Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee565

Surely there is no united fan out there that rationally thinks sancho will join us in the summer, why the hell would he hurt his development to come to United where players are showing no signs of improvement under Solskjear and to top it off there will be no champions league football next season and a real lack of ambition with no title challenge for the next 2 or 3 seasons, the guy would walk into any side in the world come next summer.

passing-wind

Solskjaer offers the players currently at the club nothing. Sancho would merely have to look at the likes of Rashford to determine how he would be coached in this team and how the system would define his movement. Our wingers lack the information to penetrate the final third, fullbacks have no impetus to overlap which again stems from the manager. So what use is Sancho's development under Ole ? If we had someone like a Poch or even an Allegri then I could understand a player coming here with us struggling.

cyberman

The same could be said for those who think we can sign him
Nope. The accepted close sources that. Said he was willing to join this mess, under ole, if we scraped CL football last year is what that's based off of.
Even Dortmund themselves we were in contact but all that's thrown out the window because, deep down, SirAlex_99 hates where we are right now and we are filmed to fail.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Surely there is no united fan out there that rationally thinks sancho will join us in the summer, why the hell would he hurt his development to come to United where players are showing no signs of improvement under Solskjear and to top it off there will be no champions league football next season and a real lack of ambition with no title challenge for the next 2 or 3 seasons, the guy would walk into any side in the world come next summer.
Depends on the rest of this season. If we kick on, play well and look like we're starting to build towards something good, there is a definite chance. If however our current form continues on throughout the season then there is no chance in hell.

CM10

Nope. The accepted close sources that. Said he was willing to join this mess, under ole, if we scraped CL football last year is what that's based off of.
Even Dortmund themselves we were in contact but all that's thrown out the window because, deep down, SirAlex_99 hates where we are right now and we are filmed to fail.
Yeah but we didn't get Champions League football last season, and don't look any closer to doing it this season. Our attack looks pretty impotent too, so the evidence isn't even there to suggest a big player would want to come at the moment.

Sir Scott McToMinay

It would be a total waste of resources and a player’s career to buy him when we need about 6-7 new first teamers to compete properly.
He would be another Pogba, you don’t buy players like that when your team is completely dysfunctional.
We need to find bargains who will be here for the long run.
And after that we can add a couple of big names.

It’s like hypothetically we spend 150m on sancho and there goes our entire summer budget.

Last edited:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
It would be a total waste of resources and a player’s career to buy him when we need about 6-7 new first teamers to compete properly.
He would be another Pogba, you don’t buy players like that when your team is completely dysfunctional.
So us signing the best possible player for the position we've neglected for years, totally blunting our attack in the process, would be a waste of funds? Do you always make this little sense?

In Rainbows

And after that we can add a couple of big names.

It’s like hypothetically we spend 150m on sancho and there goes our entire summer budget.
We don't need 6-7 first teamers. We need 2 CMs, and a RW. Those 3 should be the priority.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
You’re absolutely right, lets spend our entire summer budget on one player.
Great idea.
Not that it would necessarily be the whole budget but we haven't signed 5, 6 or 7 players in a summer since the likes of Darmian, Blind, Schweini, Schneiderlin, Blind and Rojo - who all turned out to be utterly mediocre. You really want more of that rather than, say, 2 top players to genuinely improve us? Or 1 and an educated punt, a la James?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I see a lot of fans are still imposing their feelings onto Sancho.
I really don't know why this thread keeps getting bumped, or why I've stumbled in here.

It's a totally unlikely scenario, 10months minimum away!

However, going silly for a single player would be our style, we all know it!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Because we never ever ever spend more in a summer? Irrespective of how desperate for players we are?
We had never spent £70m+ on a CB either, or sighed a player in £350k a week.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Because we never ever ever spend more in a summer? Irrespective of how desperate for players we are?
It is an assumption though. We also usually sign other players when we make a record signing.

We also may sell Pogba...

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
There is still no reason that this thread is in the transfer-forum, but i guess the motto in here is "hope dies at last".
Anyway i would prefere to use this thread to talk about his football, development and so on, instead of senseless johnny o fantasy girl talks á la "i think he likes the insta-account of Lingard thatswhy there is a chance he will come to United".

I fear that now is the moment where his development stops a little bit. The last weeks his decision-making is poor, he often wants to go alone, while great passing options are open for seconds. His workrate is poor, his defensive ambitions in winning the ball back and gegenpress (even in situations where he lost the ball) are low and are done amatuerish.

A lot of fans thinks that he need a break on the bench (the same opinion goes for Reus), which is no problem cause we got a lot of great offensive players and varibalitity there. But Favre just dont do it, which ganis slowly but serious criticism.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
There is still no reason that this thread is in the transfer-forum, but i guess the motto in here is "hope dies at last".
What the feck is wrong with you? You are like a broken record repeating the same things over and over again. What is even your reasoning writing the same shit over and over again on a Manchester United forum? Surely there must be some kind of forum for Dortmund fans where they can discuss about football and sauerkraut sallads.

Never came across a writer as arrogant as you and you support a team who finishes second in a two team league every single year. Dortmund is not even playing that great at the moment and will most likely not qualify for elimination rounds of the champions league.

Have some humble pie and we’ll see you in the Europa League later on.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Anyway i would prefere to use this thread to talk about his football, development and so on, instead of senseless johnny o fantasy girl talks á la "i think he likes the insta-account of Lingard thatswhy there is a chance he will come to United".

I fear that now is the moment where his development stops a little bit. The last weeks his decision-making is poor, he often wants to go alone, while great passing options are open for seconds. His workrate is poor, his defensive ambitions in winning the ball back and gegenpress (even in situations where he lost the ball) are low and are done amatuerish.

A lot of fans thinks that he need a break on the bench (the same opinion goes for Reus), which is no problem cause we got a lot of great offensive players and varibalitity there. But Favre just dont do it, which ganis slowly but serious criticism.
It’s in the transfer forum because we made an approach for him . That isn’t a secret. Whether you think it’s likely or not is besides the point. There is genuine interest from the club and that interest isn’t going to go away, therefore posters will continue to speculate.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
What the feck is wrong with you? You are like a broken record repeating the same things over and over again. What is even your reasoning writing the same shit over and over again on a Manchester United forum? Surely there must be some kind of forum for Dortmund fans where they can discuss about football and sauerkraut sallads.

Never came across a writer as arrogant as you and you support a team who finishes second in a two team league every single year. Dortmund is not even playing that great at the moment and will most likely not qualify for elimination rounds of the champions league.

Have some humble pie and we’ll see you in the Europa League later on.
I get your point, you can still discuss "transfer" things about Sancho in here, i just want to give my opinion on which subforum where this thread is. But please stop using xenophobic things like "sauerkraut sallads", i dont know whats the point about.

Any guesses on the current performance level of Sancho? Iam the only one who noticed his new flaws?

jackal&hyde

Fairly certain this is on the cards for next summer and it's the reason we did not buy a lesser rw this last transfer window.

jackal&hyde

TBF, for such a young player to play week in week out for a top club in Germany and while being in the spotlight for the international press, he has to be a bit protected. The pressure on him is a bit unfair right now.

Roberto420

Fairly certain this is on the cards for next summer and it's the reason we did not buy a lesser rw this last transfer window.
Yeah I'd say he's eager to join a team looking less and less likely to even make top 6 let alone top 4 wishful thinking imo

DoomSlayer

I'd love to see Sancho in a United shirt, but the fact is he won't be coming here if we don't finish in the top 4 and even then it's not a guarantee. I hope the club has a realistic back-up plan, but knowing how the likes of Woodward and his cronies operate, I probably should know better than trusting their judgement.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
It's cute that any of you think he'd come near United at the moment.

Infra-red

I'd love to see Sancho in a United shirt, but the fact is he won't be coming here if we don't finish in the top 4 and even then it's not a guarantee. I hope the club has a realistic back-up plan, but knowing how the likes of Woodward and his cronies operate, I probably should know better than trusting their judgement.
Indeed. Although we are desperately short in attack, the chances of Sancho ever being a United player have to be absolutely miniscule at the point. The club should focus their attention elsewhere.

Dve

It's cute that any of you think he'd come near United at the moment.
I´d like to bet on that. My intuition is he´ll sign. United is perfect for him, and he will be a clear first choice on right wing. And I think people are exaggerating the importance for immediate CL football for a young player planning his future.

Eric's Seagull

I´d like to bet on that. My intuition is he´ll sign. United is perfect for him, and he will be a clear first choice on right wing. And I think people are exaggerating the importance for immediate CL football for a young player planning his future.
I hope you are right but I can't see it happening.

I think the only way we can sign his is to convince him that if he he comes here he will have the chance of playing a significant part in making us great again and having the chance of becoming a legend here.

But for him to succeed in this if we do indeed sign him, we heed to make significant shrewd investment in other areas of the team also, so there isn't so much pressure on him.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
He's a star in one of Germany's best teams who regularly make it into the latter stages of the Champions League. It's not just the lack of Champions League football at United, it's the structural mess at club that comes along with it that will put him off. The only thing that might work in your favour is that he's English because United are still a big name with British clubs and players. Your days of signing foreign stars are over until you start to look like an even remotely appealing option again in the future.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

How is United perfect for him?

Dortmund is far more so. Great system which brings out the best in attacking players so he can develop and thrive, and experience of top level European foot ball. He’s more likely to see a title challenge in the near future with Dortmund than with United, too.

United currently have a manager whose future is up in the air, you don’t seem to be getting the best out of attaching players, and are in general are a club in flux. In what way are these conditions ‘perfect’ for a thriving young player?

Stacks

There is a lot of wishful thinking in this thread. It is rather cute. The cycle of players who are "perfect for us" who inevitably stay at their current clubs or go to a better team.

Noc-Z

ffs
Lets not get carried away, he was one of the biggest talents in Europe but certainly not one of the best players in the world back then.
If you're one of the biggest talents in Europe aren't you also one of the best players in the world? Given that most of the best players in the world are playing in Europe?

Roboc7

Even the clickbait media will have to give up on this link soon now, it’s hysterical to even think he will be playing for us next season.

Sir Scott McToMinay

In what way exactly?
How could United be considered as a “perfect” environment for hungry players with ambition?
Money and history are great and all, but there are clubs who could offer that and success as well, United simply cannot offer that at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.