Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

I think it is fair to say we should forget about signing him.

TheReligion

Abusive
It's cute that any of you think he'd come near United at the moment.
I think it's unlikely but I don't think impossible. Here's why;

1) Money - United are one of the few English clubs that can both afford his transfer fee and financial package. The other two being City and Chelsea.

2) Need - City don't have space for him and Chelsea have CHO and Pulisic. United have a vacant position and number 7 shirt waiting.

3) Culture - Results aside United are building a core young British team. Rashford, Lingard, James, Mctominay, Maguire, Shaw, Wan Bissaka. It could easily appeal to Sancho as a project he's interested in.

4) Bad Blood - Why go back to City where he was unhappy and didn't get an opportunity? He'll also see Foden stumbling along in the background with limited game time.

Essentially I think he'll stay overseas and perhaps move to La Liga. If he's set on England though United will be in the conversation whatever way you look at it.

filibuster

Supports
Chelsea FC
If Sancho had to choose where to go in PL, then there is a clear favourite:
I think it's unlikely but I don't think impossible. Here's why;

1) Money - United are one of the few English clubs that can both afford his transfer fee and financial package. The other two being City and Chelsea.

2) Need - City don't have space for him and Chelsea have CHO and Pulisic. United have a vacant position and number 7 shirt waiting.

3) Culture - Results aside United are building a core young British team. Rashford, Lingard, James, Mctominay, Maguire, Shaw, Wan Bissaka. It could easily appeal to Sancho as a project he's interested in.

4) Bad Blood - Why go back to City where he was unhappy and didn't get an opportunity? He'll also see Foden stumbling along in the background with limited game time.

Essentially I think he'll stay overseas and perhaps move to La Liga. If he's set on England though United will be in the conversation whatever way you look at it.
Based on those 4 mentioned points, Chelsea would be his obvious choice.

1) We can pay good money, but we might be warry to overpay him compared to his mate CHO, so here lays your opportunity to overpay him, so our hand is forced not to stir trouble in our young side.

2) We do have space, Pulisic and CHO are not enough for a season. Space is not a problem.

3) Culture - we also build a young British team with some of his mates in the squad. Plus add the fact he is a Chelsea fan and might be looking forward to work under a club legend like Lampard.

4) Bad blood - this is tricky, yes it is a bit weird to go back to City, but also to go to their city rivals United. You avoid all that trouble by going to London.

I think Sancho to Chelsea is a no brainer, the only problem being the potential wages and not the transfer fee.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think it is fair to say we should forget about signing him.
Yeah agree. The lure of United is great and all that, but if I was a top talent, even if I'm willing to go a club that's not among the top performers, I'd at least make sure into to one with isnt dysfunctional. Pogba, for example, all said and done, made a pretty rubbish decision to come to United. Whether he was genuinely fond of us or not, he's spent his peak years as a football at a club fighting for 4th place, and seemingly against the possibility of playing decent football.

amolbhatia50k

Yeah he won't. My hope is that we get a new manager and that makes us an attractive proposition again. But that's asking for a lot given our current situation.

No worries. We'll make a statement by signing Shaun Longstaff next summer. Just wait and see.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I keep thinking, why would Sancho want to come to Man Utd next summer?

The club is in mess, and not likely to win any major trophy within next few years. If he wants to develop his game more, staying at Dortmund would be better choice, and with guarantee CL football too. If he wants money and trophy, moving back to Man City or joining other big European clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona or Juventus would be much more attractive.

Why would he wants to join Man Utd?

Sp00ks11

I keep thinking, why would Sancho want to come to Man Utd next summer?

The club is in mess, and not likely to win any major trophy within next few years. If he wants to develop his game more, staying at Dortmund would be better choice, and with guarantee CL football too. If he wants money and trophy, moving back to Man City or joining other big European clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona or Juventus would be much more attractive.

Why would he wants to join Man Utd?
He won't be joining us, it's just the cute little fans on the forum who think we can get him. Just like Dybala and De Ligt just this summer. Dreamers.

In Rainbows

The one player who is perfect for our right side, but with a crap manager, crap ceo, crap club situation all telling him to stay away. Awful stuff.

amolbhatia50k

The one player who is perfect for our right side, but with a crap manager, crap ceo, crap club situation all telling him to stay away. Awful stuff.
Really. Had we build something substantial this season we would have had a great shot given the playing time he'd get here and the statute of the club. But as usual, well miss the boat becuase we aren't even in the shape to attract a 19 year old. FFS. And we had a poster claim Ole was ''taking one for the team this season', whereas this season may cost us multiple targets.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
We are the only club stupid enough to pay him 250k a week.

He will be here next season if he doesn't stay at Dortmund.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The only way Sancho would consider us is if we boot out Ole and the coaching staff,bring in a new manager (and staff) and play some really encouraging,offensive football that also carries us into the top 4.
That's not going to happen.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I doubt he will, but money talks, and that's the clubs strategy, it seems.

Very few thought Pogba would come back as we'd just had a poor season. And United definitely had no chance of signing Di Maria after just finishing 7th.

If the club is offering the biggest salary, and they usually are, then it's not impossible. It'd be a terrible career move for him though.

AP88

Supports
Man City
If Sancho had to choose where to go in PL, then there is a clear favourite:

Based on those 4 mentioned points, Chelsea would be his obvious choice.

1) We can pay good money, but we might be warry to overpay him compared to his mate CHO, so here lays your opportunity to overpay him, so our hand is forced not to stir trouble in our young side.

2) We do have space, Pulisic and CHO are not enough for a season. Space is not a problem.

3) Culture - we also build a young British team with some of his mates in the squad. Plus add the fact he is a Chelsea fan and might be looking forward to work under a club legend like Lampard.

4) Bad blood - this is tricky, yes it is a bit weird to go back to City, but also to go to their city rivals United. You avoid all that trouble by going to London.

I think Sancho to Chelsea is a no brainer, the only problem being the potential wages and not the transfer fee.

Agree - he would prefer to go back to London too; he initially wanted to join Tottenham but City wouldn’t sanction it, so I think the most likely scenario is Pulisic to United, Sancho to Chelsea.

United could probably get Brooks and Pulisic for the price of Sancho too.

Le Red

I'm watching the Dortmund game. He came in and made an instant impact. The lad is the real deal, oozes class.

LInkash

He has been dropped from the Dortmund squad for coming back late from England duty. Time to snap up an unsettled Sancho in Jan? :wenger:

pascell

He has been dropped from the Dortmund squad for coming back late from England duty. Time to snap up an unsettled Sancho in Jan? :wenger:
My dream signing for United but unfortunately, I think he'll end up at City, Liverpool or Chelsea.

Apparently he was dropped due to poor form in their last league game.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
My dream signing for United but unfortunately, I think he'll end up at City, Liverpool or Chelsea.

No he turned up late back from international duty. Dortmund are strict and have their rules, aubameyang got the same treatment.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
No he turned up late back from international duty. Dortmund are strict and have their rules, aubameyang got the same treatment.
Aubemeyang also ended up leaving :devil:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I hooe he's not going to turn out to be another idiot primadonna. No matter how good he is or how highly i rate him, we definitely don't need more players with a poor attitude.
Think that is a little harsh. You have no idea why he was late and he has no track record of having an attitude problem

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Think that is a little harsh. You have no idea why he was late and he has no track record of having an attitude problem
Actually he was send to the reserves for a while under Stöger, for showing up late to training repeatedly.

marktan

This boy linking up with Pogba, pinging assists in for Rashford and Martial :drool:

It'd be like our own version of France's Pogba and Mbappe. Shame pogs will be gone and we have little chance of getting Sancho.

RoyH1

We’d have to overpay massively to get him. Both in transfer fee and wages. No European football is not going to be attractive to him.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Bild report that in addition to being suspended for the important match against Gladbach he was also fined €100k and given an extra training session on saturday. Maybe returning late from international duty was just the tip of the iceberg.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Pretty sure that is not why he didn't start in Freiburg. He had actually started every single game up until that point, in my opinion Favre is overplaying him and he was due to be rested.

Classical Mechanic

Bild report that in addition to being suspended for the important match against Gladbach he was also fined €100k and given an extra training session on saturday. Maybe returning late from international duty was just the tip of the iceberg.
He didn't look right playing for England, looked low on confidence or something.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He didn't look right playing for England, looked low on confidence or something.
Despite getting a lot of goals and assists he hasn't been at his best for most of this season, so I'm not surprised this is carrying over to his NT. But I'm not sure what this has to do with him getting suspended and fined.

jackal&hyde

We need to rescue him this January. Also safe Dortmumd from a problem player. Win win

mav_9me

I was previously optimistic about our chances but the longer our current mess goes on the less likely.

The obvious attraction is Chelsea to play alongside CHO,Mount and Abraham under Lampard, with the bonus of being in London.

Now things change fast in football, so who know how it will look by summer but right now not looking good.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I was previously optimistic about our chances but the longer our current mess goes on the less likely.

The obvious attraction is Chelsea to play alongside CHO,Mount and Abraham under Lampard, with the bonus of being in London.

Now things change fast in football, so who know how it will look by summer but right now not looking good.
Yep. People wrote off Chelsea for some odd reason - even Sancho admitted he was a boyhood Chelsea fan.

Unless we have a dramatic recovery the only way we get him is outbidding everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.