Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Sancho and Haaland in a double deal confirmed out of the blue would be as exciting as 2007.

theklr

And it's absolutely a no brainer that he wouldn't come anywhere near us at the moment, it would be career mismanagement for him if he ends up here.

We probably end up with Zaha(I wouldn't hate it) again.
Thats beeing abit pessimistic isnt it? He would get more playing time here (as we totally lack any RW) than any other club

Eric's Seagull

Yeah, and do you believe that? Or would you believe that if you were him? Pogba might have thought the same and what happened? Would you risk your career for ManUnited as a ManCity academy player, because there might be a little chance to make them great again?

He has contract until 2022, so next summer transfer window his contract will last two more years. ManCity or anyone can wait one more year, thats no problem, because he is only 19 years old and they can take him next year for 50 mil or next year for free.
Yes I believe that there is a chance of him coming here because of that, albeit a small chance. I don't think that he will come here but i'm hoping :)

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Rashford has made his debut 5 years ago and we haven't read anyone (managers, coaches) complaining about him, on being late to training, his professionalism or anything related to off field incidents.

Sancho moved to Dortmund in 2017-18 and there are few incidents both at City and Dortmund, when it comes to missing training, late to training, match day briefing, late from International duty.
Yet most of our fan base can't even back Rashford. Shows that Sancho is going to get slaughtered if he comes here.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Seems like a player ready to do anything to force a move. Did it at City, now he is doing it at Dortmund. Dortmund must be incredibly unhappy with his attitide to be ready to sell him already in January. If he comes to an English club and does well, he is likely to try to force a move to Barca/Real in 2 years time.
Unlikely as it seems, Barca and Real aren’t the end destination goals for English lads, with so many good clubs here the allure of the Spanish giants isn’t as appealing as elsewhere. Most kids usually just want to play for one of United, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea (City nowadays too). Then again he’s had the experience abroad so maybe he’s acquired a taste for it.

Lynty

Surely it's out of United, Chelsea, Liverpool or Juve. Likely in that order.

Madrid are stacked and will likely hunt Pogba and Mbappe. PSG isn't an option for an English lad of his age. Barca don't need another attacker who isn't called Neymar. I can see City wanting him back - but he wouldn't cement a starting spot and everyone knows it. £100m is a lot to spend on a sub. Arsenal need to spend in other areas. Spurs wouldn't spend that money on one player, and Jose wouldn't want him.

He's too good for everyone else.

We just need to qualify for Champions League.

RedDevilRoshi

Madrid are stacked and will likely hunt Pogba and Mbappe. PSG isn't an option for an English lad of his age. Barca don't need another attacker who isn't called Neymar. I can see City wanting him back - but he wouldn't cement a starting spot and everyone knows it. £100m is a lot to spend on a sub. Arsenal need to spend in other areas. Spurs wouldn't spend that money on one player, and Jose wouldn't want him.

Would Bayern Munich not be an option?

They hoover up all the talent from other teams in the Bundesliga and could do with a winger like him. Especially Sancho on the right and Gnabry on the left.

AltiUn

They hoover up all the talent from other teams in the Bundesliga and could do with a winger like him. Especially Sancho on the right and Gnabry on the left.
That usually works when the player is German and sees Bayern as the pinnacle of football, outside of Germany Bayern is just another big club.

Lynty

I think Sane is Bayern bound after his recovery. A cheaper option who is arguably the better player.

I don't think there's many English kids who have aspirations of playing in Munich. So for someone with his talent, I'd be surprised.

JoaquinJoaquin

Rashford has made his debut 5 years ago and we haven't read anyone (managers, coaches) complaining about him, on being late to training, his professionalism or anything related to off field incidents.

Sancho moved to Dortmund in 2017-18 and there are few incidents both at City and Dortmund, when it comes to missing training, late to training, match day briefing, late from International duty.
I meant in terms of criticism he would get from our fans

Brophs

The One and Only

I'm not so sure. If Sane goes, City will need another wide attacker. I don't get the sense that Pep sees Mahrez as a certain starter, so they'll likely need someone in that position, particularly if Bernardo Silva takes David Silva's position. Sancho being homegrown would help, too. As would the 15% sell on clause they have on him, presuming that applies in the case of City buying him back. That said, I don't know how badly it ended for him there, it is quite a bit more than City have spent in the past and it's far from certain that they'd want to take the sort of financial hit we took on Pogba when we brought him back.

Lynty

I'm not so sure. If Sane goes, City will need another wide attacker. I don't get the sense that Pep sees Mahrez as a certain starter, so they'll likely need someone in that position, particularly if Bernardo Silva takes David Silva's position. Sancho being homegrown would help, too. As would the 15% sell on clause they have on him, presuming that applies in the case of City buying him back. That said, I don't know how badly it ended for him there, it is quite a bit more than City have spent in the past and it's far from certain that they'd want to take the sort of financial hit we took on Pogba when we brought him back.
Ye they will most likely need a new winger come summer, but I'd put my money on them going after Richarlison.

crossy1686

career ending
I do think that we have to be wary of his attitude. He left City under a cloud and things have gone sour here too.
To be fair to him, he left city due to lack of playing time and he wants to leave Dortmund because the manager took him off in the derby on the 36th minute and then told the press afterwards that Sancho wasn’t injured despite having a calf injury the week before. He hasn’t done much wrong about from be upset with how he’s been treated.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
To be fair to him, he left city due to lack of playing time and he wants to leave Dortmund because the manager took him off in the derby on the 36th minute and then told the press afterwards that Sancho wasn’t injured despite having a calf injury the week before. He hasn’t done much wrong about from be upset with how he’s been treated.
Isn't it still a worry though?

Sometimes a player doesn't and shouldn't always get the way he wants at a big club like Dortmund. There may always be a situation where a manager has to make a decision that a player doesn't like in a game. Having a zip on your mouth in this situation even if you want to leave is better than seemingly causing an element of unrest through out a couple of months or a season.

I just worry because - Sancho doesn't have a free role at LW here at United. At RW he may compete with James and he may also be asked to also learn a new role as a CAM player. It's not like there isn't a chance for a fight to occur here either.

Hopefully Sancho hasn't got an overly inflated mentality arisen from being this young English player who has done wonders abroad for the first time since the 80s.

Whilst it's just imaginative thinking - say we do manage to get a attacking squad that includes Rashford, James, Martial, Greenwood, Gomes, Maddison, Haaland and Sancho - the one player who I see being potentially unsettled by competition is actually Sancho & that's not due to his footballing ability but possibly about the little I can see about his mentality.

I probably have it wrong though & I really do hope so.

redshaw

Has he been left out of the side before any trouble started to initiate this? I'm just wondering how it started, he was quick to leave City and it was a good decision maybe as playing time probably wasn't looking likely. Or did he feel unfairly dropped due to something like being late once and it's escalated?

Things seemed to be going great there for him. He might rightly think he should be one of the first on the team sheet. I know he had a dip in form but I'm not fancying our chances keeping him happy if we should be fortunate to sign him and not be further up the table or should he not play a certain game.

Also worth noting the transfer fee, the pressure on the lad and the expectations from fans, the scapegoats if he doesn't perform could really turn sour very quickly. Pogba has dealt with it all very professionally in my view.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Has he been left out of the side before any trouble started to initiate this? I'm just wondering how it started, he was quick to leave City and it was a good decision maybe as playing time probably wasn't looking likely. Or did he feel unfairly dropped due to something like being late once and it's escalated?

Things seemed to be going great there for him. He might rightly think he should be one of the first on the team sheet. I know he had a dip in form but I'm not fancying our chances keeping him happy if we should be fortunate to sign him and not be further up the table or should he not play a certain game.

Also worth noting the transfer fee, the pressure on the lad and the expectations from fans, the scapegoats if he doesn't perform could really turn sour very quickly. Pogba has dealt with it all very professionally in my view.
We can't be presume these things though. Mane kicked up a fuss at Southampton. Now he's loved at Liverpool.

redshaw

We can't be presume these things though. Mane kicked up a fuss at Southampton. Now he's loved at Liverpool.
That was to leave wasn't it, same with VVD. Dortmund seem open to selling him and Sancho was happy to stay on this season and there's not been a huge offer dragging on so this isn't the same situation.

Classical Mechanic

According to @do.ob there‘s a litany of club rule breaches by him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

The source is Globoesporte in Brazil who are a huge outlet in Brazil and are considered reliable. The Brazilian player is a RW player and is a huge talent in the country.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
One for the cameras:

The source is Globoesporte in Brazil who are a huge outlet in Brazil and are considered reliable. The Brazilian player is a RW player and is a huge talent in the country.
I mean I expect Sancho to leave after the season, but stories like this have little meaning, even if they are true. The club is constantly scouting all over the world, independently of short term needs. E.g. Hakimi was supposedly scouted since he was 16, 3-4 years before he was eventually loaned.

lsd

The Oracle

So why don't we go for him ?

lsd

The Oracle

I have seen reports he has shown up late for training and meetings quite regularly which is why he was dropped .

reddevilchennai

If Poch signs for us and if United show him the project of building the team around Sancho, wouldn't he want to sign for us?

We are still the biggest club in England but on the decline. Think about leading its revival and making United comeback where it was.

theklr

If Poch signs for us and if United show him the project of building the team around Sancho, wouldn't he want to sign for us?

We are still the biggest club in England but on the decline. Think about leading its revival and making United comeback where it was.
Think most players want to avoid «rebuild» projects tbh, they risk coming into a struggling side which could affect their own play and thereby motivation, happiness and market value.

Only thing going for us in that regard would be that he is guaranteed a starting spot.

Roboc7

Or he could just go to Liverpool and start winning trophies straight away. There’s very little of any chance he will be slightest bit interested in coming here, and to be honest I doubt we’d stump up the cash given all other players we need.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
@JanAageFjortoft
From a very good source in Germany:

Klopp and Liverpool favorite to get Dortmund-player Sancho.

Sancho wants to leave the club already in January

AltiUn

They might get him but this Tweet isn't confirmation, Fjortoft is a bull shitter.

DanClancy

I'd be surprised if Liverpool pay £100m for a player who won't be first choice unless they've plans to sell Salah next summer, don't think they'd have the funds to buy him without selling a big name. There going to win the league this year and just see their American owners stumping up that sort of money given their outlook on how to run the club is similar to the Glazers.

Status
Not open for further replies.