Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Only want Sancho tbh. Any othwr person for that position would feel like a disappointment.
Yeah feel exactly the same way as you, suspect he was on the bench again today due to his recent injury rather than anything to do with his future at the club

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The reason why he's not starting for them at the moment could transfer/contract related maybe? I reckon he's moving this summer. Woodward will offer the asking amount anyway, he'll understand how good of an investment it is when you're thinking in the long term, he'll see this summer as an opportunity.
I believe he's only just returned from a calf injury so is being eased back in.

pascell

I could see a deal being struck for €130m, €50m this summer then €25m the next two summers and €30m in add ons such as him winning the Ballon d'Or and us winning the league/CL etc

El Jefe

Only want Sancho tbh. Any othwr person for that position would feel like a disappointment.
I feel the same way but the last time I wanted a particular player and no one else was Berbatov :nervous: I was so convinced he was the last piece of the puzzle.

The signing of Sancho to me is a bit like when Chelsea got Hazard or City got Aguero. Players that your rivals will hate that you have for years to come.

We need an rvn

We have a business to run. I would understand if we said we can't do it
That's a bit like having a peak view of Michael Jordan for a few years, knowing he will probably be the difference between winning a championship or 3, and saying no whilst knowing you could make the savings elsewhere if you really thought the player was special.

Jadon is a must for me and happily sacrifice elsewhere for a year than let the likes of Chelsea sign him to be honest

laughtersassassin

We have a business to run. I would understand if we said we can't do it
Then we should just let the fans wlknow we aren't interested in football for the most part.

Team has been neglected for too long. Especially RW and now there is a top class British one who wants to join.

No excuses. Get it done. Even if we only make two signings this summer total. It's our biggest whole and of we miss out on him there might be no one good enough available next season.

Can't repeat the Griezmann scenario.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Then we should just let the fans wlknow we aren't interested in football for the most part.

Team has been neglected for too long. Especially RW and now there is a top class British one who wants to join.

No excuses. Get it done. Even if we only make two signings this summer total. It's our biggest whole and of we miss out on him there might be no one good enough available next season.

Can't repeat the Griezmann scenario.
Ah come on, don’t be dramatic.

yo@Kirk

Greenwood's natural position is CF/ST. Why should we move him to right wing. No one in Dortmund would like Haaland to play in RW/LW incase Sancho moves to another club.
Greenwood's natural position at the U-18 level was CF/ST. He hasn't shown similar natural ability or production at CF/ST playing against EPL and EL competition. He has shown great natural ability and great production at RF/RAM against EPL and EL competition. With coaching and experience, Greenwood can be a top RF/RAM in Ole's attack, imo. Haaland has shown great natural ability and great production playing CF/ST at Dortmund from his first match on so playing him at another position would be a wasteful move only an amateur manager would make.

In Rainbows

Greenwood's natural position at the U-18 level was CF/ST. He hasn't shown similar natural ability or production at CF/ST playing against EPL and EL competition. He has shown great natural ability and great production at RF/RAM against EPL and EL competition. With coaching and experience, Greenwood can be a top RF/RAM in Ole's attack, imo. Haaland has shown great natural ability and great production playing CF/ST at Dortmund from his first match on so playing him at another position would be a wasteful move only an amateur manager would make.
But that's because Greenwood still has a teenager's body where as Haaland is built like a man. That's going to change as Mason matures.

yo@Kirk

You're comparing chalk and cheese in terms of development. Greenwood has had 18 of his 22 appearances coming off the bench whilst Sancho is the star of a title challenging Bundasliga side, able to strike fear into the likes of Bayern or Barcelona players every time he gets on the ball.

Greenwood is certainly exciting as a talent and his progress has been great thus far. But to insinuate comparison to Sancho just yet is presumptuous.
I don't see United spending 100m on Sancho in the next window. Greenwood has started and played 90' at RW 3 times in EL. He has 4 goals and 2 assists in those 3 matches. He has started and played at least 80' at RW in 2 EPL matches and scored a goal in each match. 15 points with 15 goals for and 1 goal against in those 5 matches. Somebody will start at RW when the season restarts. Greenwood should be that somebody. I believe he'll do well with the opportunity.

Do you believe Greenwood will never be a good CF/ST at PL level? To me it's pretty clear he has a hard time w the physical nature of that position given he's still extremely lightweight. On the right he has a lot more space to operate and his production there is great despite drifting in and out of games, but I'm certain his long term future is up front.

yo@Kirk

Do you believe Greenwood will never be a good CF/ST at PL level? To me it's pretty clear he has a hard time w the physical nature of that position given he's still extremely lightweight. On the right he has a lot more space to operate and his production there is great despite drifting in and out of games, but I'm certain his long term future is up front.
Significant physical maturity is not a given once someone turns 19. Somebody has to play RW when the season restarts. United will need their best XI playing to get top 4, IMO. Greenwood is better than James, LIngard, or Mata at RW and should definitely be first choice at RW for the finish of the season. It will give Ole and Ed a chance to see what they have at RW in Greenwood. Just smart business, imo.

Andersonson

I've been trying too watch him a bit more lately, and I find him extremely interesting.

He would be perfect for us at right the wing. The way he sets pace and make defenders uncomfortable would set up alot of space for Pogba/Bruno and Rashford.
Signing him would be a massive upgrade to our attack and I think he fits perfectly for Ole's planning.

Signing him would make 2020 a little bit brighter!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't see United spending 100m on Sancho in the next window. Greenwood has started and played 90' at RW 3 times in EL. He has 4 goals and 2 assists in those 3 matches. He has started and played at least 80' at RW in 2 EPL matches and scored a goal in each match. 15 points with 15 goals for and 1 goal against in those 5 matches. Somebody will start at RW when the season restarts. Greenwood should be that somebody. I believe he'll do well with the opportunity.
I do, I think Manchester United like other clubs are weakened because of the pandemic, but will realise their relative wealth is larger to some clubs and they will capitalise on the situation.

Also, Greenwood has played against feck all by way of EL oppositions, there's no point extrapolating from the level of competition there to dependable consistency in the league. What's more is Greenwood is a future center forward, he's not a long term right winger, so shoe-horning him in that position makes little sense.

Mark Pawelek

Don't see him moving this summer. We won't cough up the price they would want, and they won't budge on the 100m+ price tag.
I think Dortmund's "100m" price tag = €100m = £89m. United say we won't pay more than £60m - £70m for any single player. At first glance - it looks impossible, an immovable object meets an irresistible force. At second glance - creative accounting, we pay £69m plus £20m in bonuses, depending on us winning English PL, European CL, and/or Sancho winning Ballon d'Or. £5m each time that happens for a maximum of 4 bonuses over the next 4, or 5 years; I can easily see it happening.

kirk buttercup

Rashford - Martial - Sancho - Greenwood -Igalo (if we can hold on to him ) would offer alot of Fire power . That excites me , especially if we can keep Pogba and Add a defensive Midfielder. I honestly think we would be contenders with that.

croadyman

Do you reckon Dortmund will start him in their showdown with Bayern on Tues. I still believe we can make this deal happen in some way.

kirk buttercup

Do you reckon Dortmund will start him in their showdown with Bayern on Tues. I still believe we can make this deal happen in some way.
Yes. This is a massive game which will go along way to deciding the league . I think he has been given time to get over the niggles leading up to this game . But this is it . Dortmund have been number 2 for too long

Scholsey2004

I really, really want us to sign him. The circumstances make this a very hard sell to the money men though.

Strelok

Has anyone thought about a swap deal £ + Lingard?

Would be nice for everyone involved imho.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ole isn't going to have a RAM system going forward though - it's something he's clearly applied because he has no right wingers in the first place. It's obvious Ole wants a winger out there on the flank and Greenwood isn't that long term.

RkkMan

We don`t know if Sancho will or won`t come Utd are yet to show an indication that they will walk away and like I said earlier Greenwood is still developing physically hence why he is playing out wide(for now) where he has more space and time to operate in and less likely to deal with physical CBs. In the long term though once he is physically ready he will be a CF ala RVP Ole himself who knows a thing or two about STs said he expects Mason to be an all rounded no9. His finishing is too good to be wasted out wide and he does not have the natural pace the likes of Mahrez/Salah/Pepe do so he may struggle to deal with fast fullbacks and on the RW in general in the long term.
Significant physical maturity is not a given once someone turns 19. Somebody has to play RW when the season restarts. United will need their best XI playing to get top 4, IMO. Greenwood is better than James, LIngard, or Mata at RW and should definitely be first choice at RW for the finish of the season. It will give Ole and Ed a chance to see what they have at RW in Greenwood. Just smart business, imo.
For the remainder of the season definitely(except against Spurs and Leicester we need James` pace and work rate for the big games) for the whole of next season though it cannot be the case. If we don`t get a RW we are one injury away from using Pereira or Mata on the right.

kidbob

It's not even about physical maturity FFS. The lad is young as hell and has just had his first season at senior level. The learning curve is immense. There is every chance that his physicality remains the same but he simply learns how to adapt to a new level over time. In any job a step up in level requires bedding in time and writing off Greenwood's future as a striker after one season is simply stupid, especially considering that's the position he came up in.

Status
Not open for further replies.