Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Buck

At the moment I am just focussed on us completing the season and hopefully getting 4th plus winning 1 or 2 trophies.

Skåre Willoch

I don't understand why so many are being pessimist. 90M + 60M in credit in cash is huge money, especially in an environment were clubs will be struggling to stay afloat. If Dortmund can afford to keep Sancho then well done to them. They do come across as a selling club. Also I wonder why would they do it. Sancho has 2 years left in his contract. If they won't sell him on cheap now then they'll have to sell him on cheap in 12 months time. So in my opinion they are better off selling him now when they need the money and can negotiate some juicy clauses for him

As said 150m in cash is big money in this current climate. Many clubs will be forced to the wall with this crisis and cash will be king. If Dortmund want to act as jerks then I'd have a look at clubs like Roma. Prior to his injury Zaniolo was scoring goals for fun. He can play both in CM and RW and he's doing well in a team that didn't make Mkhitaryan and Kagawa look like a super star.
I agree with this 100%. Money is not gonna be a problem if we get serious, and Dortmund will be listening. The question should be who else we can afford. Now is the time to spend the noodle money.

Any one (or more) of Grealish, Bellingham, Ighalo, Partey, whoever fits, and I’d be stunned. And i reckon we can afford it. One, or more, in adition to Sancho.

And if we don’t move on Sancho now, we’ll regret it for generations. Ole knows it. Woodward knows it. Jadon himself knows it.

A young, world class, english front trio of Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho playing together for Manchester United to «complete» the rebuild, blasting us into a decade of contention on all fronts.

Add Maguire, AWB and hopefully Grealish to these three, and were looking at 400 caps for England combined when all is done and dusted. Please quote me on this in 10 years.

Make it happen.

ColvaleGoa

I agree with this 100%. Money is not gonna be a problem if we get serious, and Dortmund will be listening. The question should be who else we can afford. Now is the time to spend the noodle money.

Any one (or more) of Grealish, Bellingham, Ighalo, Partey, whoever fits, and I’d be stunned. And i reckon we can afford it. One, or more, in adition to Sancho.

And if we don’t move on Sancho now, we’ll regret it for generations. Ole knows it. Woodward knows it. Jadon himself knows it.

A young, world class, english front trio of Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho playing together for Manchester United to «complete» the rebuild, blasting us into a decade of contention on all fronts.

Add Maguire, AWB and hopefully Grealish to these three, and were looking at 400 caps for England combined when all is done and dusted. Please quote me on this in 10 years.

Make it happen.
Don't get Banned before 10 years!

yo@Kirk

Dangerous thinking. Greenwood has world class potential but he`s still not ready to start week in week out and he`s more of a RVN/RVP than a Salah/Pepe/Mahrez anyway he`s playing on the RW for now till he physically develops and he lacks the natural pace wingers/inside forwards have, long term he`s a CF.
In 621 minutes of Premier League and Europa League play at right forward/right attacking midfield this season, 18 year old Mason Greenwood is providing a goal or assist every 62 minutes. I don't see any reason to think he wouldn't enjoy continued success with more coaching at the position and more playing experience at the position. Like Sancho, his superb technical skills, not his overwhelming physical abilities, that make him so productive at the position, imo

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don't understand why so many are being pessimist. 90M + 60M in credit in cash is huge money, especially in an environment were clubs will be struggling to stay afloat. If Dortmund can afford to keep Sancho then well done to them. They do come across as a selling club. Also I wonder why would they do it. Sancho has 2 years left in his contract. If they won't sell him on cheap now then they'll have to sell him on cheap in 12 months time. So in my opinion they are better off selling him now when they need the money and can negotiate some juicy clauses for him

As said 150m in cash is big money in this current climate. Many clubs will be forced to the wall with this crisis and cash will be king. If Dortmund want to act as jerks then I'd have a look at clubs like Roma. Prior to his injury Zaniolo was scoring goals for fun. He can play both in CM and RW and he's doing well in a team that didn't make Mkhitaryan and Kagawa look like a super star.
It’s actually even £90m + £150m in credit.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Make it happen.
Well it may become a problem if Dortmund insist on a silly sum of money like for example 120m in cash. Considering that we buckled up for Maguire and in some ways Bruno then that a realistic scenario we must brace ourselves to. I hope that United has a plan B for Jadon just in case. We can't face yet another season without a top quality RW + if we are serious on an alternative then there's a chance that Dortmund would stand down and be more realistic

edcunited1878

Just when Sancho moves, not if. Current contract with Dortmund ends 30 June 2022.

This summer Dortmund is at their strongest to negotiate. Sancho will not make arguably the highest profile move since Pogba or Neymar in world football during a winter window. He also only has his sights, realistically, for a few clubs such as Madrid, United, Barcelona, maybe another English club? The Premier League wants to try to have the top players playing in their league, especially if they are English.

United have been seriously engaged in the preparation of Sancho's transfer back to England and to United for at least a year. The rumors and little comments here and there from multiple parties are too large to ignore.

Without Covid, we could have seen a gigantic transfer this summer after the Euros, just like we did after Euro 2016 i.e. Paul Pogba.

reddevilchennai

In 621 minutes of Premier League and Europa League play at right forward/right attacking midfield this season, 18 year old Mason Greenwood is providing a goal or assist every 62 minutes. I don't see any reason to think he wouldn't enjoy continued success with more coaching at the position and more playing experience at the position. Like Sancho, his superb technical skills, not his overwhelming physical abilities, that make him so productive at the position, imo
Greenwood's natural position is CF/ST. Why should we move him to right wing. No one in Dortmund would like Haaland to play in RW/LW incase Sancho moves to another club.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Jon Snow.

And you have been peddling this line, and tbh, just about any line of negativity long before the accounts were published. For months in fact.

You need to get over yourself. Your an internet fan like everyone else. Coming along declaring what will and won’t happen and telling everyone else that they are idiots for even daring to ‘hope’ that a deal that has been very, very widely reported to be highly possible is in fact possible.

You can think we will not sign Sancho all you like. What you shouldn’t do is confuse yourself for someone who has any more of a clue of what will actually happen than any other poster online.
I don't confess to have inside knowledge though. I'm saying if you take all things into consideration us signing one of the most wanted players in Europe during a pandemic where we are going to lose tens of millions is just pie in the sky.

We need an rvn

At the moment I am just focussed on us completing the season and hopefully getting 4th plus winning 1 or 2 trophies.
well Buck, you're very positive and optimistic if you think the FA cup and Europa league are going to played out, as well as all the league fixtures for all other countries, for us to win two trophies this year.

But you can say the same line you did in pretty much any thread on the caf. Here we're discussing the dream that is Sancho / the waste of money when we have x player / other players nothing to do with this thread

seegoblu

It’s actually even £90m + £150m in credit.
While those sums are correct, I think it is misleading for fans to think that a significant amount can/will be used for transfer transactions. Don’t forget that there are salaries to pay, debt to service, facilities to maintain and unfortunately dividends to pay to the Glazers . All of these fixed expenses have to be paid for with reduced revenues.

Additionally, any well run business isn’t going to spend all of its cash or draw down on all available credit if it wants to continue as an operating company.

I’m a transfer muppet and love the chase and projections of new additions to address the holes in the lineup, but expectations need to be managed. I’m sure the club could afford the first year payment for Sancho (if the 100mm or so fee is paid over 3-4 years), but perhaps nothing significant beyond that.

Does Dortmund really have to sell Sancho this year? If they only get 60m bids in a depressed market and the market recovers next year they might get 40m bids then...maybe it’s worth 20m to Dortmund to keep their world class winger for the year and really push Bayern for a title.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don't confess to have inside knowledge though. I'm saying if you take all things into consideration us signing one of the most wanted players in Europe during a pandemic where we are going to lose tens of millions is just pie in the sky.
And we have heard you. So now what you need to do is continue your campaign by telling those who have NOT heard you - like Honigstein, Ornstein, Romano and the rest of the journalists who, despite being aware that there is a pandemic, are suggesting that the deal is still being pursued.

Maybe once you have finally informed EVERYONE that this deal will NOT happen, you won’t need to suffer the indignity of reading any more articles and comments about it.

NoPace

I don't think this impacts signing Sancho in that Sancho could play at LW or Greenwood up front. The idea is probably to have 5 star quality players for 3 spots, with one wide player and one central option, like how City have Sterling-Aguero-Sane as starters and Jesus as a main central sub and Mahrez the 3rd winger. We'd have Rashford-Martial-Sancho with Greenwood (central) and James (wide) backing them up. Hell we could even play Sancho-Rashford-Greenwood as a front 3 longterm if it turns out Greenwood is our best attacker and at his best on the right and not centrally.

I guess you could argue that it lowers the RW on the needs list, and I don't think that's crazy since you're basically just saying you'd rather bet on Greenwood keeping up even 2/3rds of his production on the right and Martial and Rashford staying healthy then you are about our 2nd CB spot or LB or even DM.

But I still want Sancho. He could also play as a 10 for us in a 4-2-3-1 if Pogba leaves, whenever Bruno misses time and we are starved for creativity. I like Grealish, but he doesn't get the ball to his teammates like Sancho does in the final 3rd despite being 4 years older. We could even play 4-4-2 with Martial and Rashford up top and Sancho and James or Greenwood out wide. The point is he'd give us 3500 minutes or whatever of creativity and goalscoring.

Giggs is at 162 assists all time on the Prem site with Cesc at #2 with 111. Sancho has 29 assists in 47 Bundesliga starts. If we sign him and keep him from age 20-30, I think I'd set the over/under for assists around Cesc's number, that's going to be worth even a huge fee, especially with Greenwood, Bruno and Rashford all being very good shooters with Greenwood potentially great.

Sign Sancho, keep Pogba and somehow find a starting LB or CB, preferably both, and you can look at the squad and see a title contending side if it's healthy, one of the forwards makes a proper leap to stardom and Fred takes to being a #6, both of which I'd bet on (3 shots with Rashford, Greenwood and Martial) on.

RkkMan

Even then he is still not ready to start week in week out or be a focal point in the big big games yet and there is the issue of depth. If he gets injured we are screwed. Not discounting his potential as I HIGHLY rate him but having him as a regular on the RW instead of someone established should not be an option if we want to go to the next level.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Spend your cash reserves and credit line on player purchases before the PL has even resumed playing. What could possibly go wrong?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Spend your cash reserves and credit line on player purchases before the PL has even resumed playing. What could possibly go wrong?
Given the transfer window will not open before the PL resumes that is near on impossible.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You're comparing chalk and cheese in terms of development. Greenwood has had 18 of his 22 appearances coming off the bench whilst Sancho is the star of a title challenging Bundasliga side, able to strike fear into the likes of Bayern or Barcelona players every time he gets on the ball.

Greenwood is certainly exciting as a talent and his progress has been great thus far. But to insinuate comparison to Sancho just yet is presumptuous.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Given the transfer window will not open before the PL resumes that is near on impossible.
You can do business anytime you want. The transfer windows just regulate when you are allowed to register new players to competitions. But that's kind of missing my point: as long as there are all these uncertainties around the impact of Covid-19 with potentially financially devastating consequences, clubs will probably want to hold significant financial reserves.

RkkMan

You're comparing chalk and cheese in terms of development. Greenwood has had 18 of his 22 appearances coming off the bench whilst Sancho is the star of a title challenging Bundasliga side, able to strike fear into the likes of Bayern or Barcelona players every time he gets on the ball.

Greenwood is certainly exciting as a talent and his progress has been great thus far. But to insinuate comparison to Sancho just yet is presumptuous.
Thank you. Greenwood is a massive talent but we shouldn`t overrate him that much just yet. He still has some way to go especially in physical development before he can reach Sancho`s level and like I said I`m 100% sure he`ll end up as a CF anyway not a wide player.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You can do business anytime you want. The transfer windows just regulate when you are allowed to register new players to competitions. But that's kind of missing my point: as long as there are all these uncertainties around the impact of Covid-19 with potentially financially devastating consequences, clubs will probably want to hold significant financial reserves.
I’m aware you can, but we haven’t, because the season is not over. I think it is a significant point because, for the season to be over - football will need to have returned, or clarity provided on the future of things. So if we are only going to spend once the season is completed, there is a certain level of clarity required for us to get to that point.

Fosu-Mens

Thank you. Greenwood is a massive talent but we shouldn`t overrate him that much just yet. He still has some way to go especially in physical development before he can reach Sancho`s level and like I said I`m 100% sure he`ll end up as a CF anyway not a wide player.
One is a world-class creator, the other is a seriously talented finisher. Their abilities complement each other perfectly. Somewhat similar to Haaland and Sancho, but Haaland's goals come more from his positioning and movement while Greenwood still needs some work/experience in this area of his game.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
According to @Rozay we've got 90m in cash + 150m credit. So here's what I think

a- The crisis will hit the smaller clubs the most. Dortmund is traditionally a selling club and its not that long ago when they were near to financial ruin.
b- Jadon has just 2 years left in his contract. If they don't sell him now then they will still sell him on the cheap the summer after
c- Fees are often done on installments. Thus mean that the sum mentioned above is way real then one might think. Jadon might only cost 30m this summer and 15m for the next 4 years or so
d- Salaries are the real killer these days. If we can get rid of a couple of high earning players by replacing them with Jadon then the club will be in a better state in long term
e- Once football start we need as much good factor going as possible. Signing Jadon might attract the few sponsors willing to spend money in football.

Rolaholic

He's had a nice assist not long after coming on just a few minutes ago

Would be a mouthwatering prospect having an elite playmaker like him helping out the young attacking talent we currently have.

Having quality ball delivery from the likes of him,Bruno and Pogba would almost be unfair for Rashford,Martial and Greenwood

izec

Don't see him moving this summer. We won't cough up the price they would want, and they won't budge on the 100m+ price tag.

luke511

Don't see him moving this summer. We won't cough up the price they would want, and they won't budge on the 100m+ price tag.
The reason why he's not starting for them at the moment could transfer/contract related maybe? I reckon he's moving this summer. Woodward will offer the asking amount anyway, he'll understand how good of an investment it is when you're thinking in the long term, he'll see this summer as an opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.