) Rodri (£68m?, 2019).

Dante

Average bang

I'd say

1) When Sane can't get a guaranteed starting spot, Sancho won't get one either. That's the reason he left in the first place.

He's not the type of player to chase only money. His priority appears to be playing time and self-development. PSG can't offer the latter.

2) Real are a graveyard for young players' aspirations. Barca have also fecked up with Coutinho and Dembele in recent seasons too. Sancho's style is similar enough to Dembele's for him to worry about fitting in at the Camp Nou.

3) No chance will Juve be on the radar. Liverpool don't need him. Their balance requires a false 9 and two wing-forwards. Sancho is neither and could upset the way they work together.

4) Abramovic doesn't care anymore. Bayern won't pay 9 figures.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
If United qualifies for CL and is willing to spend huge money, they have a good chance to sign him if Barca, Real or City don't go serious after him.

Bayern probably won't go for him because too expensive and he is not german (they want Sane and Havertz, this would cost them more than 200), also Dortmund would surely prefer to sell to someone else.

Right now i think he is "United-bound", but as i said, i think he would choose Real, Barca or City if they really want him.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Why do people keep predicting he’ll go back to City? They’ll never pay the fee Dortmund will want.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I can't see him wanting to go back to City, nor can I see City spending the money on him (I know they're the big spenders of the league but they tend to buy 3 players at 50m rather than 1 at 150m)

He's a Chelsea fan... but I can't see them qualifying for next season's UCL, so don't think they'll be in the running.

Liverpool won't enter the race unless they sell Salah or Mane for huge money - and even then, can you see them doubling their transfer record?

Basically we have to hope that we qualify for the UCL.

...Oh, and hope that Real Madrid and Barca aren't interested.

Mickson

We must do everything in our power to get him. He should be our number one focus, with of course, our midfield too. But this is an opportunity we can not ignore. We could be in pole position to actually get him.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Real will replace Bale with this guy. They wouldn't spend 150 on both Pogba and Sancho. So Pogba might stay and go to Real in a cut price deal in 2021.

PSG might be interested to replace Neymar but he wouldn't want to go there. If Real doesn't spend and we get CL this year, there is a very good chance we might get him. Bit unrealistic at this point of time though.

NJM78

So much confidence from a lot United fans that he will come to us. I just do not get it. Unless we storm into top 4 and play some great football along the way I just can't see why he would move to us unless we look like we are heading back to the top.

Is he a United fan, has he dreamed of joining us since watching us win the CL at the age of 8!?

I honestly cannot see us finishing higher than 6th and winning sweet fa before Ed and co prepare to take 4 weeks too long and then overpay on every potential transfer.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
1) When Sane can't get a guaranteed starting spot, Sancho won't get one either. That's the reason he left in the first place.

He's not the type of player to chase only money. His priority appears to be playing time and self-development. PSG can't offer the latter.

2) Real are a graveyard for young players' aspirations. Barca have also fecked up with Coutinho and Dembele in recent seasons too. Sancho's style is similar enough to Dembele's for him to worry about fitting in at the Camp Nou.

3) No chance will Juve be on the radar. Liverpool don't need him. Their balance requires a false 9 and two wing-forwards. Sancho is neither and could upset the way they work together.

4) Abramovic doesn't care anymore. Bayern won't pay 9 figures.
We have Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and James. There's no 'guarantees' here either, as daft as it sounds because he would be our best attacker. But not as guaranteed as he enjoys at Dortmund. City will sell players, I think they'd flog Mahrez and Sancho & Sterling will start. Sane will keep sitting on the bench if he's happy doing so. PSG will have a spot if they sell Neymar, as they most likely will.

Real are a graveyard yes, but these young players keep going there and they are always very attractive to the best players. You basically think Sancho will just rule out all the elite clubs like that? No way. Barca will/have got fed up of Dembele, if they decide to try for Sancho then he will 100% consider it. The fortunes of Dembele and Coutinho won't put Sancho off going to Barcelona. Like I said, it's pure fantasy to think he'll just rule out all the best clubs and land in our laps.

Agreed on 3, providing Liverpool don't sell Salah. Rumors have been around saying they are already talking to Dortmund about Sancho and Klopp likes him.

Agreed on 4.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Many United fans obviously don’t like what’s in the mirror at the moment, but this fear of Real Madrid makes little sense to me. All of this ‘if we start playing good football’ stuff, has anyone watched them lately? They are only ‘guaranteed CL football’ due to the league the play in, they aren’t much better than us at the moment, and Sancho isn’t fecking Mexican.

Again seems like people projecting names to protect their feelings. There has been no Real/Sancho report, they aren’t that good a side, and no real reason to think he’d prefer to play in Spain than England.

United would have no issues with CL football if we were in La Liga, don’t be fooled, Real aren’t all that, and I’d back City, Liverpool or Spurs to bear them if they meet in Europe this year.

lsd

The Oracle
Many United fans obviously don’t like what’s in the mirror at the moment, but this fear of Real Madrid makes little sense to me. All of this ‘if we start playing good football’ stuff, has anyone watched them lately? They are only ‘guaranteed CL football’ due to the league the play in, they aren’t much better than us at the moment, and Sancho isn’t fecking Mexican.

Again seems like people projecting names to protect their feelings. There has been no Real/Sancho report, they aren’t that good a side, and no real reason to think he’d prefer to play in Spain than England.

United would have no issues with CL football if we were in La Liga, don’t be fooled, Real aren’t all that, and I’d back City, Liverpool or Spurs to bear them if they meet in Europe this year.

That said you would need to be mental to turn down playing for Real Madrid for United and living in Madrid as opposed to Manchester

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That said you would need to be mental to turn down playing for Real Madrid for United and living in Madrid as opposed to Manchester
Well Britain are still in the EU. Why are all the people in Manchester not moving to Madrid? Why would a Brit be mental to live in Manchester over Madrid? And are all the great British players over the years been mental too?

As for the clubs, both are huge clubs. You would not be ‘mental’ to play for United ahead of Real. As for the actual football teams, both are average. Only advantage is that Real ‘guarantee’ you a CL place because they play in a team with 3 good teams (of which they are currently easily the third best) and we play in a league with 6.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I don't know or even care at this point whether we sign him or not, but it's hilarious watching few (at least one) posters repeating the same thing everyday, that Sancho won't sign for us. It looks like they are more desperate than the people who believe we have chance but the fear of failure to land him is so strong that they have started the coping mechanism year early.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Why do people keep predicting he’ll go back to City? They’ll never pay the fee Dortmund will want.
I dont know why 90% of the people in this thread are saying what they are. It's blatantly obvious 70% of the sides people keep saying will be in for Sancho wont be

They'll only be 3 clubs that would prioritise Sancho next summer - us, Chelsea and Bayern (though they'd realistically rather sign Sane and I only even include them due to their history of signing Dortmund's best players. I actually dont think they'll be in for him)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I dont know why 90% of the people in this thread are saying what they are. It's blatantly obvious 70% of the sides people keep saying will be in for Sancho wont be

They'll only be 3 clubs that would prioritise Sancho next summer - us, Chelsea and Bayern (though they'd realistically rather sign Sane and I only even include them due to their history of signing Dortmund's best players. I actually dont think they'll be in for him)
It's too early to make any predictions. It's still September, we have 8 months before the season is over, lot of things can change in that time. You never know when the next superstar will break through, who might be available for cheaper price or easy to sign.

Greck

Can the we can't attract his ilk crowd please do one? According to close sources to the player he would already be ours if we had Cl.
Don't project your feelings on to Sancho.
That's kinda where they're coming from.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
can't see why he'd come to us if we aren't in CL... and we won't be unless we win Europa. And given that Ole was - reportedly - going to play Sanchez in Europe, he doesn't seem intent on taking it seriously

Roboc7

It’s extremely unlikely he comes here, we might not even qualify for Europa let alone Champions League. Pogba will go in the summer, maybe DDG as well, we simply won’t be a realistic destination for him.

I doubt we’ll even be in the equation if he does decide to move and if we’re his best option he’ll probably stay at Dortmund another season. Only chance we would have would be if there was a huge spending spree to bring in some top quality players (unlikely) and a top manager who could convince him to join (again unlikely). Sancho to Utd is a pipe dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.