Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
People suggesting Pogba staying. Where's the Sancho and Ighalo money coming from if Pogba stays
From the same place we managed to find the money to buy the same Pogba in the first place, without having to sell Pogba to buy Pogba. We’re not that short a few quid. Also, there are a fair few players of lesser use to us who will also likely leave this summer anyway.

Champagne Football

hmmmm I can't say I disagree but at the same time I'm greedy and would want another marquee name. If we've convinced Bellingham then it shouldn't be huge money, likewise Ighalo is desperate to stay at the club he loves, the big money is obviously Sancho. Would like us to show our financial strength after this virus leaves football in a mess, we need to stamp intent all over the game that rises from the ashes!

Sancho, Bellingham, Ighalo and......................... Kane!!!! Yes Kane. Don't care what it costs, NOW is the time to get two big names, most clubs will be reeling from the loss of earnings.

Like I say, let's stamp our authority back on this mofo.
Kane would be phenomenal but will never ever happen for 2 reasons.
1. We can't afford both him and Sancho (bear in mind the 70 million spent on Bruno came out of our summer kitty)
2. Mason Greenwood is the future. He's a monster in the making. Signing Kane would ruin his path to the first team. Would be like signing Eden Hazard for the left wing and deciding Rashford will be just a squad player from now on.

RUCK4444

Kane would be phenomenal but will never ever happen for 2 reasons.
1. We can't afford both him and Sancho (bear in mind the 70 million spent on Bruno came out of our summer kitty)
2. Mason Greenwood is the future. He's a monster in the making. Signing Kane would ruin his path to the first team. Would be like signing Eden Hazard for the left wing and deciding Rashford will be just a squad player from now on.
As a few have pointed out, we don't know if the Bruno money came from our summer kitty. That's for Ed and Ole to know.

I understand the desire to progress the youth, I back that mantra as much as the next guy however there is room for Kane in this squad without losing too much from our youth products.

Rashord - Kane - Sancho

The above with Greenwood swapping in and out for both Kane centrally and Sancho off the left (where he has been getting time recently) would be absolutely fine for the next few years. Greenwood is only just 18 remember. *Martial swapping in and out with Rashford off the left where they both play best imo.

Blooding in the youth is a balance, it shouldn't ever be to the detriment of the club winning trophies. This great club should still go for the best players when they become available. The money issue is of course a stumbling block but only Ed and Ole really know whether it's possible, all I know is these two unbelievable talents are in the shop window in the next transfer window and to get both now would mean we could pretty much stand still in the 2021 summer window to recoup our spend.

Two world class players that fit the bill, available in the same window, get it done and curtail our spend the year after, that's what I would at least be looking at if I were Ed or Ole.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
People suggesting Pogba staying. Where's the Sancho and Ighalo money coming from if Pogba stays
The money is spread out over many years anyway, we just might have a slightly leaner year next year but we're getting to the point where we don't need LOADS of players, just a few good quality additions.

Fahad Jawaid

To all those who are asking whether we can spend big on Sancho, Grealish and Ighalo without needing to sell Pogba.

As per our latest quaterly accounts we have cash equivalent of £100m.

Since almost all the transfer fee is amortized over the life of a contract. Thus we might only have to shell £20m(total £100m fee over 5 yrs) for Sancho and £7.5M (total £15m for 2 years) for Ighalo.

As Villa going down we might have to pay more upfront for Grealish lets say £20m (total fee 50m over 5 years). Thats total of £47.5m. We would still have some cash left for that Birmingham kid and spare £35 odd million.

Lastly it could also be possible that we plan to sign Bellingham from our future budget. Since he will probably be signed and loaned again. Thus his signing will not impact our budget. Furthermore we will also raise cash from possible sales of Jones, Smalling, Lingard and Perriera. We will easily obtain transfer fee of £50m for these sales, whereas cash income from sales might be £15m to £20m. So guys relax we have plenty of cash to sign. Whether we manage to close all these deals or not thats up for debate.

Champagne Football

Rashord - Kane - Sancho

Two world class players that fit the bill, available in the same window, get it done and curtail our spend the year after, that's what I would at least be looking at if I were Ed or Ole.
Levy hates us. He would rather sell Kane to Juventus for half what we're offering. I just don't see it happening as incredible as it sounds.
I think Sancho will be our only marquee signing. There's rumours Ighalo is on the verge of signing a long term deal, that would suggest he will be the only striker summer signing.

Mcking

If Pogba stays, I think it only moves DM to priority 3.

1. RW
2. Back up Striker
3. DM

Ye. I think we need to assume Pogba is leaving. How many games has he actually played for us in the past 12 months? Whether or not that's down to him, the club needs to assess how to get the most value from our player going forward- playing here or cash - because we haven't got our value this year at all.
I'd argue Pogba staying puts defensive midfield at the top of the priority list. He'd likely be first choice in midfield alongside Bruno. We'd need a defensive midfielder to play with them. It would be a great chance to have a stable, complete and balanced midfield that could actually be good enough to challenge.

Rolaholic

We can surely afford buying big without selling big,we're not some small tinpot club like Arsenal or Spurs after all :lol:

Eother way, I'm pretty sure we'll have a few outgoings whenever the window opens even if it's not specifically Pogba

RUCK4444

Levy hates us. He would rather sell Kane to Juventus for half what we're offering. I just don't see it happening as incredible as it sounds.
I think Sancho will be our only marquee signing. There's rumours Ighalo is on the verge of signing a long term deal, that would suggest he will be the only striker summer signing.
This is true about Levy. But we don’t know what Spurs situation will be like after football resumes.

I mean Tottenham may be an example of exactly the sort of team I’m thinking about when I say that United may be able to out muscle or bully after this suspension of football.

I mean they are a club likely to be out of the Champions league places and at the stage where it could be argued they need a bit of a rebuild, add to that the lack of ticket revenue on top of the outlay for the new stadium!! That’s a serious set of reasons to sell Kane to the highest bidder.

lewwoo

I dont get why people say the Bruno money came out of the summer kitty. In that case what happened to the Lukaku money.

beingshe7don

Sancho, Ighalo, Zakaria could be good enough. Although I feel we should not miss out on Grealish.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Don't want Kane. Always gets injured at key times.

Pughnichi

The message at the bottom of the msg board!!!

it encourages us to criticise. Madness

“criticise the post not the poster”

Epic comms fail.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Less than stellar in the other positions though:p You might just as well let the rest of your team go, with a few exceptions like James, Azpi and maybe Mount.
Hehe. I think we need two or three additions (e.g. another striker for sure), and for Lampard stop being naive defensively.
What about Billy 'GOAT' Gilmour?
You want him? He'll significantly reduce your Pogba cash since he's proven to perform against the scousers.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
From Manchester correspondent David McDonnell.

Against that backdrop, Sancho is understood to favour a move to United, excited by Solskjaer's youth-heavy revival of the team, where he would fill their void on the right wing, and be able to link up with England team-mates including Marcus Rashford and Harry Maguire.

United are said to have been encouraged by their early efforts to land Sancho, in what is shaping up to be a big summer in the transfer market for the Reds, who also have Aston Villa's Jack Grealish and Leicester's James Maddison on their radar.
:drool:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It paid for Maguire.
Rumours were we had 100m, our spend after sales was around 80m. Similar to the summer before.
Lukaku money is split over 3 years or something. Maguire and wan Bissaka money was mostly all in. Dont think they were related. Fairly certain Bruno couldve been brought in last summer just fine if we pushed.

This next window I think we have the budget for Sancho and Ighalo, but anyone else is reliant on Pogba leaving.

AltiUn

Lukaku money is split over 3 years or something. Maguire and wan Bissaka money was mostly all in. Dont think they were related. Fairly certain Bruno couldve been brought in last summer just fine if we pushed.

This next window I think we have the budget for Sancho and Ighalo, but anyone else is reliant on Pogba leaving.
I think this is likely the case, if you believe the reports, we tried to sign Sancho last summer so we've probably got some money put aside for him.

AltiUn

You read stuff like that and think that's all well and good, then it says we're in for Grealish and Maddison and it kind of confirms they're talking shite.
I don't think them being on our radar means we'll get both, it'll be one or the other.

Tarrou

Dont get the argument against Grealish as we now have Fernandes. The ideal is 2 quality players for every position. Get him in and lets start adding not only quality, but depth.
well the argument is about budget not what is ideal

pretty sure everyone wants two quality players in every position, but we arguably don't have one quality player in each position yet

I want us to get Grealish, but if it's a choice between him and Sancho the answer is obvious

Tarrou

It's amazing how the press stories rope you in, despite the fact we know they're talking bollocks 99% of the time

A few months ago I was in here arguing we have no chance with Sancho, but now I'm mildly optimistic!!

If we do get a transfer window this season this will be an epic thread

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
A few months ago I was in here arguing we have no chance with Sancho, but now I'm mildly optimistic!!
Same. I might be the biggest naysayer on the caf when it comes to Sanch-on, but there’s a hell of a lot of smoke. Even I might have to admit there may be a fire.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'll look back at this thread fondly in the summer we sign James Maddison instead :drool:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Is Pogba the only player we can sell to make money or something?

I don’t think we need the money from his sale to pursue our targets. Players will certainly go and we can easily raise at least £50m aside from anything Pogba may generate. Smalling and Jones will likely fetch about £30m, Pereira and/or Lingard about £10m-£15m I’d suspect. We’ll probably get at least £10m from Zaha just leaving Palace.

I also think we’d take a good offer for De Gea should one arrive.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Is Pogba the only player we can sell to make money or something?

I don’t think we need the money from his sale to pursue our targets. Players will certainly go and we can easily raise at least £50m aside from anything Pogba may generate. Smalling and Jones will likely fetch about £30m, Pereira and/or Lingard about £10m-£15m I’d suspect. We’ll probably get at least £10m from Zaha just leaving Palace.

I also think we’d take a good offer for De Gea should one arrive.
Pogba is the realistic player that has to leave for other big incomings. Also in terms of numbers. We arent signing Grealish if Pogba stays, makes no sense to. Sancho and Ighalo being added permanently, and in terms of numbers we are fine. Its sell to open up space to buy from there. And yeah we can sell a few for small amounts of course, that's standard though and will help with Sancho/Ighalo (though I think we can get them regardless).

Dont think De Gea goes anywhere. Henderson might go out on loan again next year but I dont see him starting for us/replacing de Gea until 21/22.

Status
Not open for further replies.