Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
He's hardly going to come out and say the opposite is he
well no, because he is being truthful. Days of 100m signings are gone for now. His words "speculation of individuals moving for 100(s)m pounds ignore the reality of the current situation" Quite clear what point he is making

Red Daz

No Sancho this summer then, bummer but if the players wants it bad enough maybe a Mbappe style loan to buy deal could happen, wishful thinking I reckon but who knows

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
well no, because he is being truthful. Days of 100m signings are gone for now. His words "speculation of individuals moving for 100(s)m pounds ignore the reality of the current situation" Quite clear what point he is making
Ah is this a we can't get him so no one else can either train of thought?

kidbob

The more I think about the more I reckon that if it's just him this summer then it's enough. We had started to play a lot better before the season ended, rewatch the City game and we had by far the better chances for instance. It's possible to go into a new season with that team plus Pogba, Rashford and Sancho. That is three seriously unbelievable talents. Couple that with the fact that neither Rashford or Pogba have played with Bruno yet and it's realistic to be optimistic that our improvement could go through the roof. We may still be a couple of signings (CB and CDM for me) away from challenging properly but I reckon that top 4 no longer becomes an issue and we are finally able to put away the lower sides consistently and go toe to toe with the others. Right wing has been an issue and Sancho is the one of the best around already and is of an age where the sky's the limit. Out of boredom I watched our game against Brugge (who ain't a bad side at all) and even before the sending off the football was excellent. That was without Pogba, Rashford and Martial. I think we are really onto something here and Sancho is a vital piece of finishing the puzzle.

As for what Woodward said, I think all signs have pointed to him being a priority and you don't take a chance on missing a lad who has the potential to be marketable to at least a Rooney level, oh and like Rooney was he's on course to become the English golden boy of this generation. Ed's not that stupid. Not saying it will definitely happen but it won't be because we aren't willing to match the price.

Edit: should have said that I think Ighalo should be signed for a couple of years too, forgot he wasn't here permanently.

pascell

The right thing to say really, I think we all want market fees to come back down to normality, especially as we might get more for our money and move us further along the progression ladder of where we want the squad.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think it’s a negotiating tactic and he’s obviously not showing his full hand but he’s putting it out there to Dortmund that we are bringing our valuation down. Only problem is I don’t think they’ll sell then and he absolutely is the missing piece for us. I’d say if he comes now it’ll be a heavily incentivised deal with all sorts of add ons and potential bonus’s and a substantially lower cash up front figure than previously speculated. I don’t see what’s stopping Dortmund just giving him a much better new deal and saying wait till at least the following summer as it’s the worst time in living memory to move clubs and nobody really knows what’s going on. I think this has gone from being 90% on to 50/50 now. Woody the corona muppet slayer

arthurka

There is nothing in that article that says he is signing a new contract at BVB

Posts like this are just as bad as the rubbish in the Star and the Metro
So it's more pick and choose what did your liking? They are all like this also the ones who say he is coming..

Womp

idiot
Ye, it's off. I'd be surprised if we had any transfer activity tbh. Clubs like Dortmund won't need the money and would rather want to hold onto their best assets during these times.

croadyman

Worrying words from Woody but he could quite easily be saying that just as a negotiation tactic

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I am amazed there are still people on here that think Sancho for £100m+ on £250k a week wage (minimum) for five years is possible still. That is a minimum of £165m over the five years or £33m per year.

People really need to come to terms with what is happening. At the moment, even in a fairly good case sitiation - i.e. season doesn't finish, tv money stays the same - Utd have the following question marks over their income:

1) When matchday revenue will return.
2) No CL money for a second season.
3) Questions over the income from sponsorship money in such a situation as we find ourselves in.

This is before we get to the deadwood players. If anyone thinks any club is taking Sanchez other than for 10% of his wages next season they are having a laugh. After that you then have players like Jones, Bailey, Dalot etc, who the club thought they may have been able to sell. Instead, they will now just be knocking around on their wages as no one else will get close to matching them.

I am sorry but if the club only loses 10% of income from this, they will be doing amazingly well.

kidbob

I think it’s a negotiating tactic and he’s obviously not showing his full hand but he’s putting it out there to Dortmund that we are bringing our valuation down. Only problem is I don’t think they’ll sell then and he absolutely is the missing piece for us. I’d say if he comes now it’ll be a heavily incentivised deal with all sorts of add ons and potential bonus’s and a substantially lower cash up front figure than previously speculated. I don’t see what’s stopping Dortmund just giving him a much better new deal and saying wait till at least the following summer as it’s the worst time in living memory to move clubs and nobody really knows what’s going on. I think this has gone from being 90% on to 50/50 now. Woody the corona muppet slayer
I disagree to be honest. If anything I see this as Ed pushing fans to believe that all we have the money for is one signing, especially if it's big. Sancho is the heir apparent to being the Rooney, Beckham, Gazza type of English football. I don't think there is any doubt that any big English club want to do anything to bring the lad in as soon as possible. His potential earnings for any club (especially English clubs) are huge. The lad is that big a talent. The way I see it is that a lot of English clubs were linked but we now have Chelsea signing Ziyech and Liverpool seemingly buying Werner. In my opinion both of these clubs would rather Sancho so there must be something pointing towards United as his choice (the lad has shown he is smart about his career so maybe the fact he walks into our team no problem is a big thing for him). If we don't sign him I'm almost fully certain that it won't be because we weren't willing to pay his value. His long term potential value to the club is too much for that.

Maybe it's a point in the direction that we intend to sell Pogba but only sign Sancho in his place. It could be anything, including a negotiation tactic. I simply don't think Ed is stupid enough to not realise how valuable in the long run having the next generational English player who just turned 20 is to a club like ours.

kidbob

Ye, it's off. I'd be surprised if we had any transfer activity tbh. Clubs like Dortmund won't need the money and would rather want to hold onto their best assets during these times.
Why would Dortmund not need the money and we be so badly affected?

Ali Dia

I disagree to be honest. If anything I see this as Ed pushing fans to believe that all we have the money for is one signing, especially if it's big. Sancho is the heir apparent to being the Rooney, Beckham, Gazza type of English football. I don't think there is any doubt that any big English club want to do anything to bring the lad in as soon as possible. His potential earnings for any club (especially English clubs) are huge. The lad is that big a talent. The way I see it is that a lot of English clubs were linked but we now have Chelsea signing Ziyech and Liverpool seemingly buying Werner. In my opinion both of these clubs would rather Sancho so there must be something pointing towards United as his choice (the lad has shown he is smart about his career so maybe the fact he walks into our team no problem is a big thing for him). If we don't sign him I'm almost fully certain that it won't be because we weren't willing to pay his value. His long term potential value to the club is too much for that.

Maybe it's a point in the direction that we intend to sell Pogba but only sign Sancho in his place. It could be anything, including a negotiation tactic. I simply don't think Ed is stupid enough to not realise how valuable in the long run having the next generational English player who just turned 20 is to a club like ours.
i really hope you’re right. We’ve fecked up lots of obvious things over the post Fergie years and we are finally on what feels like the up again. I hope this doesn’t turn out to be yet another error in judgment. I’m also very interested to see that our recent good transfer business continues and wasn’t just a bit of a fluke. I say pay what it takes. He’s the second best young player in the world this season. He’s also a potential generational English talent as you pointed out. Fergie totally would have signed him.

croadyman

i really hope you’re right. We’ve fecked up lots of obvious things over the post Fergie years and we are finally on what feels like the up again. I hope this doesn’t turn out to be yet another error in judgment. I’m also very interested to see that our recent good transfer business continues and wasn’t just a bit of a fluke. I say pay what it takes. He’s the second best young player in the world this season. He’s also a potential generational English talent as you pointed out. Fergie totally would have signed him.
I wonder if Ed has put out those quotes tonight because he thinks Ole was bragging about what we can do in this market too much and feels that isn't the right thing to do in this situation.

kidbob

That's part of why I hope it's non negotiable for Ole. I think he realises how important having that type of signing is. Although I can, of course, see your side of things too and I do worry we will miss out on this. I only keep hope because, if the media are to be believed, he seems keen on coming here.

Ali Dia

That's part of why I hope it's non negotiable for Ole. I think he realises how important having that type of signing is. Although I can, of course, see your side of things too and I do worry we will miss out on this. I only keep hope because, if the media are to be believed, he seems keen on coming here.
It’s definitely more that I’m worried we will return to type. Like we really really drew out the Bruno deal and we’d arguably be sitting in the top 4 if we’d signed him at the start of the window. It wasn’t some masterful deal by Ed. That could be huge if the season is cancelled. I just want us to be as decisive as possible from now on. I can’t deny the scouting has been spot on from Fred to Bruno. Hopefully they see Sancho as unmissable.

Ali Dia

I wonder if Ed has put out those quotes tonight because he thinks Ole was bragging about what we can do in this market too much and feels that isn't the right thing to do in this situation.
anything is possible. He could also be softening the meltdown if we don’t do much this summer. Who really knows. If he turns around and buys him for less than we expected then great but I don’t see there being too much leeway with Dortmund on the price.

Fahad Jawaid

Wow that came out of nowhere. I suppose we might go for Grealish then and try him as a RW. Furthermore, take cheap punt on one more player. I think our summer outlay will be 50 million pounds. With Grealish taking the most of it.

A part of me is hoping this is all said to lower the asking price for players. Also we will see alot of player loan and swap deals this summer. Is there a player we want to offload that we can swap with Dortmund?

432JuanMata

This lad does look the real deal even though our Dortmund buys haven’t being the best. He is so mature for his age which is what I like the most he obviously has talent but I like his decision making for such a young lad

Sure I’ve seen people saying they would love Kane aswell, which got me thinking with Rashford and add sterling in England should be a lot better than they are.

kidbob

It’s defiantly more that I’m worried we will return to type. Like we really really drew out the Bruno deal and we’d arguably be sitting in the top 4 if we’d signed him at the start of the window. That could be huge if the season is cancelled. I just want us to be as decisive as possible from now on.
I definitely agree. I remember watching Bruno's first game and not understanding why the hell our scouts didn't realise he was perfect for us!! He instantly was exactly what we needed and that was with us missing two of our best players in Pogba and Rashford. I guess my hope lies in Ole having made excellent signings compared to the last three managers. He has hit money with each of them (even James when you consider the profile and the price) and I'm sure he realises that Sancho is one in a million type signing. As I said before I would rather sign him and no one else than sign 3 good players, and I hope Ole feels the same.

kidbob

This lad does look the real deal even though our Dortmund buys haven’t being the best. He is so mature for his age which is what I like the most he obviously has talent but I like his decision making for such a young lad

Sure I’ve seen people saying they would love Kane aswell, which got me thinking with Rashford and add sterling in England should be a lot better than they are.
Sancho is miles more important a singing than Kane for me. Sure Kane on form is probably the best striker in the world but Martial already hits another level when Rashford is around and I imagine he hits another one with Sancho the other side. He really is the missing piece. I'd rather sign Sancho and keep Ighalo than just sign Kane.

Ali Dia

I definitely agree. I remember watching Bruno's first game and not understanding why the hell our scouts didn't realise he was perfect for us!! He instantly was exactly what we needed and that was with us missing two of our best players in Pogba and Rashford. I guess my hope lies in Ole having made excellent signings compared to the last three managers. He has hit money with each of them (even James when you consider the profile and the price) and I'm sure he realises that Sancho is one in a million type signing. As I said before I would rather sign him and no one else than sign 3 good players, and I hope Ole feels the same.
Sancho gets us a forward line that’s potentially one of the best in Europe. The dream!

kidbob

Sancho gets us a forward line that’s potentially one of the best in Europe. The dream!
Yep! Martial and Rahford already play better together, add Sancho to that and it could be incredible. Three forwards who are comfortable on the ball, pacy and all good dribblers. It sounds too good to be true. If we can keep Pogba and add Bruno to the mix then, regardless of our full backs attacking, we have five top class attacking players who could wreak havoc. On paper it seems unbelievable.

Ali Dia

Yep! Martial and Rahford already play better together, add Sancho to that and it could be incredible. Three forwards who are comfortable on the ball, pacy and all good dribblers. It sounds too good to be true. If we can keep Pogba and add Bruno to the mix then, regardless of our full backs attacking, we have five top class attacking players who could wreak havoc. On paper it seems unbelievable.
corona has already wiped out my job (live music) I hope it doesn’t stop us from being a real top force again. The last few years have been more crap than good for us. It’s about time we got it together!

kidbob

corona has already wiped out my job (live music) I hope it doesn’t stop us from being a real top force again. The last few years have been more crap than good for us. It’s about time we got it together!
Sorry to hear that mate. Are you a musician or a sound engineer? I only ask because I spent 10 years as both. Tough gig, and I have a lot of mates from the industry in the same position.

Ali Dia

Sorry to hear that mate. Are you a musician or a sound engineer? I only ask because I spent 10 years as both. Tough gig, and I have a lot of mates from the industry in the same position.
I play pubs clubs festivals and weddings as a full time thing but it’s covers mainly. I’m sure you know the craic. Are you still involved in music?

kidbob

I play pubs clubs festivals and weddings as a full time thing but it’s covers mainly. I’m sure you know the craic. Are you still involved in music?
I still play the random covers gig. I love it and I play music everyday. I teach piano and guitar lessons. I guess I realised I wasn't going to 'make it'. I love my job now but nothing compares to playing music with my mates (and I'm lucky enough to have some incredibly talented friends). I hope it works out for you mate. Either way keep playing for all your worth, it;s the most beautiful thing in the World.

Status
Not open for further replies.