Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Rainbows

Liverpool minded letting him go very much. And ‘Klopp’s system’ is a work in progress. This idea that he doesn’t like midfielders who can play football is false. He’s just working with what he has. Coutinho wanted to leave, and was forced to stay for until January before they eventually gave in for £130m. Then they targeted Nabil Fekir.
Yep. People forget that Klopp wanted a complete overhaul of his midfield hence buying Keita, Fabinho, and trying to get Fekir. They then won the CL and turned into a top team through Milner, and Henderson, but that doesn't erase the fact that Klopp wanted to improve that part of his team.

Mark Pawelek

Bit worrying this because he is close to Dortmund and there were rumours last week of them selling Mane or Salah to raise funds.
Exactly the kind of rumour Dortmund want to put out. They'd love a bidding war over Sancho between 'Pool, Chelsea and us. I don't see them getting the £120m they want this summer. In these extraordinary times no one has that money to spend on one player. If Pogba stays I bet there's no chance we'll buy Sancho.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Exactly the kind of rumour Dortmund want to put out. They'd love a bidding war over Sancho between 'Pool, Chelsea and us. I don't see them getting the £120m they want this summer. In these extraordinary times no one has that money to spend on one player. If Pogba stays I bet there's no chance we'll buy Sancho.
How would Dortmund putting out a rumour about Liverpool wanting to sell Mane/Salah get Liverpool in a bidding war. :houllier:

KennyBurner

I dont think we will pay more than 90 million for him. He is a great attacking player but just isnt worth that amount in my opinion. 120 million shows insane commitment to a player that doesn't have multiple silverware to his name. Personally the only way I would pay 120 for an attacker like him was if he had Daniel james pace. His playmaking abilities with that sort of pace would be game breaking in this league.

macheda14

I dont think we will pay more than 90 million for him. He is a great attacking player but just isnt worth that amount in my opinion. 120 million shows insane commitment to a player that doesn't have multiple silverware to his name. Personally the only way I would pay 120 for an attacker like him was if he had Daniel james pace. His playmaking abilities with that sort of pace would be game breaking in this league.
Sancho is really fast, not quite as fast as James, but him, Rashford and Martial would be an absolutely rapid front three.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I must admit that his ‘lack’ of speed is the only concern I have about him. He’s that good a footballer that he can make it to the very top regardless, but PL fullbacks are often fast, and if you’re a winger that can’t threaten the space behind the full back it is no small factor.

Ultimately, I think his speed will see him develop more into a roaming player. I’ve always thought he has some similarities to Hazard, and think this is the sort of player he can become in the PL.

Rossa

Sancho is really fast, not quite as fast as James, but him, Rashford and Martial would be an absolutely rapid front three.
Only Traore is as fast, or possibly even faster, than James. I don’t think we can expect that level of anyone in fairness. If he is close to Rashford, then thar is plenty fast. We need playmaking abilities and the ability to go past defenders one on one.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
No chance Sancho is as quick as Rashford. Doubt he's as quick as Martial. I think he's just quick with the ball at his feet.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So is Sancho fast fast or just fast or fast-ish then?
Fast-ish I’d say. It will hold aspects of his game back a little I think until he gets physically stronger to hold recovering defenders off. He’s a natural dribbler and will go past defenders. My main concern is that through ball in between defender and full back for him to run onto. Not sure that will be the ball for him against a lot of PL fullbacks, and once they realise that, they will adjust their game accordingly.

Utdstar01

He's fast. Similar to Sterling i would say but not quite as quick. Rapid off the mark and with the ball.

Wing Attack Plan R

They've definitely got an exciting team. But they've had that before and consistently lost players which has been a roadblock to reaching great heights. So he may stay based on a promise that this won't happen again. Or the more likely scenario is that it's just the way Dortmund operate or have to operate at this stage of their growth cycle as a club, and he has play his part in that by improving, contributing and eventually leaving.

I don't believe Dortmund are there yet. Both Haaland and Sancho will leave. Sancho this or next summer. Haaland in 2-3 years time. Hence we should move every mountain to make sure we get the former
That gives Haaland time to ditch his fat toad agent and we can swoop in and get him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That gives Haaland time to ditch his fat toad agent and we can swoop in and get him.
Sadly the world doesn’t revolve around us. Why would Haaland get rid of his agent, who has served him well?

What is more sensible is us learning to deal with said agent. We should be big enough players in the footballing world where we have the people who are not afraid of an agent and can rub shoulders with the toughest ones. If not Manchester United then who?

Rossa

He's fast. Similar to Sterling i would say but not quite as quick. Rapid off the mark and with the ball.
Not many players are quicker off the mark than Sterling; so if he’s in that ballpark, he should be plenty fast. I haven’t watched him much, but it sounds like some are making him out to be Januzaj.

Moiraine

Heard Xavi has called him by name if and when he takes over Barcelona Job...

Shouldn't we move a bit faster?

What’s weird in my comment ?
Perfectly normal concerning United fan here!
I'm confused as to what you mean by move faster. By all accounts he's our main transfer target for the summer and we've already talked to the player. The transfer window isn't open yet. There will be other clubs in for him no doubt, but not sure what you want us do to faster (and what that has to do with Xavi, who isn't employed by Barcelona).

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Wouldn't it be in bad taste in the middle of a pandemic to be throwing around millions of pounds? I imagine we wont see any major moving until the season restarts regardless.

In Rainbows

Heard Xavi has called him by name if and when he takes over Barcelona Job...

Shouldn't we move a bit faster?
Heard Barca are having financial trouble. Not anything serious, but something that means they will scale back a little on wages.

KennyBurner

I must admit that his ‘lack’ of speed is the only concern I have about him. He’s that good a footballer that he can make it to the very top regardless, but PL fullbacks are often fast, and if you’re a winger that can’t threaten the space behind the full back it is no small factor.

Ultimately, I think his speed will see him develop more into a roaming player. I’ve always thought he has some similarities to Hazard, and think this is the sort of player he can become in the PL.
Bruh I honestly think about some of the best attacking modern trios and all of them had pace on the wing. MSN, BBC, Salah, firmino and Mane just to name a few. When you look at those trios it was usually the striker that wasn’t as quick. In our case it would be our right width. Now I know he isn’t slow but I’m not sure he could kick the ball forward and outpace an average fullback. It’s why I 120m is a bit over the top. I also don’t think we will be paying that given what’s going on right now with this global pandemic.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Wouldn't it be in bad taste in the middle of a pandemic to be throwing around millions of pounds? I imagine we wont see any major moving until the season restarts regardless.
Well the window won’t open until the season restarts tbh!

Redo91

Bruh I honestly think about some of the best attacking modern trios and all of them had pace on the wing. MSN, BBC, Salah, firmino and Mane just to name a few. When you look at those trios it was usually the striker that wasn’t as quick. In our case it would be our right width. Now I know he isn’t slow but I’m not sure he could kick the ball forward and outpace an average fullback. It’s why I 120m is a bit over the top. I also don’t think we will be paying that given what’s going on right now with this global pandemic.
Of all those players you mentioned I’d say he has similar pace to Salah, Neymar and Messi. Off all those players only Bale had crazy pace.

Last edited:

Gasolin

Sadly the world doesn’t revolve around us. Why would Haaland get rid of his agent, who has served him well?

What is more sensible is us learning to deal with said agent. We should be big enough players in the footballing world where we have the people who are not afraid of an agent and can rub shoulders with the toughest ones. If not Manchester United then who?
I think Raiola toning it down is proof that we do handle the pair correctly. Strike one should be to send Lingard out to Milan or whoever is interested, and then make Pogba re-sign and build with Bruno and him.

In that context, Sancho is an interesting addition and maybe, once a while, we could try to ask him to challenge BVD a bit strongly to see how they react. They may not need the money, but they rely on it way more than United, and a bad year due to the virus can have some serious impact on their finances.

KennyBurner

Of all those players you mentioned I’d say he’s as quick has similar pace to Salah, Neymar and Messi. Off all those players only Bale had crazy pace.
Salah is on par with Bale. Neymar is also very rapid. Messi has lost pace but only due to him ageing and is also an exception because he's messi.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He has enough pace. He's doesn't have ridiculous pace like Bale, Walcott etc but more like Martial where the combination of technique and pace is devastating. Plus his ntelligence and vision are great and hence his reliance on purely pace is little.

Trex

He is Hazard level quick plus he is a clever player, very good dribbler,has good vision and execution for his age,if he was Rashford height i would be worried cus he would'nt have that explosive start to get past defenders which he does,its not like he would be hugging the touchline like James does,more like roaming abit mixing it up with the likes of fernandes.if he was in the epl already we might have to pay say 200m for him considering he is English

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Sancho's top-end speed is nothing to write home about in the world of wing play, but then, it doesn't need to be as his short-burst acceleration is top percentile and an attribute that's harder to deal with than outright pace.

Reason being is that Sancho, like a: Robben, Messi, Neymar or Hazard can bring the play and his defenders to a halt whilst in complete control of the next set of actions with said defenders having no choice but to be reactive rather than proactive the entire time. In short, closing him down is done at the defenders peril: too fast, and they sell themselves and, as we have seen, are easily taken out of the play. Too slow, and they enter his world of short, unpredictable bursts in any direction off of either foot. This leads to defenders having to elect to keeping their centre of gravity intact whilst being tentative fully aware that any commitment to one side of their body or the other will make Sancho's choice for him at a short-burst acceleration that very few can hope to entertain.

Allied to this, Sancho is one of the best short-chain and combination passers in the world, which adds another, horrible, variable for defenders as they also have to stay 'light' to contend with give and goes from standing starts that are immediately followed up by unpredictable, multi-directional bursts into either open space or creates space.

In combination with having a sharper mind with considerably shorter processing time, Sancho's attributes, before bringing either his dribbling or first touch (which he uses to immediately disrupt balance/equilibrium) are factored in mean, top-end pace will not be the biggest issue so much as sharp teammates who can play combination football with high levels of technical ability will be.

Put Sancho in the right team and he will easily occupy up to 3 men all game long. More pace is always nice, but for the type of player with the myriad of top percentile attributes he has, it won't be determinate of the player he ultimately can become. The biggest detriment to that would be injuries that ruin his mobility or short-burst acceleration.

crossy1686

career ending
Heard Barca are having financial trouble. Not anything serious, but something that means they will scale back a little on wages.
They've put Griezmann up for sale apparently, and they're looking to replace him with Aubameyang. Also trying to shift Coutinho and Dembele but accept they're stuck with them for the time being.

kirk buttercup

They've put Griezmann up for sale apparently, and they're looking to replace him with Aubameyang. Also trying to shift Coutinho and Dembele but accept they're stuck with them for the time being.
I wonder if he will make a movie about this . He can call it cast away

Status
Not open for further replies.