Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

I mean it's just Sport Bild, but British journalists are always so desperate to "uncover" dramatic narratives.

TheReligion

Abusive
Wasn't fixed when Coutinho was still here (and the original plan wasn't "sell him to Barcelona") .

There may already be an agreement for one of our front three to leave in the summer, but I don't think it's that outlandish that we'll have a plan for him getting games without having to sell one of the front three.

Wonder if he might also be schooled in midfield if he were to join.

Still think its more likely he doesn't come here than that he joins, mind.
Coutinho was bought for £7m and was sold soon after Mane, Firminho and Salah established themselves. Odd point to make given it proves the point people are making..

As I said before you aren't paying what would be a club record transfer fee on Sancho to have him rotate or sit on the bench. If he comes in fully expect one of the front three to leave for big money. Likely Mane/Salah.

Liverpool buying him and keeping everyone else is less likely than him moving to United.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Wasn't fixed when Coutinho was still here (and the original plan wasn't "sell him to Barcelona") .

There may already be an agreement for one of our front three to leave in the summer, but I don't think it's that outlandish that we'll have a plan for him getting games without having to sell one of the front three.

Wonder if he might also be schooled in midfield if he were to join.

Still think its more likely he doesn't come here than that he joins, mind.
Yeah but not sure if he would be happy with getting games here and there, he would expect to start most games which is same as Mane and Salah.

Unless you move to 4-2-3-1 I don't see him moving to Liverpool unless like you said one of Mane or Salah is leaving.

poleglass red

He's spent two years longer than he wanted. Pretty sure this is nothing like he envisioned his career would go when he left Juventus.
Hasn't hurt him though. He's still being targetted by 2 of the biggest clubs in Europe, he's still just 26, and we will make a tidy profit of him if/when he leaves. Don't want to sidetrack this thread by referencing Pogba, but he came at an older age, it hasn't worked out on the football side, but he's still a target for huge clubs. It would be similiar with Sancho, he's 3 or so yrs younger than Pogba was when he came here. You'd hope and like to think we have a strategy moving forward to buy players who fit into desired style of play we want. Buying Pogba and sticking him in a two with slow motion Matic and being played under ultra defensice manager in Jose was never really going to work. We bought him thinking we were one of the big boys paying huge money for top talent but with no forethought on how to extract the best out of his talents. My point is is if we did get Sancho, and say we don't get back to competing again, this kid is good enough for top teams to still want in 3 yrs. His brand won't be hurt. In fact if he stayed at Utd 6-7 seasons he's be the same age as Pogba is now.

romufc

Midfield has to be our priority but upgrading this in Jan will be pretty much impossible. If we get the opportunity to strengthen an area that we will ultimately need to do so eventually, we should take advantage of that. I'm not just talking about Sancho but even at striker, if the Haaland lad is available in Jan, I say go for it. I've no doubt the club have their big money targets for mid lined up for bids in the summer (i hope). Obviously if a mid target was available in Jan, I'd gladly priortise that over any other position.
I really do hope that the board have realised we need to step it up, we are so far of the pace it is unreal.

Fosu-Mens

I've seen that reported too but I don't believe their paying him that much given Dortmunds wage bill.
If they are, then he will leave soon. Similar to what they did with Lewa with the understanding that he will leave at the end of the season, albeit Lewandowski on an expiring contract.

I understand Liverpool's interest in him. Getting a player with that ability to unlock a compact defence without depending on crossing numbers is something Liverpool lacks sorely.

OleGunnar20

This is the first time i've ever heard of his attitude being questioned, and it coincides with the rumours that he wants to leave. Perhaps Dortmund are trying to soften the blow of losing one of their best talents, or he's trying to force a move.
Fair point, it could be. I don't pay enough attention really to see the wood for the PR trees.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This article is basically saying that Chelsea are willing to go above the £72m they paid for Kepa. United on the other hand are willing to pay €140m to sign him but are hampered by the prospect of not qualifying for the Champions League which gives Chelsea the advantage.

It also states that Klopp believes the price is too high and with Liverpool already having Mane and Salah, there is no space for Sancho.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sancho will go to Chelsea, they need a replacement for Pedro/Willian, he's a Chelsea fan, and will fit in with the great young english lads they already have there.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Kinsella is the Chelsea correspondent for Goal and is considered a decent source for Chelsea news. Sam Lee was also working for Goal until he made a switch to The Athletic. There's also a Juve correspondent that works for Goal that is very good. And there's afew more that work for the outlet that are considered good Journos.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Sancho will go to Chelsea, they need a replacement for Pedro/Willian, he's a Chelsea fan, and will fit in with the great young english lads they already have there.
Alot of black/mixed kids started supporting Chelsea when Drogba was there from what I've encountered. It wouldn't surprise me if the same applied to Sancho so I wouldn't look to deep into him supporting Chelsea.

dbs235

His season is going exactly how I selfishly wanted it to go in the summer, as I thought it would make it easier for us to get him, but we're not doing our bit of being an attractive destination, far from it.
His bad form is being overexagerated I think. He's scored 7 goals (and 7 assists) already this season which is great for a 19 year-old winger, including one away at the Nou Camp.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He isnt worth the 250k+ a week he would be looking for.

Reports suggest that he is already on 190k a week.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49420133

We should pass on him. But no doubt he will end up here as I cant see any other PL paying him what Woodward will offer.
There is no way Dortmund would be paying him that. A deal like that would also make him 2nd highest paid player in Bundesliga, and there is no way he's on a bigger contract than the majority of Bayern Munich star players as well as a bigger contract that Marco Reus.

He could well have a contract with very lucrative bonus clauses though, ones that likely won't be triggered.

Kikky

Supports
Chelsea
I think he's headed for Chelsea. Rumours (on twitter) suggests their ban has been reduced to one window, which they have already served

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think he's headed for Chelsea. Rumours (on twitter) suggests their ban has been reduced to one window, which they have already served
Ugh. Please no. He's just the winger we need but feel we will lose out.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Unless we get CL football then I don't see us having much of a chance unless we can convince him with other signings.

Let's hope the 2nd half of the season is a bit more productive.

BlackShark_80

Now with their ban lifted, Chelsea become the front runner to sign Sancho either in Jan or Next Summer.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Now with their ban lifted, Chelsea become the front runner to sign Sancho either in Jan or Next Summer.
On Redcafe, anyone but United is either favourite to win a signature or a game of football to be fair. Thankfully, in the real world it’s very different.

BlackShark_80

On Redcafe, anyone but United is either favourite to win a signature or a game of football to be fair. Thankfully, in the real world it’s very different.
Still think Chelsea have bigger advantage than us right now: Top 4 (CL football), London, Sancho also a Boyhood Chelsea fan and Close mate with their youth players.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Still think Chelsea have bigger advantage than us right now: Top 4 (CL football), London, Boyhood Chelsea fan, and Close mate with their youth players.
Chelsea have not finished the season in the top 4. Beyond that, the rest is all spin.

Nero

Never known a player to be best mates with so many players from so many different clubs.

passing-wind

United on the other hand are willing to pay €140m to sign him but are hampered by the prospect of not qualifying for the Champions League
I've said all season long that Solskjaers longevity at our club depends on short term successes. If anyone thinks we will afford him time with no realistic expectations of top four then we will have scenarios like above where the club can't move forward.

Zed 101

I've said all season long that Solskjaers longevity at our club depends on short term successes. If anyone thinks we will afford him time with no realistic expectations of top four then we will have scenarios like above where the club can't move forward.
Not saying will will sign Sancho, and obviously at some point expenditure has to translate to results and success, however as we made record profits last year at the end of our least successful period since SAF took over I think that there is some leeway, success doesn't have to be immediate as long as the project is looking good and we are still making profits.

In addition signing players like Sancho generate money for the club regardless of success to a certain point, just the propaganda we are putting out that we are in a 3 year rebuild project returning to youth, homegrown players and that general feel good factor is generating profits.

It isn't always black and white.... still the biggest factor is whether Sancho can be persuaded to come here.

mav_9me

Still think Chelsea have bigger advantage than us right now: Top 4 (CL football), London, Sancho also a Boyhood Chelsea fan and Close mate with their youth players.
This is obviously all speculation but I only agree about London, Top 4 thing can change but I would tend to agree with you on that. More important than that is going to be transfer fee/wages (which is where we can potentially gain an advantage if we choose to). Boyhood chelsea fan and close friends with youth players is fairly irrelevant IMO. He has friends here too and we don't know who he is more close with in real life.

More important than those 2 things are going to be things like Chelsea with an attractive playing style, Lampard appearing to be a good manager etc.

mav_9me

Hattrick
Edit: his 2nd goal. Not hattrick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.