Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Probably more confident we'll sign him now considering the exact same thing was said a couple of weeks before we signed each of Bruno, Maguire and AWB
We ended up paying exactly what Leicester and Palace wanted though.
And lost 6months of time on Bruno.

We won't be getting Sancho for 50m. That's incredibly optimistic posturing

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We ended up paying exactly what Leicester and Palace wanted though.
And lost 6months of time on Bruno.

We won't be getting Sancho for 50m. That's incredibly optimistic posturing
Basically this.

laughtersassassin

Our summer is potentially looking very bleak. So often it seems we aren't really trying to get back to the top.

Always comes across to me as we are doing the bare minimum. Even last summer. With no outgoings it was good but we knew Lukaku was going and didn't spend that money. Unless Maguire was purchased with that and if so then we spent no money last summer.

We get to keep Pogba one more year now build a proper team.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Our summer is potentially looking very bleak. So often it seems we aren't really trying to get back to the top.

Always comes across to me as we are doing the bare minimum. Even last summer. With no outgoings it was good but we knew Lukaku was going and didn't spend that money. Unless Maguire was purchased with that and if so then we spent no money last summer.

The only consolation is that it'll only be a couple of weeks without a game this summer rather than 3months to build hopes up

Greck

That's harsh. Without even looking at the figures I'm sure we've been top 3 spenders in the league every summer for the last 5 years or more. Truth is we've pissed the money and have had managers who cant make their spending count for shit in the table. Why we always feel like we're 200 million plus from making any progress

Anyway this transfer doesn't even look close to being done.

Last edited:

Lemansky

This is in my opinion purely a negotiation stance. No need to panic or anything. This summer we will strengthen as we normally do.

Skåre Willoch

That's harsh. Without even looking at the figures I'm sure we've been top 3 spenders in the league every summer for the last 5 years or more. Truth is we've pissed the money and have had managers who cant make their spending count for shit in the table
Yes. These are the total figures since 17/18 according to transfermarkt:

If we include every season since Moyes took over, it looks even bleaker considering the amount of league titles or knockout stages in the CL we have to show for.

Sancho will come, and we'll pay a lot for him. I refuse to believe anything else until the transfer window is shut.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Every single summer threads like these expose those who can’t handle the ups and downs of a transfer window. If you can’t handle the heat then get out.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
50m.. must be a joke... if that's true maybe Dortmund can try a sneaky bid of 35m for Bruno and 50m for Pogba as well.. its coronavirus market after all.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Every single summer threads like these expose those who can’t handle the ups and downs of a transfer window. If you can’t handle the heat then get out.
It's like United throw in a few wobbles on purpose just so they can chuck a few muppets over board before revealing the war chest.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
"Officials behind the scenes..."

is a classic "We've made this up and this is the least amount of information we can give to publish fake news without getting in trouble"

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The people writing “obvious bullshit” or “classic case of....” or “nothing to worry about” are the ones who are worried about that Sky tweet. I can definitely see enough dithering from us to the point where we miss out on him. Wouldn’t be confident in us at all to get that done.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Oh this is starting to look all too familiar.

We baulk at the price, put in a piss-take offer, then one of the big boys steps in and buys him for £100 mill and next year he is player of the season.

No value in the market.

"75 million for Van Dijk? You must be mad!"
Except we weren't in for van Dijk at all. Are you thinking of Liverpool who tapped him up, put in a "piss-take offer" as they didn't want to pay the price then ended up paying it six months later?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
These are the words of a seasoned muppet.

Last edited:

manutddjw

This one is going to take awhile but it will be done. A right winger is really the only thing we desperately need an upgrade on. All other positions are either covered or ones we can wait another season to make a move.

Only way this doesn’t get done is if Greenwood starts every game on the right for the rest of the season and we find out he’s the second coming of Ronaldo. And if that happens I don’t think anyone would care if we didn’t sign Sancho.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Think we'll offer up to £85 million
I think it will end up something like €100m plus something like €5m if we win the pl, €5m if we win the cl, €5m if he makes 100 appearances and €5m if he wins the ballon door during his presumably 5 year contract )
at todays exchange rate thats around £91.3 + £4.57 per bonus... so £91.3 potentially rising to £109.58... in round figures around £90 rising to £110
Do city still have the opportunity to negotiate first if they match another offer?... could see them interested if they dodge the cl ban especially if they sell sane (would sancho still count as homegrown for them?)

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The people writing “obvious bullshit” or “classic case of....” or “nothing to worry about” are the ones who are worried about that Sky tweet. I can definitely see enough dithering from us to the point where we miss out on him. Wouldn’t be confident in us at all to get that done.
Same. We usually huff and puff for ages and either eventually pay the price the selling club wants or we go without. Yes I understand €120 million is insane given that a second social lockdown is extremely possible but if we are supposedly in the business of winning at football then this is a transfer we can’t let slip by unless we buy someone else and go back hard next year and play the contract game. What we save on the fee we will end up paying sancho in wages though. The board have had at least a year and 4 months of corona to come up with a plan and an offer for a very important deal for the manager and it always feel like they are just preparing things. Preparing, unless it’s a dinner (but who says that?) Its now my least favourite word. Let’s hope this isn’t the start of something that goes absolutely nowhere

Last edited:

RollieOle

50m.. must be a joke... if that's true maybe Dortmund can try a sneaky bid of 35m for Bruno and 50m for Pogba as well.. its coronavirus market after all.
Do you want the club to come out and say they want to spend up to £200mil on Sancho?

Its a negotiation tactic, might work or it might not, but it is not the final position of the club, only the starting position. Its a non-story, nothing to worry about.

Tarrou

if you survived Thiago you can survive anything

even Sancho failing a medical.. err maybe that would actually end me

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Been saying it for ages... if you really want a player (and to have him in before 2.50pm on the first day of the season), you pretty much have to pay the asking price. Our transfer policy is run by Kermit and Fozzie Bear

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think it will end up something like €100m plus something like €5m if we win the pl, €5m if we win the cl, €5m if he makes 100 appearances and €5m if he wins the ballon door during his presumably 5 year contract )
at todays exchange rate thats around £91.3 + £4.57 per bonus... so £91.3 potentially rising to £109.58... in round figures around £90 rising to £110
Do city still have the opportunity to negotiate first if they match another offer?... could see them interested if they dodge the cl ban especially if they sell sane (would sancho still count as homegrown for them?)
Do you really think the Glazers would sanction that kind of outlay with so much uncertainty? That is where my pessimism comes from. I do not doubt our interest, Dortmund and the player's willingness but I just can't see us investing that sum in one player.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Do you really think the Glazers would sanction that kind of outlay with so much uncertainty? That is where my pessimism comes from. I do not doubt our interest, Dortmund and the player's willingness but I just can't see us investing that sum in one player.
hard to know - certainly from an accounting point of view the money would be amortised over the length of the contract and they did draw down the 140m loan facility so would certainly have the liquidity and accounting / ffp headroom to do it if they wanted

jasT1981

I'm not surprised. This is typical Utd under Woodward.

Get a price quoted. Spend the entire window bidding around half of what was quoted. Only to pay full price on or close to deadline day.

GiddyUp

Well its (apparent) confirmation that we are in for him anyway.

Nothing to worry about here really as its a (childlike) negotiating tactic most likely.

Dortmund probably want 100M+ for him

United don't want to pay more than 75/80m for him

Lets see who caves in the end (Woodward)
Haha, woodward caving is a banker. I doubt we will clear out half the players we need to because he will panic after a 100 mil outlay and feck all cash in transfers out. Like Smalling, imagine spending your career at United and then at an age where you should be ripe you are getting sold for the same amount as an average lower table player in the Dutch league. And even then the buyer is unsure. Don't know where Jones and Lingard are going. Mason Greenwood right now is worth more than three of them.
We will pay at least 90 for sure but right now we shouldn't give a feck.
We need the right players immediately, Sancho is one of them. If Ole gets timid about this it will cost him his job, not Woodward.

Status
Not open for further replies.