Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Buck

If Sancho doesn’t come then I expect Ole to keep the faith in James and Mason. Sancho is the obvious number 1 target and if we can’t get him, I am sure we will stick with what we have and go in for him maybe next year.

Utdstar01

I will when all you 16 year old fifa players stop with all the BS. We may very well have been on course to sign him prior to the virus hitting and obviously depending on us getting CL football too. The day the league was suspended was the day this move died.
You do realise deals can be structured to be paid over a number of years?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I will when all you 16 year old fifa players stop with all the BS. We may very well have been on course to sign him prior to the virus hitting and obviously depending on us getting CL football too. The day the league was suspended was the day this move died.
What the feck do you know really though?

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
You are speculating just like everyone else. Get off your high horse and start presenting your ideas as speculation, not facts.

For the sake of conversation: In your scenario pretty much all transfer around the globe would be frozen, but what would then happen to those clubs dependent on the money they get from transfers? Will they go bankrupt?

Maybe they will lower their asking prices so that the buyers can afford it and they can survive. I think it’s called the law of supply and demand. I’m not sure, just speculating.

Reactions: Sultan

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
If you are going to say all this, why you spoil it by talking in absolutes. You know nothing and prices are likely to come DOWN....but of course this whole thing now is a mess. But you cannot say it's died nor can you call him a 100m player. Don't you know how disrespectful that is in the current climate?....So no, it's not 'dead' but look - we don't even know about the season yet. Let's learn to walk before running. What United have to do is keep tapping up the player in a discreet fashion. Take it from there.

macheda14

If we do sign him you’re not allowed to be happy.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If we do sign him you’re not allowed to be happy.
:lol:

to be fair this one was all but in the bag but I imagine it is much more in the balance now. Hopefully we can still get it done. We desperately need to fill this gap in the squad if we want to get back competing. Recession or not. He’s english. He’s a winner. He’s more than likely a generational talent. We’ve spent money in a recession before. I still hope it happens. The noise coming out of the club isnt super reassuring but I’m hoping it’s just a tactic to get the initial fee down and the add ons more structured in our favour.

We messed around with Bruno and ended up getting him 6 months and how many lost points later for a bigger fee. Same with Maguire but over a year. Uniteds transfer dealings have been good as the players have been good targets but I don’t expect this to be done anytime soon or see us getting a better deal just because we draw it out to death or keep briefing the media that everything has changed and we won’t be bullied in the market. We helped create this inflated market in the first place! At the end of the day if the player really wants to come here I think we will still get him this summer and we will pay a fortune for the pleasure.

Last edited:

Garry Buck

Why do I have a bad feeling that other clubs will still go out and spend a fair bit on transfers whilst we don’t and blame the virus?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
There's a subtle irony in telling a bunch of United fans on a United forum that we're are not very attractive to non-Brits when you're a random Leverkusen fan from Germany who choses to spend time posting here in his second language.

Wow, you guys need to calm down. I've got nothing against United and this wasn't meant to be offensive in any way. I don't really care where Sancho ends up as long it's not Bayern which looks highly unlikely. Actually I think it would be kind of cool to see him leading United back to glory. What me being a Leverkusen fan has anything to do with that is beyond me. I'm reading here because I'm interested in people's opinion on the sport outside my usual filter bubble and this forum happens to be the best football forum in the world. There's lots of interesting stuff here about non-United related topics.

What I argued was nothing insulting and hardly anything completely ridiculous. I don't no what's going on in here, if there's been much provocation by non-United posters or anything like that, but IMO your reaction is quite over the top. I guess I'll stay away from United topics in the future.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Well they would brief this to be honest.
At exactly the same time Woodward weeps about United's covid19 related revenue losses. It's all part of the negotiation.

I have a feeling this wont be resolved for a while.

Teja

Guys come on, all our big transfers are like this. Let the club squeeze every penny out of the deal.

Remember AwB? Maguire? Pogba? Bruno?

It is clear that the club see Sancho as the star name. The player wants to come. We generally don't let a deal fall apart on money, let alone such an important transfer as this.

I'm convinced he will come but it might drag on for a few months.

ovoxo

I'd be more than happy with just Sancho tbh.
Definitely think Sancho will happen. A deal will be found imo.

On a side note, the Grealish quote isn’t quite right. I’ve been seeing most places say “Grealish could now depend on Pogba and Villa”, but he actually said “Pogba or Villa” on the Q and A. Which seems to suggest if Pogba leaves we replace him with Grealish or we add Grealish to the side anyway provided we can get him for a good price.

Laurie also doesn’t think we’ll go for a striker if we get Sancho. He mentioned we were looking at Werner and Dembele but said other positions are a priority. Also mentions a CB unlikely this summer.

Last edited:

yo@Kirk

I believe Greenwood will prove he's the best RW United have had since Nani. So happy for him. Martial at striker; Rashford, Bruno, and Greenwood attacking mids; and Pogba and McTominay at CM will breakdown those parked bus defenses that have cost United so many points, imo.

RkkMan

OK but is that money for transfers? Also what is this 150m credit facility? Another loan? If we're having to take out another big loan it may be for more than big summer spending.
From what I`ve gathered from financial experts and football finance articles on Utd yes it is mostly for transfers. Stuff like maintenance, wages and debt repayment are dealt with by the club`s revenue and yeah credit facility it is another loan but I personally dont see us chunking that much money from it.

RkkMan

I believe Greenwood will prove he's the best RW United have had since Nani. So happy for him. Martial at striker; Rashford, Bruno, and Greenwood attacking mids; and Pogba and McTominay at CM will breakdown those parked bus defenses that have cost United so many points, imo.
Dangerous thinking. Greenwood has world class potential but he`s still not ready to start week in week out and he`s more of a RVN/RVP than a Salah/Pepe/Mahrez anyway he`s playing on the RW for now till he physically develops and he lacks the natural pace wingers/inside forwards have, long term he`s a CF.

Greck

From what I`ve gathered from financial experts and football finance articles on Utd yes it is mostly for transfers. Stuff like maintenance, wages and debt repayment are dealt with by the club`s revenue and yeah credit facility it is another loan but I personally dont see us chunking that much money from it.
Nahh that's just personal speculation. Don't see us (or anyone generally) taking out a huge loan if we can help it unless it's absolutely necessary. Ed is warning against big spending while the media outlets are selling us dreams

romufc

By next year they'll be hosting a buy one get one free offer. This thing isn't getting better till at least a year after crowds can enter stadiums
Never mind just Sancho, if they do wait it out, there is a possibility they sell Sancho next summer because he will have one year left on his contract, and a team could trigger Haalands release clause. Will they risk losing two of their key players in one window?

Replacing them will be difficult as teams know they have the money?

Greck

Never mind just Sancho, if they do wait it out, there is a possibility they sell Sancho next summer because he will have one year left on his contract, and a team could trigger Haalands release clause. Will they risk losing two of their key players in one window?

Replacing them will be difficult as teams know they have the money?
Predict they'll wait it out till the end of the summer and he goes for way less than they want. The 100m being quoted is unrealistic and I hope the club doesn't pay that much and I doubt we even want to

romufc

Predict they'll wait it out till the end of the summer and he goes for way less than they want. The 100m being quoted is unrealistic and I hope the club doesn't pay that much and I doubt we even want to
I think if we can keep our persisting with Sancho and his agent, we could get a deal done especially if we are the only team.

I don't think we should pay £100m, if the fee remains that, we should not go for it. £80m in the current climate would be the max we should pay.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
What the feck do you know really though?
Clearly have a better grasp of the financial impact this will have on us. 28m already and it could be another 6 to 10 months before we get gate receipts. Debt up 127m. Doesn't take a genius mate.

MalcolmTucker

Wow, you guys need to calm down. I've got nothing against United and this wasn't meant to be offensive in any way. I don't really care where Sancho ends up as long it's not Bayern which looks highly unlikely. Actually I think it would be kind of cool to see him leading United back to glory. What me being a Leverkusen fan has anything to do with that is beyond me. I'm reading here because I'm interested in people's opinion on the sport outside my usual filter bubble and this forum happens to be the best football forum in the world. There's lots of interesting stuff here about non-United related topics.

What I argued was nothing insulting and hardly anything completely ridiculous. I don't no what's going on in here, if there's been much provocation by non-United posters or anything like that, but IMO your reaction is quite over the top. I guess I'll stay away from United topics in the future.
Relax, it was just a friendly jibe highlighting the irony of your post. You can and should post on any topics you like, just expect them to be mocked or critiqued when people think they are stupid.

We're not Zehnerphobic :nono:

saivet

I don't buy the Bayern interest at all. They're clearly keen on Sane, who they will probably get for half the price of Sancho and given Sane is German, I think they'd probably prefer him even if they were available at similar prices.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think a deal will be done at a discount to the initial asking price, but not too much of a discount. I would expect the age and potential resale value of Sancho makes it an easier decision to buy, even in this climate that can hit football for seasons to come. We can be 8 years into the future and he can go for a profit if he were to leave the club.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I think a deal will be done at a discount to the initial asking price, but not too much of a discount. I would expect the age and potential resale value of Sancho makes it an easier decision to buy, even in this climate that can hit football for seasons to come. We can be 8 years into the future and he can go for a profit if he were to leave the club.
I could see us agreeing a decent fee with a reasonable base fee, plus add-ons taking the total value up. Also wouldn't be surprised to see something like 30% of any future transfers heading to Dortmund as a sweetner. That said, Dortmund have historically liked to reinvest any large transfer fees received, so we'll see. I'm quietly confident this will happen, especially if we can complete the season and get CL football.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I don't buy the Bayern interest at all. They're clearly keen on Sane, who they will probably get for half the price of Sancho and given Sane is German, I think they'd probably prefer him even if they were available at similar prices.
Sancho looks like the better prospect, though. In the end that's what will matter most for Bayern (if they're interested at all).

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I hope people remember this, Ogden chats a lot of bullshit or just relies on briefing without much context.

He may have been briefed alright, but Bayern denying it means the brief is likely from a Dortmund camp to try and create an illusion of other interest.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ogden and ESPN in general are the biggest BS'ers around.

Dortmund would not sell Sancho to them, and if he wanted to stay in Germany he'd just sign again for Dortmund. He wants to come back to England :lol: idiot

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Clearly have a better grasp of the financial impact this will have on us. 28m already and it could be another 6 to 10 months before we get gate receipts. Debt up 127m. Doesn't take a genius mate.
Jon Snow.

And you have been peddling this line, and tbh, just about any line of negativity long before the accounts were published. For months in fact.

You need to get over yourself. Your an internet fan like everyone else. Coming along declaring what will and won’t happen and telling everyone else that they are idiots for even daring to ‘hope’ that a deal that has been very, very widely reported to be highly possible is in fact possible.

You can think we will not sign Sancho all you like. What you shouldn’t do is confuse yourself for someone who has any more of a clue of what will actually happen than any other poster online.

RUCK4444

Ogden and ESPN in general are the biggest BS'ers around.

Dortmund would not sell Sancho to them, and if he wanted to stay in Germany he'd just sign again for Dortmund. He wants to come back to England :lol: idiot
Agree on Ogden he’s made a career out of sucking off Mourinho for little tidbits of information.

Like a baby seagull begging for regurgitated fish guts.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Agree on Ogden he’s made a career out of sucking off Mourinho for little tidbits of information.

Like a baby seagull begging for regurgitated fish guts.
Jesus Christ, that's an image that'll stay with me for the rest of my life!

jackal&hyde

I don't think it's wrong to say Bayern would like Sancho but like the posters above point out, if given the choice, Dortmund would sell to anyone else but them, plus the player seems to want to come back to England.

We are going to get him imo, Sancho, Rashford, Martial, Bruno and Pogba, that's potentially the best attacking formation in Europe :drool:

kirk buttercup

As I said on here previously this is a bit of craic with debate and opinion and everyone is entitled to a view and we must respect peoples opinions even if we think they are wrong . I don't think many really know what way the transfer window will take shape this year or in the coming years tbh . I know in my own industry everything is up in the air and most of us are waiting to see how the cards fall .I look at all transfers like buying a lotto ticket , I know there is a very good chance I'm not going to win anything but sometimes it's ok to daydream and think out situations if it ever did happen . Sancho is exactly this for me, the world is in meltdown on a global scale and the least of my worries is whether this young footballer Joins Manchester United but every now and then rather than worrying about this shit show I would rather think about Pogba playing it off to Bruno who picks a pass to Sancho down the right and Squares the ball back to Rashford to tuck it away in front of The Stretford end and United are back on their Perch . Just for a minute .

jackal&hyde

As I said on here previously this is a bit of craic with debate and opinion and everyone is entitled to a view and we must respect peoples opinions even if we think they are wrong . I don't think many really know what way the transfer window will take shape this year or in the coming years tbh . I know in my own industry everything is up in the air and most of us are waiting to see how the cards fall .I look at all transfers like buying a lotto ticket , I know there is a very good chance I'm not going to win anything but sometimes it's ok to daydream and think out situations if it ever did happen . Sancho is exactly this for me, the world is in meltdown on a global scale and the least of my worries is whether this young footballer Joins Manchester United but every now and then rather than worrying about this shit show I would rather think about Pogba playing it off to Bruno who picks a pass to Sancho down the right and Squares the ball back to Rashford to tuck it away in front of The Stretford end and United are back on their Perch . Just for a minute .
I feel the same but like you say, football is a way to escape the reality of life and thinking about the potential of what United might look like with him and the other players we have is a good way to forget if but for a second about the situation we are all in.

romufc

We are going to get him imo, Sancho, Rashford, Martial, Bruno and Pogba, that's potentially the best attacking formation in Europe
Agreed, if we get him our attack could be something special. Every other attack in Europe is coming to its final 2/3 years. If we can manage to convince Sancho to come this summer, it would be special.

I just want to see some exciting football back at United, it's been a while. Alot of negativity and doubts but if Ole can get these players playing well, we could potentially challenge for the league as early as next year.

I know alot of people will say that is crazy but:

Liverpool - They will be strong, but they haven't got any backups? We can still play different formations and personell.
City - Aguero will be 32, Sane looks like he could leave, Silva is leaving.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I don't understand why so many are being pessimist. 90M + 60M in credit in cash is huge money, especially in an environment were clubs will be struggling to stay afloat. If Dortmund can afford to keep Sancho then well done to them. They do come across as a selling club. Also I wonder why would they do it. Sancho has 2 years left in his contract. If they won't sell him on cheap now then they'll have to sell him on cheap in 12 months time. So in my opinion they are better off selling him now when they need the money and can negotiate some juicy clauses for him

As said 150m in cash is big money in this current climate. Many clubs will be forced to the wall with this crisis and cash will be king. If Dortmund want to act as jerks then I'd have a look at clubs like Roma. Prior to his injury Zaniolo was scoring goals for fun. He can play both in CM and RW and he's doing well in a team that didn't make Mkhitaryan and Kagawa look like a super star.

Status
Not open for further replies.