Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redo91

Remember how many top quality forwards you had when you used to be really good?
Agreed but do you really think Sancho who left a club like City due to lack of game time would join ye with the current front three? No way he will sit on the bench. Unless someone leaves can’t see him joining.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not sure why he'd want to join a Europa league level team. Let's face it we aren't in the pecking order for world class talent anymore.

crossy1686

career ending
If that's the case then City would be better choice. It seems City are going to sell Sane and will look for replacement.
He won't go back to City, especially after what's happening to Foden and falling out with them previously over lack of playing time. Arsenal, United or Tottenham would be his best options but it all comes down to who's got £120m to spend in January.

arthurka

Yes Sancho won´t settle for a part time job here, you can be sure of that.
Also Klopp has never wanted to work with a large group of players due to the problems that unhappy players can cause.

Dante

Average bang
Is it so? Game time over bench time, same when Pogba leaving us for Juventus back in the days when we were huge.
He'll be a first choice, franchise player at the biggest club in the world for United.

At Liverpool, he'd be a rotation option alongside 3 others.

Sheringham and Solskjaer were happy with sharing their minutes with Yorke and Cole. That's why it worked.

Sancho has already shown that he's unwilling to miss out on ANY football: first at City and now at Dortmund. Going to Liverpool would put him in a similar predicament. His character, personality and career choices are very evident.

Dante

Average bang
Didn't he leave cos we wouldn't pay him the wages he wanted?
Wages are linked to everything.

I'd be willing to shovel shit for a living if you gave me £1m per year to do it.

Tevez had dropped down the pecking order and was no longer first choice. That's why he wanted to leave in the first place. If he'd been playing regularly, he would have had no reason to b unhappy and and no reason to head for the exit. But because he wasn't first choice, Tevez wanted to be paid over the odds in order to be kept happy in his imperfect situation.

Dante

Average bang
Sancho has won nothing of note at Dortmund. If he'd stayed at City, he'd have won the Premier League twice, the League Cup twice and the FA Cup once. Was he wrong to accept that transfer? Would he be any more wrong to pick United over Liverpool?

Winning things is obviously a secondary priority for him at this stage of his career. He's all about getting minutes on the pitch and being trusted as a main man, just like his mate Rashford.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Shock horror, he reportedly favours a team that has more stability, a better manger and far better ambition.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He'll be a first choice, franchise player at the biggest club in the world for United.

At Liverpool, he'd be a rotation option alongside 3 others.

Sheringham and Solskjaer were happy with sharing their minutes with Yorke and Cole. That's why it worked.

Sancho has already shown that he's unwilling to miss out on ANY football: first at City and now at Dortmund. Going to Liverpool would put him in a similar predicament. His character, personality and career choices are very evident.
Nah. When he left City he was not even in squad rotation, he has 0 appearance, his situation is worst than Gomes in current Man Utd, although he was still very young back then.

But now he is worth over 100m, and becoming one of the hottest young player in the world, and England international player too.

Let's be honest: It's either first choice in mid table club in mess/transition under one of the worst manager in the league, or squad rotation for CL winner and league leader under best manager in the world.

Eric's Seagull

Sancho has won nothing of note at Dortmund. If he'd stayed at City, he'd have won the Premier League twice, the League Cup twice and the FA Cup once. Was he wrong to accept that transfer? Would he be any more wrong to pick United over Liverpool?

Winning things is obviously a secondary priority for him at this stage of his career. He's all about getting minutes on the pitch and being trusted as a main man, just like his mate Rashford.
Based on the amount of minutes he'd get at Liverpool there might be more chance to sign him of us signing him. Another factor maybe that he has the chance to come here and help make us great again.

Dante

Average bang
Nah. When he left City he was not even in squad rotation, he has 0 appearance, his situation is worst than Gomes in current Man Utd, although he was still very young back then.

But now he is worth over 100m, and becoming one of the hottest young player in the world, and England international player too.

Let's be honest: It's either first choice in mid table club in mess/transition under one of the worst manager in the league, or squad rotation for CL winner and league leader under best manager in the world.
So he doesn't like squad rotation like he'd get at Liverpool, but wouldn't get at United

He's desperate to be first choice.

What will Liverpool's first choice front 3 be if Sancho joins? Are there any guarantees that Sancho will ever be able to push out one of Mane, Firmino or Salah? If there aren't, Sancho has shown he'd prefer to go down the route of guaranteed playing time.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
So he doesn't like squad rotation like he'd get at Liverpool, but wouldn't get at United

He's desperate to be first choice.

What will Liverpool's first choice front 3 be if Sancho joins? Are there any guarantees that Sancho will ever be able to push out one of Mane, Firmino or Salah? If there aren't, Sancho has shown he'd prefer to go down the route of guaranteed playing time.
I don't think it is that hard to get to play 30-40 games a season when there's only 4 first teamer fighting for 3 spot. Every big team have the same problem. But if he wants to play 50+ games a season, maybe Liverpool isn't ideal.
If he join us, he has to fight with Martial, Rashford, James, Greenwood and Haaland (if we bought him) for 3 spot too. Although he will be among first choices as most would have expected. There will still be squad rotation and he won't play every games.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I did call this in August/September time. I think it makes most sense.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Federico Chiesa from Fiorentina won't be cheap but would save us at least £30 - £40m in comparison to Sancho and he's potentially a world beater. So if Sancho goes elsewhere, I would hope we turn to the young Italian.

But in all honesty i'd be more excited in us appointing a DoF like Rangnick than sign Sancho or Chiesa right now.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Fjortoft is a awful source as mentioned by a few already. I personally expect Sancho to end up anywhere but Liverpool on the basis of Fjortoft's tweet and credibility.

AFC NimbleThumb

But wait! I thought the reason OgS signed no attackers was because Sancho wasn’t for sale & we were nailed on to sign him when he was.

The fascination with this guy has to end; we [apparently] tried in the summer & Dortmund/Sancho weren’t keen.

He is not the only attacking player in world football who can improve this shambolic side.

Top prospect but if he isn’t coming we shouldn’t be wasting our time pursuing.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah you're not spending over £100+ million on Sancho for him to sit on the bench so who is getting dropped or leaving the club?

When United had an abundance of top quality forwards they were a mix of older PL standard players (Sheringham, Yorke) and those brought in who were relatively unknown or cut price (Hernandez, Solskjaer). Bit different to spending a world record sum on someone and getting them to buy into squad rotation or sitting on the bench. Not going to happen.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The handwringing and rationalisations from some quarters in the last few pages is a sight to behold.

poleglass red

For those saying why would he come to us over Spain or Liverpool. He's 19, he could come to us, be part of a rebuild and establish himself as a top player for us. Worst case he comes to us, we continue to struggle, he leaves in 2-3 seasons when he's approaching the wily old veteran age of 21-22 years of age. I'm not saying he's coming to us or whether I even want him, but for those getting their knickers in a twist even contemplating him coming to us, remember his age. He's not some 29-30 year old with 1 last huge move left in his career.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
For those saying why would he come to us over Spain or Liverpool. He's 19, he could come to us, be part of a rebuild and establish himself as a top player for us. Worst case he comes to us, we continue to struggle, he leaves in 2-3 seasons when he's approaching the wily old veteran age of 21-22 years of age. I'm not saying he's coming to us or whether I even want him, but for those getting their knickers in a twist even contemplating him coming to us, remember his age. He's not some 29-30 year old with 1 last huge move left in his career.
why should he waste time of the rebuilding of Man Utd when he can go to ready made top team? And how many years has Man Utd being rebuilt now without any success. If you were his adviser would you tell him with glazers, Woodward and Ole man has everything in place to go back to the top. This is project worth believing in?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
why should he waste time of the rebuilding of Man Utd when he can go to ready made top team? And how many years has Man Utd being rebuilt now without any success. If you were his adviser would you tell him with glazers, Woodward and Ole man has everything in place to go back to the top. This is project worth believing in?
Well he left ready made top team for game time, if ready made top team was his only club then he wouldn't have left City.

Who knows which manager will be in charge when he is ready to move.

enwhykiid

We would also offer better wages and playtime than the other competitors. Also who's to say they would even offer enough for Dortmund? United surely will make the highest bid

Status
Not open for further replies.